Han Solo (Starkiller Base)

Reaction score
It's not some strategy about age of characters and toys . It's just lazy inattention to detail.

Reaction score
With Indiana Jones 5 on the horizon Hasbro is stocking up on brown paint to get the hair just right...

Reaction score
I wouldn't use the Indy head for Han. The sculpt isn't as good and the hair is wrong anyway. Parted on the other side and not as shaggy.

Reaction score
Can't complain too much about a new FA figure but am just a little disappointed we got him in another snow coat again, considering I've got the coat version of him in my Hoth display. Would have thought his regular look would have been easier to make too. Still a buy though.

Reaction score
I wouldn't use the Indy head for Han. The sculpt isn't as good and the hair is wrong anyway. Parted on the other side and not as shaggy.
Nonsense. The Crystal Skull "Rocket Launcher" Indy has a great sculpt. But, you're right, the hair isn't exactly correct. More importantly, typical to Indy, he's got serious five o'clock shadow.

Reaction score
I know a lot of people were hoping for an SA version of Han in his regular TFA costume. It is THE look for Han Solo in THE FORCE AWAKENS. In this case, I think Hasbro chose to go with the cold weather Starkiller base outfit for the very reason that it was something different from the standard outfit. And it probably fits with the exclusive nature of the Walmart 3.75" Black Series line. Plus, we've already seen Han Solo in the Eravana/Takodana/D'Qar getup in both the 3.75" 5POA figure and 6" figure lines. And that standard version of Han Solo in the 5 POA figure line? That's really only been out for about 2 months or so. I get the distinct impression that Hasbro wants that figure to sell through for the next few months, and I think think next year we'll get an SA version of Han Solo in the brown leather jacket.

Reaction score
Choosing to release Han in this outfit over the standard outfit is Hasbros signature move. Oldest trick in their play book.

Reaction score
Looks decent aside from the hair colour but I'd rather wait for a SA version of Han's main costume. Speaking of which has anyone come up with a proper name for that yet? Like Takodana Han or something.

Reaction score
Looks decent aside from the hair colour but I'd rather wait for a SA version of Han's main costume. Speaking of which has anyone come up with a proper name for that yet? Like Takodana Han or something.
Kanjiklubbin'

Reaction score
How about Han Solo, since that's his new main look. Or we could assign the TFA moniker, just like we did with ANH Han. One thing is for certain, they won't be releasing so many alternate versions of him from the ST. Like they did with the OT, because he only survived the one movie, and had two outfits. lol
Plus, now that Luke will most likely just wear the Jedi robes. It's up to the younger cast to change clothes every 30 minutes.

Reaction score
If he‘s wearing the same shirt underneath we could probably just take off the cold weather jacket and replace it with the jacket from the 5 POA figure.

Reaction score
If he‘s wearing the same shirt underneath we could probably just take off the cold weather jacket and replace it with the jacket from the 5 POA figure.
The pictures show that his scarf is clearly visible. No idea if it's removable or not.

Reaction score
Is it confirmed or still conjectured, because that seems very similar to the Hoth Mechanic from 2010.

Reaction score
How did that rumor even get started? There are a ton of great customisers out there, but I don't know of anyone who can make a figure look like a mass produced figure. Which is exactly what this looks like.

Customs either look awful (sorry, some do, even mine), like a regular figure with new parts, or works of art.

Reaction score
I'll tell you how that rumor got started. Ignorance. For example; the poster questions the authenticity of the figure suggesting it could be a custom. A comparison is made to Echo Base Han from 2010. Bringing this up in the convo can only suggest that Echo Base Han was used to make "this custom", however one quick glance at either figures instantly reveals how Echo Base Han and star killer base Han Solo look NOTHING ALIKE despite the fact that they both have long costs on.

Pure 100% unadulterated ignorance.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being honest about it. I'm in no way close to being an artist about it either, but there are some really crappy attempts too. But that is how one learns to be better. Criticism/critique.

Anyone talented enough to make those figures, that look like that. Are most likely not going to go to the trouble of "fake" figures. These are definitely Hasbro figures, you can tell by the quaint earmarks of their trade.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being honest about it. I'm in no way close to being an artist about it either, but there are some really crappy attempts too. But that is how one learns to be better. Criticism/critique.

