Han Solo - Bespin - SL24

Reaction score
I was going to post a similar thought, but figured maybe I was just crazy. :)

I think he looks better with the OTC version. Don't get me wrong... The BMF and all the "big scale" vehicles are great, but I kinda fell those belong with the SA 3.75" line. The 5 POA seem to fit better with the slightly out of scale vehicles based on the vintage molds.

I have my OTC Falcon out with these now (one of the few things I held onto from my 3.75" collecting days) and it really does "feel" like the vintage line came back. I could see myself hunting down a '95 X-Wing & Shadows of the Empire Slave 1 very soon...

Sallah
I have that X-Wing and Slave I. Still love them. Can't wait to put new Luke in the X-wing. I have the 95 Falcon personally. I like it, but I do sometimes wish I had the OTC version instead. It's just a nicer ship. Fixed all the issues the 95 version had.

Reaction score
Send some pics.
I dont have a Falcon anymore and was wondering.

I was going to post a similar thought, but figured maybe I was just crazy. :)

I think he looks better with the OTC version. Don't get me wrong... The BMF and all the "big scale" vehicles are great, but I kinda fell those belong with the SA 3.75" line. The 5 POA seem to fit better with the slightly out of scale vehicles based on the vintage molds.

I have my OTC Falcon out with these now (one of the few things I held onto from my 3.75" collecting days) and it really does "feel" like the vintage line came back. I could see myself hunting down a '95 X-Wing & Shadows of the Empire Slave 1 very soon...

Sallah

Reaction score
I have a vintage x-wing.
I havnt put the luke into it. I will do that.
These new figures are better suited to fit into the vintage ships.

I have that X-Wing and Slave I. Still love them. Can't wait to put new Luke in the X-wing. I have the 95 Falcon personally. I like it, but I do sometimes wish I had the OTC version instead. It's just a nicer ship. Fixed all the issues the 95 version had.

Reaction score
Send some pics.
I dont have a Falcon anymore and was wondering.
I took one this morning of some 5 POA guys underneath in an attempt to get the feel of the vintage boxes, so you can at least get a size idea by this... But I can take more pics this weekend of them actually interacting with the insides of the ship. :)

Sallah

Reaction score
Given all the excitement over this figure, myself included, I thought it'd be a good time to ask why Han Bespin in general seems to get all the love over other Han outfits. The ANH outfit is arguably the more iconic look yet when it comes to us collectors we seem to be in love with the idea of the perfect Han Bespin figure. The POTJ figure was a revelation that people loved and still love to this day. When SA hit Han Bespin seemed like he was the most anticipated update on the figure. Everyone seems to have tried their hand at a custom Han Bespin at some point.

So, why is Han Bespin the most important Han figure for you and is he in fact the most important Han in your collection? Maybe I'm misreading the excitement over this character.

For me it's simple, Empire was the first Star Wars movie I had, taped it off TV and the Vintage Han Bespin was the first Han figure I had.

Reaction score
Nope. I don't think the vintage figure came out as well as it could have. This legends figure was almost exactly what I wanted. Added articulation, slightly wider stance and better paint would make this figure great to me.
If this figure had a swivel waist, knee articulation and ankle articulation, we could Switch out the TVC Han legs and we'd be pretty Close to a better Bespin Han.

Reaction score
Nah, its great. Paint is awesome on all I've seen.

You already have your SA Bespin Han with "better paint/plastic, more articulation and less wide stance.":

Lol….
I don't know how I got so lucky with that Han, of the 3 I have(2 from an Ebayer I thought was selling bootlegs) none of them look anything like, bad paint or super glossy skin.
Yet seems they all look like that on the Internet.

Reaction score
Given all the excitement over this figure, myself included, I thought it'd be a good time to ask why Han Bespin in general seems to get all the love over other Han outfits. The ANH outfit is arguably the more iconic look yet when it comes to us collectors we seem to be in love with the idea of the perfect Han Bespin figure. The POTJ figure was a revelation that people loved and still love to this day. When SA hit Han Bespin seemed like he was the most anticipated update on the figure. Everyone seems to have tried their hand at a custom Han Bespin at some point.

So, why is Han Bespin the most important Han figure for you and is he in fact the most important Han in your collection? Maybe I'm misreading the excitement over this character.

For me it's simple, Empire was the first Star Wars movie I had, taped it off TV and the Vintage Han Bespin was the first Han figure I had.
Well for me, I had horse head Han from the Kenner ANH collection, I was so disappointed after seeing all the pictures of pin head Han in the comic book adverts, that was the one I wanted and was never happy with the newer sculpt, so when I got Bespin Han I was over the moon with him, whichI thought was superior to all that had come before it, needless to say he became my de facto Han (til Han Trench coat turned up that is!) fond memories make this current version a winner for me.

