Han Solo & Chewbacca - Solo: A Star Wars Story Mini Busts

Reaction score
Having seen the movie today how could I not preorder this duo, loved Solo & that was a surprise but a welcome one. :) Lando was the stand out character for me personally, even sounded like the original in a few scenes..., spooky seeing a new Chewie mini-bust though as I’d only recently asked on Facebook about whether you guys could come up with a new mini-bust of him worth buying & then I get an email with the new version. lol :) The savings covers my shipping costs, shame it doesn’t cover customs fees too but can’t have everything now can I.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty happy with the PGM this year so far. Nice surprise for a Saturday morning ! (We live in the future down here in NZ) :D

Reaction score
I'll be grabbing the bundle and really hope we see a Lando and Range Trooper bust. Gotta say I'm stunned to see these announced today and still nothing from The Last Jedi.

Reaction score
Nice set, but not my specific movie focus. A nice surprise indeed for those folks collecting all the mini busts. Does it say anywhere when they'll be released?

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's with Chewie's huge pink puffy lips?!? Did he get lip injections and try lipstick in "Solo"? (I haven't seen it yet).

Han looks like he'd be doing the moonwalk to "Billie Jean" in that outfit.

Pass.

Reaction score
Awesome busts! Not getting these but the movie was great and they should do well. I've decided that MY Star Wars movies (SW, ESB, ROTJ) are now completely separate from ANY and ALL movies (PT & ST*), books and television shows. By doing this I can enjoy these new films without any connection to anything else that exists now or in the future of SW.

"Solo" was a good movie.

*Except for TLJ. I give it back to Disney, it never happened. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really like the Chewie and since I don't have one already for my collection, that's a buy for me. Solo looks awful. Sorry but it's a pass on that one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's with Chewie's huge pink puffy lips?!? Did he get lip injections and try lipstick in "Solo"? (I haven't seen it yet).

Han looks like he'd be doing the moonwalk to "Billie Jean" in that outfit.

Pass.
I don't know Ben, they were always kind of puffy back in SW :)

Reaction score
Chewie’s lips do stand out a bit but that’s just him really when looking at pictures, the Han bust I wasn’t sure on in a few pictures but he’s definitely there in a couple of others & that makes him worth a punt as I know in hand is when the busts are at their most impressive. :)

Reaction score
Han is an easy pass for me, Chewie I might have been tempted by but now Ben's mentioned the lips that's all I can see, so a pass on both I think.

Reaction score
Though I (know) I will be punished for my impetuousness on getting this Chewie full price now and not waiting for it to go on sale, I pre-ordered it anyway as when you see all the photos on GG of him it's an impressive looking piece!

Reaction score
Though I (know) I will be punished for my impetuousness on getting this Chewie full price now and not waiting for it to go on sale, I pre-ordered it anyway as when you see all the photos on GG of him it's an impressive looking piece!
The pair for members was $170.00 so for me that’s a good deal I thought, always nice to save some cash but a new Chewie was something I never thought I’d see so I’m happy to appreciate the new pose as soon as he’s released rather than waiting for a price drop, sometimes a character being repeated is a good thing & this I feel is one of those times. :)

Reaction score
The pair for members was $170.00 so for me that’s a good deal I thought, always nice to save some cash but a new Chewie was something I never thought I’d see so I’m happy to appreciate the new pose as soon as he’s released rather than waiting for a price drop, sometimes a character being repeated is a good thing & this I feel is one of those times. :)
As a GG member (not a PGM member but I still have an account) I was offered the $170 too and still passed as I didn't like the Solo at all :). But Chewie is nice so I got him alone.

Reaction score
As a GG member (not a PGM member but I still have an account) I was offered the $170 too and still passed as I didn't like the Solo at all :). But Chewie is nice so I got him alone.
Well that’s misleading then as it said save extra for PGM, interesting though. :)

Reaction score
C'mon, this is what Chewie looks like:

and this is GG's pink puffy lips version:

Seems a lot of folks here think he looks fine so I'll just leave it at that. :)
To be fair this is the first pictures & prototype, I have yet to see a mini-bust look exactly like the first pictures we see..., they always tweak things. In this case the lips are looking slightly too wide, the bottom lip anyway but if painted a bit darker it’d turn out different I think.

Reaction score
Chewy looks fantastic, & his gun looks bad A!

