Han Solo Mudtrooper - #78

Reaction score
Surprised to see no one mention this yet, as we have all been clamoring for a mud trooper:

873952EB-A703-42CD-9773-25FAF9665634.jpeg

Reaction score
Oh ****, that looks sick. I really enjoyed Alden's Han Solo but I'll probably display this guy as a generic trooper with the helmet and mask on.

Reaction score
Oh so hyped! I've been waiting all day for reveals and ended up forgetting they were coming lol

Reaction score
The weapon is interesting as well, has that submachine gun feel to it.

Definitely, like an Mp40. Which is fitting for the German aesthetic the Imperials usually have

bTyCfta.jpg

And like almost every new imperial weapon they've introduced in the new films, its base it still the E-11, which itself is using a Sterling submachine gun as a base (with its stock folded)

4utBYgN.jpg

0hp8x6p.jpg

They just put a bunch of stuff on it

eyuWOqI.jpg

Like a modern pdw stock

57vkg7Z.jpg

Whats super cool is it looks like that grip on the BS figure actually folds in and out. Theres a notch in the grip for it to fold into the front of the gun

Reaction score
I would've preferred an anonymous Mudtrooper for army-building but oh well. Fortunately, such a figure would require only a new head sculpt. Plus, Han was a Mudtrooper, not in disguise as one, so technically this is a Mudtrooper figure.

Reaction score
The goggles will need an elastic band for this to work as a Mudtrooper. If they're sculpted that would be a huge misstep from Hasbro. Get two figures out in one release. I don't care if there is another Han head under the Mudtrooper helmet, I won't see it.

Getting two as long as the goggles go down.

Reaction score
The goggles will need an elastic band for this to work as a Mudtrooper. If they're sculpted that would be a huge misstep from Hasbro. Get two figures out in one release. I don't care if there is another Han head under the Mudtrooper helmet, I won't see it.

Probably sculpted to make sure people buy the actual mud trooper later

Reaction score
Don't feel the goggles are movable either. In any event, I still want my Mudtrooper to have the hood (cloth cape?) and shoulder clip accessories (didn't see one here). Full count at the plate, Hasbro. :D

Reaction score

At the Hasbro Panel the Hasbro rep, Eric, said the Gas mask, helmet, and goggles were removable. And said that you could put it all back on to have a troop builder. So it sounds like Hasbro had that in mind, but we'll have to wait and see how well they executed it. I'm anxious to see how well it looks as a generic trooper.

Reaction score
At the Hasbro Panel the Hasbro rep, Eric, said the Gas mask, helmet, and goggles were removable. And said that you could put it all back on to have a troop builder. So it sounds like Hasbro had that in mind, but we'll have to wait and see how well they executed it. I'm anxious to see how well it looks as a generic trooper.
That's great news!

Reaction score
Thanks! I hadn't found that info yet. Definitely buying two and honestly a big fan of this to birds with one stone approach.

PLEASE PLEASE don't be a damn exclusive! This is going to be one hot seller.

Reaction score
I'm loving it, that's my most wanted figure from the movie! The plastic cape sucks but I can work with it.

Reaction score
I'm in for three. Two as anonymous troopers, one as a dueling partner with the "beast."

Reaction score
I prefer plastic capes when they're are minimal and don't hinder articulation like this one. But I wish they'd have made it consistent with the Stormtrooper and Mudtrooper.

I'd totally be down for a Chewie with a primal rage face and caked in mud with a Han without the cape and everything caked in mud. But a lot of work for figures we really don't need.

We officially have the same amount of Solo and Rogue One figures, but Solo has a vehicle.

So of the 14 RO figures 4 were the Shoretrooper mould, 2 were the Deathtroopers just one had an extra part, and the Jyns shared bodies except arms, heads, and gear.

