Han Solo - May 25, 2018

Reaction score
He seemed very well trained for just about anything, so I assume he could have survived long enough to find a secured cabin. Or it's possible that Ezra saved him from that fate. Who knows.

If played by the right actor, Thrawn checks several boxes for a cool Villain.

Reaction score
Why not just go with his voice actor Lars Mikkelsen? He could certainly look the part as well. Plus, the blue skin would conceal his facial similarities to his brother Mads Mikkelsen (Galen Erso)

Reaction score
I dunno. YT-1300's seem to be pretty common. like a ford mustang.
if I had lost my car in a game of poker.. I'd probably just buy a new one..?

Reaction score
Looks like there is plan to bring a solo series to new Disney streaming service in late 2020..
I loved the movie.. Hopefully it happens..
There is a YouTube video from celebration where the new guy that plays Chewbacca states he will be quite busy with other projects including the new Disney streaming service and playing the role of everybody's favorite wookie..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like there is plan to bring a solo series to new Disney streaming service in late 2020..
I loved the movie.. Hopefully it happens..
There is a YouTube video from celebration where the new guy that plays Chewbacca states he will be quite busy with other projects including the new Disney streaming service and playing the role of everybody's favorite wookie..
Nice! Hopefully that's the case because a series would be awesome.

Reaction score
Indeed. They really need to finish up the story and wrap up the Darth Maul shenanigans now that the proverbial carrot has been dangled.

Reaction score
I'd be ok with a Han Solo series. It would be nice if they could leave out Maul though. Bring back Jabba!!!

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a Solo series either, to wrap up what Solo started. One season, depending on number of episodes. And have it end shortly before he meets Luke in the Cantina.

Reaction score
Looks like there is plan to bring a solo series to new Disney streaming service in late 2020..I loved the movie.. Hopefully it happens..There is a YouTube video from celebration where the new guy that plays Chewbacca states he will be quite busy with other projects including the new Disney streaming service and playing the role of everybody's favorite wookie..
Interesting. I really enjoyed Solo & felt it was actually superior to both of the ST films (though I still liked Rouge One best of all the Disney SW films).

That being said, I'm not sure how I would feel about a Solo TV series. If it were animated, great. However, a live-action series - using the same actors from the film?! I don't know. What worked great for a film may not translate well into a TV show. We'll see.

Reaction score
a live action series with the Solo actors would be pretty dope and provide more time for various adventures. Disney seems to be aiming at 8 episodes for star wars and marvel, so that's basically 4 movies worth of screen time. I really hope it happens but I worry the rumor was born from people reading posts saying a Solo series would be cool and running with it.

GNT

Reaction score
Would be cool to have a mini series of some kind and it's not like Alden and Joonas are mega movie stars anyways, Disney is doing Marvel mini-series so why not something other than the Mando show? They'll need content for the new Disney+ channel (even though they've got quite a library anyways).

Reaction score
Yeah, a mini series with 8 episodes would be cool. They could start with one arc and see how it's received and leave the first season open so they could bring more adventures with Han and Chewie if the first one goes over well.

I'd even be ok with them going back to his time at the academy and when he first went to Mimban. They could felsh out some of those things from the film and then show some adventures with Chewie.

Reaction score
Yeah, a mini series with 8 episodes would be cool. They could start with one arc and see how it's received and leave the first season open so they could bring more adventures with Han and Chewie if the first one goes over well.

I'd even be ok with them going back to his time at the academy and when he first went to Mimban. They could felsh out some of those things from the film and then show some adventures with Chewie.
Would be a good adaption of the Han Solo Imperial Cadet 5 issue mini-series from Marvel

Reaction score
I would actually prefer to see NuHan on Disney+ rather than more feature films with the same cast. this would be better than a Cassian Andor show (IMO).

(and/or have NuHan and Chewie show up on the Mando Show at some point -- I don't think we'll see them in another movie but I wouldn't mind seeing them again on TV).

Reaction score
I would actually prefer to see NuHan on Disney+ rather than more feature films with the same cast. this would be better than a Cassian Andor show (IMO).

