Han Solo (ROTJ) - VC62

GNT

Reaction score
According to entertainment Earth we'll be seeing Han Solo from ROTJ as figure number 62 in the Vintage line. Has anyone heard anything about a ROTJ version? I know we're getting the ESB Bespin Outfit in the coming months. Something new or just a simple mix up?

Thoughts on this news?

Reaction score
I think he's the Endor Han on a Revenge of the Jedi card that Hasbro said would come in the fall.

I just checked the website and saw that some are listed with Revenge, but I think Hasbro might make some revision cases and put other figures on Revenge cards. It seems Hasbro is going to keep the 12 figures that will come on Revenge cards in rotation throughout the revisions and maybe the other waves.
frown.gif

Reaction score
I'm all for endor han but I'm literally just buying the vsc waves so maybe I can trade one...I can't see keeping both...same with the inferior older bespin luke compared to the newer one...

Reaction score
So is it just a repack of the 2006 VTSC Endor Han?

Or is it the one from that Legacy BP with the Ewok & glider - the Han with the newer headsculpt??

Reaction score
VintijDroidGutzz said:

Or is it the one from that Legacy BP with the Ewok & glider - the Han with the newer headsculpt??

I hope it's the BP one. I think it's one of the better Han headsculpts out there, if not THE best. The 2006 VTSC in my opinion is one of the worst.

Reaction score
Spookymufu said:
are the brown pants the only difference between endore han and ANH han?

Are you asking about the VOTC Han from A New Hope as compared to the VTSC Han from ROTJ, as in difference between the Hasbro figures? Or do you mean the differences between the screen character? The figures are the same with the legs, the heads are the same but Jedi Han has a lighter brown hair. The VOTC Han from 2004 (ANH) has a torso where the vest isn't removeable, the 2006 (ROTJ) version has a torso with pivoting (ball-jointed as opposed to swivel) articulation and a separate vest. The Endor han looks bulkier in the chest, the ANH version is slimmer looking. The sleeves on ROTJ Han are longer also. And i think the Endor Han doesn't look quite as good, the eyebrows are lighter, the eyes seem a little off, he's a little more "tan" in skin tone, and his neck is a little thicker (bigger Adam's apple on 2006 ROTJ), it might be accurate on some of those things but the figure just doesn't look as good as ANH Han to me. That's just my preference. As far as the differences between the on screen characters, I think the blue/brown pants and the trenchcoat are the biggest differences and Harrison looks a bit different (older?) in the face and his hair might look slightly different.

I hope this is the Shield Generator Assault Han which is the same as the 2006 VTSC Han but with a much better headsculpt. There were three version of that super articulated Han from 2006, the VTSC carded version, the identical figure in the Battle for Endor Target pack, and the battle pack Shield Generator Assault version with the improved Han head. That's the one I DON'T have.

Reaction score
Well, he does sport the trenchcoat part of the time too...and he has a different blaster, but Hasbro will just give us the same old ANH blaster anyway
crazy.gif

I was hoping this would be an all new figure, but forgot about the "Revenge" thing revealed at SDCC. If it is a repack, then I am up for the most recent BP version with new HS as well. I wish they would do away with the torso articulation though.

Reaction score
VintijDroidGutzz said:

that was luke not han

Reaction score
mandalorehunter said:
VintijDroidGutzz said:

that was luke not han
Ah yes! It was the bunker BP that Han was in wasn't it - the one with the black suit Imp & the Nic Sant in Bikerscout disguise..

Reaction score
very cool!!

If this is the figure from the "Shield Generator Assault" battle pack with a trench coat...then I'm sold!!

the VTSC release doesn't look bad to me either..

but since I got neither version.. I'll be getting him either way

Reaction score
What'd be even cooler is a generic ROTJ "General Han Solo"/Briefing Room Han, with a new head or an updated Han in AT-ST Driver disguise.

Reaction score
Han's ROTJ outfit was more neat in appearance than his ANH outfit, with an actual collar and buttons (the ANH shirt was more of a V-Neck almost with no buttons or collar and shorter, flared sleeves without cuffs). I think his shirt in Jedi is also more of a grayish beige, while his ANH shirt was more yellowish, or basically just plain beige. I still am convinced that his ROTJ shirt is his Yavin Ceremony shirt from ANH. But with the buttons undone at the top and the collar flared up instead up pressed down neatly.

He also had a brand new jacket in ROTJ that was neatly ironed unlike his wrinkled ANH outfit. It was a bit longer in length and it also appeared to be cut much different so that it was vertically straight all the way down. It also didn't have the big pouch on the back like the ANH jacket had.

He wears the very same brown pants w/yellow hash marks and black boots that he wore in TESB.

Reaction score
TheRealDub said:
What'd be even cooler is a generic ROTJ "General Han Solo"/Briefing Room Han, with a new head or an updated Han in AT-ST Driver disguise.

I bet at some point in the next 5 years Hasbro will utilize the new AT-ST Driver figure and give us an upgraded AT-ST Han.

