Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
^ to use one of those, your gift card may need to cover entire balance. several places won't allow multiple payment sources. I guess to deter any fraud.
Yeah I figured something would happen when it immediately placed the order without asking for additional payment method for the 1 dollar lol. Figured when I contacted customer service I could get it worked out but to no avail. More annoying than anything. Not bothering with visa cards again. Only chose it cuz paypal is so limited in where it's accepted.

Reaction score
I got the droids 2-pack yesterday. The c-3p0 is the strangest construction Ive ever seen - the wire part of his abdomen is a separate piece, glued in, and it doesn't quite fit so it sticks out. It makes him look bloated or pregnant. It is incredibly unnerving. I took it out and going to try to wittle it down so it's at least even with the rest of his torso. Very strange.

Reaction score
I got the droids 2-pack yesterday. The c-3p0 is the strangest construction Ive ever seen - the wire part of his abdomen is a separate piece, glued in, and it doesn't quite fit so it sticks out. It makes him look bloated or pregnant. It is incredibly unnerving. I took it out and going to try to wittle it down so it's at least even with the rest of his torso. Very strange.
Interesting I was toying with the idea of doing droid customs with that pack & that might work to my advantage. & if the pregnant droids are carrying human babies then it explains why the robots revolt & try to kill all of humanity!:eek:

Reaction score
For some reason, the concept of pregnant 3PO really reminds me of the Auralnauts' Creepio.

Reaction score
A year after the movie's release, I finally found the last piece to complete my Solo Story collection. Finally found the cardboard Mines of Kessel playset out in the wild. The only items I had to buy online and never saw on shelves was Wave 4 with Quay and the AT-DST. Great distribution Walmart.

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to mention that the Kessel playset has hit Walmart brick & mortar stores after all this time. I guess there's hope for all that other stuff that's Walmart exclusive. I mean, the Mimban Troopers did show up finally. So, I hope we see Lando and the Jabba Playset sometime in the future. But, at this rate we'll be lucky to get them by Christmas.

Reaction score
I saw a bunch of Kessel Mine Escape sets at WM today. Probably about 15 in a stack. They are priced at $29. I wonder what the eventual clearance price will be. I bet Ross will get most of these.

Reaction score
At Burlington Coat Factory I found the Rebolt/Corellian Hound 2-pack for $5, the muddy Han and Chewie 2-pack for $5, and the Solo "Mission on Vandor-1" 4-pack for $9.

Reaction score
I have the Han and Chewie Mimban and Rebolt and hound for trade straight up for Solo line 2 C-3PO and R2-D2 sets. PM me.

Reaction score
Here's a silly kitbash question. And it's about trying to make a Han Solo as seen on Numidian Prime from Solo. Has anyone taken the Han Solo pack-in figures from either the Kessel Run Falcon or the Kessel Mines playset and put one of Han Solo's vests on either of those figures? It's purely for the purpose of scene building (even though Hasbro hasn't made any more characters from that scene yet).

Reaction score
I saw the smaller Millennium Falcon at Ross today for $9.99, wasn't interested. They also had a BB-8 electronic toy for $2.99.

Reaction score
I saw the smaller Millennium Falcon at Ross today for $9.99, wasn't interested. They also had a BB-8 electronic toy for $2.99.
Other than 5 Below, none of the discount stores getting star wars stuff are even remotely near me.

ZX3

Reaction score
Pretty crazy that Dryden Voss, the main antagonist for the film, didn't get a figure.
I understand that the last minute casting change, late post production vfx on his face, and the fact that he wasn't in the first act of the film made him unlikely to plastic in the launch wave, but it's been well over a year, they made a 6" version, and yet still nothing for 3.75" (and with Mandalorian and ROS probably eclipsing anything else for the rest of the year probably unlikely for the foreseeable future).

I really don't understand the strategy behind making characters for 6" and not for 3.75".

Reaction score
Pretty crazy that Dryden Voss, the main antagonist for the film, didn't get a figure.
I understand that the last minute casting change, late post production vfx on his face, and the fact that he wasn't in the first act of the film made him unlikely to plastic in the launch wave, but it's been well over a year, they made a 6" version, and yet still nothing for 3.75" (and with Mandalorian and ROS probably eclipsing anything else for the rest of the year probably unlikely for the foreseeable future).

I really don't understand the strategy behind making characters for 6" and not for 3.75".
Someone shouldve asked h asbro at sdcc. Tbere was a ru.ored wave of so line fig after the becket/val/ ERG wave that was to include a single carded imperial patrol trooper and a mysterious "Hades joker" [codename for 6" Dryden vos] figure as well as 2x quay tolsite. Dorkside initially had tbis case up for preorder but later updated it to the released becket/val/ ERG case. Also yakface had posted upc for imp patrol trooper and "Hades joker" so those may been very close to release. I was hoping EE "saved" those 2 like they did C'ai and f.o. (tlj) flamethrower trooper

Reaction score
Dryden was likely that mysterious "Hades Joker", but with the basic line on hiatus, I doubt we'll ever see him unless they do a TVC release. Since we haven't even seen a "Hades Joker" confirmation figure, he likely was never even produced. Leaks are frequent, so I would have expected something on ebay from the Far East, had it been made.

