Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit) - VC03

Reaction score
As predicted this is Han Solo with the opened coat as seen while repairing the Falcon in the hangar at Echo Base. Part of the ESB wave this fall.

Reaction score
Re: Han Solo - ESB - 2010

Can they put new legs on a Hoth Han to make the half/half version that we saw of him in the hangar scenes where he was wearing the Hoth coat and the Bespin pants? Or was the coat open, and therefore different that what we have?

Seems like how they could spread the tooling cost over two years, do the new legs and bottom of the figure and put it on existing parts next year, and then do the new upper portion the following?

Other thought would be, are there any notable concepts for Han from ESB?

Anything else they can do with the straight Hoth version?

Reaction score

Damn, cereal! No frakkin Bespin Han yet?! I hope it is at least the open coat Hoth outfit with Bespin clothes underneath. I wouldn't want a Mynock version until a good Bespin Han has been made first.

Reaction score

Han Hoth with SA legs? (So he can sit on a Taun Taun)
Mynock Hunt Han as other suggested which would be Bespin Han?

I am a little sick and satisfied with the Han Hoth's we have, an open coat version would be pretty stupid to to put in front of the Bespin Han we all want.

Watch this actually be "Bespin" Han but they will call him Echo Base Escape Han Solo. This is a throw off answer.

Reaction score

JACKOFTRADZE said:
Watch it actually be "Bespin" Han but they will call him Echo Base escape Han Solo. This is a throw off question.
That's exactly what I thought. I bet they probably throw some white paint on him to make him look "snowed in". Or they'll use the sandstorm head to make it look like he just came back from outside.
Even if it's that outfit, I forsee VTSC Legs and torso, Torture Rack arms and jacket. Or some other mess.

Reaction score

Yeah, it's gonna be Echo Base Escape Han, with a comlink accessory for when he contacts the transport to tell 'em he can't get Leia to them.

And, just to annoy us, snow-spatter paint all over his jacket & boots

Reaction score

The most worthwhile concept would be Han in the freezing chamber. As of now, this can only be approximated using other Hans - as I assume it was in that contest-winning diorama (looks like the ROTJ sandstorm body with a different head).

A hybrid Echo Base outfit would be lame, but of course that doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. I just watched the whole sequence - the hybrid-outfit moments are pretty fleeting.

D

Reaction score

From Han's Hideout's Q&A:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket.

[/QUOTE]

The "new jacket" is the key. What other jacket has he worn?

Reaction score

Cold Weather Gear
Flight Jacket
Flight Jacket off and shirt only.

That's it.

What if it's this:

with a new Jacket?

Reaction score

Hoth Han on a single card at basic price point would be a good release for the legends line.

I'm willing to bet it'll be an open jacket version.

Just hope they learned their lesson with DS2 Luke for Bespin Han:

WHEN WE SAY DEFINITIVE, WE BLOODY MEAN IT!!

Reaction score

Hopefully they go for more of a VOTC approach with skinny arms and good proportions rather than that Endor crap with the balljointed torso and glossy paint

Reaction score

Dark_Jedi said:
We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket.
The "new jacket" is the key.

[/QUOTE]

I guess open jacket = new jacket. Very Malibu Stacy.

D

Reaction score

Dark_Jedi said:

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its seems like this will be the half Hoth/Bespin Han. I am sure they will do a Hoth softgoods jacket on a Han Besin? Its the only thing. Can someone remind me where this scene is in the movie? I guess it could be cool, very obscure though eh.

Reaction score

So I guess this means that we won't be seeing Bespin han until the fall 2011 line-up right? Unless I read Hasbro's answer wrong, the next line after LC will have 6 waves between August 2010 and Spring 2011 and the line after that starting in July/August??? 2011 would be the line with the Bespin Han, right? That's anywhere from 19-24 months away.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Dark_Jedi said:
Yeah, its seems like this will be the half Hoth/Bespin Han. I am sure they will do a Hoth softgoods jacket on a Han Besin? Its the only thing. Can someone remind me where this scene is in the movie? I guess it could be cool, very obscure though eh.

[/QUOTE]

Han is getting ready to leave so he can settle his debt with Jabba, then he learns that Luke hasn't come in from the cold, so for maybe thirty seconds we see him with his cold-weather clothes half put back on as he prepares to go look for Luke. I think that's it...

D

Reaction score

dave1976 said:
Han is getting ready to leave so he can settle his debt with Jabba, then he learns that Luke hasn't come in from the cold, so for maybe thirty seconds we see him with his cold-weather clothes half put back on as he prepares to go look for Luke. I think that's it...

D
Yeah when he shouts for the also-rumoured-for-this-wave Deck Officer.

Reaction score

I may have found something. In the DVD, scene titled "Preparing for Battle," approximately 21:30 into the movie, Han is on top of the Falcon, and Chewie is in the cockpit. Han yells, "Alright, that's it. Try it." Chewie turns something on, and alarms go off, to which Han yells; "Oh, turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off!"

