Han Solo W/Force Link 2.0 Starter Pack

Reaction score
So does that mean this new force link will be the one to have?
Perhaps. Depends on if it has the sounds and phrases from TLJ and its memory capacity. The product description says "more than 30 compatible star wars toys." I'm curious of the lifespan this feature will have without a movie to push it for 18 months after Solo.

Reaction score
Perhaps. Depends on if it has the sounds and phrases from TLJ and its memory capacity. The product description says "more than 30 compatible star wars toys." I'm curious of the lifespan this feature will have without a movie to push it for 18 months after Solo.
Considering they can't even get it work for any but 1 of the new figures right now I certainly have my doubts. And the app is just a mess. I certainly can't trust it to track my figures when it says I already have all 66 TLJ ones including the EE exclusives from next month. (I use an excel spreadsheet anyways, but still)

The idea of it being upgradeable and not being licked to a certain set of figures is nice but the execution is sorely lacking.

Reaction score
Bought 1 of these today, even though I need to start pulling in the reins on my spending, but I think it was the best looking of the 3 Han figures so far.

Reaction score
What's the deal with these now? I'm not interested in the Han figure; Do these work yet? I just want to hear what my freaking Hoth Luke and Wampa say!

Reaction score
What's the deal with these now? I'm not interested in the Han figure; Do these work yet? I just want to hear what my freaking Hoth Luke and Wampa say!
I think the patch or whatever to fix it is scheduled for May 1st.

Reaction score
Lol, I'm the opposite, I want the Han fig but really couldn't care less about the reader.

Reaction score
Me and my mom, and my brother Downloaded the Force Link 2.0 APP last night and we can't get the Force Link 2.0 starter set to scan any figures but the Han figure it came with. Me and my family have tried 3 or 4 times to get it to read the figures and it won't do it.

Anybody have any luck at all???

If you have any luck please let me know!!!

Than you very much!!!

God Bless You!!!

Reaction score
Yeah, I just downloaded the app too... but I don't think it's finished. I can't get it to do much of anything, let alone update my reader.

Reaction score
IDK what they were thinking, but my local Kmart is sitting on about 20 of these! So considering the foot traffic this store gets, the might be there a while. I smell another round of clearance.

Reaction score
If anybody's interested in getting rid of Han, please shoot me a PM. I have no interest in the reader.

Reaction score
How could they release it and it doesn’t work?! What the delay you have a bunch of new figures out and you can’t use this thing, what a joke.

They couldnt give away the first set this set will rot on the pegs as well for that price

Reaction score
I’m so disappointed that this doesn’t work. I was looking forward to getting the 2.0 version. Now, even at clearance prices, I can’t imagine spending the hours to get it to work like some have.

Reaction score
The App is updated! You can update your readers now! Mine's in progress... it takes a LONG time, make sure you have fresh batteries in your reader

Reaction score
Okay... it takes five updates to complete. Don't wander too far away, because you have to click 'continue' on the app between each one, and tap your reader to connect. The first 3 are loooooong, the last 2 pretty quick. I don't have all the new figs, but it now works with my Solo Chewie and Mimbian trooper. It work with the Hoth Luke (tho most of his lines are from Dagobah)... but my Wampa still says FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED... boo!

Reaction score
Scratch that... ALL Hoth Luke's lines are from Dagobah. I wonder if there's a Dagobah Luke coming and the chips got switched

Reaction score
I'm struggling to understand why people are so invested in getting this thing to work. I thought it was a hunk of plastic sold in the same box as an overpriced 5POA Han Solo...

Reaction score
I'm struggling to understand why people are so invested in getting this thing to work. I thought it was a hunk of plastic sold in the same box as an overpriced 5POA Han Solo...
...probably because it was overpriced.

Reaction score
Okay... it takes five updates to complete. Don't wander too far away, because you have to click 'continue' on the app between each one, and tap your reader to connect. The first 3 are loooooong, the last 2 pretty quick. I don't have all the new figs, but it now works with my Solo Chewie and Mimbian trooper. It work with the Hoth Luke (tho most of his lines are from Dagobah)... but my Wampa still says FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED... boo!
Were you using a apple I Phone or a Android. I've been having problems getting it to download.

Thank you very much!!

God Bless you!!

Reaction score
I can't get past "waiting for tap". I've tapped it every possible place for like 5 minutes.

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I would welcome any tips on the two taps that have worked for others...

Reaction score
Finally got mine to work by setting it down flat on a table right next to my phone then knocking on the center of it twice like I would on a door. It then took 2 hours to update. Figures all seem to work though (I don't have the Wampa yet, so I don't know about it)

Reaction score
Were you using a apple I Phone or a Android. I've been having problems getting it to download.

Thank you very much!!

God Bless you!!
I used an iPad for the app/update. I set the reader face down next to it, and tapped two times to get it started.