Of the 14 Solo figures only the Mimban Stormtrooper and Chewie reuse previous moulds but with new parts added. Everything else is all new. And to be fair the Solo figures are amazing compared to Rogue One. I preferred Rogue One as a movie but if I had to decide to only have one set of figures I'd be Solo all the way. Much more variety and honestly more interesting designs. But I still love the Rogue One designs. And honestly the Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper beat Range Trooper but he's still very cool.

Reaction score
At the Hasbro Panel the Hasbro rep, Eric, said the Gas mask, helmet, and goggles were removable.

I guess that settles that. It's a plus, but still waiting for MY Mudtrooper. :D Plastic cape/hood would be just as fine if need be. I'll give them a bases loaded, bottom ninth, game winning run at the plate this time.

Reaction score
Honestly Hasbro needs to hire me as a full-time figure poser. :grin: Black series figures are always in the goofiest and most unnatural poses when on display at conventions.

Reaction score
Hasbro’s Ehrenreich sculpt doesn’t look all that much like Ford to begin with (Ehrenreich himself sometimes seems to, from certain angles) so I wouldn’t even have needed the goggles and mask for army-building purposes, but that’s certainly good news. More functional gear is always a plus. B)

One other thought: the first Ehrenreich Solo figure is “a little short for a Stormtrooper” since he’s not quite as tall as the first Black Series Han (who is almost exactly the same height as the standard Stormtrooper buck), and it remains to be seen whether this second one will follow suit, but perhaps that’s appropriate for the Imperial Army infantry, whom you’d expect to have slightly less exacting standards of recruitment than the Stormtrooper Corps.

Reaction score
This is what happens when you got a satellite crew at a con. They don't make sure the damn hand stays on. :grin: I will say this is probably one of the rougher protos I've seen them show.

I just can't believe they didn't take one pic with the helemt on. But perhaps it's that early of a proto it won't go on, or simply didn't want to ruin the paint.

Reaction score
Oh no...I didnt know Han got his hand blown off in the Mimban campaign...{sigh}.

Wow! haha

Have to say it again though, what a fantastic looking figure and with the news about the head accessories, will definitely be picking up a few of these to go with my Mimban Stormies!

Reaction score
I plan to just keep the mask and helmet on and make him a standard trooper.

Me too. For the sequel and standalone films 6" line, I am not in the business of collecting a figure of every character's outfit. Instead, I buy the most notable/memorable outfit from the film and call it a day. But in this case I will be keeping the mask on and have Han be a standard mudtrooper.

Reaction score
What would be nice is if we got a running change with the armband being white!

Reaction score
Yakface reported on this figure weeks back (at the time they weren't sure if he'd be in Mudtrooper gear or his Mimban fur coat) and said that it wouldn't be until early 2019. So we've got a ways to go ...

Reaction score
Yakface reported on this figure weeks back (at the time they weren't sure if he'd be in Mudtrooper gear or his Mimban fur coat) and said that it wouldn't be until early 2019. So we've got a ways to go ...
5wpj.jpg

Reaction score
Ha. Exactly. I'm starting to wish they'd hold off on reveals until the figures are only a few months out. These six- and nine-month waits are torturous.

Reaction score
This is awesome! Early 2019 huh? I know there's toy conventions around February time frame so perfect timing to show this off.

Reaction score
Ha. Exactly. I'm starting to wish they'd hold off on reveals until the figures are only a few months out. These six- and nine-month waits are torturous.

Thats nothing. Mafex puts figures up for pre order a year in advance. Figuarts teases figures they sometimes never release. Or they appear out of no where 2 years later lol

Reaction score

This might be helpful to the line in the long run however...if they announce closer to the beginning of a production run they can gauge interest though forums like these and social media (at least be able to see what people are very crazy about versus lukewarm on) and that can help for the next products they decide to green light for pre-production...maybe we will see more of what we all want versus 4-5 different versions of Kylo Ren

Reaction score
Indeed, but this figure should have been in the first wave to begin with.