Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise (Target)

Reaction score
Han is down to $3.89 and Luke is $5.99

Must be due to the line resetting, and perhaps they have a new code on file for next year? Seems too damn soon to clearance this stuff out, yet they let Rey and Jyn pegwarm for two years...

At that price I wouldn't mind picking one or two up, so hopefully they aren't flying off the pegs before In can get to a Target.

Reaction score
Must be due to the line resetting, and perhaps they have a new code on file for next year? Seems too damn soon to clearance this stuff out, yet they let Rey and Jyn pegwarm for two years...

At that price I wouldn't mind picking one or two up, so hopefully they aren't flying off the pegs before In can get to a Target.
I've seen a lot of people posting reasons about the markdown, so here is what I have read about the situation so far.

The Han, Luke and Retro figures were all brought in as promo items for the Father's Day setup. They are considered Men's department items, even though they all have "Toy" DPCI numbers. But they have no assigned location in the toy department, and with Father's Day over, they are being marked down in the same manner as Christmas or Halloween products are. A few employees are speculating there was an error, but this is truly the only reason for the quick markdown. It has nothing to do with poor sales or anything else.

This is a quote from someone on Facebook-

“Holiday” themed items are PLU clearance vs the normal scanned and ticketed clearance. PLU is for stuff like Xmas, Halloween, Valentines, etc, so the team members don’t have to keep scanning and reticketing. The markdowns happen in the system automatically over days vs weeks. Since these were part of the Father’s Day set, they’re getting the rapid fire PLU markdowns. End Quote

Not 100% sure about the game, but that does appear to be an actual "toy" item, and will be worked into the game section, if not already done.

On another note, I was able to take part in the markdown, and got two more Han Stormtroopers. Also grabbed a couple more Luke figures, because for that price, why not?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took my Han/Luke receipts to Target twice.
First for an initial mark down from the $19.99 and $12.99 to the $9.99 and $6.49, then down to the current $5.99 and $3.89 prices.
Got refunded both times...however seems stock is clearing fast at this price.
Did manage to snag 2 TVC Hans and 1 BS Luke, and looking out for more before the 6/21 clearance ends...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got in on this markdown yesterday for the Han & Luke. I tried getting a price adjustment for the stuff I bought the day before, but they wouldn't do it. Guy was a total tool about it.

Reaction score
Grabbed another 4 for a grand total of 11 now. there were still 6 on the pegs when i left. Hard to pass up at 3.89. I'll keep couple for carded collection, open one or two, giving one to my cousin, maybe sell the others down the road.

my guess is these are sticking around because no one realized they're in the mens department, on the back side of a display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m up to 14 and 2 that I picked up for another collector. I keep saying I’m done, yet stumble across more and they are in my collection...

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've been on vacation the last two weeks far away from any Targets. Would have loved to pick up a small squad at these prices.

Reaction score
Super glad someone decided to wipe out two full cases of these from my local Target when they were still full price.

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there - Would be more than happy to buy any clearance Hans still in the wild. They’re long gone around here.

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people posting reasons about the markdown, so here is what I have read about the situation so far.

The Han, Luke and Retro figures were all brought in as promo items for the Father's Day setup. They are considered Men's department items, even though they all have "Toy" DPCI numbers. But they have no assigned location in the toy department, and with Father's Day over, they are being marked down in the same manner as Christmas or Halloween products are. A few employees are speculating there was an error, but this is truly the only reason for the quick markdown. It has nothing to do with poor sales or anything else.

“Holiday” themed items are PLU clearance vs the normal scanned and ticketed clearance. PLU is for stuff like Xmas, Halloween, Valentines, etc, so the team members don’t have to keep scanning and reticketing. The markdowns happen in the system automatically over days vs weeks. Since these were part of the Father’s Day set, they’re getting the rapid fire PLU markdowns. End Quote

Not 100% sure about the game, but that does appear to be an actual "toy" item, and will be worked into the game section, if not already done.

On another note, I was able to take part in the markdown, and got two more Han Stormtroopers. Also grabbed a couple more Luke figures, because for that price, why not?
I think this is true. A friend of mine just got 5 sets fresh off the truck today here in NY. Another guy on here picked up 16 yea 16 cases today.

Reaction score
My advice is to check all are Targets you have. Some of mine were cleaned out, but others still had stock.
I have been checking five different stores as those are all the Targets I know of on Long Island. Have yet to see a single new 3.75 figure.

Reaction score
I have seen a few Han stormers at a few of ours.
Amazing there are still any left - None of them made it past the initial markdown around here. If you're able to grab some for me, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you for your time and trouble.

ETA - Being from your neck of the woods, I kept entering my native ZIP in Brickseek during the great TVC TIE fighter clearance out of morbid curiosity. Multiple stores around B'ham with 20+ TIES at $19... I was on the verge of tears. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Walmart in Decatur had about 14 of the TIE and at 19 bucks.

Amazing there are still any left - None of them made it past the initial markdown around here. If you're able to grab some for me, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you for your time and trouble.

ETA - Being from your neck of the woods, I kept entering my native ZIP in Brickseek during the great TVC TIE fighter clearance out of morbid curiosity. Multiple stores around B'ham with 20+ TIES at $19... I was on the verge of tears. :grin:

Reaction score
I know a lot of people aren’t crazy about this head sculpt but it works!

