Han Solo

GNT

Reaction score

Time to let the speculation begin on what may or may not be coming in the basic toyline, I'm pretty sure this one might be on the cards for a release :p

Who wants to see Han Solo from The Force Awakens made into a figure? What would you like to see? Removable coat?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will buy it whatever way they make it in can't wait. I hope it is one of the early releases.

Reaction score
I'll definitely be buying a 6" Black Series figure of Han for sure. Can't wait for it!

Reaction score
I like the new Han Luke. Really cool. I hope we get him in 3.75" SA. If not, well,Hasbro won't be seeing any of my Money.

Reaction score
If he's SA, and done right. I'll definitely buy him. But if he ends up looking like some other old dude, I'll pass. Already have a sub-par Indy figure for that! lol

Reaction score
If he's SA, and done right. I'll definitely buy him. But if he ends up looking like some other old dude, I'll pass. Already have a sub-par Indy figure for that! lol
Exactly. I'm in for basically all versions...as long as they're not 5POA.

Reaction score
I think everyone or some people have already made their custom old man Han Solo figure from various Indiana Jones Crystal Skull figures

Reaction score
I will get the 6 inch version if he comes with depends and removable dentures.

Reaction score
Looks more like Indiana Jones coat than Han Solo's but I'm in for old Han and Chewie.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Looks like dark brown leather. Of course he reportedly weats a long trenchcoat in this film too (like his Endor one in ROTJ), so we don't yet know if that is the coat he's wearing in the trailer or if this is a jacket. If it's a jacket, then it's definitely very Indiana Jones-ish in style. :)

Reaction score
SA on the TFA core cast, or Hasbro is just wasting its time.
Honestly they should release a 8 figure case pack of SA mains from the new movie (Han, Kylo, Ray, Luke, Phasma, Stormtrooper, Poe and Tie Pilot) on probably the vintage cards. Make those the SA line, charge more and do the rest in 5 poa. I don't think we need old Leia as SA. Or most of the other characters.

Reaction score
Honestly they should release a 8 figure case pack of SA mains from the new movie (Han, Kylo, Ray, Luke, Phasma, Stormtrooper, Poe and Tie Pilot) on probably the vintage cards. Make those the SA line, charge more and do the rest in 5 poa. I don't think we need old Leia as SA. Or most of the other characters.
*Ahem*... I think Finn is a pretty pivotal character in the movie too....

Reaction score
With Mission Series, it'd be $40 for 8 figures or $48 with the current Saga Legends pricing. That's a much more inviting entry level pricepoint than what we're currently seeing with the super-articulated lines.
Exactly. SA as the only option would kill the movie figures. New fans aren't going to drop that kind of money.

Reaction score
With Mission Series, it'd be $40 for 8 figures or $48 with the current Saga Legends pricing. That's a much more inviting entry level pricepoint than what we're currently seeing with the super-articulated lines.
Your assuming a $5-6 Price in the US. I'm think the 5 POA TFA line will have an MSRP US Price of $7.99 to start (normal figures just like they are now, with no added accessories). Outside the US, a much higher starting price.

Reaction score
Your assuming a $5-6 Price in the US. I'm think the 5 POA TFA line will have an MSRP US Price of $7.99 to start (normal figures just like they are now, with no added accessories). Outside the US, a much higher starting price.
Yeah, I'm kind of expecting a price hike across the board for TFA merchandise, but that's not a guarantee. Remember that prices actually went down in 2002 when Ep2 figures premiered, from $7 per figure to $5 per figure. Maybe Hasbro is considering something similar for TFA. Since they won't talk about their Fall 2015 plans, it's all speculation at this point.

Reaction score
Since the volume of figures will be much higher, a Price drop is actually possible. I guess it depends on how much the stores think they can make off These figures. Hasbro might have an MSRP like you mentioned, but the stores may try to go higher. They might do that with the Intention of having a number of sales later on anyway.

It would be nice to see some nice bigger accessories packed with the figures, but we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

Reaction score
After the most recent price increase on TBS, to $13. I seriously doubt they'll drop it just for the media tie-in. If anything, this is the "window" to raise SL price. Though at $7.99, I'll have even less incentive to buy them. $6 I can justify for a parts figure, that has a decent sculpt. But $8 is pushing it, for 5POA. IMO While some believe $13 is too much for TBS, I'm not outraged with it. It's a decent price for SA figures, as long as the paint apps and sculpt or good.

The reason i say this, is because I've always paid $1-2 more than everyone else(in the U.S.) anyways. In my area, I only had the local stores. Which charge higher prices for them. And if I couldn't find them here, I had to resort to ebay or online stores. Which again, charged more than retail. What truly makes it a tough swallow for the price now, is the constant rehashes. If they were new figures, or updates of figure's from Vintage or POTF. Than it wouldn't be so bad. But no, we have to endure updates of figures from two or three years ago... Who wants to pay $13 for a figure, that they just bought for $10 two seasons ago? :rolleyes:

While some argue in favor, that 6" and 5POA are just the freshness the line needs. I can't help feel, that it leaves a large collecting base out in the cold.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kind of expecting a price hike across the board for TFA merchandise, but that's not a guarantee. Remember that prices actually went down in 2002 when Ep2 figures premiered, from $7 per figure to $5 per figure. Maybe Hasbro is considering something similar for TFA. Since they won't talk about their Fall 2015 plans, it's all speculation at this point.
Well, we did have the leaked target dcpi list that had basic figures listed at $7.99...

Reaction score
Pic of Han is up on jeditemplearchives :) He needs a hair repaint. Like the 6" figure his hair doesn't have any gray in it.