Han Solo

Reaction score
What's the deal with this old man solo fig? I need it bad baby. It hitting yet?
It's up for pre-order on Dorksidetoys. You can just order the single figure, no need to order the entire wave.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
What are the chances we get a SA TFA Han? I'd love to pass on all 5POA main characters from this point on.

Reaction score
What are the chances we get a SA TFA Han? I'd love to pass on all 5POA main characters from this point on.
well rumors are pointing to the fact that the SA might be all but done and that Hasbro cancelled the current Walmart Black Series after Wave 3. doesn't hold well. I'm still hoping that Hasbro will surprise us with an announcement that the Vintage Collection will be making a return in 2016 and featuring TFA characters.

Reaction score
I'll probably pick up the 5POA version to leave packaged (HIS HAIR IS NOT EVEN GRAY!), but I'm banking on an SA version!

Reaction score
I find it vexing that a main character that is prominent in all the trailers is not yet available weeks after the movie was released. There are no real surprises that Han is in the movie. Does the card reveal the big spoiler?!?

Reaction score
I find it vexing that a main character that is prominent in all the trailers is not yet available weeks after the movie was released. There are no real surprises that Han is in the movie. Does the card reveal the big spoiler?!?
Kenner didn't release a ROTJ Han Solo until 1984. For almost a year, kids had to use ANH Han or Bespin Han as a stand-in when re-enacting Return of the Jedi. This kind of thing happens all the time whenever there is a lot of secrecy involving a new movie release.

Reaction score
I don't see it as a big deal. He'll be here in mid to late January. I'd rather have the figures spread out like this. Makes me not notice the money spent as much.

Reaction score

Agreed. Everyone understood that Luke was a surprise (to the non-informed), but Han was certainly not so its weird that the toys don't feature him more heavily. That said, it's just a matter of patience. There will be tons of Hans soon.

Reaction score
Quite frankly I'm not going to buy the 5poa version. Far too static looking. I'll hold off until an SA version is released (if ever). I still wish Amazon or EE would release a multi figure set with all of the classic characters current iterations. Han, General Leia, Jedi Luke, red arm 3PO, dusty R2, and a new bandoliered Chewie.

Reaction score
This why the first wave of 4" BS stuff was so odd. Was it so hard to make a new bandolier for Chewie or paint the arm of the VC 3PO in red and use it? Endor Han, VOTC Vader, et al. needed to come back? If your throwing out rehashes make them somewhat desirable or relevant. We still have no idea what that "Chrome Series" is supposed to be, right? I was always thinking the old cast in SA form in Kenner cards for the low, low, price of $20 (or more)!

Reaction score

Agreed. Everyone understood that Luke was a surprise (to the non-informed), but Han was certainly not so its weird that the toys don't feature him more heavily. That said, it's just a matter of patience. There will be tons of Hans soon.

I'm thinking there won't be plenty. I've never seen plenty of Han's in general. Even the lousy ones move quick.

Reaction score
Quite frankly I'm not going to buy the 5poa version. Far too static looking. I'll hold off until an SA version is released (if ever). I still wish Amazon or EE would release a multi figure set with all of the classic characters current iterations. Han, General Leia, Jedi Luke, red arm 3PO, dusty R2, and a new bandoliered Chewie.

does Chewie have a new bandolier? I didn't notice that.

Reaction score
The Disney Store Deluxe Figurine Playset offers very nice figures of Han Solo and Leia. They fit nicely with Hasbro's figures. Only downside is no articulation but for my purposes they are good enough. The cloaked figure is my custom of Luke for the time being.

Reaction score

does Chewie have a new bandolier? I didn't notice that.
seems to be less cartridges for Force Awakens. If you compare the black series ANH Chewie with the FA version it is very evident. Maybe bowcaster rounds have become more compact and efficient over 30 years.

Reaction score
Still surprising that we have not seen more pictures of this figure yet. Are we expecting it in January or later in the year?

Reaction score
According to Dorkside, Feb is the expected arrival date while its Jan on BBTS.

Reaction score
Sculpted my own from a Black Series Carbon Freezing Han head which was abyssal anyway.

the weird eye is light reflecting from gloss I always put on eyeballs

Reaction score
I don't see it as a big deal. He'll be here in mid to late January. I'd rather have the figures spread out like this. Makes me not notice the money spent as much.
Han should have been in Wave 1. Would have been a real attention-grabber. And he was in the trailers and on the poster, there was no "surprise" to spoil.

Reaction score
Want some? There's at least 10 at each of the 3 Wal-Mart's near me.
That Endor SL wave didn't really break any sales records in my area either, but they eventually sold through just after Force Friday. I never bought them because I wanted to get Han, Luke and Leia all at once and only wanted all three if I could find them all with decent paint apps. Once Luke sold out, the chances of me buying any of them dwindled significantly.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this TFA Han figure and I just hope he's plentiful enough that I can pick and choose the one with the best paint apps.

Reaction score
Think I might still replace the head with a KOTCS Indy head. We'll see how it looks whne I get it in hand/

JVM

Reaction score
The paint apps look kind of simplistic, more so than usual, but the figure itself seems solid if it were a bit weathered. It's a must-buy for me. I'd buy older versions of the classic characters in a heartbeat, even if the film had been a universally panned box office bomb.

Reaction score
I'm definitely on board for Han and Luke and Leia for that matter. But boy oh boy, there is no mistaking that hair for grey. ;)

Reaction score
you will for sure regret that decision ... in 30 years everybody will try to get the rare first run "wrong color" brown hair edition!