Anyone talented enough to make those figures, that look like that. Are most likely not going to go to the trouble of "fake" figures. These are definitely Hasbro figures, you can tell by the quaint earmarks of their trade.
And you can also tell cos these new images came direct from Hasbro! ;)

Reaction score
How did that rumor even get started? There are a ton of great customisers out there, but I don't know of anyone who can make a figure look like a mass produced figure. Which is exactly what this looks like.

Customs either look awful (sorry, some do, even mine), like a regular figure with new parts, or works of art.
Exactly. Even the best of the best of the best (say, guys like Silof or SithFire) don't make figures that look like they were created by Hasbro, as this one does.

Reaction score
I'm 100% this is an official Hasbro product. I just hope they do better with the paint apps on the final product than what we saw on ebay.

Reaction score
I'll tell you how that rumor got started. Ignorance. For example; the poster questions the authenticity of the figure suggesting it could be a custom. A comparison is made to Echo Base Han from 2010. Bringing this up in the convo can only suggest that Echo Base Han was used to make "this custom", however one quick glance at either figures instantly reveals how Echo Base Han and star killer base Han Solo look NOTHING ALIKE despite the fact that they both have long costs on.

Pure 100% unadulterated ignorance.
Kid, I've shopped from one side of this galaxy to the next. If I had a credit for every unfounded rumor posted on these sites, I could buy you a star cruiser.

Reaction score
The biggest evidence that these are NOT customs is that Han has brown hair and Phasma's mouthpiece doesn't extend to the eye lenses on either side (exactly like the BS FO Stormtrooper), two mistakes that no customizer would make if they went through the trouble of making customs this complex. When you throw in the more "official" photos released of the Han, Leia, and new astromechs, I think it's safe to say these are real.

Reaction score
The biggest evidence that these are NOT customs is that Han has brown hair and Phasma's mouthpiece doesn't extend to the eye lenses on either side (exactly like the BS FO Stormtrooper), two mistakes that no customizer would make if they went through the trouble of making customs this complex. When you throw in the more "official" photos released of the Han, Leia, and new astromechs, I think it's safe to say these are real.
So you cite the poor quality of the deco as evidence these are "legitimate?" That's pathetic.
I don't mean that as a criticism of your opinion, but that Hasbro's standards have fallen below that of the POTF2 era.

Reaction score
So you cite the poor quality of the deco as evidence these are "legitimate?" That's pathetic. I don't mean that as a criticism of your opinion, but that Hasbro's standards have fallen below that of the POTF2 era.
I agree it's bad that we have to "correct" practically every figure we purchase, but that's the state of collecting 3.75" these days.

Reaction score
This figure really needs to have correct hair color. If not, all it is going to be is a new hoth mechanic Han with some minor differences in details.

Reaction score
Well of course it's new/different. Even if Han had kept his Hoth Jacket stored in a bin on the MF, the "real" costume has no doubt been eaten by moths. lol
It would be fairly tough to reuse a 20-30 year old costume w/o it falling apart.

Reaction score
Well of course it's new/different. Even if Han had kept his Hoth Jacket stored in a bin on the MF, the "real" costume has no doubt been eaten by moths. lol
It would be fairly tough to reuse a 20-30 year old costume w/o it falling apart.

..........wow. Just, wow.

Reaction score
Ball jointed "glove" hands on figures like Star Killer Base Han or even Rey and even the Vintage Collection Return of the Jedi Luke figures, the ball jointed hands/gloves pretty much end up looking like crap. Stretched out showing the ball joint of the hand to the arm wrist. At least the Prequel clonetroopers with a few ball jointed wrists they look better and hidden real well at times.

Reaction score
Ball jointed "glove" hands on figures like Star Killer Base Han or even Rey and even the Vintage Collection Return of the Jedi Luke figures, the ball jointed hands/gloves pretty much end up looking like crap. Stretched out showing the ball joint of the hand to the arm wrist. At least the Prequel clonetroopers with a few ball jointed wrists they look better and hidden real well at times.

again...wow...just wow.

GNT

Reaction score
Han Solo's brown coat still exists, it wouldn't be reused because I believe it's in the hands of a private collector and I doubt the owner would want it being used again. To top it off all props from TFA onwards will be built by scratch so no using older Lucas era props. Disney will build up their own warehouse of SW props going forward.