(and/or have NuHan and Chewie show up on the Mando Show at some point -- I don't think we'll see them in another movie but I wouldn't mind seeing them again on TV).
I'd much, much, rather new shows with new characters. Disney need to move away from their copy and pastes and I include their 'Solo' movie in that as well. Even in their TV fare, we're getting a Boba Fett wannabe in 'The Mandalorian' (even if I am really looking forward to it).

The only thing they have planned in the near future that's original IS the Cassian Andor TV show.

As for NuHan, that can just feck off. Ehrenreich wasn't good in the role. He didn't act like Solo and he didn't look like Solo, no matter what excuses are made for him and the film in general. And even if the film wasn't a total disaster, I simply don't want them to destroy that character any more than they have already. Now, a series set during the time period involving crime outfits and whatnot, great. Just not with Hank bleedin Solo. Because that isn't going to work.

Make new characters. It's not that hard.

Reaction score
Would be a good adaption of the Han Solo Imperial Cadet 5 issue mini-series from Marvel
That would be an interesting time period. We never saw Han at the academy in the film, except for deleted scenes. It would basically be something new with a known character and it would probably be fun to watch.
T

Reaction score
Make new characters. It's not that hard.
It would be nice to see them go this route. Even if the Mandalorian is a Fett wannabe, the show looks good and I'm excited about it. They could make new rebels and imperials and we'd enjoy those as well. maybe even have some regular aliens in some of the shows.

Reaction score
It would be nice to see them go this route. Even if the Mandalorian is a Fett wannabe, the show looks good and I'm excited about it. They could make new rebels and imperials and we'd enjoy those as well. maybe even have some regular aliens in some of the shows.
I think that's part of the raison d'etre of 'The Mandalorian' TV show and Cassian Andor too. It's to test the waters with "new" Star Wars characters to see how the audience will take to them, before green lighting entirely new movie projects. A lot of fans and casuals alike weren't/aren't that fussed about Rey, Finn and Poe, for reasons that have been elaborated on here and elsewhere, and I think Disney have understood that they misfired to a degree there and are using TV as a test case, even if the Mandalorian is really a cut price Boba Fett.

But, yeh, they also need to get away form hooking everything on familiar faces too, because they've made a balls of that as well. It's a fear of theirs that I find remarkable really. People just want new stories with new characters in a familiar setting. I mean, half the battle is done here.

Reaction score
^^^ I’ve always suspected that the Cassian series will just be a starting point that introduces other stories and new characters of that specific era: And that era’s battlezone/espionage setting is ripe for endless intrigue. He won’t be always present in all the episodes. At least, if they were smart, that’s what they would do. Because, as solid as the RO-ensemble are (and RO has gradually emerged as my fav SW story), Cassian remains the weakest link. I suspect— and hoping for the same, with The Mandolarian.

Hopefully SW hiatus from the big screen means that they’re actually investing the time for new stories, new characters and most importantly for me— fresh new designs akin to the brand of original aesthetic from TPM. Enough with 3rd-rate OT-ripoffs and MCU-wannabes.

(You know, people always parrot the usual “Solo was a story no one wanted…” And the same could be said for RO— except RO was a solid story with strong characters, and a refreshing take on classic OT-designs. It was true to the spirit and tone of SW, and not desperately trying to rip-off that Marvel tone. And that’s what’s ultimately of importance: Winning over the skeptical audience with something they may have never wanted.

Alden’s harmless baby-Han was just an embarrassingly timid offering overall. Do people really want to see more of that cutesy-ness…??? But then again, Han’s character was already hugely diminished way back in ROTJ. How anyone can not be just a tad offended by how low the characterr devolved into by ROTJ, is just purely going on blind loyalty to his character in the first 2 films. And Sequel-Han was just a hilariously depressing sight: 80yo and still hands-on smuggling with his old mate… and dressed the same as he did 30some years ago… :sigh:...)

