Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
^that's so true. Never fails w/ the q/a that the same question/ response is reworded but posted from different sites.

Reaction score
Oddly enough the Solo basic assortments were fantastic, but neither Hasbro nor retailers know how to manage these toy lines anymore, much to the detriment of the basic line, which is now gone. They clearly should have had every new figure out in two waves, if a third was needed, that's when the carry forwards should have been released. Its utterly foolish to save all these new characters for the very end, and watch them get dumped at discount outlets.
Agree 100%. Though it was nice to find these HTF last wave Solo figures for great prices in discount outlets this Summer/Fall, I would have strongly preferred to have found them all @ retail when they originally came out last year, and would have gladly paid full price for each. It was ridiculous that we had to wait to get most of these cool figures over a year after they came out. And - as it stands, I still can't find Quay Tolsite - one of my most highly sought-after figures; and, I refuse to pay after-market prices for this online.

In general, it's ironic that many toy lines wait until the last wave to dump their best figures. This has happened numerous times in the SW lines over the years (I remember the last POTJ wave in particular) & most recently with these Solo 3.75" figures. I also remember the last wave of the excellent Indiana Jones figures from 2008-2009 (the truly superb Temple of Doom wave) were impossible to find @ retail. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. It's simply the tone of voice and it being an earnest question. You catch more bees with Honey and all that.
But it seems people feel cooler when they can be snarky...

Even still, a pointed question will simply get that vague response. "Unable to comment at this time" So some people likely feel it's pointless.

Reaction score
Han Solo - my brother just can't have enough of those collectibles!
All this talk of toy lines reminded me of how my brother got into chemistry via toys. As an undergrad in college, his prof spoke of plastics used in building toys, and the next thing we knew he was devouring chemistry textbooks on plastics. No one was more pleased than my mom for this transformation!

Reaction score
One last 4 pack could have covered it. Vos, his lead guard Aemon, a guard and Maul.

TROS needs one too with Poe, Finn, Lando and Jannah.
true that. Shame TROS didn't get a 4pk for the home release. And another shame EE couldn't "save" MIA singles of "Hades Joker" and Imperial Patrol trooper or better yet those 2 should've been released in the tube series at the very least if EE couldn't get them. In past, some figs that didn't get out in initial intended line, they were worked into the follow up line.

Reaction score
I don't know why they wouldn't keep a basic line in rotation to cover all media, from Solo stragglers to ROS, CW, and everything in between. Perhaps once the 5 inch GOA line is cancelled there will be a return to 3.75 goodness, something a number of us are actually interested in buying. I certainly will never buy another scale, or support them in any way.

Reaction score
I've been laid off of work for just over a month, and with a Stay Home order in effect I haven't been out to a store for anything but groceries 3 times in the last 5 weeks. It's given me time to catch up on opening purchases made at the tail end of 2019 that got pushed to the back burner.

Solo Movie TIE Fighter & Target 6 pack:
Love these, both releases. The TIE is just as amazing as others have said before. I can't believe I waited so long to open it. One small issue, factory packed in two top canopy covers instead of 1 and 1 bottom piece. So I have a flat bottom TIE right now. I may just have to sand down the tabs and super glue it to the bottom. There's no returning this or exchanging now.

The Target 6 pack I had wanted since it came out, but I just kept passing it up for other things (mainly Transformers). I picked up 2, but wish I had gotten more now. I don't mind the Mimban figures, just don't need them, it's the Stormtrooper, Patrol Trooper and TIE pilot I was after. Love the Patrol trooper.

dtp-sw-solor1-001.jpgdtp-sw-solor1-002.jpgdtp-sw-solor1-003.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Target 6 pack I had wanted since it came out, but I just kept passing it up for other things (mainly Transformers). I pickedup 2, but wish I ahdgotten more now. I don't mind the Mimban figures, just don't need them, it's the Stormtrooper, Patrol Trooper and TIE pilot I was after. Love the Patrol trooper.
Great pics. - Thanks for posting. I thought many times about getting the Target 6-pack, but only really wanted the Patrol Trooper - and couldn't justify the cost for just that one figure. I agree completely that it's a excellent figure/character design. It never came carded in the 3.75" line, either. So, I'm kind of regretting not getting this - even though I do have the great 6" version.

I doubt this will ever happen, but ever since I saw Solo I've really wanted an Imperial Patrol Trooper (with bending knees) and Speeder Bike set. That was such a great scene in the movie. In the unlikely event this is ever released, I'll get two of them ;)

Reaction score
^ and to add salt to wound sort of speak, a single packed Imp ptrol trooper x2 was planned for a 5th wave w/ the infamous 'hades joker" x1 fig and a few wv4 reissues- like 2x Quays, 2x mudtroop Hans et al. I think it was dorkside, amazon and toywiz all took pre-orders for that wave too but DS updated listing to the ERG, Becket, Val wave. Amazon just recently after 18months, finally cancelled my "HJ" preorder

Last edited: