Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit) - VC03

Reaction score
Re: Han Solo - Echo Base Repairs - TVC##

they look like the hoth boots...
take them off and he is bespin Han

Reaction score

...and the wrong blaster. Again.

Insult to injury, Dengar has the RIGHT blaster! As in, the right blaster for HAN! /facepalm

Reaction score

This is certainly one of those 'could have lived without it' outfits, but the figure looks surprising good, and the accessory choices are nice additions.

Reaction score

Looks like stick legs, barrel torso and strained neck. Again. Ugh.

Reaction score

Why is his hair so short over his ears? Jesus, they just can't get the hair right.

You had better not do this with Han Bespin. Remember: "scruffy looking."

Reaction score

Yeah, I think that's what's throwing it off. Didn't look much like Han to me. I can see a little Harrison in there but I think they botched it with the hair being so short cut.

Reaction score

I understand that this new line will have some kitbashes mixed in, but to take the same crappy Han body we've had for years and slap a new jacket on it is just lame. The head looks pretty bad too. Like some bad caricature of Solo. I'll say it again: total waste of a spot....and a waste of plastic! PASS!!

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
I understand that this new line will have some kitbashes mixed in, but to take the same crappy Han body we've had for years and slap a new jacket on it is just lame. The head looks pretty bad too. Like some bad caricature of Solo. I'll say it again: total waste of a spot....and a waste of plastic! PASS!!
I'm already annoyed at the blaster snafu (I know it's a minor detail, but it's such a clear distinction between ANH & ESB/ROTJ: one film, Han has a long-scope blaster, the other two films, short-scope blasters)...

...but Han here is another one of the figures that doesn't match when looking at loose & carded example. The carded Han has the same barrel chest and narrow pelvis that all ROTJ Hans have had for the last 4 years.

Similarly, the loose display Han has the same mid-torso joint and wide pelvis that all Toy Fair and/or slideshow ROTJ Hans have had for... the last 4 years! Hasbro's NEVER put that torso & pelvis into actual production! It's clearly the superior one; the stick-legs of so many Hans from the last few years look AWFUL when they're too close together, especially in the Torture Rack Han and Sandstorm Han, with no gunbelt/holster to balance it out (Torture Rack Han didn't have the same barrel torso, but also wasn't exactly the same mid-section cut as this display Han either, but DID have the narrow pelvis of the barrel-chest Hans)

Ugh. The wider pelvis spreads the legs out a bit, and Han looks much better for it.

So, I'd rather have Display 3PO, Display Han, and Carded Boba so far... if we get Carded 3PO, Carded Han, and Display Fett, they're easy, easy passes.

Reaction score

So we haven't had a correct Hoth Han since the days of the vintage line, and we're getting this blink and you missed it kit-bash krap?

Reaction score

This figure is utter GARBAGE and I don't say that about OT figures on vintage cards...well EVER before. No one cares about this outfit and the torso sucks and the headsculpt is terrible. HUGE pass

Reaction score

Chewbacca said:
So we haven't had a correct Hoth Han since the days of the vintage line, and we're getting this blink and you missed it kit-bash krap?
We've had two correct Hoth Hans, have we not?

Reaction score

This figure doesn't look very good. When will they stop kitbashing poor Han? His proportions are always so strange. And the likeness on this one looks like a miss to me.

Reaction score

Imrahil2001 said:
Chewbacca said:
Well, none of the recent Hoth Hans can ride tauntauns very well... and both feature the wrong blasters. So I guess not?

However, unlike Hans with VOTC-based gunbelts (like this new Han, and all the Endor Hans of recent years), the holster of the recent Hoth Hans can fit the short-scope "2002 Bespin Luke blaster" somewhat well. So that's one inaccurate part easily corrected.

Reaction score

I've never paid much attention to the difference between Han's blasters. If you look at them, you can tell there's a difference, but I wouldn't have known it from a casual watching of the films - only by looking at prop reference pics online.

Hasbro should get it right, but it doesn't bother me that much that it's not 100% accurate.

Reaction score

Imrahil2001 said:
Chewbacca said:
4 technically. The hood down versions that were carded, both blue and brown. Then we got the hood up version, both brown and blue...so we are good!

