Han Solo - Bespin - SL24

Reaction score
The paint job on the vintage collection one was pretty sloppy too. Blue paint on the neck of most of the ones I've come across.

Reaction score
I only got one VC figure to keep carded, & although I'll likely get this 5POA figures, I'm working on a definitive custom Bespin Han anyway.

The parts are out there folks. ;)

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the legs for the upcoming carbonite Han. I could live with the VC upper body but not crazy about any of the leg options out there at the moment.

Reaction score
Any hints on the parts being used?
I'll be using the 2006 Saga Collection Carkoon Han as a base, & I'll be doing a little cutting & dremeling as you can probably imagine.

I'm also using the upper arms of the TAC torture chamber Han, & maybe the actual jacket piece. It doesn't have a collar though, so it may get sidelined, but I was thinking of cutting the collar out of the POTJ Bespin Han jacket, & after some modding, gluing it to the TAC jacket piece. The belt is easy enough to sort out, & the lower arms will be ones with a more fitted sleeve cuff - like any of the modern Bespin Lukes' arms. Hands will be specific; one actual blaster gripping hand, & an open 'balancing' hand which won't be hard to source.

I've actually got a few cooking right now; Tatooine Luke, Yavin Luke, Endor Luke, as well as Bespin Han. :)

Reaction score
I'll be using the 2006 Saga Collection Carkoon Han as a base, & I'll be doing a little cutting & dremeling as you can probably imagine.

I'm also using the upper arms of the TAC torture chamber Han, & maybe the actual jacket piece. It doesn't have a collar though, so it may get sidelined, but I was thinking of cutting the collar out of the POTJ Bespin Han jacket, & after some modding, gluing it to the TAC jacket piece. The belt is easy enough to sort out, & the lower arms will be ones with a more fitted sleeve cuff - like any of the modern Bespin Lukes' arms. Hands will be specific; one actual blaster gripping hand, & an open 'balancing' hand which won't be hard to source.

I've actually got a few cooking right now; Tatooine Luke, Yavin Luke, Endor Luke, as well as Bespin Han. :)
So I'm guessing you'll be cutting the lower legs off, dremeling new sockets and installing new lower legs? Interesting idea with the Bespin Luke lower arms. I've always felt the Torture rack sleeves were too flared. I've considered doing a custom with the POTJ Han as a base. New knees and new lower arms.

Really interested to hear about your Tatooine Luke idea. I haven't been satisfied with any of them out there. Commtech Luke is still the one I use.

Reaction score
This figure with regular elbow and knee joints would be mind blowingly perfect and simple.

Reaction score

Just a a quick comparison shot of the new Legends Bespin Han alongside his 'vintage' counterpart. Love this new version!!

Reaction score

Just a a quick comparison shot of the new Legends Bespin Han alongside his 'vintage' counterpart. Love this new version!!
Man, is that the best Harrison Ford headsculpt in this scale? Sure looks like it to me. Thanks for the pics, Coreworld!

Reaction score
Damn!! That just about says it all. Can't wait for this one. Might go down as my favorite figure of all time…..seriously. LOVE Han Bespin figures!

i can't wait. It's so weird that before that SA figure, the last Han Bespin figure was POTJ. I know that figure wasn't too bad, but we had to wait a looooong time for an updated Han, and then when it came, it was the seriously flawed Vintage version. So it's great that Hasbro has righted that wrong and given us an awesome Han Bespin. (I know the 5POA haters won't like it, but I do!)

Reaction score
why on earth would you want to do that? It's a terrible body.
1. I don't think that it's a bad body at all, with the exception of the feet and portrait. This Legends portrait will be a nicely sculpted replacement.

2. I'm still in the "I like to be able to pose my figures when possible" camp, although I'm not against folks enjoying 5 POA. I enjoyed 5-6 POA for years until they starting adding more to the figures, and I can still enjoy them in cases where there aren't SA alternatives (Rebels, Cyborg legs Maul, JT Guard, etc.).

Reaction score
1. I don't think that it's a bad body at all, with the exception of the feet and portrait. This Legends portrait will be a nicely sculpted replacement.

2. I'm still in the "I like to be able to pose my figures when possible" camp, although I'm not against folks enjoying 5 POA. I enjoyed 5-6 POA for years until they starting adding more to the figures, and I can still enjoy them in cases where there aren't SA alternatives (Rebels, Cyborg legs Maul, JT Guard, etc.).
Its only my opinion, and I guess "terrible" is a little extreme. I just think it's not a great sculpt. The crotch and legs are real problems IMO. The articulation really divides people. I forget that sometimes cos I just want all my figures lined up in a display.

Reaction score
Its only my opinion, and I guess "terrible" is a little extreme. I just think it's not a great sculpt. The crotch and legs are real problems IMO. The articulation really divides people. I forget that sometimes cos I just want all my figures lined up in a display.
There are a lot of things to find fault in that figure. I only collect SA and I can live with the torso/arms on the VC figure, but I'm still looking for a new set of legs, hoping the upcoming carbonite figure will work. Will definitely check out the SL Bespin Han headsculpt too, though the carbonite one looks pretty similar from what I recall.

Reaction score
Man, is that the best Harrison Ford headsculpt in this scale? Sure looks like it to me. Thanks for the pics, Coreworld!
I'll have to have it in hand to make that call but it does look good. IMO, another good Han sculpt that gets overlooked is the 2004 Endor Strike Han.

i can't wait. It's so weird that before that SA figure, the last Han Bespin figure was POTJ. I know that figure wasn't too bad, but we had to wait a looooong time for an updated Han, and then when it came, it was the seriously flawed Vintage version. So it's great that Hasbro has righted that wrong and given us an awesome Han Bespin. (I know the 5POA haters won't like it, but I do!)
That POTJ Bespin Han was great for its day and is still a nice figure. As for the SA Bespin Han I'm surprised they spent the funds to sculpt a new figure. Between the SA Endor Han and the SA torture rack Han they already had the parts to make a SA Bespin Han. Those parts still wouldn't have made a perfect Bespin Han but it would have been OK. At least it would have saved them money rather than them spending the time and money to tool a new sculpt only for it to miss the mark.

Reaction score
I actually still like the POTJ Bespin Han. I'm going to be really torn over this figure. Do I keep him as is or use his head on the POTJ Bespin body to make a custom. Or do make a custom using this body? Decisions decisions.

Does this figure have the same sitting problem that the Mission Series Han had? The belt jacket interference?

Reaction score
I actually still like the POTJ Bespin Han. I'm going to be really torn over this figure. Do I keep him as is or use his head on the POTJ Bespin body to make a custom. Or do make a custom using this body? Decisions decisions.

Does this figure have the same sitting problem that the Mission Series Han had? The belt jacket interference?
I don't know about this particular figure, but I can say with certainty that the head on the Mission Series Han Solo (A New Hope outfit) is not compatible with that POTJ Bespin Han Solo. So if this head sculpt is similar then the neck peg will be too thin and will need some alteration. If you want a better sculpt head on the POTJ Bespin Han without having to do any modification then I would suggest the 2004 Endor Strike Han head. All it takes is a simple boil and pop.

Reaction score
I'll have to have it in hand to make that call but it does look good. IMO, another good Han sculpt that gets overlooked is the 2004 Endor Strike Han.

That POTJ Bespin Han was great for its day and is still a nice figure. As for the SA Bespin Han I'm surprised they spent the funds to sculpt a new figure. Between the SA Endor Han and the SA torture rack Han they already had the parts to make a SA Bespin Han. Those parts still wouldn't have made a perfect Bespin Han but it would have been OK. At least it would have saved them money rather than them spending the time and money to tool a new sculpt only for it to miss the mark.

Hmm, already tried that one...the results, awkward to say the least!

Reaction score

Hmm, already tried that one...the results, awkward to say the least!
Not perfect, I admit. But it wouldn't have cost Hasbro any extra money in tooling to create that not perfect Bespin Han. But Hasbro spent money tooling a brand new figure to deliver a not perfect Bespin Han. They could have just saved their money.

Reaction score
Yeah, that articulation was really unnecessary for a Bespin Han. And then they went and re-used it on General Lando *facepalm*

Reaction score
I don't know about this particular figure, but I can say with certainty that the head on the Mission Series Han Solo (A New Hope outfit) is not compatible with that POTJ Bespin Han Solo. So if this head sculpt is similar then the neck peg will be too thin and will need some alteration. If you want a better sculpt head on the POTJ Bespin Han without having to do any modification then I would suggest the 2004 Endor Strike Han head. All it takes is a simple boil and pop.
I don't mind a little modification to a figure. Thickening up a joint post is possibly the easiest thing to do on a figure. From what I've seen of this figure I'm learning towards just leaving him alone. He's just too beautiful. Basically what I wished the POTF2 figure was.

