Han Solo - Bespin Outfit - VC50

Reaction score
I can't find this figure anywhere. I don't think I have ever owned a Bespin Han other than Sideshow's 1:6 scale figure. I needz him!

If anyone has an extra with a good paint job, PM me, please! Loose would be fine. I have a couple of mint unpunched TPM figures for trade, or I could just buy him from you.

Reaction score
Here's a more recent shot of my Bespin Han that shows how well those CVS rubber bands match the color of the holster:

Reaction score
I have never saw that Han in the wild. I got mine from BBTS. I did happen upon wave 7 at a music store last year, and all was there but the Han (I got the RFT). My problem is a glut of TPM hanging from the local store pegs. This was yesterday:

It is real depressing to see the same guys since January!

Reaction score
Don't worry, Episode 1 3d will be such a big hit, that stuffs going to sell right through. You'll
see...any day now...you just wait you'll see...........................................................................................

Reaction score
Don't worry, Episode 1 3d will be such a big hit, that stuffs going to sell right through. You'll
see...any day now...you just wait you'll see...........................................................................................
...maybe not.

But that's Ok, because next year Episode 2 3d will be such a big hit, that stuffs going to sell right through. You'll see...

Reaction score
I feel your pain, that pic could be from any and all Walmarts here as well, though a smattering of the Evazan wave did hit a few stores.

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is pretty much everything about this figure (besides the head sculp) utterly disappointing?
-The overly wrinkled jacket.
-The terrible feet.
-The claw hands.
-The high holster.

Why can Hasbro make such GREAT luke figures and fall so flat on Han Solo?

Reaction score
The overly wrinkly jacket was annoying at first, but I've gotten used to it. The tiny feet gotta go though. VC Hoth Leia's feet are bigger than his! Still need to decide which of my figures needs to make the sacrifice and replace them.

Reaction score
The hands and feet are an easy fix. That, and a slightly better paint job, put him in a battle pack or Movie Heroes, and I'd be happy!

Reaction score
I picked up a pack of rubber bands for a holster strap from CVS. Only problem is that these bands really only fit the Bespin Han legs and NO other Han figure. It's gonna be a pain in the **** but I'm going to attempt to cut the bands and glue back so that my Ceremony and Return Hans can have an upgrade. For the life of me I can't understand why Hasbro didn't just make this already, Luke has the FREAKING strap! Come on Han is a smuggler that needs a strap every now and again......

Reaction score
You can cut and re attach those rubberbands. I did it to lower hans holster. The holster is supposed to be on his thigh just above hid knee. Not hovering on his hip. I also repainted the bespin escape Han blaster. The dengar gun is too big in my opinion.

Anyway, lowering the holster makes a huge difference to me. It's so much more "Han Solo".

Reaction score
speaking of cutting and re-attaching, I got an extra Bespin Han and tried to swap out the tiny boots. Long story short, his legs are now cut off below the knee. Anybody want to take a shot at fixing him? I am apparently no surgeon. I have a couple extra Endor Hans who could donate their legs.. I'm lost here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
speaking of cutting and re-attaching, I got an extra Bespin Han and tried to swap out the tiny boots. Long story short, his legs are now cut off below the knee. Anybody want to take a shot at fixing him? I am apparently no surgeon. I have a couple extra Endor Hans who could donate their legs.. I'm lost here.
I'm no customizer but couldnt you have just boil and popped the feet and put different ones on?

Last edited:
Reaction score
probably, but after stretching the joint at the knee so much, I had no choice but to cut it.

I tried pulling the boots off at the ankle and it deformed the lower part of the leg. So I moved up to the knee.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How much below the knee did you cut?

If you cut it at the top of the boot you'll have to use SG and the dowel method, otherwise temperature changes will cause the glue to get brittle over time and it eventually will snap off.
You could also try using very small wood screw and SG combo for a better grip.

Reaction score
I just replaced Han's feet with EBT's feet. It was a tight fit, but I managed to squeeze them in there after cutting the stem off the top of each feet. Looks much better now, not as feminine as before.

Reaction score
The rumors appear to be true. Seems Hasbro did have the factory clean up the paint apps on this latest version of Bespin Han. I found one at WalMart today and noticed that the paint on the hair and eyes looked better than the all the pics I'd seen of the first release. Glad I finally found this figure, and an improved one to boot!

So you actually found one of these in a store? Did they re-release?

Reaction score
Will RFT's feet work on Han? Will I need to trim the stumps?

Seems kind of crappy to have spend 9-10$ on a Rebel Fleet Trooper just for a hand and feet, but these things are annoying me with han.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used TLC Needa's feet from a fodder body I had laying around. Had to trim the peg down a little, but they look good to me.

Reaction score
First attempt ever at boil and pop and I got scared and bailed. Started pulling off the feet after warming them up and they seemed to stretch too much and I was worried that they would be shot.

Are they supposed to stretch a ton before popping? Should I have just kept going?

Reaction score
First attempt ever at boil and pop and I got scared and bailed. Started pulling off the feet after warming them up and they seemed to stretch too much and I was worried that they would be shot.

Are they supposed to stretch a ton before popping? Should I have just kept going?
It was probably a good idea to stop where you were. The ankle joints in this particular Han Solo are a bit tight (I've customized this figure before), but you'll want to give the ankles as much time as possible to soften up.

You can bring the water to a boil or microwave a mug of water for 2+ minutes: this should get it hot enough to completely warm all joints.
I've left figures in for a couple of minutes to completely soften the joints I want to remove; it won't hurt the figures at all to leave them in for a couple of minutes or so.

Keep in mind: Figures with ball-jointed hips sometimes behave funny after going the boil-n-pop route. If you want to target only the feet, then you may have to hold just the parts you want to remove into the water so you won't potentially soften the hips.

Hope this helps; I hope you're able to get him the way you want!

Last edited:
Reaction score

I understand your caution, I myself would only really try it on something you can afford to lose if it goes wrong. If I were to try it on a Bespin Han I'd make sure I had another as back up.

That said, I did modify my Concept Chewie, first mod I'd ever tried of this kind. I experienced the exact same elasticity phenomena with the plastic as you did. I was removing his lower legs and putting his feet into his knees to make him shorter for a Puggles Trodd custom. When pulling out the feet and the lower legs, the ball joints stretched to a freekishly long degree. But they did pull back into shape and I was able to put the feet back into the legs just how I wanted. It was a total success and I have a nice dwarfish Concept Chewie.

Reaction score
Why do we have Ewan MacGregor so over represented at retail, and virtually no Harrison Ford?!? I would love multiples of this figure, and have only found one, and paid too much, at a comic shop.

Maybe Target will do the Han Bespin, Ugnaught, Lobot Vintage 3 Pak? Could care less about the other two, but at least it's a chance to get him.

Sometimes I hate Hasbro.

Reaction score
It was probably a good idea to stop where you were. The ankle joints in this particular Han Solo are a bit tight (I've customized this figure before), but you'll want to give the ankles as much time as possible to soften up.

You can bring the water to a boil or microwave a mug of water for 2+ minutes: this should get it hot enough to completely warm all joints.
I've left figures in for a couple of minutes to completely soften the joints I want to remove; it won't hurt the figures at all to leave them in for a couple of minutes or so.

Keep in mind: Figures with ball-jointed hips sometimes behave funny after going the boil-n-pop route. If you want to target only the feet, then you may have to hold just the parts you want to remove into the water so you won't potentially soften the hips.

Hope this helps; I hope you're able to get him the way you want!
Thanks for the pointers JediMerc and Oddball.

Are there any benefits to the hair dryer route vs boiled water? I am just targeting the feet on this particular figure, as I hate Han's little ballerina feet. And he isn't crazy priced any more so I can pick up a spare, if I must.

*edit* All went smooth. Soaked him ankle high for a minute and a half and they pulled right out. I think my first attempt I got too much of just the feet and not enough at the joint.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man that Han's deco looks so much better. Now I have to hunt for this.
I found one at Walmart the other day with the Darth Maul sticker, and the paint apps were crap. There might be some that have been corrected, but all of them have definitely not been.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, so inconsistent.
I will have hunt at Toy shows unless someone has it and is willing to sell or trade. I would be very interested....PM me...please....with sugar on it...

Reaction score
Why do we have Ewan MacGregor so over represented at retail, and virtually no Harrison Ford?!? I would love multiples of this figure, and have only found one, and paid too much, at a comic shop.

Maybe Target will do the Han Bespin, Ugnaught, Lobot Vintage 3 Pak? Could care less about the other two, but at least it's a chance to get him.

Sometimes I hate Hasbro.
I would like to know that answer to that one too. Same with the VOTC ANH Han. Either Bespin Han is going to be released agin this fall or they have a Target 3 Pack coming. If I was a betting man, I'd say in the 3-pack, especially because Slave I is supposed to be coming.

Reaction score
Anyone still looking for this figure?

I finally broke down and bought the four I wanted off of eBay. Not happy with the price, but it is considerably less than he has been. 2012 version as well. Hoping for nice paint jobs when they arrive.

"Hey Hasbro!", last time I checked, Han Solo was a major character. Even kids might know who he is, and I think parents too.

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and picked up the Bespin Han that has been haunting the toy section at the Walmart in Pana, IL for the last month or so.

The paint apps on the face are acceptable, but I will still need to do some touching up on the hairline. His facial expression makes him look like he's half asleep.

Now that I think about it, this is actually the very first TVC Han Solo that isn't kit bashed from earlier Han Solo figures. Overall, he is okay, nothing to get really excited about; but nothing overly offensive either (I'm actually not bothered by the lack of a leg strap or the tiny feet).

Reaction score
"Hey Hasbro!", last time I checked, Han Solo was a major character. Even kids might know who he is, and I think parents too.
I feel the same way. We've been inundated with Obis and Anis and now Mauls and Gonns, why not this Han Solo or the ANH one?

Reaction score
I have never seen this guy in the Memphis TN area. I bought mine from BBTS with the rest of his wave only to find his wave once in the wild at a comic book store. Han was the only one missing. Now with TPM still clogging everything here, I have not seen his repack any where,

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

:) Picked up Han Solo Bespin Outfit today (from a fellow trader) - on an unpunched card, and in great condition!

Glad to have finally picked this up, as I never seen him out in the retail wild before...

:) Very Happy!