Reaction score

I still think this figure's head is just a mock-up. It's essentially the Sandstorm figure's head. I really hope Hasbro makes a good ESB Han head for this figure (if not this one, then at least on the 2011 Bespin Han).

Reaction score

AmanaMatt said:
Imrahil2001 said:
Chewbacca said:
4 technically. The hood down versions that were carded, both blue and brown. Then we got the hood up version, both brown and blue...so we are good!
I'm talking out in the Hoth wilderness, hat on and hood up. They've been screwing this up on the basic carded figs since the winter of '96. The only one I can think of is from the initial Walmart droid factory 2-packs from a couple of years back.

Reaction score

Chewbacca said:
I'm talking out in the Hoth wilderness, hat on and hood up. They've been screwing this up on the basic carded figs since the winter of '96. The only one I can think of is from the initial Walmart droid factory 2-packs from a couple of years back.
I think you just answered your original question!
Hasbro's released three Hoth Han figures with the hood up, though since the 1980 figure. The Taun Taun pack-in in 1998; the Saga '03 figure and the '08 Droid Factory figure. The Droid Factory figure is perfect (although most would disagree that he doesn't have BJ hips to allow him to ride a Taun Taun so he is not perfect in that respect).

Reaction score

From this picture it looks like the sculpting work on the head sculpt was half-done. Here's hoping.

Reaction score

I don't think the face is that bad in the up-close pic. I just wonder why they gave him a 1950s haircut?

Reaction score

Nate_M said:
I don't think the face is that bad in the up-close pic. I just wonder why they gave him a 1950s haircut?
Opps, I mean the hair-sculpt.

Reaction score

I can understand the discord about the head sculpt and the 'barrel chest', but I have to say that I really like the look of this one. A very cool figure that I really had very little interest in before seeing these photos. Also glad to see that Hasbro is ready to throw in extra accessories into the vintage bubble as he didn't "need" to come with the tool and welding mask.

Reaction score

I really like how he looks with the open winter coat.
I'm probably in the minority here, but the headsculpt looks pretty good to me. The short hair remind me of those ANH promotional photos where he sported shorter hair.

One more thing, I REALLY hope those Boba Fett Mail-Away promotions are removable stickers.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
I'm probably in the minority here, but the headsculpt looks pretty good to me. The short hair remind me of those ANH promotional photos where he sported shorter hair.
Well that'd be fine if this were a figure based on the ANH promotional stills but it isn't. Theres no reason to have his hair that short when it was quite clearly longer in ESB.

I'll probably buy this figure, no I definitely will. However once again I say to Hasbro STOP USING VOTC PARTS FOR EVERY SINGLE HAN SOLO FIGURE!!!!!!!!! HARRISON FORD WAS NOT ANOREXIC!!! Also the coat is too shiny.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
One more thing, I REALLY hope those Boba Fett Mail-Away promotions are removable stickers.
Yeah I hate the fact that the "free boba fett" is right in the middle of the card.

Reaction score

I thought Hasbro already said somewhere that the stickers will be very easy to remove and won't damage the cards.

Reaction score

I hope they fix the coat so it's the proper blue color as it appeared on-screen.*

*Don't care what color the PROP is...the coat was blue in the film.

Reaction score

tanksmasher said:
Tyrannusspotting said:
Yeah I hate the fact that the "free boba fett" is right in the middle of the card.
It’s the way Kenner did it so it’s perfectly fine Hasbro did it. However they are removable so no-one should worry.

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
I thought Hasbro already said somewhere that the stickers will be very easy to remove and won't damage the cards.
I'm pretty sure that this was said in a Q and A answer, but I can't find the quote.

Reaction score

Imrahil2001 said:
I hope they fix the coat so it's the proper blue color as it appeared on-screen.*

*Don't care what color the PROP is...the coat was blue in the film.

Don't open this can of worms again!! Bright white snow + filters + lighting + color timing the film to look more cool on Hoth = made it appear to look blue. Moving on!!

Reaction score

my_kind_of_scum said:
Darth_Brett said:
I'm pretty sure that this was said in a Q and A answer, but I can't find the quote.
That is quite a relief!