Han Solo - ROTJ - Walmart

Reaction score
Second that. There is not one single figure in this first (?) assortment that I'm interested in.

I think most of board members share this opinion. Tose repacked Luke, Chewy Han and Vader are meant to get casual buyers to bite. Hardcore collectors will wait for TFA figures to show up in this line before pulling the trigger.

Reaction score
I would have been very happy with an updated Han Solo in AT-ST Driver disguise. All it would be is a head/helmet. Were not asking for much Hasbro just a little newness or desirable repacks at the very least.
Another great idea! Core character update, check. New figure, check. I mean seriously, is there any thought going on over there at Hasbro?

I don't see what the big deal is here. I think it's pretty obvious that the repacks aren't meant for "us". They are for the new casuals or returning collectors.
But if they had gone with one of the figures I mentioned, or even the AT-ST version. Look at how many "more" people would have bought it.
Going with this factory reject, means only a very select few will be buying it.

However, if they didn't make too many. And he sells through well enough, no harm done. But if this figure pegwarms, creating another logjam...

Reaction score
already have several of this figure. I don't hate it, but I hate that it takes a slot of a new figure that could have been released. I feel the same way about the luke lightsaber construction and the Chewbacca figures. That could have been 3 slots for new figures.

Reaction score
already have several of this figure. I don't hate it, but I hate that it takes a slot of a new figure that could have been released. I feel the same way about the luke lightsaber construction and the Chewbacca figures. That could have been 3 slots for new figures.
If they absolute must repack figures, they could have at least included new accessories; a correct cloak and blaster for Luke, chain and binders for Chewie, detonators with Han etc

Reaction score
If they absolute must repack figures, they could have at least included new accessories; a correct cloak and blaster for Luke, chain and binders for Chewie, detonators with Han etc
Keep it quiet or you gonna wake up the trolls :p

Reaction score
One of the worst choices they could have made for a repack in my opinion. I worry that this one will warm pegs if shipped in the same numbers as the Force Awakens figures.

Reaction score
Not convinced any OT figures from that line will pegwarm. The TFA push should be enough to sell out of everything. Only scenario wher i could see those pegwarm is if Hasbro keep forwarding those in the next case assortments.

Reaction score
Not convinced any OT figures from that line will pegwarm. The TFA push should be enough to sell out of everything. Only scenario wher i could see those pegwarm is if Hasbro keep forwarding those in the next case assortments.
True. I thought that the first repack wave would pegwarm and they lasted a few days in my area...

Reaction score
i have let the see the wave 1 boxed black series in my area. Makes me think i might have to order Leia online when she becomes available.

Reaction score
Nice for anyone needing this sculpt but I am waiting to see new figures not repacks and repaints.
I think anyone visiting these boards share that opinion. Wal*Mart and Hasbro have a larger target in mind though. They are going for both hardcore AND casual collectors

Reaction score
EDIT: Forgot i already made that point a few posts above. Damn that lack of edit feature :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I think anyone visiting these boards share that opinion. Wal*Mart and Hasbro have a larger target in mind though. They are going for both hardcore AND casual collectors
Okay, but with that in mind. What casula/hard core collector would buy this for $13, when they could get a 6" better looking version for $20 something? Or for that matter, getting a better 4" version on ebay or garage sale...

Retail really is only going to care about TFA characters right now, to tie into the movie. Throwing this kind of crap into the mix, only cuts down on how many Finn, Poe and Rey figure that could have been made and put into the case.
Or a figure that would look better on the card for that matter.

Reaction score
One of the worst choices they could have made for a repack in my opinion. I worry that this one will warm pegs if shipped in the same numbers as the Force Awakens figures.
I'll bet if Disney did a quick theatrical release of ROTJ in November, this one would fly off the shelves fairly quickly...........(waking up from my dream).....

So, yeah, hopefully he's not pack too heavily in the case and not repacked in the following case.

Reaction score
While it definitely sucks that this is neither an entirely new Han, or at least a worthwhile repack, I wouldn't worry about this one pegwarming. When was the last time a Han Solo figure pegwarmed?

Reaction score
Yeah, he wasn't in the same class as ObiWan, Slave Leia or Greedo. But he definitely was easy to get and always on pegs for a good 6-9 months.

Reaction score
Quick Preview!

The coat is all new. Way less bulky and it is not "cloth", more of a synthetic and easier to place than previous release. Probably the best release from this Han Solo.

Reaction score
If all that's different is the coat then I prefer the previous Endor Han. The old coat laid much more naturally. I can see how much easier this new one will be to remove but a pass for me anyways. I hope others in my area need one or several.

