Han Solo - POTF2 (LFL50)

Reaction score
I took matters into my own amateur hands.

I believe if Hasbro did this simple tweak, these would have sold out in minutes. I bet it took them longer to design the card than it would have taken them to make a hair piece mold from their existing ANH Han to use with the Bespin Han head sculpt, which already has a separate hair piece, and stick it on the old body, which most everyone agrees is great despite limited articulation by current standards.

I still have to clean up the paint in the hair, and maybe a touch of sculpt work, which I won't be able to do near as well as Hasbro, but in hand he looks great. This is really what I thought they had planned for the eventual photo real rerelease of this figure. It just blows me away that the toy maker doesn't understand how easy it is to go from a languishing peg warmer to a sell-out product using design work that they ALREADY OWN!!

View attachment 389806View attachment 389807
So, you took only the hair from Bespin Han and put it on the ANH Han's head? Would an entire head swap not look right?

Reaction score
So, you took only the hair from Bespin Han and put it on the ANH Han's head? Would an entire head swap not look right?
Pretty much the opposite.

ANH Han hair looks good to me, but the face looks like Harrison Ford's stunt double.

Bespin Han, to me, is the most accurate Han Solo face sculpt in 1:12. It looks great on the Bespin figure, but the hair is too short to pass for ANH. But since the Bespin Han is made with a separately molded hair piece that is glued to the head sculpt, it is fairly easy to remove his hair with the boiling water method.

Unfortunately ANH Han does not have removable hair. So to put ANH hair on the Bespin head, I had to Dremel away the majority of the ANH head sculpt leaving only the hair. It took me about an hour or so to make it fit well. Working with a Dremel nicked the hair in a few places, but it should easily paint out. Hoping to finish it up today.

I would have gladly paid Hasbro $26.99 plus tax and shipping to not have had to do this. And I believe it would have been cheaper for them to make the new hair mold than it was for them to figure out the photo real printing on a bad face sculpt. But they didn't ask me, so...

Reaction score
Is there a better 6" Han Solo in this style? I know there's old Han, Hoth Han, ... but this is the best ANH Han, right?

This is the only ANH Solo Hasbro has done. I suppose you could always swap a Bespin head for the Photoreal look. The hair may not be 100% accurate to ANH, but it's close enough, right?

On the plus side, they did package the Stormtrooper belt separately. I can't remember which one, but I think one of the previous release ones had both belts on the figure in the box.
[/QUOTE]

The original orange box had it packed separate, and the ANH 40th card had it packed around him along with the holster. Not sure where they put it in the Han/Greedo 2 pack that was a TRU exclusive, but I assume it was bagged and taped in the box somewhere.

Reaction score
He's available on ShopDisney. $24.99. Use SHIPMAGIC for free shipping on orders over $75.

Reaction score
He's available on ShopDisney. $24.99. Use SHIPMAGIC for free shipping on orders over $75.

Are there any other Shop Disney coupons for a % off right now?

Reaction score
ANH Han is a glaring omission in my large, OT-focused collection, but this likeness is just so dodgy. It feels like a crime to pay close to 35 dollars for it after shipping and tax.

Reaction score
I'm sticking with the original 2013, this one doesn't look any better, imo. Same with the new Farmboy Luke.

Reaction score
Pulse appears to be processing Han for shipment. I got a charge for mine this morning.

Reaction score
I'm probably passing on this one. I really wished they took the opportunity to fix his long neck along with the new headsculpt.

I'm still maintaining the SH Figuarts Han as my default ANH Han.

Reaction score
I'm probably passing on this one. I really wished they took the opportunity to fix his long neck along with the new headsculpt.

I'm still maintaining the SH Figuarts Han as my default ANH Han.
I have SHF Han but still picked this up for nostalgic packaging.

Reaction score
$25 still feels too high for this & Luke, but looking forward to waiting on a ShopDisney deal. Disney Store exclusives have *always* gone on sale. Still regret dropping cash on that damaged Phasma who ended up easy to find.

Reaction score
Ugh, and I forgot to cancel mine after ordering through ShopDisney... 😖
The same thing just happened to me! My shopdisney order is supposed to arrive today, and this morning I get an e-mail saying that the Han that wasn't supposed to ship until November-December is on its way! More frustrating - all of the mall Disney shops near me are closed, so the only way to get my money back is to mail it back to Disney.

According to their site, it looks like you get a return label when the package arrives, so I assume it mean, unlike other online shops, you don't have to pay more money just to ship it back, so that's what I'll have to do. Hopefully I can cancel Greedo before it gets too late.

Reaction score
It was easy to return items to local Disney store. Unfortunately, I just looked at recent receipt from Shopdisney. It does have return label attached but states you must pay for return shipping thru UPS. :(

Reaction score
Okay, cracked him open and he is about what you would expect. Almost the same exact figure as before with photo real paint apps. I say "almost" because there are a few differences. First and foremost, he doesn't come with the extra, gloved, hands this time. He does have everything else though. I'm actually kind of surprised they included the Stormtrooper belt. The original POTF2 figure came with two blasters, and I could have easily seen Hasbro just including the two blasters for "accuracy", but hey...whatever. The DL-44 actually has a nicer, weathered paint job this time around. Also, the legs on my figure seem to be able to be posed much closer together than my two old figures. Anyway, I really just got this for the updated paint apps and I am pretty happy with them. A lot of times when they try using this technique on older figures, it doesn't quite look as good, but I think Han turned out really well.

20210926_141940_resized (2).jpg

20210926_142002_resized (2).jpg

Here he is with the first Han that I got back in the day:

20210926_142257_resized (2).jpg

Somewhere along the way, I came across one with what I felt was a much better paint job:

20210926_142208_resized (2).jpg

My major complaint is, I received a figure with two left upper arms! It's not the end of the world, but it does tick me off. Also, his holster was a little warped in the packaging. Nothing a little heat can't fix though,

Reaction score
Okay, cracked him open and he is about what you would expect. Almost the same exact figure as before with photo real paint apps. I say "almost" because there are a few differences. First and foremost, he doesn't come with the extra, gloved, hands this time. He does have everything else though. I'm actually kind of surprised they included the Stormtrooper belt. The original POTF2 figure came with two blasters, and I could have easily seen Hasbro just including the two blasters for "accuracy", but hey...whatever. The DL-44 actually has a nicer, weathered paint job this time around. Also, the legs on my figure seem to be able to be posed much closer together than my two old figures. Anyway, I really just got this for the updated paint apps and I am pretty happy with them. A lot of times when they try using this technique on older figures, it doesn't quite look as good, but I think Han turned out really well.
He looks better than I thought he would! Again, as much as I like the SHF figure, I have this OCD thing about mixing SHF and Black Series. I'm happy to finally have a Black Series ANH Han I can put alongside the more recent PhotoReal figures.

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, I'm happy with him.

This is what I was talking about with the legs. On my old Hans, the legs don't go any closer together than this:

20210926_153830_resized (2).jpg

And here's Han with the POTF2 Luke:

20210926_154149_resized (2).jpg

Reaction score

View attachment 402024

View attachment 402028

Here he is with the first Han that I got back in the day:

View attachment 402029

Somewhere along the way, I came across one with what I felt was a much better paint job:

View attachment 402030

My major complaint is, I received a figure with two left upper arms! It's not the end of the world, but it does tick me off. Also, his holster was a little warped in the packaging. Nothing a little heat can't fix though,
I'd complain about the arm.

Reaction score

That Luke rolling up to Docking Bay 94 like...

byrne-david-dancing.gif

Reaction score
That's actually a surprising amount of improvement, and I'd almost be tempted but it somehow seems to make the neck look even longer.

Has anyone found a way to make the head sit a little lower without requiring power tools?

Reaction score
I doubt that there would be any way of shortening the neck short of a dremel. May just try it now that I have one I can sacrifice.

Reaction score
Just received my Han Solo from Pulse.
Pretty much the body is the same, head/face much better than the original.
But the holster is smaller and the belt much tightened and a little smaller, not too much room to move it around like the original release, could be because they have used the mold too many times, pistol/gun seems smaller too, but better paint.

Attachments

• 20210927_183457.jpg
    20210927_183457.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210927_183436.jpg
    20210927_183436.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210927_183410.jpg
    20210927_183410.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 20210927_183039.jpg
    20210927_183039.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210927_183032.jpg
    20210927_183032.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210927_182801.jpg
    20210927_182801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210927_182618.jpg
    20210927_182618.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics everyone.

Am I seeing things, or does the neck on the POTF2 version seem paler than the original? I'm assuming it's the overly "flushed" look that PhotoReal gives the face, opposed to the more uniform color on the face and neck of the original, but it is really eye-catching in a bad way.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics everyone.

Am I seeing things, or does the neck on the POTF2 version seem paler than the original? I'm assuming it's the overly "flushed" look that PhotoReal gives the face, opposed to the more uniform color on the face and neck of the original, but it is really eye-catching in a bad way.
the neck flesh color is a little pale, compare to the head flesh.

Reaction score
at the very least they should have redone the neck with the hidden dumbbell join.