This is the only scene where I see Han wearing his Bespin clothes sans the blue jacket, but is wearing his Hoth coat instead, unbuttoned.

It's a brief scene with a jacket we don't have, an opened Hoth coat!

Opinions?

Reaction score

^It's already been mentioned..

I say, if they're gonna re-do Hoth Han, fix the hood & lose the baby's bonnet look. You can thank those silly little goggles that plug into his forehead for that. BJ hips on the existing Hoth figure would be a good upgrade though..

Reaction score

Just so everyone can see what has been discussed...

So basically, we will be getting a new Han that will come out again in 2011 with the Bespin jacket and arms.

Reaction score

True, but another scene had been mentioned, not this one, so I was thinking they may have had another outfit in mind.

Reaction score

Yep - that's the hybrid that everyone's been talking about. So long as it has good legs, and doesn't re-use the rediculous narrow hips of the torture Han, I'd be good with that release.

Of course, this (as has been mentioned elsewhere) could be the latest case of Hasbro being Weasely - the vintage Bespin Han (thus it's name) really corresponds to much of the film, including Hoth scenes, the Asteroid Sequence, and all the way through to Bespin...

Soooooo.....

And, I'll ask again, is there a concept from ESB that would be notable enough for a figure?

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Yep - that's the hybrid that everyone's been talking about. So long as it has good legs, and doesn't re-use the rediculous narrow hips of the torture Han, I'd be good with that release.

Of course, this (as has been mentioned elsewhere) could be the latest case of Hasbro being Weasely - the vintage Bespin Han (thus it's name) really corresponds to much of the film, including Hoth scenes, the Asteroid Sequence, and all the way through to Bespin...

Soooooo.....

And, I'll ask again, is there a concept from ESB that would be notable enough for a figure?

'78
I think the two Q&A Answers (pasted below) preclude the possibility of a concept figure.

"A. We don't think we will disappoint, as there will be a different EpV version of Han Solo in next Fall's figure lineup. It will not be an EpV Carbonite version. A new Bespin Han is slated for 2011."

"** Bespin Han has been pushed out to 2011, to make room for a *new* Han that we have not produced before. We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket. We were excited to be able to deliver some newness for next year with the 30th Anniversary of EpV on tap."

I had to pull out my ESB DVD and ffwd through it just to double-check, but earlier posters are right. The only possible version of EpV Han that sort-of fits the parameters of Hasbro's answer is the one already mentioned: brown pants with the corellian bloodstripe and the opened Hoth jacket. (FWIW, you can also see Han wearing it in the background while Leia is briefing the pilots for evacuation.) I consider this Hasbro being weaselly, because this is not a *new* jacket.

AND I don't think this saves Hasbro anything in tooling costs. They'll obviously have to tool the new jacket and upper half. If they don't re-tool the bottom half, we'll be stuck with the torture-Han legs. Then, when they move on to Bespin Han for 2011, they will still have to tool 100% of that figure. (Are they just trying to save on costs short term in the hopes that 2011 will be a stronger year economically when they can afford to do a 100% new, SA tool? Will many collectors want this 'new' 2010 version if it has those same silly toothpick legs?)

This 'new' Han doesn't even interact with anyone in the movie besides Chewbacca. (When Han speaks to the Deck Officer, he's in his full Hoth outfit.)

It's just a mystifying choice. "Bespin Han" is the main Han Solo in EpV. We first see him in that look within the first 5 minutes of the movie and he's wearing that jacket/shirt/pants combo constantly until the carbon freeze scene. It's the look he wears for at least 75% of his scenes in the movie. Bespin Han should have been a cornerstone, centerpiece part of the 2010 30th anniversary ESB collection. I'll withhold full judgment until we learn the rest of the makeup of the ESB wave, but this strikes me as a total bonehead move from Hasbro.

Reaction score

I have to be honest and say that this is really "reaching" to call a new outfit

It has the same level of interest to me as the ATST driver Han, and mine will stay in the same place - on the peg.

Reaction score

It wouldn't be the best option, but I'd buy the hybrid Han. It's one of those gap fillers, that will help stretch the line a little further.

Reaction score

The open Hoth jacket seems like a cool idea but I have to ask...why? It seems so brief why bother?

Reaction score

Blight said:
The open Hoth jacket seems like a cool idea but I have to ask...why? It seems so brief why bother?
And would the jacket be brown or blue?

Reaction score

Blight said:
I dont know - Hasbro can be a bit barmy at times - they did, after all, make 'sandstorm' figures based on a scene that I bet the majority of their customers have never seen.

The 'hyrbid' figure could be interesting, but I'd much rather have a new Bespin Han (or a rerelease of the VOTC ANH Han which I reheheheheheallly want!)

