Han Solo's Landspeeder

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the Han Solo's Landspeeder toy.

Reaction score
This is actually a really nice vehicle. It has a crash feature similar to the AOTC speeders, that will pop the driver out of his chair. The only downside is that it needs wheels, and might be a tad too big.

Reaction score
This is actually a really nice vehicle. It has a crash feature similar to the AOTC speeders, that will pop the driver out of his chair. The only downside is that it needs wheels, and might be a tad too big.
It is a nice toy, but I noticed that too, it’s actually ...a little to big, which is a really weird thing for hasbro to get wrong

Reaction score
It is a nice toy, but I noticed that too, it’s actually ...a little to big, which is a really weird thing for hasbro to get wrong
I'm lukewarm on this toy. I don't like the size, it really feels way too big compared to the action figures. And the crumple feature is the worst. I do love the ejector seat, though, and I wish they had that with just button activation instead of the crash feature. That Zam Wessel-esque rubbery material is absolutely disgusting.

Reaction score
I'm lukewarm on this toy. I don't like the size, it really feels way too big compared to the action figures. And the crumple feature is the worst. I do love the ejector seat, though, and I wish they had that with just button activation instead of the crash feature. That Zam Wessel-esque rubbery material is absolutely disgusting.
I concur. Rubbery crash features are the worst. Such a shame for both those speeder toys.

Reaction score
Is ir just here, or did these things sell out and not get replaced in other areas too?

After the initial release of vehicles, I've seen none since.

In fact, my local WM is just now getting the Falcon.........

Reaction score
Is ir just here, or did these things sell out and not get replaced in other areas too?

After the initial release of vehicles, I've seen none since.

In fact, my local WM is just now getting the Falcon.........
I've only seen this at 1 store, which was where I grabbed it at a local KM. I've never seen it at any WMs or Targets.

Reaction score
There's only one per case, so if a store only ordered/got on case. Then 1 is all they get, and judging by Solo's performance there won't be anymore shipments if they ere even planned. If there i more product out there in limbo, I suspect th discount stores will see them soon.

Reaction score
Yet anyone can go get one from Amazon direct for retail price...so what's the issue with it now being on stores?

Reaction score
Do you honestly want an answer, or is that sarcastic?

Because there is an issue, but not directly related to Collecting aspect.

Reaction score
Yet anyone can go get one from Amazon direct for retail price...so what's the issue with it now being on stores?
Because little Jimmy can't exactly take his birthday money and buy it on Amazon when he sees it. Kids are the driving force behind these toy sales, and we need the toys on shelves to make them more accessible to the kids, thereby driving the toy sales.

Either way, I haven't seen hide nor hair of this toy anywhere.

Reaction score
Either way, I haven't seen hide nor hair of this toy anywhere.
It’s interesting hearing from you guys what is available in your areas and what isn’t. My target has large quantities of all the ships, but the figures are selling out quickly (except for TVC, which I suspect will be clearance items in a few weeks). Lots of Han’s Landspeeders, Falcons, A-wings, etc, but not a single yellow carded figure on the pegs...not even a Qi-Ra!

Reaction score
It’s interesting hearing from you guys what is available in your areas and what isn’t. My target has large quantities of all the ships, but the figures are selling out quickly (except for TVC, which I suspect will be clearance items in a few weeks). Lots of Han’s Landspeeders, Falcons, A-wings, etc, but not a single yellow carded figure on the pegs...not even a Qi-Ra!
I've seen basically nothing outside of K2 and Luke Skywalker in stores. It's absurd.

Reaction score
Still haven't seen Solo: A SW story yet. However, I am leaning towards getting this Han Solo Landspeeder toy - even though I initially wasn't going to get this.

I like the design, which is both simplistic & functional. This bears a slight similarity to the Episode 1 Flashspeeder (which itself was based on the look of an unused landspeeder in Luke's garbage from ANH), and at the same time looks like a vehicle that could have been used in the Brian Daley Han Solo novels (1979-1980).

What's turning me off is the $30 price tag (or thereabouts). It's a little expensive for a toy of this size, but at the same time - that's par for the course re: these new SW toys. And, it's a he$$ of a lot better than the $80 I paid for the Imperial Hovertank.

Reaction score
Agreed. Initially I was put off by it, IDK it just seemed odd/lazy. It's just a box... Like whoever designed the new stuff just carved chunks out of whole ships to use.
Over time this vessel has grown on me, particularly the detail that was put into it. Ad the fact it's the only way to get "that" Han figure.

The $30 price tag also hangs me up, if it ever drops to $20 I'll get one. IMO, personal craft should be in that $20-25 price point.

Reaction score
I'd buy this vehicle if it went down to $25. The figure is an added bonus, so you could almost argue that it may be worth that much...though I agree $20 would be much more reasonable.

That being said, I haven't seen this reduced at all @ retail stores & it's been out for a while. So, who knows if it will go down in price.

Reaction score
Back in the not-too-distant Saga Legend days, the vehicle would have been $20 and the figure sold separately (san Force Link) would have been $5.99 = $26. I recall back in the day when Transformers deluxe classes were in the $10, then $15, and now $20 with the 'premiere' tag. Yeah, it's simple inflation, but expect toys like this to organized into various price point categories with the added 'bonus' to justify current prices.