Reaction score

i can't wait. It's so weird that before that SA figure, the last Han Bespin figure was POTJ.
There was the rack one too, but he wasn't very good.
I think this one is ugly, over-exagerrated features. Harrison is not a chinless wonder with a giant nose! :grin: (Not that it really matters that much to me at this scale to be fair - it reminds me of the large head vintage Han which I always disliked compared to the small variation).
I'll be keeping my POTJ one as the display favourite.

Reaction score
There was the rack one too, but he wasn't very good.
I think this one is ugly, over-exagerrated features. Harrison is not a chinless wonder with a giant nose! :grin: (Not that it really matters that much to me at this scale to be fair - it reminds me of the large head vintage Han which I always disliked compared to the small variation).
I'll be keeping my POTJ one as the display favourite.

oh Satan come on! You just hate 5 POA figures. I am surprised to hear anyone that doesn't love this figure.

And yeah I never counted that Torture a Rack figure dos I don't believe it was designed to be without its rack accessory.

Reaction score
I have some. And POTJ Han isn't exactly a modern release is he? Yet he is still my personal favourite. I dislike the charisma-lacking straight poses though you are correct.
it's just great to see Han getting some love at the moment with a raft of new figures. I am just pleased they have improved the head sculpt as much as they have cos that VOTC head that they have been using is bad. I never would have thought we would see a new Bespin, Endor, Hoth and Carbonite all at the same time (with a Stormtrooper due soon as well?).

Reaction score
it's just great to see Han getting some love at the moment with a raft of new figures. I am just pleased they have improved the head sculpt as much as they have cos that VOTC head that they have been using is bad. I never would have thought we would see a new Bespin, Endor, Hoth and Carbonite all at the same time (with a Stormtrooper due soon as well?).
Agreed, I am very happy with the latest Han Sculpt, to my eyes they have finally captured Harrison Ford's likeness and have given me cause to re-evaluate the sculpts gone by, my favourite used to be the VOTC Endor Han head, now I think it looks like tripe! Looking forward to the coat less Endor Han now...

Reaction score
Agreed, I am very happy with the latest Han Sculpt, to my eyes they have finally captured Harrison Ford's likeness and have given me cause to re-evaluate the sculpts gone by, my favourite used to be the VOTC Endor Han head, now I think it looks like tripe! Looking forward to the coat less Endor Han now...

Agreed. If there is one thing the Hasbro line does to me, it makes me continually retire figures and buy new versions! I am a sucker. I cant see them doing a Endor Han without a coat anytime soon, so I was planning on getting an extra Carbonite Han and using the holster and gilet from the old figure for it.

Reaction score

Yakfaces great comparison photo highlights the trouble they have had with this crucial figure for a looooooong time. The recent Vintage version was ok, but such a missed opportunity and had several issues. I am so pleased that I no longer have to decide between the POTJ and the Vintage cos I really like the new Legends figure.

Reaction score
Yakfaces great comparison photo highlights the trouble they have had with this crucial figure for a looooooong time. The recent Vintage version was ok, but such a missed opportunity and had several issues. I am so pleased that I no longer have to decide between the POTJ and the Vintage cos I really like the new Legends figure.
Yeah, putting aside sentimental attachment to the vintage figure, the POTJ has been my favorite up until now, too...although slapping a gas mask and a gunbelt from one of those foul SA Endor Hans onto the torture rack Han made for a decent "Mynock Hunt" Solo. The POTJ Bespin Han has that quality where he doesn't look a thing like Harrison Ford, but he feels like Han Solo.

JVM

Reaction score
I am just pleased they have improved the head sculpt as much as they have cos that VOTC head that they have been using is bad.

The VOTC Han was an amazing figure when it debuted, but I'm increasingly feeling like we're deserving of a new Han Solo mold entirely - the 5POA SL collection has a better proportioned body compared to the VOTC one.

As for Bespin Han, I actually own no version of this figure and am hoping to acquire this, the TVC and POTJ figures at some point. Hard to believe I don't have a version of him already!