Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise (Target)

GNT

Reaction score
Here's our first look at the Han solo figure:

Retail Price: $12.99/Available exclusively at Target: Spring 2019

Reaction score
I'm hoping they'll make an updated Luke in Stormtrooper gear too. I'd hate for this to be the reverse of the original vintage line where they did Luke but not Han.

Reaction score
Old Stormtrooper body sculpt with the helmet of VC140.

A shame that they didn't use the new Stormie sculpt...

bac

Reaction score
Old Stormtrooper body sculpt with the helmet of VC140.

A shame that they didn't use the new Stormie sculpt...
They probably needed the tooling for the new Stormie. I would have preferred they waited on this guy in that case, but also understand managing costs by utilizing the older tooling.

Now if we get a new Luke Trooper with the VC140 body then that will just be weird.

Reaction score
So....why? I like the head but why not use the new body mold? Did they mess up the design on the neck post on the new stormtrooper so they couldn’t accept unmasked heads? If only they had a universal socket design...

Reaction score
Holding out for the card art. This guy is a HARD MAYBE right now. Concerned that the helmet is already yellowed in the promo pics though.

Reaction score
I'm not terribly thrilled about this choice for TVC, but ... it's part of TVC, and that's the only line I'm collecting. So I'm down for one. :p

Reaction score
I'm not terribly thrilled about this choice for TVC, but ... it's part of TVC, and that's the only line I'm collecting. So I'm down for one. :p
At this point, I'm pretty thrilled about anything OT actually showing up in new TVC releases...

Reaction score
So this our new 'ANH' Han Solo that was rumoured. I was hoping for normal Han : (

Reaction score
At first I thought, 'great looking figure', then I realised it was an exclusive (yet another), then I realised it was basically an old sculpt with a new head and helmet and doesn't appear to have the extra thigh rotation that the brand new figures have.

Reaction score
Can someone explain the logic of not using the new stormtrooper body mold? If both molds exist...the cost of using the new vs the old is the same

Reaction score
So apparently this is a Target Exclusive. I'm really getting sick of tracking down all the exclusives. Its making collecting a lot more difficult than it should be.
so far its just Rey Island Journey for [non-existent] exclusives right? Ironically, that's the only one of the new TVC figs I would be tempted to buy...because the falcon is on it

Reaction score
Ill buy this for the head...at which point I’ll have to fix the figure. It’d be nice if we didn’t have to fix figures anymore.

Reaction score
So this our new 'ANH' Han Solo that was rumoured. I was hoping for normal Han : (
I was (and still am) hoping Hasbro would fix VC42 Han (Yavin Ceremony). I never bought that one because it was screen-inaccurate (unbuttoned collar and rolled-up sleeves). I would have preferred that fix/reissue to the stormtrooper outfit, but ... this is what we have.

Reaction score
I was (and still am) hoping Hasbro would fix VC42 Han (Yavin Ceremony). I never bought that one because it was screen-inaccurate (unbuttoned collar and rolled-up sleeves). I would have preferred that fix/reissue to the stormtrooper outfit, but ... this is what we have.
ANH Han needs a brand new mould at this point. As great as the sculpt was/is, it's showing its age a bit now, especially with the new torso and leg articulation and separate jacket pieces.

Reaction score
At $15 & $20 each, for TVC and TBS respectively. Stuff like that should just be a simple "extra accessory" piece included! Not having to pay for a whole nother figure for the different look.

ANH Han needs a brand new mould at this point. As great as the sculpt was/is, it's showing its age a bit now, especially with the new torso and leg articulation and separate jacket pieces.
TBH, if they're going to keep utilizing those weird looking hips and mid torso joint. I'll keep my old ANH Han!
But thanks anyways...

Reaction score
I and everyone else we still have the Legacy Collection Han stormtrooper disguise figure which is still a pretty good figure

Reaction score
I never got the Legacy Collection Stormtrooper disguise Han as I wasn't collecting back then so I'm looking forward to this figure. I think the photo real face looks fantastic on this figure as does the new helmet.

That being said, I definitely concur with others here that this should have waited until after the new Stormtrooper sculpt could be used for this figure. Yes, the RO Stormtrooper has a small difference from the OT troopers but that would've been easy for them to remove from a Stormtrooper Han. It probably would've been cheaper than giving the Legacy version a new upper torso too. I think they should've done a different figure at a similar cost to this one and waited to do a new Stormtrooper Han.

I also agree with others in the thread that a new Stormtrooper Luke is probably coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the eight TBA slots from the NYCC chart is for him.

Looking forward to seeing this Han's TVC cardback.

Reaction score
Well I already have the Legacy Collection Han and Luke stormtrooper disguise figures so ill be skipping on the newer upcoming versions

Reaction score
Nah, the older articulation style from the VOTC days is better.

I vastly prefer the older articulation without the split torso. Waist articulation is much better and I don't really care for the "diaper" look that results from the modern leg sculpting.

That said, the old VOTC Han desperately needs a new head. So far, Hasbro has NEVER given us a decent Han head....

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
I thought they said on the SyFy.com streamed panel that everything from the Torso up is all new.

Chris
I saw that to.. about his Torso and up being all new from the sculpt but ... that begs the question when did a stormtrooper Han in the Legacy collection ever have ball jointed hips? My legacy Han in Stormy gear is the swivel thigh version. Was there ever a previous ball jointed version I skipped over? Or are they just saying that from the waist lower is the wide-stanced 3.75 black series stormtrooper legs from a few years ago?

Reaction score
Or are they just saying that from the waist lower is the wide-stanced 3.75 black series stormtrooper legs from a few years ago?
I think this but I can't be sure. Maybe a question for someone attending London Film and Comic con later this month

Reaction score
I prefer the Legacy version. For me another version is not essential
That's kind of where I am with this figure as well. Of all the figures who could use an update, this one would be pretty low on my list.

Reaction score
I also agree with others in the thread that a new Stormtrooper Luke is probably coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the eight TBA slots from the NYCC chart is for him.
I reeeeeally hope they do the trash compactor/wet hair Luke Stormtrooper in 3.75"...

Reaction score
The helmet looks like a better painted Saga Legends bucket that came with the disguised Luke.

Reaction score
I hope the card art on this guy looks great because I need a Vintage carded Han in my collection and it’s either gonna be this guy or Bespin Han from TVC 1!

Reaction score
I think they must’ve been planning this for a bit, thinking that this Han would be an iconic addition to Solo fervor (the time-frame seems off in a weird way with this figure). But, of course, Solo got a different kind of fervor. It’s just odd to be getting so much Han. But it should make a nice TVC, if not just for the card back. It’s a weird and underwhelming slot choice, but does look nice.

Reaction score
I reeeeeally hope they do the trash compactor/wet hair Luke Stormtrooper in 3.75"...
Hopefully, but this is more of this strange 'toggling' among pairs of characters between 3.75" and 6" scales, like TVC Han and TBS Luke in stormtrooper outfits. Sort of the same thing with 5POA Rose and TBS Finn in First Order disguises. Not saying it's a consistent practice, just becoming a noticeable pattern every so often.