Reaction score
^

Andor was perfectly fine for me. He serves well as a Rebel intel operative and he shows the shady side of war, which was very refreshing. Can there be a whole show about that? I don't know. Maybe a one/two shot series of about 8 to 10 episodes, but I can't see it running for years and it probably shouldn't. For the first series, I'd say part of it will settle on Andor finding and reprogramming K2SO. That might be the central hook of S01.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it and 'The Mandalorian' too.

On Han Solo, sure Ford was done with him by the time of ROTJ and phoned in the performance but I don't think the character was that diminished really. He still served his purpose and it was the closer in a trilogy of films where he was more of a support than anything. 'Return of the Jedi' certainly had its problems though.

'Solo', on the other hand, was just unbelievably meh in every respect and I think the reason it gets a pass from a lot of fans is because it didn't totally suck like 'The Last Jedi'. Although, like you, I'm still surprised that some people want to see more of somebody pretending to be Harrison Ford/Han Solo. That's just a bad idea right from the get go.

And, yes, 'Rogue One' was a "story no one wanted", but they didn't greet the news of it with complete apathy, the way that 'Solo' was. People were intrigued by 'Rogue One'. The overwhelming reception to 'Solo' was "Eh...wha? Why?" A lot of folk rightly figured out what it was going to be, what the story beats were and how it was going to play out, before they even bothered to set foot in the cinema. Hardly a recipe for enticement.

Reaction score
^^^ I’d imagine Disney would invest all the effort in a solid production of Cassian and The Madolarian for at least one Season to sell their brand new channel.They really need these to be hits, then of course the Seasons would be extended. And they know it’s the adult nerds that will make or break these for them, so no more trying to be down with the kidz, and they’re now running back to the adult nerds that they so arrogantly rejected at the start of this Sequel LOL

But yes, there are only so many stories that can exist for the concepts before the show (Cassian and Mandolarian) wears thin. Or, conversely, if the show does become huge, then like many series— the storytelling element will plummet with only expensive spectacles to hype it: Just look at GoT: Gorgeous production-value and cinematic action sets as the Seasons progressed and the show grew in popularity. But the actual storytelling devolved to bottom-rung stupidity, right next to Transformers/Fast & Furious brand of "storytelling": it’s all about being bada55... ugh... I think the storytelling for the premiere Season of these two SW series will be solid. It’s the latter ones if these series become hits that I’d be concern with.

(I suppose in theory, Solo could potentially be a success if it were given the same treatment and investment as these two. They’d have to recast all the characters, and definitely recast Han and give everything a mature-makeover.)

Reaction score
^^^ I’d imagine Disney would invest all the effort in a solid production of Cassian and The Madolarian for at least one Season to sell their brand new channel.They really need these to be hits, then of course the Seasons would be extended. And they know it’s the adult nerds that will make or break these for them, so no more trying to be down with the kidz, and they’re now running back to the adult nerds that they so arrogantly rejected at the start of this Sequel LOL

Most definitely. Part of the reason why these TV shows exist in the first place is a market requirement for Disney's new "channel" and I think you're correct in the assessment that they have figured on a certain kind of retreat regarding their position with the "adult nerds" as you call them. There's a significant and consistent downward trend in Star Wars profitability since 2015 and they want to halt or, preferably, reverse that.

I'd like to see them do it too, despite my criticism of their action so far, but only on the terms that they produce quality Star Wars entertainment which, in my humble opinion, they have been tragically short of doing.

And at the risk of sounding like a tedious bore, for which I apologise, 'Rogue One' should be the modern template.

But yes, there are only so many stories that can exist for the concepts before the show
(Cassian and Mandolarian) wears thin.

And this is where Disney are in a bit of a conundrum. Both the Cassian and the Mandalorian shows don't really lend themselves to a series where it doesn't were thin, because the concepts are relatively thin to begin with.

(I suppose in theory,
Solo could potentially be a success if it were given the same treatment and investment as these two. They’d have to recast all the characters, and definitely recast Han and give everything a mature-makeover.)
That's an absolute no for me. The OT characters have had their time and it's over. Those actors brought so much of themselves to those roles that any recast will inevitably just seem like a poor riff and therefore a failure like Ehrenreich's.

