Hangars and Mash, my one panel comics

Reaction score
I've been posting these on my Facebook page for a few years for my friends. As most of these seem to wasted on my friends, I thought I'd try to post them in a place where people might enjoy them more.

I must warn you, though, that I have a rather morbid sense of humor. I also enjoy a good toilet joke here and there. If you don't enjoy these things, this might not be the thread for you. Don't worry, though, I don't do anything that would be considered offensive.... just ...twisted and immature.

BTW, they're not all Star Wars related.

If you enjoy them, I'll consider posting more periodically in the future.

Without any further adieu....

Hangars and Mash!!!!

Again, if you enjoy them, I might post more.

Reaction score
I enjoyed these a lot. You have excellent staging and clear photography. Some of these are really complex and quirky, like Boby's unit quiz. If you enjoy these, I'd love to see more!

Reaction score
I told myself that if I got 100 views in a week, I'd post more. It took less than a week to get that many. I'll take that as a good sign. Here are some more. I have a bundle of these, so I'll probably update once a week.

Reaction score

This is cliche, I know, but it's the first image of this nature that I shot. It's what got me started.

I always wondered why Jango's head never plopped to the ground during this scene.

Reaction score
These are really clever. I like the way you are able to use context and posing to imply what Gandalf says in the Monopoly game. And as dark as the humour is in the Boba image, you also capture much of the pathos of the scene, not to mention the issue you're trying to raise.

Reaction score
Before the helmet hits the ground in the close-up you can see the shadow of Jango's decapitated head falling into a different trajectory.

Great photography on the lot!

Reaction score
Before the helmet hits the ground in the close-up you can see the shadow of Jango's decapitated head falling into a different trajectory.
I never really noticed that before, so I went back and watched it. You're right, however, that second shadow's trajectory is so different, so completely different, that it looks like it was added as an afterthought. Or maybe, it wasn't Jango's head. Maybe it was a bird, or Mace's anger (shown symbolically) - I don't think Samuel Jackson can act without looking angry, or maybe it was the floating power supply that kept C-3p0's head active while detached from a body, or the phantom that ripped off the front of Padme's outfit when she got slashed from behind, etc. The list of possible explanations is endless as to what that shadow could have been.

Reaction score
I never really noticed that before, so I went back and watched it. You're right, however, that second shadow's trajectory is so different, so completely different, that it looks like it was added as an afterthought. Or maybe, it wasn't Jango's head. Maybe it was a bird, or Mace's anger (shown symbolically) - I don't think Samuel Jackson can act without looking angry, or maybe it was the floating power supply that kept C-3p0's head active while detached from a body, or the phantom that ripped off the front of Padme's outfit when she got slashed from behind, etc. The list of possible explanations is endless as to what that shadow could have been.
Someone knows his Attack of the Clones!

Reaction score
Someone knows his Attack of the Clones!
...and i don't really even like the PT. I quite like the Clone Wars series, though. I still have a hard time understanding why this was Lucas' vision of a "clone war." I mean, it seems to me that by all naming standards, it would be named "The Separatist War," "The Galactic Civil War," or "The Droid War." To me, the title "Clone War" implies vast armies of clones fighting each other. That's what I imagined as a child.

But, I digress. Here's the next installment.

Thanks for the views and the kind words...

Reaction score
These are brilliant. I really giggled when I saw the second and last ones. I do love the way in which you imply the Gandalf lines: that's a rather subtle allusion that is of great amusement to readers who have seen LOTR. I really enjoy these, and if you enjoy making them, I encourage you to keep doing so. They're a wonderfully witty collection of shots that punctuate the boredom of the daily grind.

Reaction score
The next four work together, somewhat.

No fluffy bunnies were harmed in the making of this comic, but my ferrets were a might bit grumpy after having been thoroughly brushed.

Reaction score
These are some of my older images, from when I was still trying to figure out what I was trying to do. Mind you, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing, but I digress.

The alternate text for this one was, "I swear, you really do need a degree in computer sciences to work on cars these days."

Reaction score
I'm having trouble viewing pics today, but I did read through these the other day and really enjoyed them. Some nice and creative humor here.

Reaction score
I'm having trouble viewing pics today, but I did read through these the other day and really enjoyed them. Some nice and creative humor here.
I think my image host has been having problems. I've heard from other forum admins that the host I chose sometimes has problems. I don't know if I should change or not. Who do you use?

Reaction score
All were funny, but I particularly liked the implied body language of "The Imperial Washroom Attendant." Something about Palpatine's hand position looks really authentic.

Reaction score
I'm posting this week's update a day early, Yeahhhhh!

This is a photo series I created last Christmas for an annual Christmas contest hosted by a German Star Wars fan site. So, if you follow their contests, it's possible you've already seen these. I hope you can enjoy them again, and your Christmas isn't ruined.

I did not win first place. In fact, I didn't place at all.

There you have it!!! In addition, you now know secret origin of my screen name.

Reaction score
Here's a bonus post. The Christmas contest on the German Star Wars site ended with much the same result as last year. So, I thought I'd post 3 of my images here now, as they won't make as much sense next year.

100 years ago this Christmas, during World War I, the German and British troops on the Western Front issued a treasonous cease-fire for Christmas Day. They sang Christmas Carols, had Christmas mass, played football, shared food, engaged in friendly shenanigans, and then they went back to the trenches. The next day, the fighting resumed.

I wanted to commemorate that event in Star Wars fashion. I hope you enjoy it.

and, no, none of these photos were deemed good enough to win a prize.

Reaction score
I thought the "Cup of Joe" was really funny, and the black stormtrooper was a neat way to imply an outcome by accident of paint. I like these a lot, and want you to know that I appreciate them and your work.

Reaction score
Another fine set of parodies. I best like how you approximated the décor of the Death Star in the background of Luke and Han's shot: very cleverly implied. The green screen and the boom mike were also really cleverly done!

Reaction score
I best like how you approximated the décor of the Death Star in the background of Luke and Han's shot...
Thanks. I don't have the budget, really, for lavish backdrops and sets, so I make do with the little things I can pick up here and there. I was shooting for, "They had to have storage rooms on the Death Star, right? Where else would they keep their Life Day lights during the rest of the year?"

Here's the next bundle...

Reaction score
The Daniel parody of Captain Kirk was a scream. Seriously - you nailed that one. Brilliant, funny, true, and embarrassing. Because I saw the first new Star Trek movie and, well, I get it. ;-)

Reaction score
You have a talent for posing figures as if they're in the middle of a fluid gesture. It's always wonderful to behold.

Reaction score
As always, incredibly funny! With the mix of history, opera, everyday interactions, and, of course, the bizarre these are sooo entertaining! Thanks for sharing!!!

Reaction score
The first image of this group was shot as a tribute, of sorts, to the Comic book covers from the 50's and 60's. I've always liked the style of those old horror and mystery comics. I couldn't think of an appropriate caption for it, though. I tried...
"IT CAME FROM THE ESCAPE POD!"
or
"He was a prissy, gold robot; he was a skilled saboteur. Together..." NO, NO, just stop it! YOU WILL NOT DO AN ODD COUPLE!

So, I decided to go with something more, for lack of a better word, random.

Reaction score
Lightning round was the best and the last: it was one of those moments when the word play truly clicks, and the animation is impressive. You have a singular talent for single-frame snapshots of anecdote. It's brilliant.