Reaction score
Finally got mine to work by setting it down flat on a table right next to my phone then knocking on the center of it twice like I would on a door. It then took 2 hours to update. Figures all seem to work though (I don't have the Wampa yet, so I don't know about it)
The 'door knocking' technique worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice. The software is now updated but I can't get the figures to make any sound. Is there a trick for that as well?

Reaction score
The 'door knocking' technique worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice. The software is now updated but I can't get the figures to make any sound. Is there a trick for that as well?
I find what works the best for me is to tap the top part to the front of the figure. Make sure the lights are on the thing too (tap the top) as it likes to turn off a lot.

Reaction score
Downloaded the App over the weekend and did the long install (Took about an hour for me). The stupid knocking was very inconsistent and usually took 10-20 tries each time. The good news is all the figures I have work except the Wampa as someone pointed out above.

Reaction score
I think at this point I'm going to pass on this and get the VC Han. I don't quite understand why this needed a 2.0 update after only 9 months, except as a cash grab.

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't get the first one so I was kind of considering getting this one, even though I don't have too many Forcelink figures, but if you have to go through all this to get it to work I think I'll pass as well.

Reaction score
I saw these at Walmart with 11.00 clearance stickers on them. But they scanned for retail price - the error occured because they were mixed in with clearance Version 1.0 sets and the employee went sticker crazy. One could argue them to honor the sticker, but why bother? These things are junk that dont work properly. One of Hasbro's dumbest moves ever - releasing a toy that expensive and it isnt even ready to work right out of the box? Its just going to turn kids off SW even more. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
I saw these at Walmart with 11.00 clearance stickers on them. But they scanned for retail price - the error occured because they were mixed in with clearance Version 1.0 sets and the employee went sticker crazy. One could argue them to honor the sticker, but why bother? These things are junk that dont work properly. One of Hasbro's dumbest moves ever - releasing a toy that expensive and it isnt even ready to work right out of the box? Its just going to turn kids off SW even more. Just my opinion.
I agree.. this was a bonehead move on Hasbro's part. I would have rather they invested the money on either more accessories, or more articulation. I kinda wish they would have treated the SW line similar to the 25th line of G.I. Joe and the lines that followed... great figures, lots of accessories etc... at least we are getting the vintage line back.

Reaction score
They are down to $5 now at Wally World, so I got one...it's "okay", I guess since I had a couple of the ships (the Kylo TIE is nice) and about a half a dozen of the red series Force Link figures. But the green 2.0 version doesn't seem to be compatible with the original red series versions. That's pretty lame, considering all the problems everyone is having upgrading the app. You would the 2.0 version would work with the original (red 1.0) Force Link toys as well...

Reaction score
I'm confused. Wasn't the Force Link 2.0 advertised as working with Force Link 1.0 figures? Do you really need to buy both units?

Reaction score
That's what I read. The 1st version won't work with the 2nd version, but I only bought it for the Han exclusive figure inside so I don't really care. I picked out the mintiest box since the majority of these boxes were damaged already at several locations. I could've waited for clearance pricing which is inevitable, but by then all the boxes would be crap, and I'm a carded / MIB collector.
I'm confused. Wasn't the Force Link 2.0 advertised as working with Force Link 1.0 figures? Do you really need to buy both units?

Reaction score
I only bought this set for the Han Solo figure...it's kind of a crime that it's one of the best Han Solo figures we've had since the older Mission Series and Saga Legends figures when they first went 5POA and it's not even Harrison Ford. Say what you want about those but that Hoth Han figure is still astounding to me how many different color molded pieces they put on that and this one is amazing in that same way.

The hair on this version is a separate color molded piece from the skin tone face, so is the neck, and the hands, belt, holster, boots, shirt. Great proportions, wrist articulation...they really needed to have the Harrison Ford figures of Han look THIS GOOD. Hopefully Hasbro will learn from this and apply this level of design to the OT Han Solo from now on.

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a luddite, as far as smartphones are concerned: I spend all my waking hours at a computer, either at a PC at work, or near my laptop at home. I spend maybe 30 minutes a day away from these, and I don't see the need for an expensive smartphone to cover those short intervals, when I'm probably walking, anyway. I might drop, lose or break it, in any event.

The handy leaflet that comes with the ForceLink set says 'Ask a parent': I'm 48 and my parents are both around 80.

My question is: Is there a URL from which I can download the software from this device to my laptop and install it to the reader, maybe via WiFi? A Google search on Hasbro hasn't exactly proved helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Do you have an Ipad or Android Tablet? I did the update through my Ipad because the program was too big to fit on my phone. Unfortunately I can't ask my parents as they both passed many years ago ;).

I've noticed the App has updated a couple times in the last week. Has anyone noticed if they fixed the Wampa with these?