Han Solo - Bespin - SL24

Reaction score
[/COLOR]The VOTC Han was an amazing figure when it debuted, but I'm increasingly feeling like we're deserving of a new Han Solo mold entirely - the 5POA SL collection has a better proportioned body compared to the VOTC one.

As for Bespin Han, I actually own no version of this figure and am hoping to acquire this, the TVC and POTJ figures at some point. Hard to believe I don't have a version of him already!
If you do track down the POTJ Han be sure that it's actually from the POTJ line. He was re-released quite a bit and when I saw his re-release in the Legacy Collection Saga Legends I was amazed how different he looked. The paint job wasn't crisp and the details were soft. It happens when a mold is overused.

Reaction score
TVC was painted with a glossy paint which highlights and accentuates all the 'imperfections' as well as the wrinkles. This new one is 3D printed and painted with a matte finish. They are at least as wrinkled as each other.

This new one....was 3D printed? Can you please explain what makes you say that?

Reaction score
Did they fix the legs so he can sit properly without crunching the belt? Anyone who has this figure in hand??

He sits, but when you move the legs forward to put him in a sitting position, the commlink on his belt rubs on his jacket pretty hard.

Reaction score
He sits, but when you move the legs forward to put him in a sitting position, the commlink on his belt rubs on his jacket pretty hard.
Dang, I was hoping they would have fixed that going forward seeing as they gave him a holster on the leg this time. I guess I'll have to either do some trimming on the jacket or something to increase the clearance.

Reaction score
This figure is just reeking of vintage style goodness.
This line is so great.
I almost wish when they do the farmboy Luke he has a lightsaber in the arm. ;)

Reaction score
This figure is just reeking of vintage style goodness.
This line is so great.
I almost wish when they do the farmboy Luke he has a lightsaber in the arm. ;)
No thanks. Early bird kit Luke is out there if you really want that though. Nice neutral sculpt for me...which I'll then probably proceed to butcher and make a custom.

Reaction score
Best Bespin Han ever.

Not even close.

:)
Agreed 100%, I love this figure...he's up there with the SL11 Stormtrooper for me. I don't see myself ever needing another 3.75" Bespin Han, because this is the one I've been hoping for since the 90's. The only negative about him is that his awesomeness sort of throws the disappointment of the Mission Series Chewie into sharper relief! Hopefully, at some point in the next few years--after a farmboy Luke, Old Ben, etc.---Hasbro will revisit a SW/ESB Chewie and knock him out of the park. In the meantime, after posing this Han with a few different Chewies, I dig how he and the POTJ Mechanic Chewie look together:

Reaction score
Nice figure..if it had more articulation and a real belt/holster it could have finally been a definitive version. One thing that disappoints me is Hasbro giving him blue eyes...I don't know why they all of a sudden started this trend. Han Solo does NOT have blue eyes.

Reaction score
Can't wait to get this figure. Hasbro really knocked this Han out of the park. Now we just need Han in Stormtrooper disguise to go with the new Luke!!! Maybe with a new or repainted Chewie?

Reaction score
I never order online but I'm super tempted on this guy...
By ordering it from HTS, you can actually get it cheaper than picking it up at retail, and the shipping is free, using that code. It also saves a trip to the store, so I recommend them. I received the Han I ordered, and it looks good - with the SA vintage version and this, I think Hasbro can close the book on Bespin Han.

Reaction score
By ordering it from HTS, you can actually get it cheaper than picking it up at retail, and the shipping is free, using that code. It also saves a trip to the store, so I recommend them. I received the Han I ordered, and it looks good - with the SA vintage version and this, I think Hasbro can close the book on Bespin Han.
Good to know, of course by the time they restock I'm sure that code will have expired.

Reaction score
Are Bespin Han's legs cast in brown plastic? I'm half tempted to remove the black paint on the boots and paint his belt buckle white for a more vintage feel.

Reaction score
Are Bespin Han's legs cast in brown plastic? I'm half tempted to remove the black paint on the boots and paint his belt buckle white for a more vintage feel.
Yes they are cast in brown plastic but the color is a little too light. Overall a nice figure but still not close to definitive.

Reaction score
Got my bespin han today.
This line just keeps getting better.
A very nice sculpt.
I havnt put him next to my vintage figure yet but he really does give me the vintage vibe.
But then all of them do.

Reaction score
Nice figure..if it had more articulation and a real belt/holster it could have finally been a definitive version.
Sorry, but if it had more articulation and a "real" belt/holster, it would look like crap (see VC version). Proper scale, proportions and sculpt purity go out the window when you add too much at this size. This is what makes this line so awesome. These are just pure Star Wars figures.

Best thing Hasbro/Kenner has given us in decades.