Reaction score
I may pick this one up. Simply because the only Han I own is the recent Carbonite Han. I like the detail in the shirt for that one. This one's seems meh.

Reaction score
I may pick this one up. Simply because the only Han I own is the recent Carbonite Han. I like the detail in the shirt for that one. This one's seems meh.
This one IS meh. The body proportions of this figure have been weird since it came out. If you do pick it up, leave the coat on. This figure makes Carbonite Han look like a masterpiece otherwise.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just going to stick with my TVC one and give this a pass. A new cape doesn't warrant a buy from me, but I'm glad they released it again for those who need it.

Reaction score
But who really needs this? Its been released several times recently. This just takes up a possible spot that could have gone to another TFA character. This is not like the Leia which was a new figure. I'm not against mixing in a new OT figure or 2 but don't waste spots with stuff like this. With so many possibilities of characters we already know or are out in 5POA, its going to take forever to get even a mild covering for the new movie at this rate.

Reaction score
Agreed. This release makes no sense to us, but Hasbro loves to get the OT main characters out there as much possible. This is why we have seen so many new and reissue figures Vader, Han, Luke, Leia, Chewy and C-3PO of late.

That said, collectors would rather see reissue figures like the Emperor's Royal Guard, the Gamorrean Guard and the Echo Base Rebel Soldier.

Reaction score
But who really needs this? Its been released several times recently. This just takes up a possible spot that could have gone to another TFA character. This is not like the Leia which was a new figure. I'm not against mixing in a new OT figure or 2 but don't waste spots with stuff like this. With so many possibilities of characters we already know or are out in 5POA, its going to take forever to get even a mild covering for the new movie at this rate.
For the 250 figures I own... I still didn't have a ROTJ Endor Han. I was less of in a collecting mood at the time they were released or I couldn't find one at a decent price, so I was glad I could fetch him!

Reaction score
This Han is the sort of thing that is old news if you already have one of several times a similar Han has been released BUT is especially awesome if you do not have it yet.

Reaction score
Agreed. This release makes no sense to us, but Hasbro loves to get the OT main characters out there as much possible. This is why we have seen so many new and reissue figures Vader, Han, Luke, Leia, Chewy and C-3PO of late.

That said, collectors would rather see reissue figures like the Emperor's Royal Guard, the Gamorrean Guard and the Echo Base Rebel Soldier.
Again, those would make too much sense.

Reaction score
Again, those would make too much sense.
Not from a marketing and selling point of view. As Glitch said, COLLECTORS would rather see ERG, Gammys and Echo Base Soldier. These were simply hard to find during TVC release. I don't see anyone complaining about no Hem Dazon or General Veers and they go for 25 or 30$CAD, but I wasn't collecting back in 2004... Personnally, I'd like to get reissues for all of them. But for Hasbro, they know collectors will buy whatever they put on the shelf. Yes, some will pegwarm. But mostly, they have to get that new average customer who will eventually become a collector himself. So the presence of well-known heroes and villains is a necessary evil for cost reduction and the existence of the line itself...

I started collecting in 2008, when I walk in a Walmart and see TFU Darth Vader and Sandstorm Luke Skywalker from the Legacy Collection. I was blown-away at how well done these were done. My last Star Wars action-figure was in 2005 from ROTS (mostly the bad ones with swing actions). And it's not because they were a variant. I just thought Luke sculpt and Vaders armor and cloak were so different from my non-collecting/kid toys. After a few years, I still needed a good true ROTJ Luke and a good ESB Vader. I wouldn't have bought the Gamorrean Guard, even if I thought he looked great, because why have this one when I don't even have a decent Luke?

Reaction score
For the 250 figures I own... I still didn't have a ROTJ Endor Han. I was less of in a collecting mood at the time they were released or I couldn't find one at a decent price, so I was glad I could fetch him!
I am glad you were able to pick him up and add him to your collection. I do love this outfit and version of Han. But unless you are just loving the new coat, this figure can be found in numbers on the secondary market for retail or below prices. You can even get it on vintage style cardbacks still for around the same price point as this new TBS one. It has been issued so many times recently, that there's just no reason to push it again in the midst of a new movie's toy release IMO.

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but this is a horrid repack. Not as bad as Vader in wave 1 but a close 2nd. Not a good looking piece of plastic at all. Should have released older ep.7 Han instead. Then I would have actually bought every figure in this wave which hasn't happened in a loooooooong time.