Reaction score
If this figure had a swivel waist, knee articulation and ankle articulation, we could Switch out the TVC Han legs and we'd be pretty Close to a better Bespin Han.
I am kinda over the whole super articulation thing now. I actually prefer this Han without the joints. Sculpt looks much cleaner without them, and captures more of that classic Kenner feel for me. As a kid, I didn't have those joints and never missed them, and as an adult I never found myself using them. The figures stand on a shelf.

So in my eyes, adding those joints would make him just another "modern" Han... Which there are enough of. This Han is perfect the way he is. :)

Sallah

Reaction score
I am kinda over the whole super articulation thing now. I actually prefer this Han without the joints. Sculpt looks much cleaner without them, and captures more of that classic Kenner feel for me. As a kid, I didn't have those joints and never missed them, and as an adult I never found myself using them. The figures stand on a shelf.

So in my eyes, adding those joints would make him just another "modern" Han... Which there are enough of. This Han is perfect the way he is. :)

Sallah
It's true I hardly use them if at all, but for some reason I'd like Han to have knee joints and elbow joints. Which is strange because my Chewie of choice is the POTJ Mechanic Chewie. I'm probably going to leave this Han alone but if his hands really are messed up I might swap them out for POTJ Bespin Han hands. I can't leave stuff alone.

Reaction score
The thing is...there are SA figures out there that aren't impacted by the joints on the figure. The problem with SA is that it's hit or miss. TVC Bespin Han is a miss. Bom Vimdin is a hit. Looking at that figure I'm almost not aware that it's SA. There are several other figures like this as well. Another thing is...I don't necessarily think all figures need SA. A few point of articulation here or there just plain makes sense with some characters. Especially if it's done correctly.

Reaction score
The thing is...there are SA figures out there that aren't impacted by the joints on the figure. The problem with SA is that it's hit or miss. TVC Bespin Han is a miss. Bom Vimdin is a hit. Looking at that figure I'm almost not aware that it's SA. There are several other figures like this as well. Another thing is...I don't necessarily think all figures need SA. A few point of articulation here or there just plain makes sense with some characters. Especially if it's done correctly.
Well said. 3PO doesn't need SA. Jedi, Sith, troopers, (don't get me started on Jedi Temple Guard) really do need SA, IMO.

I guess I just really prefer SA, although I really prefer this holster over TVC Bespin Han's.

Reaction score
I'm really hoping we can all get to the point where the merits of the Legends and SA line can be discussed without insulting the other line.

The Legends Han is a fantastic sculpt and looks natural with a neutral stance. Only one natural pose is possible due to limited articulation. Details are very sharp. Great likeness.

The VC Han has sharp details. Articulation allows dynamic movie accurate poses. Head sculpt is lacking, and feet are small.

This one has me stumped. I have my current VC Han posed in a dynamic "shooting at Vader" stance, and it looks great. But this Legends Han is fantastic in the neutral pose and has a much better likeness. I'm not sure which to display.....decisions decisions :).
Its great to hear someone talking sense. An ugly figure is ugly because its SA, its ugly because its ugly. Equally a 5POA is nice because its nice, not cos its 5POA. In addition to that there is the factor that its easier to get a proportionate sculpt if you are only using 5POA. That said, there are poor examples of both types of figures. But that doesnt mean there are fast and hard rules.

Reaction score
Unfortunately the reason some SA figures end up being ugly is because the joints end up ruining the look. Which is sad because there are a ton of great examples of seamless joints on SA, like Bom as pointed out earlier. That's really why this even becomes an issue. When someone sees and ugly figure and they run down the list of why it's ugly. On a SA figure it's ugly joints so they immediately think having all those joints are the problem. All those joints aren't the problem, it just so happens that all those joints weren't done properly on this figure.

Reaction score
Its great to hear someone talking sense. An ugly figure is ugly because its SA, its ugly because its ugly. Equally a 5POA is nice because its nice, not cos its 5POA. In addition to that there is the factor that its easier to get a proportionate sculpt if you are only using 5POA. That said, there are poor examples of both types of figures. But that doesnt mean there are fast and hard rules.
Agreed. Perfect example is Chewbacca. I think the Mission Series version is vastly inferior in sculpt to the SA Early Bird version.

Thankfully, he's one of there VERY few (if not the only one) that suffers from an inferior sculpt in this line.

Reaction score
WOW, what a great figure! For what these figures lack in articulation, they make-up for in detail!
Star Wars Saga Legends Bespin Han Solo

Reaction score
I really wanted to love this figure. But I just can't. It looks awesome. But it has the same problem as ANH Han in that the gadgets on the belt hinder the leg articulation. I love 5poa. But with only 5poa, those articulation points ought to function properly.

Reaction score
Nah, its great. Paint is awesome on all I've seen.

You already have your SA Bespin Han with "better paint/plastic, more articulation and less wide stance.":

Lol….
This reminds me why Han's Bespin outfit is my favorite of his outfits in the movies. It's just really cool.

