Han Solo's Landspeeder

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind the size of Han's Landspeeder. I suspect they made it slightly bigger than what was seen in the film due to trying to add value (perceived or otherwise) to the sculpt. As was said, most of the SW Hasbro toy vehicles are severely underscaled vs. what was seen in the film. So, having this one slightly bigger than the movie is fine with me; it doesn't make up for the other underscaled vehicles, but IMHO is still a nice touch.
Over is better than under scaled, no doubt. It just seems odd for them to do that. Reminds me of how the vintage Snowspeeder was actually over-scaled. They've since corrected that with the most modern sculpt. It's my favorite 3.75" vehicle of all time.

Reaction score
Finally got this HS Landspeeder vehicle - great toy! I like the simplistic - but also detailed - sculpt. It definitely looks like a Landspeeder that you would find in the pre-OT SW universe. It's got some minor "battle damage" as well - very cool.

IMHO the Han Solo figure this comes with is above average - for a 5 POA figure, that is. Good detail, and the vest is a separate piece - nice. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a holster where you can put the laser pistol - but, that's a minor nitpick, since some figures (even these days) still don't have holsters.
I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind the size of Han's Landspeeder. I suspect they made it slightly bigger than what was seen in the film due to trying to add value (perceived or otherwise) to the sculpt. As was said, most of the SW Hasbro toy vehicles are severely underscaled vs. what was seen in the film. So, having this one slightly bigger than the movie is fine with me; it doesn't make up for the other underscaled vehicles, but IMHO is still a nice touch.
Apologies for quoting you twice: I just had to as I recently picked this vehicle and figure up at retail for $15.00 NZD (New Zealand Dollars) - which is a hugely discounted price, in this part of the world - and you pretty posted exactly what I also think of this purchase! I agree on all your points: a holster would have been great for the figure, and I also think the sizing of the vehicle is just fine.

:) So glad to have acquired this!

Reaction score
I'm still going back and forth on this item, it's under $20 which is nice. But I cannot get myself to just do it. I'm not quite sold on it, but it does have a bit of allure.

Since I'm considering getting out of the Hobby, I'm trying to cut back on such frivolous purchases.

Reaction score
Let me nudge you in the direction of acquiring this! :p

Its the first and only Solo movie 3 3/4 inch toy I’ve picked up: and TBH, it’s just a fantastic SW speeder generally speaking.

The young, white worms gang Han Solo figure is surprisingly good - and a nice extra to also have.

Frivolous? Nay!

Highly recommended? Yay! :D

Reaction score
I'm still going back and forth on this item, it's under $20 which is nice. But I cannot get myself to just do it. I'm not quite sold on it, but it does have a bit of allure.

Since I'm considering getting out of the Hobby, I'm trying to cut back on such frivolous purchases.
I have it saved on my Amazon list, but I haven't been able to push myself to buy it either, considering I only want the figure, though the vehicle is cool. I just don't have room for all these 3.75 scale ships; I bought three from TLJ for the figures, and now the ships are boxed, gathering dust - I want to try to avoid doing that going forward.

I've considered retiring from the hobby myself after the Skywalker saga is over, but I'll probably stick around so long as they're releasing 3.75 scale figures. As a friend of mine said - once you're in it - you collect until you're dead, lol. If you left the hobby, the forums would certainly be worse off, you're one of our core veterans!

Reaction score
Apologies for quoting you twice: I just had to as I recently picked this vehicle and figure up at retail for $15.00 NZD (New Zealand Dollars) - which is a hugely discounted price, in this part of the world - and you pretty posted exactly what I also think of this purchase! I agree on all your points: a holster would have been great for the figure, and I also think the sizing of the vehicle is just fine.

:) So glad to have acquired this!
No problem; glad to have my posts quoted re: this underrated vehicle. Also glad you got this for a fantastic price. This has ended up being one of my favorite vehicles from the new films. It definitely is the type of ship you could imagine seeing "off screen" in the OT, and has a nice retro vibe/tone - also, the solid blue color is a nice touch.

To those who are on the fence re: getting this, don't concern yourselves with the figure - either way. For that matter, I would have gotten this vehicle without any figure(s) pack-in - it's that good, and stands on it's own.

Reaction score
As a friend of mine said - once you're in it - you collect until you're dead, lol.
Agreed. I've thought about getting out of the hobby numerous times over the years, but always get pulled back in when something else comes out that I want. I'm now collecting the 6" to some extent - something I never thought I'd do - LOL :eek:

This always reminds of the iconic scene & line in the underrated Godfather Part III (1990) - this is at about 1:00 in the below clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneS2Uwc6xw

Reaction score
I was seriously considering leaving the hobby right before the Barge announcement! Glad that I stayed long enough to snag that Beauty! Plus a few other cool items trailed in after, the Skiff etc.

While the St has been boring to me, I'm hanging on until I see what they do for ESB 35th. That will decide whether I seriously cut back, or just stop buying 99%.

Reaction score
The small snippet that we see of your collection room looks awesome. Also what is the floating trick?

Reaction score
Great pics. I suspect that because the landspeeder is on top of a glass table, it just looks like it's floating due to the clear glass?!

Reaction score
Great pics. I suspect that because the landspeeder is on top of a glass table, it just looks like it's floating due to the clear glass?!
The small snippet that we see of your collection room looks awesome. Also what is the floating trick?
Thanks guys, much appreciated! Yeah there's a slight bump on the underside of the speeder and the glass enhanced the floating appearance.