Reaction score
But the figures we more articulated than they are today, so it was to cost prohibitive to "include" it. But here were instances where they did, so it ins't unprecedented.
In the case of this , they had to include it due to the unique attire. He doesn't wear this outfit any other time. Though I'm sure they are people who would buy it on the card.

Reaction score
I was hoping this figure was going to be repacked with Lady Proxima - no such luck yet! I'm tired of buying ships just for the figure, so I'm waiting this one out. I bought three different TLJ ships on clearance for the figures, and now I'm stuck with ships I don't want. I honestly wish ships and figures were always separate unless they were repacks.

Reaction score
I was hoping I could display a VC124 Solo in this Speeder but because of the stupid way that the engineered the holster the figure can't sit...

Reaction score
What ships are you stuck with, and couldn't you sell them on ebay?
Though honestly that's my dilemma with the A-Wing, I want Tallie but not the ship. lol
But I'm a bit too lazy to sell things on ebay...

Reaction score
What ships are you stuck with, and couldn't you sell them on ebay?
Though honestly that's my dilemma with the A-Wing, I want Tallie but not the ship. lol
But I'm a bit too lazy to sell things on ebay...
I suppose I could put them on ebay, but I've never sold anything on there before, and frankly think its more of a bother. I paid $12 or less per ship, so its not an issue of wasted money, I just don't have the room or desire to own large vehicles, I prefer the tiny diecast ships. I'd like to donate them, but I cant give them to Toys for Tots without the figures. ;p I offered them up for trade in the local section, but its dead.

Tallie is great though, that's why I picked up the A-Wing. I also picked up Poe w/ Ski Speeder, which is my favorite version of him. Recently I picked up The Canto Bight Police ship. I think I'll just skip Solo w/ speeder, unless its a real bargin.

Reaction score
I got antsy about getting the figures as well, and ended up with Poe's speeder, Han's landspeeder, Canto Bight police speeder, and of course a Force Link 2.0 that I haven't even tried. Without the figures, the ships aren't worth nearly as much, and the cost of shipping them really eats into any profit one might make. Donating really seems like the easiest way to go!

I'm with you, DS, I prefer to own the Hot Wheels/Titanium/Black Series ships; they take up less space, are less expensive, and a lot of fun to collect.

Reaction score
Good points, everyone. I have mixed feelings about the inclusion of figures with these vehicles. I.e., if the figures weren't included the vehicles themselves would be less (maybe). But, on the flip side - if the figures weren't included, they would have to be included on a card - which could be tough to track down (and they may not even be made available on a card). I suspect the vehicles may be $5-$7 less if no figures were included.

That being said - re: the Canto Bight Police Speeder, I dig the vehicle & really appreciate/like the "security guard" figure that comes with this. And, I suspect that it may have been tough to track down if it had been available carded - especially since it's a "troop builder" of sorts.

That being said, the Hovertank is quite expensive @ $80 and still doesn't include a driver. Though, that was an unusual new vehicle because it was in a TVC box, and those toys (figures & vehicles) are always more expensive. Plus, as has been discussed, the lack of a Driver in this case was definitely because Hasbro wanted collectors/fans to buy the Drivers on the card.

Reaction score
While I'll always opt for the the figure over the vehicle, some of them wouldn't have come without it. Especially since they don't go too deep anymore. So we're stuck in a sense.

Reaction score
Finally got this HS Landspeeder vehicle - great toy! I like the simplistic - but also detailed - sculpt. It definitely looks like a Landspeeder that you would find in the pre-OT SW universe. It's got some minor "battle damage" as well - very cool.

IMHO the Han Solo figure this comes with is above average - for a 5 POA figure, that is. Good detail, and the vest is a separate piece - nice. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a holster where you can put the laser pistol - but, that's a minor nitpick, since some figures (even these days) still don't have holsters.

Reaction score
We all know that this toy is too big (for a change) so does anyone know if the Revell speeder scales better?

Reaction score
The Revell speeder is 1:28 scale, as opposed to Hasbro's 1:18 scale. I don't have Han's Speeder but I own the Imperial Patrol Speeder two-pack. The drivers obviously look way too small next to Hasbro figures, but the latter don't look too bad driving the 1:28 speeders. Given Han's semi-enclosed cockpit though, I doubt anything bar Salacious Crumb would fit.

Reaction score
The problem is the seating and features are scaled properly for 3.75" It's just that the body is too wide and too long. So, the seats are too far apart, the dashboard is too far away, the front area is too long/wide, etc.

Reaction score
Are these showing up at discount outlets yet? I know they went on clearance at some retailers, but there's surely more stock to unload, and I only want the figure.

Reaction score
Are these showing up at discount outlets yet? I know they went on clearance at some retailers, but there's surely more stock to unload, and I only want the figure.
I haven't seen any personally, and haven't heard of any showing up at places like Ross. It is on sale for $18 on Amazon currently. Thinking of grabbing one since I never picked it up, but would be a lot more interested if it was closer to $10.

Reaction score
The problem is the seating and features are scaled properly for 3.75" It's just that the body is too wide and too long. So, the seats are too far apart, the dashboard is too far away, the front area is too long/wide, etc.
I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind the size of Han's Landspeeder. I suspect they made it slightly bigger than what was seen in the film due to trying to add value (perceived or otherwise) to the sculpt. As was said, most of the SW Hasbro toy vehicles are severely underscaled vs. what was seen in the film. So, having this one slightly bigger than the movie is fine with me; it doesn't make up for the other underscaled vehicles, but IMHO is still a nice touch.