Han Solo - Bespin - SL24

Reaction score
I ordered a Rebels Saga Legends Bespin Han figure for my nephew. He loves playing with my Vintage Style Collection Star Wars figures and poses my Star Wars figures in weird poses.

I know he doesnt have a Han Solo figure so Im doing something nice by getting him a Bespin Han figure to start out with

Reaction score
I ordered a Rebels Saga Legends Bespin Han figure for my nephew. He loves playing with my Vintage Style Collection Star Wars figures and poses my Star Wars figures in weird poses.

I know he doesnt have a Han Solo figure so Im doing something nice by getting him a Bespin Han figure to start out with
It's a great Han. My favorite.

Reaction score
Saw two Luke X-Wings, two Lando Skiffs and seven Han Bespins at Walmart today. Why seven? HORRIBLE paint apps. A half blind grandmother wouldn't pick these up. He's really the only one I want from this wave, so hopefully there is one decent paint job out there.

Reaction score
That sucks. I've seen exactly one in stores, the one I own. Perfect paint apps. Stay vigilant. He's out there and he's worth it.

Reaction score
Saw two Luke X-Wings, two Lando Skiffs and seven Han Bespins at Walmart today. Why seven? HORRIBLE paint apps. A half blind grandmother wouldn't pick these up. He's really the only one I want from this wave, so hopefully there is one decent paint job out there.

That's weird. I've seen multiples of this figure and ALL of them have had great paint jobs. This is one of the most consistently well painted figures I've seen in any line in ages - especially the eyes.

Reaction score
That's weird. I've seen multiples of this figure and ALL of them have had great paint jobs. This is one of the most consistently well painted figures I've seen in any line in ages - especially the eyes.
Yeah, of the latest wave I'd say his paint is the best. Even his eyes are painted the best. My Han Endor doesn't look quite as good.

Reaction score
Picked this dude up, along with the original Mission Series R2 and 3PO, and Luke and Leia. I need to put stuff away for the future generation, and I feel this line captures the simplicity of the original line, and perfect for newbies to this whole toy thing.

Reaction score
For me, this has to be the best iteration of Bespin Han Solo ever produced in this scale.
I had to buy two of these from Dorksidetoys right away and he looks great along side EB Chewbacca.

Reaction score
This is one of the few SL figures that I've been contemplating going online to get ahold of, but fortunately I found one today at the Walmart in Glen Carbon, IL. Definitely the best Bespin Han Solo figure ever made and he might even be the best Han Solo figure that we have ever gotten. Period.

They also had an X-Wing Luke that I was tempted to get, but the paint apps on that figure's face made Luke look like he was very surprised by something happening just off to his left, so I passed on it. Still it looks like a really nice Luke figure and I'll probably buy it if I can find one with good paint apps.

Reaction score
This is one of the few SL figures that I've been contemplating going online to get ahold of, but fortunately I found one today at the Walmart in Glen Carbon, IL. Definitely the best Bespin Han Solo figure ever made and he might even be the best Han Solo figure that we have ever gotten. Period.

They also had an X-Wing Luke that I was tempted to get, but the paint apps on that figure's face made Luke look like he was very surprised by something happening just off to his left, so I passed on it. Still it looks like a really nice Luke figure and I'll probably buy it if I can find one with good paint apps.
13 figures! Better unload one. This Han is too nice to be number 13. :)

Reaction score
Would anyone here re buy this figure if small joints were added to the knees and elbows only, and it included a removable "mynoc hunt" breathing mask?

Reaction score
Would anyone here re buy this figure if small joints were added to the knees and elbows only, and it included a removable "mynoc hunt" breathing mask?
Yes, I would. Assuming good paint apps of course ;)

I've said it quite a few times my articulation sweet spot is somewhere in between SL and SA.

I like knee joints and elbow joints.

Dislike ankle joints, dislike ball socket heads as it makes the neck look weird.

I don't like ball socket shoulders as they typically prevent the figure from raising his arms in front of him.

I sometimes go for swivel elbows over true elbow joints. The reason is I want certain characters to achieve certain poses and sometimes swivel elbows work better. See my bespin Luke custom for example. He can hold the lightsaber two handed AWAY from the body. He's not stuck in an up and down grip like TVC Luke Bespin.

