Han Solo - POTF2 (LFL50)

Reaction score
Han Solo - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary).
Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
and
Shop-Disney-Icon-20px.png
Exclusive. MSRP is $26.49. Available for pre-order on Friday June 18 at approximately 1pm EST at Pulse here. On shelf Fall 2021.
Eric Franer - Hasbro Star Wars Product Designer said:
As we continue to celebrate Lucasfilm’s 50th Anniversary, we wanted to get the iconic Power of The Force packaging into the line! Han and Luke are both updated with our photoreal deco for their likeness and Greedo has the same execution as his previous release.

Press Images

Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  

Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Han-Solo-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was so hopeful for new head sculpts for ANH Han and Luke... I'll have to see this up close, but likely a pass since I already have two of the original release.

Reaction score
I see the neck being a fraction long... I plan on getting it simply because with Chewbacca and now Jaxxon, I now need Han.
1623946434688.png

Reaction score
Is there a better 6" Han Solo in this style? I know there's old Han, Hoth Han, ... but this is the best ANH Han, right?

Reaction score
I'm torn on this, as I don't have an ANH Han, but the promo-photo haircut seems to look worse in the packaged photo vs. the posed figure. I might have to see this in person, which is unlikely.

Reaction score
The cheapest of those I see in e-bay is $75... I don't really even want 6" figures... so I shan't be doing that.

And I did LOL when I saw the "in person" comment above. LOOL

Reaction score
I had to modify mine when I got the original. I couldn't stand how long the neck was.

On the plus side, they did package the Stormtrooper belt separately. I can't remember which one, but I think one of the previous release ones had both belts on the figure in the box.

Reaction score
It took me a minute to realize this is a 6" release. Made the same mistake about the Target TCW releases. When I'm looking at images on my phone I couldn't tell at first.

Reaction score
Got into TBS too late to get the original, but ehhh to this re-release. If it's around a while, I might cave. But for now I'll just use my Endor Han if I need a vest-based figure. And I'll keep refreshing the sites of various importers to try to get a Figuarts one...

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a PhotoReal version of this figure since Photoreal was introduced. His older sculpt is balanced out for me by all the accessories (especially since I've got 3-4 copies of the original release for the extra glove hands). I'm ordering at least two!

Reaction score
Whats up with this neck? Just a bad photo angle? Look at the comparison at about the same scale. Giraffe neck figure?
han.jpghansolo.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did anyone preorder? I kinda forgot about it but it's supposed to be on Shopdisney eventually right?

Reaction score
I PO'd him and Luke at Hasbro Pulse with ease. Don't care about the packaging, but I am a sucker for photo real...I didn't want to re-buy these but I am also weak.

Reaction score
Man, POTF2 was totally my era as a kid and I'm still not interested in these.

I'd pick up a Boba to leave carded if they ever did him in POTF2 style but that's about it.

Reaction score
Well, the eyes at least aren't Hasbro's fault - Lucasfilm told them to change their original round-eyed sculpt. https://www.poeghostal.com/images/sw/greedo_ee.jpg
Does Disney/Lucasfilm also determine which single figure out of every 100 gets calf-swivels? I remember hearing somewhere that they had this nonsensical injunction against double elbow-joints on most figures (unless, like ANH Luke and Leia, they had fabric costumes hiding the joints) so it wouldn't surprise me if they responsible for that, too...🤔

Reaction score
Does Disney/Lucasfilm also determine which single figure out of every 100 gets calf-swivels? I remember hearing somewhere that they had this nonsensical injunction against double elbow-joints on most figures (unless, like ANH Luke and Leia, they had fabric costumes hiding the joints) so it wouldn't surprise me if they responsible for that, too...🤔
This was years ago, but I did once hear from a fairly close-to-Hasbro source that whoever at Lucasfilm approved the action figures didn't like the look of double-elbow joints. Hasbro got away with them on troopers for a while, and they're evidently acceptable when they're hidden by fabric. It would make sense, since even the trooper double-joints have now been phased out, and even the Figuarts Star Wars figures had few double-jointed elbows, even though they use them frequently on their other SHF brands.

That said, I wasn't told this by someone on the Hasbro brand team or anything, so I don't know how accurate it is. But circumstantial evidence definitely suggests it could be.

That said, I feel as if the industry in general is moving away from double-hinge elbows - which, admittedly, do tend to give arms a lanky look - and toward creatively-designed single-ball-jointed elbows that offer a double-hinge-like range of motion. You see this in McFarlane's and NECA's more recent offerings, for example.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I took matters into my own amateur hands.

I believe if Hasbro did this simple tweak, these would have sold out in minutes. I bet it took them longer to design the card than it would have taken them to make a hair piece mold from their existing ANH Han to use with the Bespin Han head sculpt, which already has a separate hair piece, and stick it on the old body, which most everyone agrees is great despite limited articulation by current standards.

I still have to clean up the paint in the hair, and maybe a touch of sculpt work, which I won't be able to do near as well as Hasbro, but in hand he looks great. This is really what I thought they had planned for the eventual photo real rerelease of this figure. It just blows me away that the toy maker doesn't understand how easy it is to go from a languishing peg warmer to a sell-out product using design work that they ALREADY OWN!!

IMG_0733c.jpgIMG_0725 c.jpg

Reaction score
I took matters into my own amateur hands.

I believe if Hasbro did this simple tweak, these would have sold out in minutes. I bet it took them longer to design the card than it would have taken them to make a hair piece mold from their existing ANH Han to use with the Bespin Han head sculpt, which already has a separate hair piece, and stick it on the old body, which most everyone agrees is great despite limited articulation by current standards.

I still have to clean up the paint in the hair, and maybe a touch of sculpt work, which I won't be able to do near as well as Hasbro, but in hand he looks great. This is really what I thought they had planned for the eventual photo real rerelease of this figure. It just blows me away that the toy maker doesn't understand how easy it is to go from a languishing peg warmer to a sell-out product using design work that they ALREADY OWN!!

View attachment 389806View attachment 389807
That looks so much better! They should have done this for sure. Same with Leia using a better sculpt from Hoth and change some details and Farmboy Luke and most definitely for ROTS Obi-wan using the CW headsculpt.