Reaction score
If this is a straight repack will it be the worst and oldest figure to make it onto the vintage card? (I really wish they would do it right, just Bespin Han with different arms, not too much to ask for 10 bucks)

Reaction score
rickyd said:
If this is a straight repack will it be the worst and oldest figure to make it onto the vintage card? (I really wish they would do it right, just Bespin Han with different arms, not too much to ask for 10 bucks)

that is the simplest and most reasonable route to go with this figure. Lately tho, it seems far fetched to expect that( for example, the yavin cerimony Han so should have been the votc anh sculpt, with leg strap and a newly sculpted collar, but apparently that was asking too much for $10).

Reaction score
"Trenchcoat Han" was the first Han Solo figure I ever owned as a kid, so I'd love to see the figure completely resculpted from head to toe. However, if it's the 2009 Shield Generator BP Han Solo with the trenchcoat from the 2006 VTSC release, then I'll be happy.

Reaction score
bigbarada}I'd love to see the figure completely resculpted from head to toe. However said:
I echo this statement. I think he looks good with the trenchcoat, but I agree some of the others that his body proportions look wonky otherwise (but again, it helps the coat hang off him very nicely). Though I have a feeling this is Hasbro's way of saying they are done with Endor Han (though I hope they can give Endor Leia another go, especially if they resculpted Bespin Luke from that same release).

Reaction score
It's funny that you mention that Leia, i was just looking at it. I hate the head on that figure and of all the super articulated figures, of all the VOTC, VTSC, VTAC, VC, or really any modern era figures of original trilogy characters, Endor Leia is top on my list of disappointing ones. Her belt, the face, her body proportions...she just doesn't measure up to me. Maybe a future Endor battle pack could give them an opportunity to try it again. Or another single carded figure. Something.

Reaction score
I REFUSE to keep buying the same crap over and over again. I think after a few more key characters, my days in this hobby are numbered.

Reaction score
For the record, the image Hasbro used there is the same promo image used on the back of the original VTSC card. People got excited by that pic back in the day, but the final result was less than stellar. Han ended up way too tan, and with a shrunken head. So let's hope this isn't a straight repack of that figure.

Reaction score
If it's trenchcoat Han, he should at least have a new head, the current one is hideous. It looks like the wax sculpt got squished before the mold was made.

Reaction score
Yep, that's the best of those three. I'd love a whole new super accurate Han if it comes, I think the likely deal is that BP Han and it's good if not great. It's probably the best of what can be kitbashed/rereleased from pre-existing stuff. I also wonder why all those Target packs (the big Hoth and Endor ones) had figures with such weird off colors. Han's pants' are a funky brown, and tons of those figures in those Ultimate packs were done with colors that were kinda strange.

Reaction score
How about Hasbro uses the new Bespin bodysculpt with the Shield Generator's headsculpt, arms and vest?

That way one could recreate his "Surprise!" pose from when the Imperials are surrounded by the Ewoks.

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about the Shield Generator BP figure was that the yellow hash marks were paint on sloppily as one solid stripe all the way down; and the boots were matte instead of being polished nice n shiny.

Reaction score
Tyranusspotting said:
How about Hasbro uses the new Bespin bodysculpt with the Shield Generator's headsculpt, arms and vest?

That way one could recreate his "Surprise!" pose from when the Imperials are surrounded by the Ewoks.
That would be a far better choice than using the crappy VTSC body with that barrel of an upper torso; the promo image for the Revenge card, THAT body? NEVER got used on those Hans. They kept using the body for promo shots like with Sandstorm Han, and at Toy Fair at least for Endor Han, but never--to my knowledge--produced it for any Han at retail. The torso joint is MUCH higher on the promo than on Barrel Chest Han.

Also--and I realize this is probably asking/expecting WAY TOO MUCH of Hasbro--it'd be nice if they retooled the gunbelt/holster to fit the Dengar Blaster, aka Han's ESB Blaster (and close enough to ROTJ, the scope's just higher in ROTJ).

Instead, I'm fairly sure we'll just get long-scope ANH AGAIN, meaning Hasbro will have missed THREE opportunities to pop in the correct blaster (Echo Base, Bespin, Endor) because they're too cheap to work a new holster into the mix or whatever. Such attention to detail, to specifically sculpt Han's ESB blaster, then they never use it for Han.

Reaction score
I'd prefer no torso joint at all. It looks horrible and it's not like it's all that useful anyway, with the vest on.

Reaction score
I agree; there's just a bitter part of me that wants them to finally release that upper split torso they teased us with so often
grin.gif

Unless there's armor that provides a natural separation for it, or it's an exceptionally agile character that 'needs' it, I'm fine with NO ball-jointed torsos. Swivel is fine, they just need to not sculpt too rigid a posture (Quick Draw Clone from 2005 is a good example of too rigid, and the poor guy didn't even have a swivel waist! CW's Stone-mold clones also seem awfully rigid).

Reaction score
Billy_Ray said:
I'd prefer no torso joint at all. It looks horrible and it's not like it's all that useful anyway, with the vest on.

I agree, I wish that there was a way to have the joint be useful but the vest does limit it anyway, can't really think of a good solution either. If they did the torso/vest as one piece and gave it the ball-jointed mid-section things would get out of alignment, if they do it with the vest separate, you can't really move the mid-section much anyways. I really do like the overall slim look of the ANH 2004 Han from the VOTC best. But I kind of like Tyranusspotting idea too for a new kitbash, at least it'd be a slightly different look.