Han Solo and Chewbacca - Mimban

GNT

Reaction score
It's not often you get figures that come out of Bantha poodoo but here they are:

Thoughts on this set?

Reaction score
Despite Chewie’s only clothing being a bandolier, it is still jarring seeing a naked Wookiee.

Reaction score
the mud on his torso is in an X shape so maybe his bandoliers are caked by muck.

Reaction score
Unless this scene is absolutely amazing, I think we're looking at what might be a peg-warmer for the record books.

Reaction score
If it wasn't Chewy, possibly might have. We're due for a new non Chewy Wookiee!
And this movie was the perfect opportunity to meet his family, yet it feel that was avoided.

Reaction score
Looking at the Han some more and falling in love with the paint job. The figure looks like he was stuck in mud right before being put on display.

Reaction score
Looking at the Han some more and falling in love with the paint job. The figure looks like he was stuck in mud right before being put on display.
Agreed the deco is outstandingly done. I just can't see muddy Han and Chewie flying off the shelves.

*fast forward to having seen the movie... buys doubles of this set* ;)

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see it moving very well either. One thing it has going for it is that the versions are quite different than other releases in the line.

Han with ForceLink two point oh
X-Men Chewbacca
Muddy, Naked Chewbacca
Han in mud covered imperial looking gear

Reaction score
Not have seen the movie yet (as its not out for months) I dont understand the Han having a shackle and a gun. Am I to assume that he is a prisoner and the gun is how he escapes? or why is he wearing armor and shackles....it does not make sense.

JVM

Reaction score
Not have seen the movie yet (as its not out for months) I dont understand the Han having a shackle and a gun. Am I to assume that he is a prisoner and the gun is how he escapes? or why is he wearing armor and shackles....it does not make sense.
He is imprisoned as an Imperial, and reacquires a gun not longer after escaping - unless you mean the cannon, which I think is for play value.

Reaction score
Maybe just see the movie next time...?

Reaction score
apparently over at Jeditemplearchives, they got new photos of Mimban Han and Chewie and supposedly Han has a ball jointed jaw besides a removeable ball jointed head.

Reaction score
I think Paul just copy and pasted from his Corellian hound review because his photos of Han show a solid head.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just meant "solid" as in no hinged jaw.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Paul at jeditemplearchives must be drunk or something. What made him think the Muddy mimban Han has a ball jointed jaw?

Reaction score
I ordered both sets off eBay for a fair price (got 15% off too). It came out to a few bucks more than retail and who knows when these things will start hitting.

Reaction score
I've seen this set in stores, but I didn't pick one up. It's a very important scene in Han & Chewie's lives, but the figures are so limited to being used in just that one scene. Here's what I would've done while saving Hasbro some production money and boosting sales of this set: repack the Han Mudtrooper figure from the 6-figure set (with or without gear) and a regular Chewbacca figure. Add a small can of brown slime and the chains. BAM! Instant Mimban dungeon set that people would actually buy. Really, I just want that cannon, but if the figures weren't permanently covered in mud, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The slime would be pretty fun, too.

Reaction score
Remember the old “dip them in cold water and slime would appear” effect from the 90s? That could have been cool too. Honestly, I like these two figures even though they are scene-specific. I feel we are receiving enough from the movie to justify a few figures like these two.

Reaction score
After all these years of collecting, it seems as though this pack was another “filler” set. Don’t get me wrong, the figures are pretty neat, but the corellian hound and rebolt is on an upper level!

Reaction score
Yep. Also, considering there were more Wookiees. They should have had some sort of Battle Pack, instead of just Han and Chewie.

Reaction score
Finally found the dynamic duo today! I liked the 2 pack myself primarily because I liked the scene from the movie. It was something different.

Reaction score
Finally, FINALLY! Found these two at retail price online today. I think I’m down to finding Rebolt/Hound and Tolsite before I complete my Solo run.

Reaction score
Where? What etailer?
I got it on eBay with a “make an offer” deal. I’ve been telling myself not to pay more than retail for these 2-packs seeing as how the previous ones have been steadily dropping, but this last wave of has been difficult to find. Not sure how they were available almost exclusively on eBay for so long. Rebolt and hound aren’t dropping as quickly as the Han/Chewbacca set, but I still expect them to come down eventually.

Reaction score
Picked him up on Amazon.ca for $6. Not sure if I'll keep it or not as I didn't really care for it. Just wanted the cannon. I'll decide when it's in hand I guess whether I'll keep the Han or not. Likely will just sell off Chewie.

Reaction score
A discount on a scalper price, and still $5 above MSRP - gotta love it. I'm not really interested in this set even at MSRP, maybe when they hit outlet stores I'll buy one.