As for the 6 inch line getting characters that the 3.75 range doesn't receive - I cant imagine how that's a good strategy, surely they know that collectors with hundreds of 3.75 figures aren't going to switch scale. I think it only causes frustration, and instead of people switching scales, they're more likely to quit the hobby and enjoy what they already have.

Reaction score
Few typos...meant to say "oos, but orderable" x2, "quay tolsite amazon...12 bucks"

Reaction score
Reaction score
I can kind of see their PoV, and not wanting to "double" up if you will. They'll likely get hate mail either way though. People will complain that it's the exact same as the 6", or they'll complain that they waned "X" outfit instead of "this" one. With Voss there is only one outfit, and he's basically the bad guy of the Movie. So he should have been made in both scales. IMO

Not getting them slated during the Movie release makes it almost impossible later, due to demand being much lower. And he's no longer on "kid's" radar.

ZX3

Reaction score
The boom/bust cycle the past five years of figure waves tied to movie releases with one big push a month before release with three to four variations of the main character along with a few things from act one of the movie followed by a second wave that has poor distribution and finally a third wave that finally has interesting figures but gets cancelled or goes to online exclusives or dumped on discount chains followed by a several month dry spell of nothing until the next big thing makes me really wonder what's going to happen once we go three years without a new movie.
There's still multiple new video games, novels, comics, television shows, and theme park attractions, but given the way Hasbro has basically ignored these the past five years it seems like it's tent pole blockbuster theatrical release or nothing.

Reaction score
Well, i don't think the tent pole theatrical events are what they once were. In the older days Hasbro used the Movie years to bankroll the in between years, which allowed them to make some of the VG/EU etc Characters that didn't coincide with the movie. The line's popularity back then gave them the ability to make certain fringe characters once in a great while. I also feel that repacks no longer bring in the revenue they once did, because we see less of them and new figure on the whole.

I think the biggest problem with Disney being in charge, is that we may never see some of those figures that might have been possible prior to. Because they want to push "their" Star Wars character whether they such or not. And will do so even if they don't become popular.

Even before Disney took over Hasbro was reluctant to do EU characters due to them being "unknowns" to the larger audience. "kids" However, they did start to improve in later years, then Disney happened right when it was getting good. These days even Kids don't seem to be that interested, especially when Hasbro cancels the 5POA line. You know the one they had previously said was doing "great"? Okay "hiatus" whatever.

When TVC goes on hiatus it's one thing, but when the cheaper affordable line goes away. What does this tell us? Things aren't so great anymore.

Even though there will be a gap without Movies, there will be those Disney+ shows, that I assume will get figures too. Just like past TV media. So there shouldn't be a "darktimes" like it was after 85.

I think the only hope we haver for seeing some of our favorite EU characters in figure form, would be too see them used in the current media. And even then it's not a guarantee.

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdpPkdOy2A

At 11:03, it sounds like Hasbro is planning on renewing the license, because they're already discussing what they'll produce in the "off" years without movies.

Maybe this means they'll go back and fill some of the significant character gaps, but instead of 5 POA, they'll all be in TVC? I'm still hoping for Scissorpunch! ;)

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for a Noghri figure, If not Ruhk himself! As well as a few other MIA. As for new media I'd still like that damn Gold Droid from Maz's Castle.
There's actually a lot that could still be made from all of them, Rogue One, Solo, and TFA.

Reaction score
Didn't even know this Nerf toy existed. Found it at a local Ross. I collect Nerf, so I decided to pick it up. They make good fodder for props if you paint them up to look realistic.

Reaction score
Cool find - Thanks for the post. Even though I'm an adult (though that's debatable - ha ha) I still like Nerf toys; this particular one from Solo looks great. My understanding is that the reason they started producing SW (and other) weapons in only the multi-colored/neon-colored molds back in the '90's (starting with POTF2) was due to safety issues; i.e., they didn't want the toys looking too real.

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a small update. I'm sure most people don't care that much about the Nerf blasters, but in case someone was curious I will say this. The blaster is different than the standard Han Solo version that came in orange. The Beckett version in green has a removable muzzle break. The muzzle break just pops off the front and then you can add the barrel extension. You can put the muzzle break on the very end of the barrel extension to complete the look. There's a push button release to remove the barrel extension.

The handle is modified to accept the stock. The butt of the stock has a compartment to store extra darts. You get 8 glow in the dark darts. 4 can be loaded in the blaster and you can store the extra darts in the storage stock. There is a push button on the bottom of the handle grip to remove the stock. Everything can be taken back apart just like in the movie and to make storage easier I suppose.

Like the Han Solo version it takes a single AA battery (battery is included). This is to power the light to charge the glow in the dark darts. You prime the blaster to activate the light, and the light goes out when you fire. Also, when you fire red lights light up the side of the blaster and there is an electronic firing blast sound.

Definitely a fun oddity among Nerf and even Star Wars toy blasters, and a steal at $13. It is a decent size for an adult. I just wish it was better proportioned, but I guess it couldn't be helped if you want it to fire Nerf darts. I don't think of it as Han's blaster per se, just a cool Star Wars blaster I guess. I hope to paint it up one day.

JVM

Reaction score
The boom/bust cycle the past five years of figure waves tied to movie releases with one big push a month before release with three to four variations of the main character along with a few things from act one of the movie followed by a second wave that has poor distribution and finally a third wave that finally has interesting figures but gets cancelled or goes to online exclusives or dumped on discount chains followed by a several month dry spell of nothing until the next big thing makes me really wonder what's going to happen once we go three years without a new movie.
There's still multiple new video games, novels, comics, television shows, and theme park attractions, but given the way Hasbro has basically ignored these the past five years it seems like it's tent pole blockbuster theatrical release or nothing.
This is what I was thinking about when I came in to comment. It's really disappointed me with the last three movies to never see the later figures out in the wild. I don't like buying online, I'm a 'thrill of the hunt' sort of person, and with Toys R Us gone and major retailors downsizing their Star Wars collections, it's all but gone. I understand to a degree that not every figure can reach every shelf but never saw any of the third waves in stores and rarely if ever the second ones.

Reaction score
Oddly enough the Solo basic assortments were fantastic, but neither Hasbro nor retailers know how to manage these toy lines anymore, much to the detriment of the basic line, which is now gone. They clearly should have had every new figure out in two waves, if a third was needed, that's when the carry forwards should have been released. Its utterly foolish to save all these new characters for the very end, and watch them get dumped at discount outlets.

Reaction score
Oddly enough the Solo basic assortments were fantastic, but neither Hasbro nor retailers know how to manage these toy lines anymore, much to the detriment of the basic line, which is now gone. They clearly should have had every new figure out in two waves, if a third was needed, that's when the carry forwards should have been released. Its utterly foolish to save all these new characters for the very end, and watch them get dumped at discount outlets.

That's a great idea on how to get the figures out.

Reaction score
I agree, there just isn't the longevity to get to later waves today. Once the movie hits theaters no one seems interested anymore, if they even wee in the fist place. But the hype is always generated leading up to release, a sense of anticipation if you will.

So they really should reevaluate release strategies and get all but a couple figure out before the movie hits, then get the rest out on that very day. I also don't get TFF being so early, which means a few new now. Then wait 2 months for the next batch.

IDK

Reaction score
Considering all the recent cons Hasbro is/had attended, it would've been nice if so.eone could be asked them something allow the following line--

Given how thst both lines are done and gone, could you comment o why the solo line did not receive a figure representation of main villan Dryden Vos? There was a rumored addition wave with a figure code named "Hades Joker", strongly believed to been Dryden Vos that also had a UPC assigned. Could this figure have been released in the 3.75" GoA "tubed" figure asst? Or released similarly as C' ai Xwing pilot and TLJ flametrooper? Same applies to rumored single carded Imp patrol trooper, also rumored in same Solo wave

Reaction score
I can kind of see their PoV, and not wanting to "double" up if you will. They'll likely get hate mail either way though. People will complain that it's the exact same as the 6", or they'll complain that they waned "X" outfit instead of "this" one. With Voss there is only one outfit, and he's basically the bad guy of the Movie. So he should have been made in both scales. IMO
They could release a 3 3/4" Dryden Vos with the white shirt seen in the film's finale to differentiate it from the 6" Black Series offering. Perhaps even throw in an articfact from his collection.

Reaction score
"Hades Joker" is likely a 3.75 Dryden, but will remain a mystery, as Hasbro rarely comments on unreleased figures. Likewise, there is no channel to release him now. Since they've moved onto ROS, I doubt they'd allow a "fan channel" retailer to carry a single Solo figure on the old cardback, even if it remained an online exclusive. Its a shame to be sure, considering how nice the basic Solo line turned out - little did we know that it was the grand finale for the basic assortment...

Reactions: JVM

JVM

Reaction score
General Organa TFA, Dryden Vos and Holdo have each stuck out to me as the biggest misses of the recent films, aside from the film's respective spoiler characters; each of them appeared in 6" but not 3.75" and I'm always going to feel a little weird not having those three in five points, even if we eventually receive unambiguously superior TVC versions.

Speaking of which, I cannot believe with RoS I'm finding myself feeling a little nostalgic for the 5POA line of all things though. It suddenly feels weird to think we've seen TFA and LJ figures in a style that isn't seeing the final film in their trilogy, and that there will be a mild stylistic conflict between them. I think the current setup is probably the smarter decision long-term, but I can't help but maybe wish 5POA had stuck around for one more year to finish the trilogy.