Han Solo - ROTJ - Walmart

Reaction score
Ok, so if they were set on releasing a Han, here's a thought. Repack the new Han Carbonite figure. Yes he was just released in the previous wave of TBS, BUT as we all know the last wave before a major change over (new package) always gets shorted.

Crazy how much more sense it makes than a figure that has been repacked countless times.

Reaction score
I got this figure back in 2006. So I'm passing on this one. No need for duplicates...Unless they're army builders of course.

Reaction score
I got this figure back in 2006. So I'm passing on this one. No need for duplicates...Unless they're army builders of course.

If you are still rocking the 2006 one the headsculpt on this figure has the most accurate Harrison Ford head on it. It would, for you, be a worthy upgrade.
I am curious to see a side by side comparison of the coat to see if its truly better and more accurate. I may pick him up for the coat.

Reaction score
It WAS tweaked? I thought it was a straight repack. Hmmm now i'm intrigued....

Reaction score
They could've done a kitbash of the new Carbonite Han and the VTSC Han and gotten a decent figure for this outfit representation. Sometimes I can't understand why they don't use the tools at their disposal. I too am curious about the "new" coat.

Reaction score
Yeah that fix up was something I was thinking of trying. Thanks for the pics. Definitely looks better than with the barrel chest.

Reaction score
Yeah that fix up was something I was thinking of trying. Thanks for the pics. Definitely looks better than with the barrel chest.

I made the same customs but I used a TVC Bespin Han Belt. That barrel bod has to go but that is still my favorite Han head to date. I think it sport the best likeness of every Hasbro SW sculpt.
I really want to see the coat comparisoan so if any cool Canadian collector would help us out that would be appreciated.....

Reaction score
I made the same customs but I used a TVC Bespin Han Belt. That barrel bod has to go but that is still my favorite Han head to date. I think it sport the best likeness of every Hasbro SW sculpt.
I really want to see the coat comparisoan so if any cool Canadian collector would help us out that would be appreciated.....
Honestly, many of the Hasbro sculpts are pretty good. The problem is the detail seems to get lost in the paleness of the plastic the use for casting. Not just with Han, either. If you (the royal you) are decent at painting, try a darker shade of flesh tone on a few figures. You'd be surprised how much more many of them look like Harrison Ford afterwards, instead of looking like a corpse.

Reaction score
Agreed, very nice head sculpt

Honestly, many of the Hasbro sculpts are pretty good. The problem is the detail seems to get lost in the paleness of the plastic the use for casting. Not just with Han, either. If you (the royal you) are decent at painting, try a darker shade of flesh tone on a few figures. You'd be surprised how much more many of them look like Harrison Ford afterwards, instead of looking like a corpse.
I never thought of that, cheers.

The sculpt of Carbonite Han is definitely a bit soft, and stands out from previous figures a lot, in especially the eyes. I know it was taken from the 5POA figures, so that's probably why. But they just don't look like real people.

Reaction score
They could've done a kitbash of the new Carbonite Han and the VTSC Han and gotten a decent figure for this outfit representation. Sometimes I can't understand why they don't use the tools at their disposal. I too am curious about the "new" coat.

the new coat feels rather like cheap plastic wrap instead of fabric and the camo tampo is darker in this new version then the 2006.

Reaction score
Agreed, very nice head sculpt

I never thought of that, cheers.

The sculpt of Carbonite Han is definitely a bit soft, and stands out from previous figures a lot, in especially the eyes. I know it was taken from the 5POA figures, so that's probably why. But they just don't look like real people.
I agree. I haven't tried painting it yet, but maybe i'll give it a coat and see how it goes.

I know it's not a thing we should have to do as consumers, but being able to do a simple flesh coat, fill any missing hair spots and fixing eye paint really does go a long way.

Reaction score
I really would've preferred if Hasbro would have offered up the ANH/VOTC version of Han Solo. This ROTJ version was also in the TRU Black Series multipack with the AT-ST, albeit without the coat. So why offer it up again in this format?

Reaction score
I really would've preferred if Hasbro would have offered up the ANH/VOTC version of Han Solo. This ROTJ version was also in the TRU Black Series multipack with the AT-ST, albeit without the coat. So why offer it up again in this format?
because it would make sense. I'm guessing Hasbro has tons of the ROTJ trench coat Han sitting around so they figure lets get rid of him.

I've always preferred either the ANH Han or the recent Bespin Han Solo. those are my 2 good to Han figures. the rest have been lack luster.

Reaction score
This new design team sucks. They miss so many little details. I will stick with the previous coat then. I am getting tired of having to fix EVERY figure I buy.
This is the freaking truth. My collection is now 30% customized in some way, and that's just from trying to make their figures presentable.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'd have rather they re-release the open coat Hoth Han (highly underrated figure IMO) from wave 1 of Vintage if they needed a coated Han for this line.

