Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise (Target)

Reaction score
I've seen probably a good 50 of these in stores now, and almost all of them have absolutely HORRIBLE paint allignment on the helmet. Especially around the frown. Originally I was gonna army build these before the regular Trooper launched, but that really stopped me. Even now with the deep discount on him I'm hesitant to do so

Luckily, all the ones I picked up had decent frowns, more or less, but the eyes on the helmet were wonky on all of them. Fortunately it was an easy fix for me. After that small tweak, it really is the best stormtrooper helmet to date.

Reaction score
I don't see how you pass up a solid Vintage Collection figure at $3.80, it's the best Han sculpt to date - forget about the helmet!
That's the only reason I decided that I wanted this release, from all the photos and comments about the likeness. At $4 a pop I could have gotten enough to replace the head on all my Han figures.
But I guess it's better that these all get sold to people looking to make a buck off of them because they're always in by opening bell.

Reaction score
A few minutes ago Target.com let me place a ship to store order of one Han. It said only one was available and there was no ship to home option.

Reaction score
They're finally showing as no longer available on Target's website.

Funny story about how terribly this whole exclusive was handled - I only ever saw one in stores and I bought that to open since the card was severely bent. I was worried I might not be able to find a decent one after they were clearanced out, but was relieved when I saw that they were periodically showing up on the website - even if they were full price. So I ordered four, intending to keep only the best one and return the other three.

I returned the ones I didn't want at my local store and the next morning I was curious if the store had put them on the shelves or shipped them back. When I checked the stock levels at the store it showed they had two on hand so I hurried over there after they opened and found two of the three I'd returned hanging on a clearance peg with no price and when scanned came up "item not found". When I checked out they didn't come up on the register either so a manager checked and saw that they were salvage and sold them to me for a $1 a piece! o-o

Now I see that DS & BBTS have them for Sept. preorder at $2 and $3 dollars higher than Target's original full price. :rolleyes: I know a couple had already been found a couple weeks ago at a local discount store so I don't think I'll be surprised to see these also show up at Ross or similar stores by Christmas.

Reaction score
That’s almost actually unbelievable. That’s the kind of thing that can make a nice loyal collector get a little annoyed.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I found a few when the Father’s Day thing ended. They had one one the pegs I took it up to check out. Came up as item not found. Sold it to me for the 12.99 price. I never have good luck with stuff like this. I tried to tell the lady I know it was discontinued but policy was since it was salvage they had to sale it at regular price.

They're finally showing as no longer available on Target's website.

Funny story about how terribly this whole exclusive was handled - I only ever saw one in stores and I bought that to open since the card was severely bent. I was worried I might not be able to find a decent one after they were clearanced out, but was relieved when I saw that they were periodically showing up on the website - even if they were full price. So I ordered four, intending to keep only the best one and return the other three.

I returned the ones I didn't want at my local store and the next morning I was curious if the store had put them on the shelves or shipped them back. When I checked the stock levels at the store it showed they had two on hand so I hurried over there after they opened and found two of the three I'd returned hanging on a clearance peg with no price and when scanned came up "item not found". When I checked out they didn't come up on the register either so a manager checked and saw that they were salvage and sold them to me for a $1 a piece! o-o

Now I see that DS & BBTS have them for Sept. preorder at $2 and $3 dollars higher than Target's original full price. :rolleyes: I know a couple had already been found a couple weeks ago at a local discount store so I don't think I'll be surprised to see these also show up at Ross or similar stores by Christmas.

Reaction score
Yes, I was a bit annoyed, lol. So, now I need to decide what to do with the extra 2. :\

Impressive they were still available at all at your store. The day they hit $3.89 I managed to pick up the last two from my store. It sort of almost makes up for buying the first two on the day of release at $12.99.

Reaction score
Impressive they were still available at all at your store. The day they hit $3.89 I managed to pick up the last two from my store. It sort of almost makes up for buying the first two on the day of release at $12.99.
If you read back several posts, I mentioned these were 2 of the 3 I had returned to the store the previous day from my Target.com order. When I saw online that the in-stock quantity had jumped at that store, I hurried over there first thing to get them. Didn't know how much they'd be 'til I checked out though. Could have easily been full price.

Reaction score
Already had one but picked up 3 more last week at half price! Going to keep at least one carded...question is do I just use the other two as army builder stormies instead of grabbing more rogue 1 troopers. Or keep them all carded

Reaction score
Already had one but picked up 3 more last week at half price! Going to keep at least one carded...question is do I just use the other two as army builder stormies instead of grabbing more rogue 1 troopers. Or keep them all carded
It's so strange that these still seem to turn up in stores. Half price is still a good deal. I'd pick up a couple more if I ever came across them again.

Reaction score
Found a couple of these today at Dirt Cheap, a discount/salvage chain. $8 each after discount. Glad to have found them, as I never saw them at Target. The cardbacks are beat to heck so they are openers.

I really like the likeness of Han on these. Not a fan of that cardback, though.

Reaction score
I never saw this at any of my 3 Targets. But all decent SW figs are always gone. Now that I think about it, I can't remembering buying a TVC from Target since 2016! And I always check the SW/Marvel aisles.
I picked this up at Dorkside on TFF. I did see it on Target's online store when it was still new, but just wasn't spending SW money at the time. However, if I saw him in person, the temptation increases.

Reaction score
I find it funny that I got more of these from TungHori than Target. I only ever saw one or two in-store.

Reaction score
That looks like a Salvation Army type store. it will be interesting to see what store Hasbro dumped them to.

Reaction score
^This is true, I only found out about this store through the local sightings thread on TFW2005 - they have last year's Predaking set for around $90 if you can find it. They've had the TVC TIE Fighters from WM for a while and I saw TFA leftovers on Saturday. The Han Stormtroopers were surprising though.

Reaction score
That picture made me salivate. I'm drooling on my keyboard. I need to walk away.

Reaction score
IKR? My first though was oh, the horror!
I never saw this figure at any target i went to, then all of a sudden a week later it was supposedly on clearance and sold out...

Then I saw reports of stragglers in the outer rim, and now this. lol

Reaction score
I never find these amazing deals, but this was one i managed to find. think i paid around 3 dollars each for these. I was taking inventory of my TVC figures, I ended up with 11 of these.
I bought a few extra for a friend, turns out he was also buying them so he didn't need any. I didn't buy them all at once either, I was going back every other day or so, grabbing one or two for a couple of weeks. They were hidden away in the men's department behind a sign.

Reaction score
I wish I had grabbed a second one of these when they were clogging the pegs at TRU (and were discounted for some reason). I finally opened my Jabba's Palace set and wish I had a nice head to pop onto the Carbonite Han.