Reaction score
Why?
these figures look great because hasbro went back to a sculpt that was what made kenner the pioneer of the modern action figure and the built on it.
I am an old school figure collector. I can overlook a bunch of articulation for an awesome sculpt.
I guess i dont have a problem with an action figure i could pull down and play with and not jave to worry about it breaking if i tweak it.
And why are we griping anyway? We have the saga/mission line on one side then we still have the black series.
I also think with all the super articulated star wars thats already been done its time to go back to some basics to give the
other collectors like me something to buy.
I had all but stopped buying star wars til these came out.

We're doomed : (

Reaction score
Why?
these figures look great because hasbro went back to a sculpt that was what made kenner the pioneer of the modern action figure and the built on it.
I am an old school figure collector. I can overlook a bunch of articulation for an awesome sculpt.
I guess i dont have a problem with an action figure i could pull down and play with and not jave to worry about it breaking if i tweak it.
And why are we griping anyway? We have the saga/mission line on one side then we still have the black series.
I also think with all the super articulated star wars thats already been done its time to go back to some basics to give the
other collectors like me something to buy.
I had all but stopped buying star wars til these came out.
Agreed.
Its just a great sculpt and a brilliant representation of the character. Look how awkward it makes the recent Vintage figure look.

Reaction score
Nice figure..if it had more articulation and a real belt/holster it could have finally been a definitive version. One thing that disappoints me is Hasbro giving him blue eyes...I don't know why they all of a sudden started this trend. Han Solo does NOT have blue eyes.
I hate the separate holster. It never lays right, just floats and if the holster does have the leg strap then he can't sit. Sculpted on belt and holster for me. Even with chewie, that's why I still love the potj mechanic chewie. Homerun of a figure from 2001 and now he has a perfect companion figure in this new Han.

Reaction score
Agreed. Its just a great sculpt and a brilliant representation of the character. Look how awkward it makes the recent Vintage figure look.
I'm really hoping we can all get to the point where the merits of the Legends and SA line can be discussed without insulting the other line.

The Legends Han is a fantastic sculpt and looks natural with a neutral stance. Only one natural pose is possible due to limited articulation. Details are very sharp. Great likeness.

The VC Han has sharp details. Articulation allows dynamic movie accurate poses. Head sculpt is lacking, and feet are small.

This one has me stumped. I have my current VC Han posed in a dynamic "shooting at Vader" stance, and it looks great. But this Legends Han is fantastic in the neutral pose and has a much better likeness. I'm not sure which to display.....decisions decisions :).

Reaction score
I agree, both lines can and should coexist. If someone prefers SA, they can simply buy those instead, or enjoy what they already have, like the vintage collection Bespin Han. I have this figure and the SA version, and I like both. Having both versions makes my collection feel complete now.

Reaction score
For me it's like this, I don't actively seek out one line or the other. I seek figures that I like. Simple as that. If SA can deliver a great looking figure I'm there. If 5POA looks good, that's what I'm buying. For example, TVC hoth Leia is a fantastic figure. Great sculpt with joints that don't detract from the figure. The fact that she's super articulated is just a nice bonus. I plan on mixing her and saga legends Han. Proof the two lines can exist!

Reaction score
I am with you.
Hasbro is making an effort to both the vintage collector and the modern collector and i am all for that.
The SA line is some awesome sculpts but i am a collector that loves the magic the vintage line had and these are giving me alittle of that magic back.
I while enjoyed the prequels and the reboots was not struck by the same magic i had from the vintage days.
I really hope hasbro puts out the SL first 12 on vintage cards.
This would be so awesome to have the updated sculpts on original cards.
We can all enjoy the Star Wars line.

I agree, both lines can and should coexist. If someone prefers SA, they can simply buy those instead, or enjoy what they already have, like the vintage collection Bespin Han. I have this figure and the SA version, and I like both. Having both versions makes my collection feel complete now.

Reaction score
I'm really hoping we can all get to the point where the merits of the Legends and SA line can be discussed without insulting the other line.

The Legends Han is a fantastic sculpt and looks natural with a neutral stance. Only one natural pose is possible due to limited articulation. Details are very sharp. Great likeness.

The VC Han has sharp details. Articulation allows dynamic movie accurate poses. Head sculpt is lacking, and feet are small.

This one has me stumped. I have my current VC Han posed in a dynamic "shooting at Vader" stance, and it looks great. But this Legends Han is fantastic in the neutral pose and has a much better likeness. I'm not sure which to display.....decisions decisions :).

Its not about "insulting" other lines. Its about comparing one figure to another, and having an opinion on the results.

Reaction score
^

Agreed. Posting something like this isn't intended to be an insult, it's just reality.

I'm just glad we got another chance to get this figure (and many others) right.

All I can say about the above pic is…..wow!