Reaction score
I really wanted to love this figure. But I just can't. It looks awesome. But it has the same problem as ANH Han in that the gadgets on the belt hinder the leg articulation. I love 5poa. But with only 5poa, those articulation points ought to function properly.
What do you mean? The legs rotate up to a full 90º angle. What more do you want? Yoga Han?

:wtf:

Reaction score
What do you mean? The legs rotate up to a full 90º angle. What more do you want? Yoga Han?

:wtf:
His coat slices into the stuff on his belt if you rotate a full 90. Same as anh Han. I trimmed the bottom of anh Hans vest on his holster leg and fixed the clearance issue. Haven't done so on the other leg yet.

Reaction score
His coat slices into the stuff on his belt if you rotate a full 90. Same as anh Han. I trimmed the bottom of anh Hans vest on his holster leg and fixed the clearance issue. Haven't done so on the other leg yet.
Might be a running change or something because mine can go 90º with no resistance or clearance issues whatsoever.

Reaction score
Might be a running change or something because mine can go 90º with no resistance or clearance issues whatsoever.
You might just have gotten lucky somehow. If the leg peg is pushed back a bit, it clears. My anh Han is the 4 pack version so it should be the running change version if there was one.

Reaction score

That SA Bespin Han looks like a mess. At first glance, it appears to look like Paul McCartney with a bad haircut and funky boots. Clearly a case of where SA fails miserably to produce an aestheticly pleasing product. The 5POA figure on the other hand, is such an excellent sculpt which is far more proportional than the clunky TVC version. On the other hand, at least Sir Paul would be pretty happy to have his first Star Wars action figure. ��

Reaction score
Ok, really couldn't wait apparently. Went to Wal-Mart on a whim and they had the whole wave. Got Luke in the mail last week, am skipping Lando but grabbed Han bespin. Then of course he didn't ring up in the system. The lady at first said it's not a Wal-Mart product. So I showed her they had like 10 figures for sale. Not sure why they weren't in the system but nice to see she honored the price on display. So have him in hand now. He's amazing. Best overall looking Han bespin ever. Now I just need to return the figure coming in the mail somewhere. It won't be Wal-Mart as it won't scan.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I had the same issue at WM. Now the store doesn't get credit for selling this specific line because they don't have it entered in the system.

Reaction score
Ok, really couldn't wait apparently. Went to Wal-Mart on a whim and they had the whole wave. Got Luke in the mail last week, am skipping Lando but grabbed Han bespin. Then of course he didn't ring up in the system. The lady at first said it's not a Wal-Mart product. So I showed her they had like 10 figures for sale. Not sure why they weren't in the system but nice to see she honored the price on display. So have him in hand now. He's amazing. Best overall looking Han bespin ever. Now I just need to return the figure coming in the mail somewhere. It won't be Wal-Mart as it won't scan.
I was at a Walmart yesterday morning and they refused to sell me toys. Wouldn't appear in the system and the manager said the toys were recalled. When I left they were boxing up all of them.

Reaction score
I had that happened to me once with a Vintage Collection deleted scenes Luke, such BS.

Reaction score
I was at a Walmart yesterday morning and they refused to sell me toys. Wouldn't appear in the system and the manager said the toys were recalled. When I left they were boxing up all of them.
So weird. Maybe I just got lucky with how I handled it. I remember the deleted scenes wave being an issue so as soon as it wouldn't scan I knew they were having the same problem again. I just acted shocked. "So something in your store isn't for sale, how does that happen?" When the manager came over and said this isn't a Wal-mart product, "But you have 10 other's just like this one." She asked to see where I got it "The toy aisle" as if it were obvious. Then when she saw they had 10 others AND a tag on the pegs advertising it for sale at WM she had to sell it to me. If the store has an item listed for sale even if it's mismarked you can buy it if you handle it correctly. I've even purchased DVD's at a much lower price because of the way they were displayed it was misleading. Play innocent, don't get demanding and point out the obvious thing that should be important.

"Wait, you aren't going to sell me something you have on display as for sale, that's weird?" Often times they will find a way to enter in some sort of price.

Reaction score
Found this guy (x3) at Target over the weekend. So far, it's the only SL figure I've bought, and it is superb. If this had been released back in 1998 or 1999, it would have been an instant hit for collectors. The sculpt is so good that I look passed the lack of articulation. And as some have pointed out, more articulation may have really ruined this one.

Now, if only all the SL figures looked this good.

Reaction score
Found one of these at Target yesterday but sadly the paint apps were horrible. Was really disappointed until I stopped at TRU down the road and found another one with great paint! Not a big collector of this line (up until now my only purchases have been the Stormtrooper) but this figure is great!

Reaction score
I watched empire again yesterday.... Feels great knowing we now have the definitive figure of Han's best outfit-

Sallah

Reaction score
If you really want all those warm childhood feelings again you have to watch Harmy's despecialized edition of Empire. It's great...