Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit) - VC03

Reaction score
Have this one from the last time it was released. While nice to get such an obscure variant with the coat open like that I absolutely loathe this Han Solo body/legs and wish they'd retire those parts. And yeah, the head sucked, this looks no better really.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quick question (I skimmed through the thread quickly but didnt see an answer):
For anyone who has any of these “new” figs in-hand (or simply anyone who definitively knows)—Did these get just the new face sculpts or did they also get the newer style double-ball-jointed necks also?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

Reaction score
Quick question (I skimmed through the thread quickly but didnt see an answer):
For anyone who has any of these “new” figs in-hand (or simply anyone who definitively knows)—Did these get just the new face sculpts or did they also get the newer style double-ball-jointed necks also?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.
Don't have any of them but none of these have new face sculpts. The only thing new is the paint apps on the old sculpts for these TVC reissues. Same thing for the recent 6" Luke Archive release.

Reaction score
I’m afraid that “photo-real” is just “repaint.” You guys, Hasbro is trying to find ways to keep repacking under new names.

Reaction score
I’m anxious to try the photo real head on the standard Hoth Han (hood down) figure. I think this head (even non-photo-real) looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Never liked this figure and the new face tech doesn't change my mind. It's a bad head sculpt, that looks more like Fox Mulder than it does Han Solo, and the variant look of that costume (Hoth coat hanging open) was on screen less than 8 seconds. IMO, he was a waste of a slot then, and he's a waste of a slot now. They should have updated Han Bespin instead.

Reaction score
Never liked this figure and the new face tech doesn't change my mind. It's a bad head sculpt, that looks more like Fox Mulder than it does Han Solo, and the variant look of that costume (Hoth coat hanging open) was on screen less than 8 seconds. IMO, he was a waste of a slot then, and he's a waste of a slot now. They should have updated Han Bespin instead.
now I can’t unsee it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of the 4 repacks with photo real I think it's safe to say Han is the weakest of the bunch. Not saying it's terrible but when compared to the way Vader and Leia came out it's clear this one isn't great.

Obviously I think we have would all preferred a Bespin Han.

Reaction score
I passed on this figure at C9 cuz it was bad the first time, but my buddy got one and the face is different. I wouldn't say it improved a bad figure all that much. The other two from that wave are pretty good though, and I got them. I suspect the Vader is exactly the same.

Reaction score
I passed on this figure at C9 cuz it was bad the first time, but my buddy got one and the face is different. I wouldn't say it improved a bad figure all that much. The other two from that wave are pretty good though, and I got them. I suspect the Vader is exactly the same.
Vader is fantastic

Reaction score
I’m anxious to try the photo real head on the standard Hoth Han (hood down) figure. I think this head (even non-photo-real) looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like what you did there! I actually kind of like the Echo Base Han. Always have! But the repack head is still a bit off.

Reaction score
I might do that as well. The Han we're getting is such a niche Han, I'm not so concerned with him having the best head, so if it fits on a different Hoth Han, I'll probably do the same. Thanks for the pic.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'm in the minority group of folks who always thought this figure was underappreciated. I get it's an outfit from a very short scene, but I'll take every version of every character on screen. In my opinion, this is similar to a version of Luke just out the bacta chamber in the orange jumpsuit prior to the full snowspeeder gear.

Reaction score
Well, this I’m sure is a weird opinion, but I actually like the original paint job better.

Reaction score
Ive always wanted to get myself the Echo Base Hoth Han figure years ago but it was hard to find in stores. That and Hoth Leia. The only reason Im geting Echo Base Han is for the welders mask and the welding torch thingy

ZX3

Reaction score
The repaint is nice but his hair is still wrong.
Han's hair should mostly cover his ears. On this figure it doesn't. It looked dorky in 2010 and it still does.

Reaction score
The repaint is nice but his hair is still wrong.
Han's hair should mostly cover his ears. On this figure it doesn't. It looked dorky in 2010 and it still does.
Agreed. Not sure why the sculptor did that or why Hasbro even approved it. The only instances of Han having short hair (pre-TFA) was in promo shots done for ANH for it's re-release while Ford was filming Force 10 and the Holiday Special, which were both shot around the same time (spring to summer '78). The promo pics of Luke were also around that same time which also explained why he looked so different in those and the Holiday Secial since it was after his surgery.

Reaction score
You're talking about the same people who changed Teebo;s head just because he looked too mean...
:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Agreed. Not sure why the sculptor did that or why Hasbro even approved it. The only instances of Han having short hair (pre-TFA) was in promo shots done for ANH for it's re-release while Ford was filming Force 10 and the Holiday Special, which were both shot around the same time (spring to summer '78). The promo pics of Luke were also around that same time which also explained why he looked so different in those and the Holiday Secial since it was after his surgery.
Those are the Han Solo promo shots where is is clearly wearing Wranglers right?

Reaction score
The X-Files Han is badly painted and both Amazon cards are beat up.

Attachments

Reaction score
Definitely a fan of this one. It's not an amazing figure. But I like outfits like this that are practically blink and you miss it looks. Makes for great in-between adventure looks.

Reaction score
What i find most jarring is the fact that the jacket appears to be longer than it does on screen. Secondly the barrel chest sculpt is horrid, but gets a mild pass due to being partially hidden.

I do like that they released this version simply for "something different", considering he didn't wear that many outfits. Just the same one differently.
And then this Hoth look.

Reaction score
This figure is fine as a one-off, scene-specific figure like Dagobah Landing Luke, but it's not great and really shouldn't have been repacked. The reused parts are outdated and badly proportioned, and the new ones are inaccurate.

Reaction score
I bought it because it was less than $7 and got me free shipping from Amazon, meaning they only backed over the box with the delivery van once.