Han Solo - May 25, 2018

Reaction score
No thanks. By definition Harrison Ford wouldn't be in it and nobody else will do.

I'm getting burnt out on all this already and VII isn't even anywhere near yet.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I would love to see the adventures of a young Han Solo- but I'm not sure if the silver screen is the right place. I could definitely see Han fitting into the LATV if that is ever produced, perhaps as a stand alone story arc.

Reaction score
Don't tempt them, Jub. They're liable to make a Young Han Solo SERIES, and that would go bad very quickly.

GNT

Reaction score
Maybe a younger Han Solo for when they reboot the OT characters.

Reaction score
Maybe a younger Han Solo for when they reboot the OT characters.
I hope I never hear the words "reboot" and "OT characters" in the same sentence again.... :wtf:

Last edited:
Reaction score
...or it could be awesome. The weekly adventures of Han Solo's smuggling misadventures.....that could be "Firefly" epic.
...in that it'd be canceled after one (half) season? I love Firefly, but... no. For one thing, it'd most likely saddle Han & Chewie with a regular supporting cast, kinda like Bollux & Blue Max in the Han Solo Adventures only there'd be a female lead for romantic tension with Han, probably some other non-human type, and probably droids (admittedly it'd be fun if it actually WERE Bollux & Blue Max, for the early-EU cred) for comic relief. Some reprogrammed Battle Droid or Pit Droid ala the guy from the Gascon arc, 'Roger roger'ing around, making wisecracks, translating for Chewie or something when Han wasn't around.

The adventures of a Han-TYPE smuggler in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn't mind. But Young Han Solo? All I see are the pitfalls. The massive, yawning, bottomless pitfalls. The frequent 'ironic' remarks 'foreshadowing' his OT activities (Jabba making some crack about Han & his penchant for troublesome ladies being the end of him, yuk yuk yuk! Just like Obi-Wan in AOTC!), tons of references to the OT & PT, near-miss encounters with a young Leia... all stuff they've tackled in the 'young' Han Solo Trilogy, kinda.

Plus, it's really just more Prequel stuff! If there's "Dark Times" series, I'd rather explore characters OTHER than the main OT heroes.

Reaction score
I liked some of Young Indy. Way too many historical figures he'd befriend, date, clash against, etc... Kid Young Indy was a snoozefest for me (granted, I only watched one episode of THAT Young Indy, back when it premiered, and avoided the Kid ones ever after)

Reaction score
I liked young Indy and I really appreciate that Lucas was trying to teach folks some history with it. Skewed history - sure but there were many episodes that made me go to the library and learn more.

Reaction score
It's kind of sad to think that in a few generations going to the library will probably mean going over and grabbing an iPad 10

Reaction score
Don't tempt them, Jub. They're liable to make a Young Han Solo SERIES, and that would go bad very quickly.
A "Young Solo" series would be pretty bad, no argument there. Even though it would be a tease, perhaps we could see Han in a brief and limited capacity (such as a quick mention, or a silent background character)? I know your feelings on a Star Wars universe that is too small and coincidental, but this would be an opportunity to give a very cl**** nod to a beloved OT character, plus it would give him a feeling of context in the post-ROTS pre-ANH universe.

Reaction score
I'd rather see a prequel to the PT about how the republic was formed and the jedi order was founded. I know I can just go to the EU but I think it would make and interesting series for TV.

Reaction score
You can't have Han Solo without Harrison Ford - you just can't.

Reaction score
^
When the character is much too young for him to possibly play the role you can. I did'nt hear people belly aching about the casting change when River Phoenix played young Indy at the beginning of The Last Crusade.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would watch it. I don't think it's likely to be made, but Star Wars is Star Wars for me. They can reboot the OT characters twice a week, for all I care. I just want to see more stuff :D.

Reaction score
A "Young Solo" series would be pretty bad, no argument there. Even though it would be a tease, perhaps we could see Han in a brief and limited capacity (such as a quick mention, or a silent background character)? I know your feelings on a Star Wars universe that is too small and coincidental, but this would be an opportunity to give a very cl**** nod to a beloved OT character, plus it would give him a feeling of context in the post-ROTS pre-ANH universe.
What was censored in "cl****"? But I agree, a Han cameo would be fine. Just make it at some seedy spaceport, possibly a bar, a guy in Han-like clothes (ANH outfit, but maybe a shirt of a different color) w/ a Wookiee. Just passing thru, no big deal, doesn't shrink the galaxy too much.

