Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise (Target)

Reaction score
Does anybody know if that helmet is just a head swap or removable? Just wondering why there's no promo pics of it on.
If it's a hard plastic solid helmet, it might explain why it looks such a good sculpt.
The head (and hair) looks a bit large for a helmet to go over it.

Is this and the VC140 helmet based on the previous Rogue One 5POA?

Reaction score
I prefer the Legacy version. For me another version is not essential
Yeah not only do I have him in the legacy version and the matching Luke, but I have about a half dozen pairs of them!

I think they came with B.A.D part of a droid I was army building ( orange R5 I think?).. but I was alo building an army of Stormtroopers at the time and that sculpt ( Legacy) matched the Stormtroopers/ Sandtroopers and even the ANH Spacetrooper from that time frame. So I just leave the helmet on the Han and Lukes and use them as regular Stormtroopers.

That being said I may do that again with these as they may have some added articulation, I could swap an ANH Luke head onto one and they may match the Mimban or new TVC Stormtrooper coming out in which case more more more Stormtroopers!

Reaction score
Let's hope they don't put Luke's (TK-421) belt on this one like they did with the Legacy Han.

Reaction score
Yeah not only do I have him in the legacy version and the matching Luke, but I have about a half dozen pairs of them!

I think they came with B.A.D part of a droid I was army building ( orange R5 I think?).. but I was alo building an army of Stormtroopers at the time and that sculpt ( Legacy) matched the Stormtroopers/ Sandtroopers and even the ANH Spacetrooper from that time frame. So I just leave the helmet on the Han and Lukes and use them as regular Stormtroopers.

That being said I may do that again with these as they may have some added articulation, I could swap an ANH Luke head onto one and they may match the Mimban or new TVC Stormtrooper coming out in which case more more more Stormtroopers!
From what Hasbro's Steve Evans said at NYCC the Stormtrooper Han has a new head with photo real face, a new helmet and a new upper torso. Otherwise it's pretty much the Legacy Han aside from those changes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what Hasbro's Steve Evans said at NYCC the Stormtrooper Han has a new head with photo real face, a new helmet and a new upper torso. Otherwise it's pretty much the Legacy Han aside from those changes.
These legs weren’t on the legacy version. These are the sandtrooper legs.

So, it’s the exact figure as the legacy Han...except for the parts that make up the figure....

Reaction score
Nah, the older articulation style from the VOTC days is better.

I vastly prefer the older articulation without the split torso. Waist articulation is much better and I don't really care for the "diaper" look that results from the modern leg sculpting.

That said, the old VOTC Han desperately needs a new head. So far, Hasbro has NEVER given us a decent Han head....
I thought the VOTC Stormtrooper was the first one to have the split torso (?)
The split torso doesn't work well on all figures but I think it suits the Stormy, as that's where most of the movement is.

Those ball-hip joints would benefit from the new extra thigh articulation though.

Reaction score
I have 3 or so of the bj hip Stormie, I forget which release it is but it is after the Legacy. It is hard to make them pose all exactly the same because there is so much variance in how the hips can be positioned.

Reaction score
I may have missed it, but has Hasbro announced what store is the home for this exclusive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's right in the title of this thread - Target. :sneaky:
Interestingly at the MCM London Comic Con panel Hasbro said Stormtrooper Han is a "shared retail exclusive" like the 41st Elite Corps Clone and Gamorrean Guard. It's possible plans might have changed for Han or Hasbro got it wrong but I think it's more likely the former.

Reaction score
W/in the USA, it's a Target excl. Outside the USA, ecxl to elsewhere.

Reaction score
Interestingly at the MCM London Comic Con panel Hasbro said Stormtrooper Han is a "shared retail exclusive" like the 41st Elite Corps Clone and Gamorrean Guard. It's possible plans might have changed for Han or Hasbro got it wrong but I think it's more likely the former.
That's what makes no sense though, "shared retail exclusive". How is it any different than other figures released at retail, but yet still available on sites like HTS, EE and BBTS etc. Do they mean Target is the only B&M store to carry it, wile it will also be online? Or is it shared between Target and only one other online site?

Not that I care about this figure, but what about the others? Is this truly the only way to get certain figures out now, with TRU gone? As Exclusives? Seems we're right back at the old Walmart problems then. If this line cannot survive without certain figures being Exclusives anyways, why is it such a difficult task to simply make it an HTS Exclusive and only release new figure?! :hmm:

Reaction score
I already have the Legacy Collection Han in stormtrooper disguise so Ill pass on the re release Target "exclusive"

Reaction score
This figure isn’t a re-release of the legacy Han Solo stormtrooper. New head, new upper body and the lower body from the Sandtrooper mold. So zero shared parts with the legacy version.

Ill be getting two. I want an extra of that head.