Waist joints don't matter much to me.

Sculpted belts and holsters are a must for me. They look better and don't float away from the body.

So yeah, knees and elbow joints and actually swivel wrists would make this guy perfect for me. I considered customizing him but I just don't have time to attempt it. I like him enough as is to not touch him but who knows. I might get the itch someday.

Reaction score

Assuming it's done discretely and competently (unlike most SA figures), I will always buy another Han Bespin. I just don't have much faith in the execution of articulation these days. Hasbro has proven countless times that they simply don't have the knack for it.

Until that day never comes, I'm TOTALLY happy with this one.

:)

Reaction score
Well, I haven't got this figure yet (but intend to) but as to your question... what you've just described is probably my "ideal" POA. The current 5POA, plus elbows and knees (I wouldn't object to waist either).

And breathing mask? Yeah, I think all collectors - whether of 6", 3.75" SA or 5POA - will agree more accessories in these lines is needed!

Reaction score
I think that's what hasbro should do. Instead of going all out with SA, or holding way back with 5POA after years of more articulated figures. Instead of alienating one group of collectors in favor of another, instead of spending too much money on SA, or saving a lot of money on over simplifying the sculpts, instead of expensive pack in accessories or cheap or no accessories, I think a happy medium could be met.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still trying to track down the gas mask from the Legacy Collection Saga Legends Han Bespin. I have the welding mask and welder from the Echo Base Han as accessories for this guy.

Reaction score
I think that's what hasbro should do. Instead of going all out with SA, or holding way back with 5POA after years of more articulated figures. Instead of alienating one group of collectors in favor of another, instead of spending too much money on SA, or saving a lot of money on over simplifying the sculpts, instead of expensive pack in accessories or cheap or no accessories, I think a happy medium could be met.
Absolutely! Basically just reduce the articulation on the Black Series line to the basics and make sure the articulation is executed cleanly. No knobby knees or elbows. Figures have been released in the past "missing" the full SA treatment. Hoth Leia for instance doesn't have ankle articulation. You don't hear too much complaining. Yes some people find it a necessity but it seems like even a lot of hardcore SA fans can live without it as long as the other core joints are there.

There are also quite a few people who are perfectly happy with some of the in between articulation on certain Cantina aliens as well.

I'm sure if you put it to a vote as far as favorite articulation with the losers no longer carried forward you would see elbow and knees as being the at the top after the basic five.

Reaction score
Btw, I know it's part of the aesthetic of this line, but it really is silly that these figures don't have wrist articulation. It's the most seamless articulation they can make and a lot of these figures are having the hands glued into the arms as it is! They are practically designed with wrist articulation and then they are spending extra money on glue just to eliminate the joint.

Reaction score
I finally got my Han Bespin today. What a figure! I have finally, after so many years, got a truly great Han Bespin figure. I was so desperate for an update that I wanted to like the 2011 Vintage version, but what a mess that figure is. :(

Anyway, we have finally got a deserving figure. I would even go as far as to say this is one of the best figures of my entire collection. I never would have thought a "dumbed down" cost cutting style of figure with less articulation would allow definitive versions of key figures. But this joins other recent 5POA figures as the best version, by some way, of much characters.

Great at work Hasbro! An amazing figure. :)

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to boil and pop the arms off these figures?
the reason i ask is i am going to try it.
I have a first han and an extra bespin han i am gonna try and put the arms on and try to make a general han without the trench coat.
Stay tooned.
I should have it done by next weekend.

Reaction score
Since modifying the torso to allow full leg movement, I appreciate this figure a lot more. Seeing that side by side comparison above, I want to take some acetone and remove the black paint on the boots REAL bad.

Reaction score
I finally saw tis figure today. They had about 4-5 of him, but every one I saw had a spot of blue paint right where the White Shirt forms a "V" over Han's chest. I thought it was odd because you'd think a mistake would have either been White overlapping onto the Skin or Skin-tone overlapping onto the Shirt. Besides that one flaw, the paint jobs were actually top notch.

Reaction score
The torso is made of blue plastic. So what you're seeing is both the white and flesh coming up short and missing.