Albeit not enough [ for me ] to warrant buying & replacing the OG Chewy I already own

Han looks...well, it’s definitely not for me, but I’m always excited when & that they release new SW mini busts & happy for those that like it

Reaction score
Think they mean you can use your one time use coupon code for an extra discount.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Good point, well I’m still happy enough with the set price, 2 busts for $20 more than the PGM fee is a good deal I think. :)

Reaction score
I'll be honest, there have been quite a few things I have been able to buy or get discounts for just being a GG member that have even shocked me at times. I was able to purchase the Vader / Luke X-Wing Comic Con 40th Anniversary Classic Mini busts at the bundle discount when they were released, along with purchasing McQuarrie Comic Con Solo. I also got the Vader / Stormtrooper polystone bookends with the bundle pricing discount pre-ordered.

I'm not complaining, believe me. Sure, I can't order the gifts until / if they are released to the public but overall I get most of what I want on there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Think they mean you can use your one time use coupon code for an extra discount.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That’s not it. The regular bundle price is $240. Order before June 4 and it’s $20 off each, or $200.

Order before June 4 as a PGM member and it’s another $30 off. My total was $170 plus tax and shipping for the pair. It came out to under $200 after everything.

Maybe you can get it down even further with coupons, I didn’t try.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like that Chewie a lot, if they fix the lips a bit I'd purchase it in a second, their first Chewie is a great piece.

Regardless, this is a great release and good timing by GG.

Reaction score
I think this is the first time we’ve seen something announced with a movie coming out, I could be wrong but Star Wars wise I think that’s right..., glad to see they were on the ball with this one though regardless. Still find it odd they skipped episode VIII totally, I felt certain we’d see an old Luke & Leia at the very least but the longer the delays, the more I think they made too many episode VII & classic mini-busts & just can’t shift enough to risk making more?!? Maybe a question for Daniel, it’s certainly a strange situation when they skip a movie they are licensed to make merchandise from & I know 100% if nothing else Luke & Leia will sell (Han too but that’s episode VII).

Reaction score
They might have skipped it because so many people hated the movie ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well in that case I still want an old Luke & Leia plus Han from episode VII then, then my collection will be complete, unless they want to make a new older version of Nien Nunb & C3PO with a red arm..., basically the original characters older & I’ll be quiet, until then I’ll bring it up constantly. lol;)

Reaction score
They might have skipped it because so many people hated the movie ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. Not to mention look at the merchandise focus in general since that movie. Beloved or rare OT characters, prequel / Clone Wars characters to appease the hardcore fans. That has been the theme with the Black Series 6" exclusives giving us Captain Rex, Commander Gree, Commander Wolffe for example. GG gifts / busts and even Disney Elite exclusives have focused on OT obscure or fan favorite characters and EU.

Even your XM Studios for example are sticking to OT and prequel characters like X-Wing Luke, Boba Fett, ROTS Vader / ROTJ Vader and Darth Maul. They are all going back to the characters the fans love because the fanbase aren't happy with the sequels in general.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My thoughts on Solo and Star wars today.

Americans never tire of anything. Look around, y’all, we hate to tire of stuff. From our cold dead hands will we let something go. We love sameness, the comfort of predictability, the sense that the earth has stopped turning, which means time isn’t passing, which means we are not going to die. Good grief, we are so scared of dying, so terrified of change, that sometime in June of 1995 we froze our clothes, hair, and decorating styles in amber.

Fatigue? From Americans? Sorry, no. The only way to get us to move along is if it sucks … which brings me back to Star Wars. How badly is Solo under-performing? Oh, it’s bad.

Keeping in mind that the trades reporting on Solo’s box office tend to suck up to the studios by making things sound better than they really are — and things still look bad. Over this four-day Memorial Day weekend, Solo is belly-flopping at right around $114 million. Solo’s three-day take (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) is $93 million.

Comparing apples-to-apples, here are the three-day openings…

Solo: $92 million

The Last Jedi: $220 million

Rogue One: $155 million

When you figure in for inflation, even the dreaded prequels (that opened on a lot fewer screens) will out-perform Solo.

The Phantom Menace opened to $114 million (2970 screens) in 1999, Attack of the Clones opened to $126 million (3161 screens) in 2002, and Revenge of the Sith opened to $153 million (3663 screens) in 2005.

Solo opened on a whopping 4400 screens.

For an even clearer perspective, on its opening Friday, Rogue One earned $71 million. Solo made about half that, $36.5 million.

Internationally, that magical place where most domestic box office bombs go to thrive, Solo is even doing worse. In 43 markets, over two whole days, Solo made a paltry $11.4 million.

So what is happening? Why such a collapse? Two words: Kathleen and Kennedy.