Keep the setting, change the characters. In the GFFA, there can be many, many stories, with many, many characters. To which, I'm often reminded of an old movie called 'The Naked City', where the final line is "There are eight million stories in the naked city, this has been just one of them."

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
'Solo', on the other hand, was just unbelievably meh in every respect and I think the reason it gets a pass from a lot of fans is because it didn't totally suck like 'The Last Jedi'. Although, like you, I'm still surprised that some people want to see more of somebody pretending to be Harrison Ford/Han Solo. That's just a bad idea right from the get go.

And, yes, 'Rogue One' was a "story no one wanted", but they didn't greet the news of it with complete apathy, the way that 'Solo' was. People were intrigued by 'Rogue One'. The overwhelming reception to 'Solo' was "Eh...wha? Why?" A lot of folk rightly figured out what it was going to be, what the story beats were and how it was going to play out, before they even bothered to set foot in the cinema. Hardly a recipe for enticement.
Rogue On worked out perfectly, one of the best Disney Star Wars movies yet. It worked well in setting everything up for ANH.

As for Solo, the movie was fine and I liked everything about it. The trouble is Star Wars fatigue which played a part as TLJ left a bad taste in everyones mouth plus from memory it was up against tough competition around that time (Avengers Infinity War or something like that?).

Star Wars doesn't have to be defined by the one actor as a certain character. Recasting happens all the time, give it time when they want to explore more OT periods they'll find new actors to fill the boots of Luke or Leia if need be.

Reaction score
we may be overthinking it. so far the mandalorian is only confirmed for 8 episodes (aka: 8 hours of screen time).

when we think of it as a classic "TV series" format then this seems like an open ended proposition...
like a Star Trek series, where they set up a 'status quo' and then keep that ball rolling ad infinitum.

but I think it will be more like a classic TV "miniseries" format (like 1980's Shogun -- which itself was about 12 hours or something).
for all we know, they will tell a self-contained story in 8 hours of screen time, and then move on.

Reaction score
As for Solo, the movie was fine and I liked everything about it. The trouble is Star Wars fatigue which played a part as TLJ left a bad taste in everyones mouth plus from memory it was up against tough competition around that time (Avengers Infinity War or something like that?).
Uh no, a good movie is a good movie. Franchise fatigue is nonsense. Now, TLJ having left a bad taste in people mouth might account for some of it. Boycotting and all. But if you're a true fan, you go see it and make the determination for yourself.

Purposely trying to make a movie fail by not watching it isn't going to prove point, it just prevents future product we might actually want to see.

Reaction score
Star Wars doesn't have to be defined by the one actor as a certain character. Recasting happens all the time, give it time when they want to explore more OT periods they'll find new actors to fill the boots of Luke or Leia if need be.
As much as Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are Luke and Leia for me, I'd have no problem with recasts to make shows or a miniseries about Luke and Leia before and during the OT.

I think Solo and even RO (had they not killed everybody) would have worked well in the series format. I enjoyed Solo, but they crammed so much stuff into just one film and they really could have made 6-8 epsiodes out of all of what they had. Yes, his time at the academy and on Momban would have had to have been shown or extended, but even the heist could have been made into a one-hour episode. With RO they could have put the team together and had a few different jobs they did in a mini series and have it end with the DS plans or something else.

I can understand when having less of certain characters is more and that's fine. If the Mandalorian does well, then Disney will know for sure, it's ok to make completely new characters and put them in familiar settings. You don't always need a main from one of the trilogies, like Vader, to get people to watch something like that.

Of course, I still want an Obi-Wan mini series or film.

Reaction score
Rogue On worked out perfectly, one of the best Disney Star Wars movies yet. It worked well in setting everything up for ANH.
Agree completely. It's a perfect example of a prequel that works without interfering with an original product. Unlike, say...the prequels. :grin:

I just don't buy this "Star Wars fatigue" business at all, I'm afraid. If the films were uniformly good, there'd be no issues. It's Disney's oddball approach to the sequel films and the bad attempt to recast an OT character that didn't need a backstory that has folk tolling their eyes.

But it didn't have to be that way.

Disney had good will from most of the fans and a huge playground in which to develop their Stars Wars films and they made a mess of it. So much so, that they are halting everything, movie wise, and going on hiatus. That's pretty much an admittance on their behalf.

When you recast a character, you lose much of that character. It's almost inevitable. It's especially so when that character is played originally by what are essentially character actors. Ford, although he was a mega star, was really just a glorified character actor. In other words, he wasn't a great actor in the sense that Lawrence Olivier or Sean Penn are. He brings far too much of himself to a role, so you are always aware that you're watching Harrison Ford. Because of that, you don't get to recast his roles, without losing a lot and the same goes for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

And just because recasting happens all the time, it doesn't mean it's truly successful any of the time.

In any case, Star Wars doesn't need to go down this route at all. It's a big galaxy, with lots and lots of potential characters. Write new characters, it really isn't that difficult and to paraphrase you, Star Wars doesn't have to be defined by the OT three.

Reaction score
Only bad thing about Solo is that it's resulted in me saying "adventures" an inordinate amount of times.

Reaction score
In any case, Star Wars doesn't need to go down this route at all. It's a big galaxy, with lots and lots of potential characters. Write new characters, it really isn't that difficult and to paraphrase you, Star Wars doesn't have to be defined by the OT three.
I don’t expect Disney to reach out of their comfort zone— and more importantly to them, their profit zone and introduce all new characters/worlds/designs from a yet-to-be-filmed era— like the Old Republic/pre-Prequel, etc. until they’ve completely exhausted the OT-era for that last bit of profit.

If RO-quality is what they’re offering with Cassian/The Mandolarian, than I’m not complaining (...yet). And… if they’re going to insist on a (young) Solo series, they need to recast all-new characters, and most importantly, recast someone capable as a young Han, and give it similar tone to RO’s, then I’m open to it (cuz that Solo movie doesn’t exist to me). At this point, I have to be a realist and not pine for the unattainable, given the context. You know, George genuinely made an attempt at something new with TPM, and it ended up being the most hated SW episode of fandom. Sure— the movie was a boring mess, but his intentions were so admirable. I don’t blame George for despising the generally conservative fandom that just wants Han/Leia/Luke and Falcon/X-Wing/TIE all the time.

(I don’t care to see Mark/Harrison/Billy ever again in any SW story. I’ve nothing against them or their characters. It’s not just that their parts and their inclusion in this Sequel rendered their roles in the OT pointless, it’s also that their story was told and done with in ROTJ. Please move on now— and move on from the horrendous Scooby Doo simpletons of this Sequel’s and Solo’s brand of “characters” while they’re at it.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before -- I'm new to this thread.

I was looking at my Lego's this morning, specifically Han's speeder, Moloch's speeder, and the Imperial Patrol speeder/troopers. It occurred to me that the chase on Corellia was very symbolic of Han's life, always running from either the established Order on one side, or the dark underbelly of society on the other, taking what he can because nothing is given freely; and the momentum of his life carries him on, away from the women who love him, leaving them to manage the best they can afterward.

Twice in his life he stops running to do the responsible thing for those he loves. The first time, he is tortured, frozen, and nearly thrown into a monstrous pit. The second time, he dies.

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before -- I'm new to this thread.

I was looking at my Lego's this morning, specifically Han's speeder, Moloch's speeder, and the Imperial Patrol speeder/troopers. It occurred to me that the chase on Corellia was very symbolic of Han's life, always running from either the established Order on one side, or the dark underbelly of society on the other, taking what he can because nothing is given freely; and the momentum of his life carries him on, away from the women who love him, leaving them to manage the best they can afterward.

Twice in his life he stops running to do the responsible thing for those he loves. The first time, he is tortured, frozen, and nearly thrown into a monstrous pit. The second time, he dies.
very good point allthough wouldn't you consider him stopping from running to help the rebels at the death star attack?

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the film and would love to see another one, although at this point, I'd prefer a TV series for more Solo stuff.