Reaction score
Hmm, it does look a bit anime or something - thats from the Titanium figure, no wonder its hard to place, as I doubt many bought that line, myself included. I think the upcoming likeness in the SDCC Luke 3-pack will probably be the best, as they made an effort to get the face and hair correct for all three figures. Using the Han Stormtrooper is a cheap way to customize though, if you can find them on clearance.

Reaction score
I just hate those Luke's legs more than anything. They are totally disproportionate to the body upper, which is fine. I hope we get a proper ANH Luke soon...

Reaction score
for some reason i like the look of that head sculpt, it's not a dead-ringer for Luke, it's seems more like it's an animated style luke figure. What's that head from?
Yes,I do too. Some have better paint apps than others. These heads also fit perfectly on these bodies without any modifications. It’s the Black Series Titanium Luke head.

Reaction score

So essentially a Hasbro Blunder strikes again, or is it a Target blunder? Because I gotta say that it seems rather ridiculous for them to make this figure an Exclusive, then to only have it available for about two weeks? How does the line even have a hope of lasting with these types of one and done scenarios?

Reaction score
So, this Target “exclusive” was really a Target “Father’s Day exclusive.” That is so bizarre. Why does Hasbro continue to fail to get their purchasable products available to purchasers? It happens over and over and over again.

Reaction score
So, this Target “exclusive” was really a Target “Father’s Day exclusive.” That is so bizarre. Why does Hasbro continue to fail to get their purchasable products available to purchasers? It happens over and over and over again.
That promotion must have slipped by Kathleen Kennedy :whistling:

Reaction score
So essentially a Hasbro Blunder strikes again, or is it a Target blunder? Because I gotta say that it seems rather ridiculous for them to make this figure an Exclusive, then to only have it available for about two weeks? How does the line even have a hope of lasting with these types of one and done scenarios?
It’s a Target Exclusive, they bought them from Hasbro, they can do whatever they want with their Exclusives.

Reaction score

I'd say this is definitely a Target issue. They gave the figures "Toy" DPCI numbers, but failed to attach an update to move them into the Star Wars section of toys after the promo. So they just got clearanced right out of the system. Even a few of the employees are saying it was probably a mistake. The game has been moved into toys, so it's pretty strange that these didn't. Especially where they currently have the Solo Chewbacca and Moloch still sitting on shelves.

Reaction score
Because you expect to see an exclusive product in the stores it’s exclusive to. If Target wants to use it in a two-week window, that’s on them. But regardless of retail policy, it’s bizarre that Hasbro keeps making stuff that their customers can’t ever find. You’d think they’d care at least a little about what happens to these figures once they’re manufactured.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I keep saying Hasbro needs to work out exclusive deals like Lego and have the right to at least sell everything on Pulse regardless of exclusivity with a particular store.

Reaction score
I've seen probably a good 50 of these in stores now, and almost all of them have absolutely HORRIBLE paint allignment on the helmet. Especially around the frown. Originally I was gonna army build these before the regular Trooper launched, but that really stopped me. Even now with the deep discount on him I'm hesitant to do so

Reaction score
I've seen probably a good 50 of these in stores now, and almost all of them have absolutely HORRIBLE paint allignment on the helmet. Especially around the frown. Originally I was gonna army build these before the regular Trooper launched, but that really stopped me. Even now with the deep discount on him I'm hesitant to do so
I don't see how you pass up a solid Vintage Collection figure at $3.80, it's the best Han sculpt to date - forget about the helmet!

Reaction score
Hmm...I've got 5 of them now and none of them had any paint issues. I did get one that didn't have the butt of the E-11 painted silver like the others though.

Reaction score
Hmm...I've got 5 of them now and none of them had any paint issues. I did get one that didn't have the butt of the E-11 painted silver like the others though.
Ooh VARIANT! But seriously, I think it's funny how something so tiny like that can end up more valuable over time. I still have a DSII Luke without the lightsaber peg hole for who knows what. It's the only time I ever kept something carded outside of Yak-Face, but I highly doubt it'll earn me any extra coin lol

Reaction score
My Targets had what seemed like endless supplies of Storm Hans and Black Series Trash Compactor Lukes. Since Father's Day weekend those pools have dried up. None of the SW pegs are ever full, but now they're emptier than Vader's heart

Reaction score
That to me has always been the painful part of the end of the "Golden Age of Collecting". Its not that customer's lost interest in figures, it that pegwarms were left to rot on the pegs preventing future sales.

My Target and WM are now both down to only two pegs for TVC figures. It used to be about 9 pegs or in the case of TRU 18 pegs for SW figures. Even throughout the 'drought' and continuing to today, when new figures hit the pegs, they are scooped up quickly revealing the appetite for them by consumers. Instead of continuing to feed us more and more figures and enjoy nice profit, instead the seek to drain the last penny out of 4yr old Ray or Snoke by keeping them on the pegs long past their expiration date.

Reaction score
Exactly! I'd rather see Target and Walmart do away with the empty pegs and just keep two full pegs of the same Rey and Snokes they've had for the last several years. I don't even enjoy going down the toy aisle in Target anymore. Empty pegs to me used to represent a restock coming soon. Now they just make me sad for a time long gone to the 1990s. I get more excited going over to the Electronic section and seeing the two pegs of NECA figures that may only be two pegs worth, but they're full and give me the impression that there is some life there. Hell, I don't even like Funko Pops, but at least I feel that section next to NECA's has more life directed towards collectors than the toy aisle. The SW toy aisle of Target and Walmart are just dead and gloomy because of the empty pegs.