Kathleen Kennedy is the 65-year-old producer in charge of the Star Wars franchise. She is also a committed social justice warrior and feminist who is using the Star Wars franchise to push her agenda.Kennedy undoubtedly believed that with such a beloved and iconic property, she was bulletproof; that she could be as strident and obnoxious as she pleased, and we stupid Americans would still slavishly get the line because spaceships and laser-guns are cool ‘n stuff.

She was wrong, and The Last Jedi was the beginning of the end. It under-preformed big-time at the box office and its overbearing political moments were not only eye-rollingly awful, they damaged the overall story while tainting the entire franchise. Kennedy has placed her agenda over the storytelling, and the result was especially awful in Last Jedi, like that two-hour chase that went nowhere. Worse still, was Kennedy’s decision to dumb down Oscar Issac’s Poe Dameron into a sexist caveman when he is, by far, the most charismatic new character in the new trilogy.

Solo also has its SJW moments. Who doesn’t love watching a five-foot girl who weighs in at about 85 pounds kicking the *** of a grown man? Then there is the feminist droid always harping about equal rights (thankfully, she is killed off quickly). Finally, we are hit with the news that the iconic Lando Calrissian is a “pansexual,” and there are a couple moments in Solo where you are given the impression that includes *** with feminist droids.

Kathleen Kennedy is killing the Star Wars franchise because she is so drastically changing it ( remember what I said above about Americans not liking change?). What used to be escapist and mythical, what was once wondrous and ennobling of the human spirit, is now pedantic, preachy, and small-minded.

Kennedy is not appealing to our sense of adventure and shared aspirations, she is hectoring and scolding us. She is not appealing to our shared humanity, she is dividing us up into tribal camps based on race gender, color, and where we like to put our *** organs.

Kathleen Kennedy is such a bad storyteller, so heavy-handed, so selfish, so narcissistic, so wrong, so divisive, so out of touch, that a Star Wars movie — a Star Wars movie, y’all –– will probably lose money.

Decades of goodwill have been squandered, the golden goose has been made constipated.Go Woke, Go Broke as the saying goes

Reaction score
I'd be careful to separate TFA from TLJ. If you look at Rotten Tomatoes fan scores TFA has an 88% while TLJ has a 46%.
I get what you're saying Ben, however I'm speaking on terms of pure merchandise sales. The sequels merchandise really doesn't sale anywhere near as well as OT or even many Prequel characters do. I can tell you while I will never have a problem re-selling a Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, McQuarrie themed figure or mini bust or even a prequel female Jedi, Clone Commander / Darth Maul item trying to sale a Kylo Ren or Captain Phasma item means losing money or literally giving it away. I had to do that with the 6" and Elite figures I once owned by giving them to my friends kids to play with. Not the worst fate mind you for an action figure :).

But I bought into TFA before seeing it and loved (still do) the look of Kylo Ren and Phasma. Once I saw the movie when someone loaned it to me I sold off my FX Lightsaber, figures, etc. I lost my butt on the lightsaber, gave the figures away after literally slashing the prices down to 1/3 what I paid and still got no interest. This was well before TLJ. At the same time I could unload a Commander Cody or Bossk action figure for a nice profit, at the very least I would never lose money from my initial payment. This is my own, limited personal experience mind you but it resonates with many that are fans of Lucas' SW.

As I have said before, if you like these new movies that's cool. I love AOTC and most people hate it. To each their own. But the merchandise for these new characters does not sale well and it's why we are now seeing a shift towards core OT and PT characters in merchandise again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My thoughts on Solo and Star wars today.

Kathleen Kennedy is killing the Star Wars franchise because she is so drastically changing it ( remember what I said above about Americans not liking change?). What used to be escapist and mythical, what was once wondrous and ennobling of the human spirit, is now pedantic, preachy, and small-minded.
I wish they would let Dave Filoni take over. He is a true fan, personally saved Black Sun, Darth Maul's re-emergence with his Brother Savage Opress and Grand Admiral Thrawn from the mouse's dumpster bin by putting these written EU stories into his cartoons and thus making them official canon.

Add in all the overt McQuarrie art from Clone Wars and especially Rebels, his use of OT voice actors in his cartoons and there is no question where this guy's passions lie when it comes to SW.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both TFA and TLJ suck donkey ***** in my opinion, the only new characters I don't dislike are BB-8, Phasma and Poe but they ruined Poe in TLJ and Phasmas appearance was disappointing. I loved Rouge one however. Merch wise though I've brought things from TFA including Kylo Ren who for me was just a whining emo angry at mummy and daddy so hating the film's hasn't stopped me from buying, if it looks good I'll buy it :grin:

Last edited: