Han Solo - Bespin Outfit - VC50

Reaction score
I must be easily sated by TVC, because I would never see 3/4 of the flaws that are mentioned if I didn't come on these boards. I think this Han is near-perfect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not having a leg strap is a weird oversight, otherwise I think this figure is great. This head should be used on more Han figures going forward.

Reaction score
This is a great figure once you fix the hands. I swapped the hands with an older Luke figure (I think it was Tatooine Luke from 30th Anniv. Coll.) and it looks great.

Reaction score
I feel like it's a great headsculpt that got marred by a not so great paint job... I'm all about repainting hair when it's needed but I'm too unsteady to do eyes and eyebrows, and that's what this one needs!

Reaction score
This figure for me was a big one. It's my favorite character, in my favorite outfit, from my favorite movie. As such, I'm probably judging it a little more harsh than many other guys here. Not to mention an update was long over due, since it took over 10 years to see this figure realized. I like this figure, I do. I give it about a 7 out of 10. For me, it's a little bit of a let down, since there are a lot of recent(but less significant figure) that are easiliy a 10 out of 10.

Problems with figure are:

- leg strap: such a small and easy to do detail, that is present on almost any figure with this kind of holster, left off this figure. (most likely because the legs were designed to be used on Lando)
- holster it self: Hans holster is not a box sitting on his hip. It's a thin narrow holster strapped to his lower thigh, almost low enough to be at the knee. This figure has it almost ON his upper belt, it just looks off, it doesn't have that low slung cow bow blaster look.
- the wrong blaster: Han used a completely different blaster in esb, from the one in anh, yet we get the over used anh blaster and dengar(?), gets the correct Han blaster?
- the jacket: while the color to me is perfect, the sculpted an unreasonable amount of folds and wrinkles into the sleeves. Why? His jacket fit pretty tight and was very pressed/wrinkr free. I'm
all for detail, but good detail. Arbitrary folds all over the place doesn't equal "good detail"
- the hands: many people have already replaced the
oddly big hands on this figure.
- the ankles: for some weird reason this figure boots include an inaccurate "flare" at the ankle. There are plenty of other figures with boots exactly like Hans that don't have that weird flare. What was the reason for that?
- paint: many people have already expressed how bad the paint had been on the hair/eyes/torso...

So, I don't dislike this figure. I like it, I think it's Good. But just good, there's a lot lacking too. For this particular figure, I was hoping for something better. Not perfect...just more like kithaba or other fantastic sculpts. This figure is...ok. Id welcome a new take on it.

Reaction score
It was a good figure, but hasbro did take some ridiculous shortcuts (some of which are fixable by customizing, some are not).

The upper half was really well done, though the paint job was sloppy on some samples. The hands were oversized and very poorly designed. The left hand especially. The pistol and holster were completely wrong because of laziness, plain and simple. Hasbro decided to cut corners and modified the existing belt and holster to fit on the reused Lando legs (which really only worked for Lando), without actually changing it to be film accurate. A brand new holster and belt piece would have been required in order to fit the proper blaster and be costume accurate (low slung holster, and a thigh strap). Perhaps in a few years we'll see this one upgraded with better legs and the proper blaster and holster, like with the rebel fleet trooper's missing holster.

Reaction score
I totally agree with all of July's post.
This is my favorite version of Han ever since I was a kid, and I was really looking forward to this figure after too many years needing an update.
Sadly when it finally arrived is was a bit of a letdown due to all the inaccuracies/mistakes, on what was supposed to be the definitive Bespin Han.

I'm not saying that it's total garbage because it totally knock the previous figure off the shelf, but with so many overlooks I wonder what happened.

The most glaring for me are the flared boots, offset pant stripes, blaster, and hands.

Reaction score
What hands have people been using to replace his hands? I've seen the Rebel Fleet Trooper hands mentioned. Any others?
I went with the RFT hands so I could have the "Ford finger"

Plus the RFT's right hand works better with the proper blaster:

Last edited:
Reaction score
This figure for me was a big one. It's my favorite character, in my favorite outfit, from my favorite movie. As such, I'm probably judging it a little more harsh than many other guys here. Not to mention an update was long over due, since it took over 10 years to see this figure realized. I like this figure, I do. I give it about a 7 out of 10. For me, it's a little bit of a let down, since there are a lot of recent(but less significant figure) that are easiliy a 10 out of 10.

Problems with figure are:

- leg strap: such a small and easy to do detail, that is present on almost any figure with this kind of holster, left off this figure. (most likely because the legs were designed to be used on Lando)
- holster it self: Hans holster is not a box sitting on his hip. It's a thin narrow holster strapped to his lower thigh, almost low enough to be at the knee. This figure has it almost ON his upper belt, it just looks off, it doesn't have that low slung cow bow blaster look.
- the wrong blaster: Han used a completely different blaster in esb, from the one in anh, yet we get the over used anh blaster and dengar(?), gets the correct Han blaster?
- the jacket: while the color to me is perfect, the sculpted an unreasonable amount of folds and wrinkles into the sleeves. Why? His jacket fit pretty tight and was very pressed/wrinkr free. I'm
all for detail, but good detail. Arbitrary folds all over the place doesn't equal "good detail"
- the hands: many people have already replaced the
oddly big hands on this figure.
- the ankles: for some weird reason this figure boots include an inaccurate "flare" at the ankle. There are plenty of other figures with boots exactly like Hans that don't have that weird flare. What was the reason for that?
- paint: many people have already expressed how bad the paint had been on the hair/eyes/torso...

So, I don't dislike this figure. I like it, I think it's Good. But just good, there's a lot lacking too. For this particular figure, I was hoping for something better. Not perfect...just more like kithaba or other fantastic sculpts. This figure is...ok. Id welcome a new take on it.
All I can tell you is, as long as Star Wars remains a marketable toy line, the perfect release of a main character will never happen. They need to be able to re-release them later in order to sucker us into buying them again.

Sometimes you just have to call something good enough unless you want to continue to re-purchase everything down the road.

I myself have been suckered into the re-purchase many times, so I definitely feel your pain!

Reaction score
I was able to trade one straight up for a brand new Hasbro Force FX ROTJ Luke saber. It was my only one, so now I have to wait for the rerelease. =/
So are we talking the 30.00 TOY saber, or the 130.00 FX saber? 'Cuz if you traded a Bespin Solo for a 130.00 saber, someone must have been pretty damn desperate for that figure!

Reaction score
All I can tell you is, as long as Star Wars remains a marketable toy line, the perfect release of a main character will never happen. They need to be able to re-release them later in order to sucker us into buying them again.
I'm sorry but I believe that theory is wrong, have you not met Hasbro?
They continually repack the core heroes anyways, so getting the figure right can only mean it's right the next time.

Reaction score
The rumors appear to be true. Seems Hasbro did have the factory clean up the paint apps on this latest version of Bespin Han. I found one at WalMart today and noticed that the paint on the hair and eyes looked better than the all the pics I'd seen of the first release. Glad I finally found this figure, and an improved one to boot!

Reaction score
I couldnt take it anymore. I would have been more than happy to give Hasbro my money for something as basic as this:

Last edited:
Reaction score
yep,on an extra I bought. I cant take the easy, obvious missed figures. Alls Hasbro had to do..was use the Bespin body as a base..and IF they wanted to..sculpt new arms...or retool the back of the vest. But what do they do? release that god awful endor thing from 6 years ago. How lazy.

Anyway, Im still working on this..

Last edited:
Reaction score
yep,on an extra I bought. I cant take the easy, obvious missed figures. Alls Hasbro had to do..was use the Bespin body as a base..and IF they wanted to..sculpt new arms...or retool the back of the vest. But what do they do? release that god awful endor thing from 6 years ago. How lazy.

Anyway, Im still working on this..
Looks good so far, although I would see if you could find some new arms. They feel a little too thick to be a shirt. Some smaller arms would help sell the jacket being a vest a little bit better.

Reaction score
That's a great idea...thx

Btw, can you explain the best way to swap arms? I've never done it, my customs thus far didn't entail switching limbs.

Reaction score
Btw, can you explain the best way to swap arms? I've never done it, my customs thus far didn't entail switching limbs.
Boil-and-pop. You can fill a coffee mug (or something similar), heat it up for 2-3 minutes in the microwave and let the pieces that you want to swap limbs from sit in there for a couple minutes each. Pat dry with a towel and pull the limbs that you want to switch out of their sockets. Should allow you to pull the arms/etc. out easily and swap while still warm, unless you try to pull the arms from one of those barrel-chested torso Endor Hans...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Heck, you can make it easier than that. I don't like messing with boiling water so I use a fairly high power hair dryer for about a minute to get the plastic soft and swappable.
Heck, I like combining boiling water with a high-powered hair dryer: twice the effectiveness for customizing. Only kidding: DON'T try this at home, kids...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So are we talking the 30.00 TOY saber, or the 130.00 FX saber? 'Cuz if you traded a Bespin Solo for a 130.00 saber, someone must have been pretty damn desperate for that figure!
The ForceFX are the 100$+ sabers. There was a time, before the release of Wave 4, where Bespin Han was going for 75-100$ online and my buddy did not want to pay crazy prices and was in a rush to get him and didn't want to wait for the repack.

Buy Conair Rubber Bands Assorted Colors online at CVS.com

Are these rubber bands that people are using for the holster strap? Is there a better solution or holster? Saw someone mention Smuggler Lando but that doesn't seem to sit much lower and still needs the bottom strap.

Also what are the best feet replacement for his dainty ballerina toes?

The hair on my W4 one is actually pretty good. I do need to get a Dengar blaster, leg strap and new feet though.

Last edited: