Han Solo - Bespin Outfit - VC50

GNT

Reaction score
Han Solo - Bespin Outfit - VC**

Seems like Hasbro have plans for a Super articulated Bespin Han Solo figure for either 2010/2011.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
HansHideout.com (Jeff): Since fan polls and wishlists are all the rage these days, we thought we'd pass along our Han's Hideout "Top Five" list for your consideration:

1) Super-Articulated Bespin Han Solo
2) Bollux/Blue Max (Han Solo at Star's End)
3) Jolli (Marvel Comics)
4) Crimson Jack (Marvel Comics)
5) Bom Vimdin

Having seen our list, should we be super-excited for 2010, sort of excited, or bracing ourselves for disappointment?

Hasbro: It's interesting that you have chosen, aside from the on-screen Han and Bom Vindin, three figures that commemorate the very earliest EU storytelling and are remembered fondly by long-time fans. In the scheme of what's happening today, however, these are a little obscure and probably not high on most fans' wish lists, but we'll see when the next Fans' Choice Vote nominations conclude in August (be sure and get your top 30 votes in!). From your list, at least one of those will be out in 2010 (you can probably guess which) and one more is almost a certain "lock" for 2011. As fo the rest, well, we hope that the comic packs have a long and fruitful life and we can get to one or more of them. As for our personal choice, it would be very cool to see Bollux/Blue Max some day

[/QUOTE]

Thoughts on seeing a SA Bespin Han Solo? What should he come with?

Reaction score
Re: Bespin Han Solo - Super Articulated

Nothing but his blaster. Let's not let H get too creative with this one. Neutral parted hair as well. I hope they don't use his Hoth frizzy fro as a reference. Bespin Landing Platform is the image they should use.

Reaction score

I think I would pass on Bespin Han. It's just not a version I really want.

Reaction score

This is just one of those DUH releases. With it being the 30th Anniversary of ESB next year, I'd say this one is a lock.

I'd also guess that with whatever stuff is going on with the "cancellation" of the Legacy series, and the rumors around the packaging change, something is up for next year, we don't know what it is yet, but all factors point to a return of the vintage style packaging next year.

Hopefully this Han will be one of many in that series!

'78

Reaction score

This had better be a whole new sculpt from top to bottom, or I'm gonna drive over to Rhode Island and throttle somebody.

Reaction score

ETAndElliot said:
Needs to be an all new figure.
I third this.

If I see any more attempts to frankenstein VOTC into a Han figure I'll smash my head into the nearest wall.

Reaction score

This was the Han I played with most as a kid, I don't get why they haven't made one yet.

Reaction score

GKinCT said:
I think I would pass on Bespin Han. It's just not a version I really want.
Only his ANH outfit is more iconic! This figure is at the heart of Star Wars. Bespin Han is way overdue and hopefully the definative version we've been waiting for.

Reaction score

It would be good to have one of these guys, too bad they were in a rush to re-release the one that's currently out.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
I'd also guess that with whatever stuff is going on with the "cancellation" of the Legacy series, and the rumors around the packaging change, something is up for next year, we don't know what it is yet, but all factors point to a return of the vintage style packaging next year.
'78
I thought all the cancellation talk delt with the UK only? Just wondering if I missed something!

Reaction score

I'm all for this one. I just -really- want them to make him look good; the POTJ one, while a bit static and pre-posed, is a marvelous-looking figure and I hope they can bring some of that to him. No giant barrel chests and toothpick legs, please.

Reaction score

GNT said:
I'm all for an update of this Han. Though i'm not expecting much to be included with him, handcuffs and/or tools and goggles from the MF scenes would be great.

Reaction score

darthjaybay said:
Since1978 said:
'78
I thought all the cancellation talk delt with the UK only? Just wondering if I missed something!
That's also where the news of the spring packaging replacement is coming from, so maybe the gears are turning there sooner.

See the full discussion in the news and rumor thread.

Nothing is getting cancelled on our end, they may just be hearing about the switch sooner.

Reaction score

Oh lordy this better be good. I've got my FINGERS & TOES FIRMLY CROSSED!!!!

No need to go into specifics for what's required, I'll let Toonimator give everybody the uber-accurate run down.

Anyway, I'm slowly gathering parts for MY version of the ultimate Han, so what ever happens I'm working on things at my end regardless.

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
GNT said:
I'm all for an update of this Han. Though i'm not expecting much to be included with him, handcuffs and/or tools and goggles from the MF scenes would be great.
Yeah, the goggles for those who didn't pick up the sandstorm Han, another tool and maybe a toolbox, which we haven't had before.

OR an exchangeable pointing hand.

Reaction score

If they actually do the figure right this time and find ways to not screw it up, hell yes I'll get it. If.

no, I promise the upcoming crap DS2 Luke didn't make me cynical at all about future new versions of iconic releases of the core characters. Really.

Reaction score

I remember the Bespin Han from way back (PTOJ?) which was one of the first with ball jointed shoulders... loved that figure.

This is my second favourite Han costume and I can't wait to see it done justice with 21st Century tech.

Give him his blaster and I'd be happy. They can give him that breathing apparatus and re-release him later as Mynock Hunt Han (because you know they're going to do it!).

Reaction score

Waaaay overdue. I'd definitely pick this up.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
No need to go into specifics for what's required, I'll let Toonimator give everybody the uber-accurate run down.
Heh! This one's pretty simple. All-new sculpt. Insert-molded joints at shoulders, knees, elbows, ankles. Ball-joint head, since it's fairly standard now, but I wouldn't mind if it was swivel since there's zero consistency on the ball-jointed heads across the entire line. Long necks, short necks, large ball, small ball, deep sockets, shallow sockets, wide variety of sizes... blah.

Swivel wrists, swivel hips, swivel waist. Just don't give him the Quick-Draw Clone or Tycho Celchu posture. Ball-hinge hips might be fun for extra poses & play value (Han bravely rides a Taun Taun out into the Hoth afternoon without his thermal gear on! What a maroon!)

And his blaster. Just give him the 2002 Bespin Luke one, used for many Lukes since (and most recently, Corran Horn). It's good enough, not as shrimpy as the VTAC Bespin Luke one that's been used a lot, and far, far more accurate than the long-scope ANH one. New gunbelt, too, to properly fit it.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Thoughts on seeing a SA Bespin Han Solo?
I'm ecstatic and relieved. This guy's way overdue. The TAC kitbash was a horror.

GNT said:
What should he come with?
Vintage cardback & coffin blister!! That's what he SHOULD come with.

However, if they threw in the accessories from the "current" Saga Legends Han, I'd appreciate it.

Reaction score

GameSix said:
GNT said:
Thoughts on seeing a SA Bespin Han Solo?
I'm ecstatic and relieved. This guy's way overdue. The TAC kitbash was a horror.

GNT said:
What should he come with?
Vintage cardback & coffin blister!! That's what he SHOULD come with.

However, if they threw in the accessories from the "current" Saga Legends Han, I'd appreciate it.
You can say that again!

Reaction score

A definite purchase, he's in my ESB most wanted list, followed by Captain Piett, Dak Ralter, Hoth Leia, Hoth Luke, Shawn Valdez, Toryn Farr!

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
A definite purchase, he's in my ESB most wanted list, followed by Captain Piett, Dak Ralter, Hoth Leia, Hoth Luke, Shawn Valdez, Toryn Farr!

thats a good list,, I'm all about ESB figures, especially this Han.

Reaction score

A definite purchase! I hope they stick with the aesthetic of the POTJ release but just add more articulation. No skinny legs and huge shoulder socket please!

Reaction score

They really need to make Han in his Bespin outfit. I can't believe this outfit has been ignored so much. Aside from a blaster, they could probably just throw in the oxygen mask.

Reaction score

This outfit has always been my favorite for Han. Jacket beats vest anytime.

Reaction score

another Han Solo..... it boggles the mind.

Make definitive versions (and stick ém on the vintage cards) and then be rid of them. I could fill a whole shelf with Han Solo's and am fed up with him

Reaction score

Darth_McBaine said:
This version hasn't been made since 2000 and is highly important. What's mind-boggling is how Hasbro has continually released ROTJ versions of Han when he wasn't even that cool in ROTJ. Who the hell really wanted a skinny-legged, barrel-chested, half-blind Han in white shirt wearing goggles and a scarf?

Reaction score

I did like the TAC figure, besides the tiny waist - a new one is a MUST really, and I don't think anyone can realistically complain.

Reaction score

I didn't really mind the TAC figure. The selling point for that IMO was the torture rack. The Han was more like an accessory to that for me, than the other way around.
I keep mine displayed with him on it, so for that function he's just fine. Sure, as a stand alone Bespin Han he's terrible. But he was never meant to be one.

Reaction score

Darth_McBaine said:

Make definitive versions (and stick ém on the vintage cards) and then be rid of them. I could fill a whole shelf with Han Solo's and am fed up with him
I agree with you for the most part, I'm tired of repack after repack after repack but after this one I'm done with the character as it's the only one left needing an update. However Han Solo helps sell the SW brand and I don't see Hasbro stopping at this one, especially since they have to keep the core characters in rotation for the new fans.

Reaction score

I Hated the POTJ Bespin Han teh second it hit the streets.

I dont see how you guys like it

Reaction score

The photo used for the vintage Bespin Han cardback immediately springs to mind as a reference. It'd be cool if they threw in some tools along with the tool box that hits him on the head as they enter the asteroid field.

Reaction score

Long over due. Lets just hope they don't f- it up like they did another long over due character...

Reaction score

I’ll never forget my excitement at hearing about the Torture Rack Han Solo. Finally we’re going to get a modern sculpted and articulated Bespin Han. It’s always been my favorite look for one of my favorite characters in SW history. Then they showed the figure at some convention…WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? I was furious. Hasbro…let’s do him right this time. All new! I’m so tired of Han’s being retooled older figures. Enough with the Vintage Endor Han barrel body.