Dash Rendar movie.
No. NO! Keep Dash away from everything. I'd rather a Han-type character that isn't so closely modeled after Han (aside from wacky outfit), OR goes on to be as tied into the Rebellion as Dash did. A smuggler in the Dark Times who was at his prime 5-10 years before ANH, not reaching it during OT-time. Someone NEW, and not someone with higher aspirations ala Karrde (running his own smuggling empire).

Reaction score
^
When the character is much too young for him to possibly play the role you can. I did'nt hear people belly aching about the casting change when River Phoenix played young Indy at the beginning of The Last Crusade.
That was a 10 minute scene. An entire series about a young Han Solo would probably be terrible, like the Young Indy series.

Reaction score
Harrison Ford is much too old to do a Han Solo movie and I while a movie about a younger Han could work, having a character like like the main focus of the movie would be difficult to do, it'd most likely end up the same as Kirk did from the 2009 Trek movie, i.e. a completely unlikeable, immature, pompous jerk. Seeing these characters in their youths just isn't a good idea, even if it sounds like it might be on paper.

Reaction score
Harrison Ford is much too old to do a Han Solo movie and I while a movie about a younger Han could work, having a character like like the main focus of the movie would be difficult to do, it'd most likely end up the same as Kirk did from the 2009 Trek movie, i.e. a completely unlikeable, immature, pompous jerk. Seeing these characters in their youths just isn't a good idea, even if it sounds like it might be on paper.

How dare you! Star Trek was an excellent movie directed by the brilliant JJ Abrams and if you don't agree then you're not a true Star Wars fan.

Reaction score
The movie was pretty enjoyable, despite being filled with some pretty glaring plot holes. My only real problem was how they portrayed Kirk, which like I said, was a bit too arrogant and cocky. It makes sense for someone like Kirk or Han to be like that in their youth, but it doesn't make them likable protagonists. But Trek is at least always about multiple characters, having an entire Star Wars movie revolving around a younger Han like that would just be insufferable.

Reaction score
I love JJ's take on young Kirk. We had to find him unlikable at first. Its called character growth and story progression. It would have been boring and annoying if they had made the guy a likeable hero right out of the box. That was NEVER Kirk. Kirk was ALWAYS a cocky bastage and if you don't think so you don't know Trek IMHO.

Reaction score
No. NO! Keep Dash away from everything.
Right, well, then old Han Solo movie where Han and Lando get the smuggling band back together.

Featuring a chase scene involving a bunch of TIEs following the Falcon around the inside of a third Death Star's mall plaza until one crashes and the rest all pile up behind it.

And at the end Carrie Fisher shows up trying to kill Han for running out on her.

Reaction score
Right, well, then old Han Solo movie where Han and Lando get the smuggling band back together.

Featuring a chase scene involving a bunch of TIEs following the Falcon around the inside of a third Death Star's mall plaza until one crashes and the rest all pile up behind it.

And at the end Carrie Fisher shows up trying to kill Han for running out on her.
It's a hundred and six light years to Coruscant, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Reaction score
Eh, you know, Han and Chewie was probably a better choice anyway. Not sure why my mind went right to Lando.

Lando would be one of the guys they go and try to get back.

Chewie would be there to eat the four whole fried womp rats.

Reaction score
What was censored in "cl****"? But I agree, a Han cameo would be fine. Just make it at some seedy spaceport, possibly a bar, a guy in Han-like clothes (ANH outfit, but maybe a shirt of a different color) w/ a Wookiee. Just passing thru, no big deal, doesn't shrink the galaxy too much.

No. NO! Keep Dash away from everything. I'd rather a Han-type character that isn't so closely modeled after Han (aside from wacky outfit), OR goes on to be as tied into the Rebellion as Dash did. A smuggler in the Dark Times who was at his prime 5-10 years before ANH, not reaching it during OT-time. Someone NEW, and not someone with higher aspirations ala Karrde (running his own smuggling empire).

Haha I wrote kla-ssy.

Reaction score
No thanks. By definition Harrison Ford wouldn't be in it and nobody else will do.

I'm getting burnt out on all this already and VII isn't even anywhere near yet.
Agreed.
I'm getting really tired with people wanting to rehash the old stuff just because they're out of ideas!

While it might be entertaining to an extent, we all know he survives past ROTJ.
So there would be no dangerous moments for him, leading us to believe he wont make it.

Also they'd most likely turn this into some kind of teen angst movie anyways, so I'm not really interested in a teenage love triangle with Han, Vampires and Werewolves.

IMHO Boba Fett would make a far better movie.