Reaction score
I can’t complain about the size. I suspect the original Jedi interceptors were slightly oversized as well, and the subsequent class II release was smaller and quite popular, but it’s just nice to have a roomy vehicle for a change. Who can get caught up on screen accuracy with scale, after decades of undersized shuttles, gunships and Sith infiltrators?

Reaction score
That's not what she said. Kidding aside I think it is a neat little craft, if somewhat more Blade Runnerish than Star Wars. If it were ten years ago I'd had bought it long ago, but these days just not into some items as much. Every now and then i check in on it, but never click on the order button.

The Scimitar was my biggest disappointment in terms of size. The Gunships might have been better being slightly larger, but for what purpose? They worked for the intended purpose. Not everything can be to scale.

Reaction score
Hmm 6 inch? I guess if the patrol speeder was available, that could be fun! I would love that actually!

Reaction score
The Scimitar was my biggest disappointment in terms of size.
I hear ya. It didn’t affect me so much. It was kind of like “well this is the deal” from Hasbro. The ship is not featured heavily and we never see inside it. Subjectively, as a vehicle that seats one figure, if it were a fighter that size, it would have worked great. It could well have been a compact little star skiff for what it did in the film, but alas, it was much bigger on screen. An exclusive figure might have sweetened the deal. Landspeeder Han is pretty cool!

The ship that really gets at me is the Republic Attack Shuttle. I just can’t deal with the pilot’s legs blocking the boarding ramp access. I actually tracked down a couple of Transformer Crossover clone pilots at considerable expense.. I feel a little more satisfied with that scale. Basically Action Fleet.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hmm 6 inch? I guess if the patrol speeder was available, that could be fun! I would love that actually!
if they had made the Patrol trooper in TVC, I would have bought several! This was the first time one of the new Stormtrooper designs appealed to me.
Also would have definitely bought this vehicle sooner if the figure had been more than 5PoA, I prefer this outfit more than his brown jacket look.

Yeah, i never did buy the Republic Shuttle, it just didn't resonate. Too much of a Playset rather than a vehicle/ship. Thinking back that was one minor grip with the Gunship, the tight cockpit.

Reaction score
The gunship and attack shuttle, I really love the designs. The gunship proportions are modded to “toy spec” obviously, which didn’t help it’s aesthetic for me, but it’s still pretty damn cool and is still fit for purpose.

The Attack Shuttle is near perfect in proportions, which really appealed.. just the pilots head fills the canopy noticeably more than the gunship. It’s weird because these ships, IRL, are actually similar in size, with the shuttle being slightly larger. Yet in toy scale they are also similar in size, but interact with the figures in a vastly different way.

Isn’t that patrol trooper in some crazy four pack? At least the Hovertank driver got a TVC release, but I ain’t biting, even though I have the tank enroute to my house 🙏. I have a 5 POA from the four pack, and he looks great in my old vintage troop transport. If it were up to me, all pack in figures would be super articulated. Heck, that’s all I would buy if they were available and didn’t cost a frackin fortune, but drivers get a pass as 5 POA ... I guess.
5 POA Corellia Han gets a pass too.

Where’s my TVC AT-ACT driver?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I got that 4 pack mainly of him, although the other 3 weren't that horrible. lol
I just would have loved this figure so much more if they had gone SA.

Reaction score
Slight sidebar: Can I just say, I absolutely love, love, love the Republic Attack-Shuttle, and find it's size perfect, in terms of storage. Appreciated the design the moment I saw it in an early CW animated movie poster.

Yes, its admittedly not to scale, however it is near perfect proportion-wise, as Nerfherder mentioned previously - and one vehicle I have no regrets picking up.

I primarily keep it as a vehicle, which it works fantastically as (it doesn't accidentally come loose and change into its playset mode either).

Highly recommended, if you are at all on the fence. :)

Reaction score
Slight sidebar: Can I just say, I absolutely love, love, love the Republic Attack-Shuttle, and find it's size perfect, in terms of storage. Appreciated the design the moment I saw it in an early CW animated movie poster.

Yes, its admittedly not to scale, however it is near perfect proportion-wise, as Nerfherder mentioned previously - and one vehicle I have no regrets picking up.

I primarily keep it as a vehicle, which it works fantastically as (it doesn't accidentally come loose and change into its playset mode either).

Highly recommended, if you are at all on the fence. :)
Agree. Funny thing, got it for my son when it came out. We had it for at LEAST a year before we figured out that if you do what the character says when you push the speech button, you get a different set of audio. For example, "raise the tower", then "blast them" means you push the "fire" button. If you do all that, you "win the battle". If not, you hear a bunch of explosions.

Reaction score
I noticed my speeder on display had an unusual high amount of dust on it. It seems that rubber section in front that ejects the driver is starting to get a sticky feeling on it. Have a feeling after a few years its going to break down and get tacky.

Reaction score
I noticed my speeder on display had an unusual high amount of dust on it. It seems that rubber section in front that ejects the driver is starting to get a sticky feeling on it. Have a feeling after a few years its going to break down and get tacky.
I remember, ages ago, when I still was collecting 3.75, I had the same problem with the front and back sections of Zam's speeder. They became sticky pretty fast, and acted like magnets for dust and hair. Anakins Hot Rod speeder front, too

Reaction score
It wouldn't be so bad if you could find a replacement, but since they no longer make these...
i have noticed this on several out of production items from around 2012.

Reaction score
I wonder if a small layer of same color paint with a glossy finish would help with this. I can't speak for others, but I won't plan on using the crunch feature.