Reaction score
yep, once it hits the bargain bin. Need this head for several Han Solo figures, even that newest figure released for the self titled Movie!

Reaction score
To Maverick,

yes technically it is a re release pretty much of Han in disguise.

I and other people already have the Legacy Collection Han in stormtrooper disguise anyway which is still a fine looking figure.

Reaction score
To Maverick,

yes technically it is a re release pretty much of Han in disguise.

I and other people already have the Legacy Collection Han in stormtrooper disguise anyway which is still a fine looking figure.
......Except for the new head, new torso, ball hinged legs (originating with the Red Legacy Dewback pack), and new helmet. The only thing this figure has in common with Legacy ST Han is the arms.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want a wobbly wonky Han in disguise figure with ball jointed hips then YOU go right ahead and buy it when it comes out in stores.

Im not since I still have the Legacy Collection Han in disguise figure

Reaction score
TBH, Luke in Stormtrooper disguise was more important. Why you ask? Because of the character specific non shareable sculpt. Han can literally use any Stormtrooper sculpt ever made, and not have a noticeable height difference. Luke cannot.

Which is why I already have Han, and not Luke. That's where the true disconnect is with Hasbro and reality of what we really need.

Reaction score
You sure about that? I think the Legacy Collection Luke in trooper disguise is a little smaller than Han I think. I still have those two figures so Ill check myself in a minute or whatever

Reaction score
Anyway, does anyone actually really need another Han in stormtrooper disguise? Everyone else already has one since Legacy Collection anyway

Reaction score
If you want a wobbly wonky Han in disguise figure with ball jointed hips then YOU go right ahead and buy it when it comes out in stores.

Im not since I still have the Legacy Collection Han in disguise figure
Well maybe I WILL. And I may display it. And talk about it too. So there!

Reaction score
The real point here is just more troopers

Hasbro's mold milking aside, a Luke IS shorter and doesn't really get you that

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have we confirmed that the arms are shared from the legacy mold? I can’t tell in the pics. I’m hoping they are the arms from the upcoming RO stormtrooper and the scariff Trooper mold. The old elbows were awful!

You know, I was interested in this figure but I have a potf2 Han stormtrooper and this is just a repack of that figure right? I mean it’s just Han Stormtrooper again... ;)

Reaction score
Is this still a Fruit Loops exclusive????

cant wait to see the CARD! Hope they bring out Trash Can Luke next!!

Reaction score
Anyway, does anyone actually really need another Han in stormtrooper disguise? Everyone else already has one since Legacy Collection anyway
Need? No. Want? Yes. Especially if it's an upgrade like this is. The fact that it's a new version of the character is irrelevant. If we had your mentality, the line may as well have died in 95.

Reaction score
Look, Im saying that the Legacy Collection Han and Luke in disguise figures are just fine and they still are. Dont need any more "newer" in disguise figures these days.

Im fine with the Legacy Collection figures that I have. Im not gonna go waste money on so called "newer" figures

Reaction score
Other people here that also have the Legacy Collection figures, do you really need another Han or Luke in disguise figure?

One is enough from the Legacy Collerction series anyway

Reaction score
I sold my legacy versions of Han and Luke. They were overvalued and they sucked. I’ve hated the huge knobby elbows on the SA Stormtrooper mold. I was making a custom using the RO mold but that’ll be scrapped. I’m really hoping this guy has the smaller RO SA Stormtrooper arms.

Im so thankful for the opportunity to purchase an upgrade for a figure that I’ve always found lacking.

Now if only they would get around to upgrading/fixing ANH Leia, Farmboy Luke, Bespin Lando, Dagobah Luke, Stormtrooper Luke, Bespin Han, Bespin Escape Leia, C-3PO....

Reaction score
Look, Im saying that the Legacy Collection Han and Luke in disguise figures are just fine and they still are. Dont need any more "newer" in disguise figures these days.

Im fine with the Legacy Collection figures that I have. Im not gonna go waste money on so called "newer" figures
Well...bully for you, I guess? Glad you're happy with them. I'm not. A lot of other people aren't. Get over it.

Reaction score
I dont have any modern Han Solos in disguise, so this is great news for me, to be in TVC packaging, shoot, I like it am a buyer!

Reaction score
There's a difference?
Luke's (TK-421) conveniently had the grappling hook and comlink, but no thermal detonator. Han's was standard (until the trash compactor and after, when he has no thermal detonator).
The Legacy belts should have been swapped between the two figures.

Reaction score
Other people here that also have the Legacy Collection figures, do you really need another Han or Luke in disguise figure?

One is enough from the Legacy Collerction series anyway

I'm looking forward to it.

I can buy a few of these and put the nice Rogue One helmet on it that it comes with and have more nice troops, and use the Han heads to upgrade some older Han figures.

Win-Win.