Reaction score

Scockery said:
Blight said:
And would the jacket be brown or blue?
In that scene, the jacket is blue. With the brown pants.

The only other one I can think of after FF through the whole movie would be Han after the torture with his shirt tucked out. But Torture-Rack Han kind of has his shirt tucked out. :/

Reaction score

Well, there's AT-ST Han, Torture Rack Han, and the recent Death Star Han Solo which was pretty much Han Solo from ANH with the Stormtrooper belt. So... who knows what lame offscreen Han Hasbro will think of next!

Reaction score

NeoMaximuz said:
Well, there's AT-ST Han, Torture Rack Han, and the recent Death Star Han Solo which was pretty much Han Solo from ANH with the Stormtrooper belt. So... who knows what lame offscreen Han Hasbro will think of next!
I love Torture Rack Han, Han with Stormtrooper Belt was even cool to me, cos Han is very visable with the belt in the movie. AT-ST Han was STUPID, and that has been my ATST Driver figure. But Half and Half Han would be just as bad. It is just a stupid figure.

Reaction score

If that's what we're getting, we should not look at it as something that replaced Bespin Han. It's just a precursor. As Since said, it allows them to spread tooling cost accroos multiple figures.
I for one, would have rather had another "almost-DS2" Luke and had them give us the real thing a year later, than have that frankenfigure garbage they released.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
I love Torture Rack Han, Han with Stormtrooper Belt was even cool to me, cos Han is very visable with the belt in the movie. AT-ST Han was STUPID, and that has been my ATST Driver figure. But Half and Half Han would be just as bad. It is just a stupid figure.
Don't get me wrong! I really like Death Star Han, except for his face (It looks more like Al Pacino than Harrison Ford), I don't own Torture Rack Han, and I'd like to get one, but I have heard a lot of complaints about his legs (and it shows on the photos), and I'll buy the AT-ST Han as well as whatever Hasbro throws at us next year. Just saying... there's a lot more on-screen material Hasbro can use.

If they keep going this way, we'll get "Han Solo making a Sandwich before going to look for Luke on Hoth (with Blaster and Butter Knife)" in a couple of years!

Reaction score

NeoMaximuz said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
Don't get me wrong! I really like Death Star Han, except for his face (It looks more like Al Pacino than Harrison Ford), I don't own Torture Rack Han, and I'd like to get one, but I have heard a lot of complaints about his legs (and it shows on the photos), and I'll buy the AT-ST Han as well as whatever Hasbro throws at us next year. Just saying... there's a lot more on-screen material Hasbro can use.

If they keep going this way, we'll get "Han Solo making a Sandwich before going to look for Luke on Hoth (with Blaster and Butter Knife)" in a couple of years!
Lol, I know. This really is Malibu Stacey. The Torture Rack figure is awesome SO LONG AS you display him in the rack, if you want a figure to take out of the rack then i sucks.
The more I think about Half and Half Han the more absurd I think it is! lol

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Lol, I know. This really is Malibu Stacey. The Torture Rack figure is awesome SO LONG AS you display him in the rack, if you want a figure to take out of the rack then i sucks.
The more I think about Half and Half Han the more absurd I think it is! lol
That's exactly what I was thinking! If I were to get the torture rack Han, I'd totally re-do the scene with him in the Torture Rack, some stormtroopers and Vader. Then it works great.

You know, I actually wouldn't mind the open coat thing--it might look cool. I personally loved the TAC Vintage Hoth Han, so something along those lines but with the brown pants and open coat might look cool. It just seems like a cheat because it's there for like twenty seconds in a rather blurry scene.

But who knows? Hasbro might have a big surprise for us and it's something awesome we haven't even thought of yet! I'm really dying of curiosity.

Reaction score

RumSleg said:
(FWIW, you can also see Han wearing it in the background while Leia is briefing the pilots for evacuation.)
Sharp eyes. I missed that.

RumSleg said:
(When Han speaks to the Deck Officer, he's in his full Hoth outfit.)
D'oh. You're right, of course.

RumSleg said:
I don't think this saves Hasbro anything in tooling costs. They'll obviously have to tool the new jacket
Not if it's soft goods. That should be simple to design, and then they'll just have to find some cheap fabric in the wrong color and texture.

D

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
I have to be honest and say that this is really "reaching" to call a new outfit

It has the same level of interest to me as the ATST driver Han, and mine will stay in the same place - on the peg.
You're absolutely right, but remember Hasbro said we were getting an "all new sculpt" of DS2 Luke. "All new sculpt" was definitely "reaching".

I just don't see them offering what is generally called "Bespin Han" as some other name "Echo Base Escape Han" etc. So, their little "15 minutes of Fame" Han has got to be basically "Bespin Han" with his Hoth coat open.

Kind of lame, but I'll buy one.

Jason