Reaction score
This new design team sucks. They miss so many little details. I will stick with the previous coat then. I am getting tired of having to fix EVERY figure I buy.
You know man, the new Star Wars figures aren't too bad. At least we get new sculpts with them. Yes, like you I am frustrated with the lack of details and that we have to fix them ourselves (missing black on Stormtroopers, googly eyes, lack of washes...). But if you're a Marvel Legends collector - you will feel even worse as a collector.

They miss paint ALL THE TIME. Paint rubs off easily, plenty of ****-eyed women, bent and stiff limbs.... and costs a bomb. Buying online is the best way to go to guarantee getting them, but then you won't know if they're good quality. And spend half you're time fixing the problems. It never ends.

Their saving grace is the character selection, the best body sculpts in forever (even if there's only 4 types each for male/females, and that they need to be as simple as just a dude in spandex with no extra costume features), and they're starting to include accessories for the first time.

Could be worse?

Reaction score
I don't think that Han figure was underrated at all. Aside from the nift new Jacket, it's an abomination. Same barrel chested piece of crap, that's been sneaking into the line far too often! Not to mention the skinny legs and oversized holster don't do much for the figure either. Last but not least, the head sculpt doesn't do him justice. If there were a different body available for that coat, I would agree.

Reaction score
I would have bought this if they used the Carbonite Han body as I never managed to get that one as that wave I don't think ever made it to Canada.

Reaction score
For anyone that wants this figure for ~$6 Brian's toys has the vintage collection one carded for half the price of this repack

Reaction score
^^ That is good advice. But I don't even think it's worth $6! Don't they have better head sculpts they can draw from? Heck, I feel like some of those POTF2 Hans looked more like Han than this guy.

Reaction score
Its an ok figure, been a workhorse in my collection for years. I want this one because I have Luke, Leia, Chewy and Vader and would like a Han to go with them in this nifty new packaging. I have all of those characters stored with their respective Dio, environment/ faction ( that's how I organize my collection) but then these TBS versions are out on top of the shelf for display and to grab instead of opening up a storage bin, will be nice to add a go to, always ready Han to that roster.

Reaction score
WOW. I saw this in person. They managed to mangle the paint job on the best Harrison Ford sculpt which for years has been painted superbly to a googley eyed mess. A paint job can make or break even the best of toys.
The body is still a barrel. I would have like the base color of the cloak to look more grey like the Vintage one and movie....AND the 5POA bubble headed mess:

I would have bought him if it was.

Reaction score
Dammit Hasbro! First Luke's cloak still being wrong and now this?!
I would think most collectors have an Endor Han by now and better than or equal to this newest release. So I'm not sweating this at all. Its just one less figure I'm buying right now. I was upset that this figure had to take a spot that could have been given to a better character choice. But if it has to be Endor Han, its an easy pass. No need to get frustrated, just save the $13 and wait for the next wave.

Reaction score
How comes the box art doesn't look like Han? looks like a very bloated Val Kilmer

Reaction score
What wave was this released with? Is it with the Poe, Rey, and Finn?

Reaction score
Yes. Wave 3 includes Han, Rey, Finn, Poe, and repacks of Kylo Ren, FO Stormie, and Jedi Luke.
Thanks for the info! I found Han, and only Han, today so that lets me know I missed the rest of them again. Slowly I'll finish this wave out.

Reaction score
Saw this figure today at 2 different Walmarts in my area. I wanted it until I saw it in person. Now it's on the back burner as a "I'll pick it up later"

Reaction score
Saw this figure today at 2 different Walmarts in my area. I wanted it until I saw it in person. Now it's on the back burner as a "I'll pick it up later"
Is this a repack of the TVC Han Solo? Or something else?

Reaction score
I saw two the other day, the only remains of wave 3. The paint apps were atrocious! I mean Indiana Jones figures atrocious! One had his eyes painted on his cheeks! The other one looked like Marty Feldman.

This is Marty Feldman for you youngsters in the crowd...

Reaction score
Stopped by the same WM this morning and one of the Hans had actually sold! (Cheek Eyes...Marty Feldman was still there)

Reaction score
Picked one up soley for the jacket for a Finn custom and the head will make a good old man solo.

Reaction score
Picked one up soley for the jacket for a Finn custom and the head will make a good old man solo.
Holy smokes, $13 and they couldn't even paint the pant stripes?!!! This is useless for display or collectors.

JVM

Reaction score
I'm still planning to buy this sometime, if I find it, unless I acquire an older Endor Han before then.

Reaction score
I was almost tempted to buy this figure until I heard he had no yellow stripes on his pants. I already have enough Hans. I'll wait until we get an SA TFA version.