Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I think all the Disney era movies had pretty good figure lines, some early TFA figures had problems, but they kept improving. Solo may have had the best selection to date though. The character designs for the movie really helped that among. I'm honestly impressed with what they released, and I feel satisfied with the line. Sure, I'd love a Proxima creature set, or some of the awesome aliens like Therm - but what they did release checked many of the boxes collectors desire - new aliens, droids, and cool character designs like Enfys. My only fear now is that Solo is as good as it gets - I hope Hasbro puts as much effort into the Episode IX basic line, because I wont be changing scale.

Reaction score
Sure, I'd love a Proxima creature set, or some of the awesome aliens like Therm....
A Proxima creature set & Therm figures would be fantastic. I attest that the numerous aliens/creatures from Solo were the coolest & most unique aliens from any of the Disney-era SW films & the PT.

Reaction score
While I would have preferred them to be in the SA line, I do admit that they all were pretty darn neat looking. Which slightly took the sting out of it. lol

Not much of a fan of Proxima, but I think it's major crime not to have made the Patrol Trooper!

Reaction score
I draw artist sketch cards for Topps and I think this is okay to say: for the Topps' Solo set artists were specifically directed not to draw the Patrol Trooper. We were told the trooper's design was not final and approved for licensed product at that time, which was around March of 2018. If Topps couldn't include the Patrol Trooper in their sketch cards at that point, then Hasbro definitely did not have the final design in order to make an action figure for the character. I believe Hasbro has said it takes approximately a year for a product to go from design to store shelves, so even if they had received the thumbs up in the weeks before the film was released we still would not be seeing a Patrol Trooper action figure at this point in 2019.

Reaction score
Don't we already have two versions of the patrol trooper, one from the 6-pack and another in the 6" line?
Do we? Hm. Maybe I am not giving Hasbro credit for cranking figures out, but I do know as of March-ish of last year the character was not final. Which is weird, it's such an insignificant role. I wonder why, of all characters, there was debate on the design of this one in particular?

Reaction score
I'm just bummed we didn't get a speeder to go with them in either scale. :( All we have is the Hot Wheels diecast and the Revell model kit. And, the Lego set, but that's a different animal all together.

It's unfortunate because this would make a really great 6" vehicle or even a $20 3.75" vehicle/figure set. It would have been way more popular than the swoop bike even though Enfys Nest was more of a main character compared to the Patrol Trooper.

Reaction score
Yes, I don't see why Hasbro couldn't have produced a 3.75" scale IPT figure w/Speeder in Spring/Summer 2018, to be released right before (or maybe not long after) the movie was released in May. They made a Revell model that came out in the Summer, so it should have been simple to have made a vehicle set as well. And, as was said, there is a 6" figure & a 3.75" figure as well.

Disappointing that we have the figures, but no vehicle to go along with this. I'd be onboard for a 3.75" & a 6" vehicle/figure set. Hell, I may even buy two of each (if they were made) - since I felt they were that interesting...and, I liked the "homage" to the OT Speeder Bike w/Trooper.

Reaction score
Surprised they didn't do Therm and some other Cloud Riders. Oh well. They don't have 3 years before each film to make them now.

Reaction score
I draw artist sketch cards for Topps and I think this is okay to say: for the Topps' Solo set artists were specifically directed not to draw the Patrol Trooper. We were told the trooper's design was not final and approved for licensed product at that time, which was around March of 2018. If Topps couldn't include the Patrol Trooper in their sketch cards at that point, then Hasbro definitely did not have the final design in order to make an action figure for the character. I believe Hasbro has said it takes approximately a year for a product to go from design to store shelves, so even if they had received the thumbs up in the weeks before the film was released we still would not be seeing a Patrol Trooper action figure at this point in 2019.
That is really interesting and insightful. It may be that this particular character had some behind-the-scenes controversy to it, but I’d imagine that all of them were on lockdown.

Reaction score
Any word on a 3 3/4" Dryden Vos being planned? SA or not, would really like to see them release his white shirt outfit from the finale. An SA Maul would also make sense.

Reaction score
if anyone ordered the former force link 2.0 R2-D2/C-PO TRU excl 2 pack from EE, EE updated today stating that they will NOT be receiving these afterall and therefore cancelled orders. Notifications and updates to accts coming soon. Not sure how this effects BBTS and others but amazon has them in stock thru 3rd party sellers but fulfilled by amazon for retail (14.99)

Reaction score
I got mine from Amazon a few weeks back for retail price (through a third party). Actually cheaper than EE because of free shipping.

Reaction score
I had an order thru EE w/ other items and had free shipping. At the time I ordered, EE did not charge sales tax, but after this past January, they started charging sales tax. So it being listed $1 higher didn't bother me one bit, besides amazon did not have it listed at retail of 14.99 if at all, when I originally placed EE order
But EE said they'll still honor free shipping on the balance so I re-ordered w/ amazon for retail thru amazon fulfilled 3rd party that did not charge tax but had 100% feedback and got free shipping since I was ordering a CD as well. Yes I am old school and still by CDs. plus had 3$ gc to use for a previous preorder price drop so it worked out for me in the end, as long as the figures are legit (ordered MS hoth 2 pk a couple years back on amazon and they turned out to been bootlegs)

Reaction score
if anyone ordered the former force link 2.0 R2-D2/C-PO TRU excl 2 pack from EE, EE updated today stating that they will NOT be receiving these afterall and therefore cancelled orders. Notifications and updates to accts coming soon. Not sure how this effects BBTS and others but amazon has them in stock thru 3rd party sellers but fulfilled by amazon for retail (14.99)
thats absolute BS. They assured me a week ago they’d still be getting these. What a bunch of lirs

Reaction score
thats absolute BS. They assured me a week ago they’d still be getting these. What a bunch of lirs
Same here. Last week I spoke to them inquiring about updated eta since Amazon has had them for several weeks now ( surprisingly at retail). EE stared these were not EE exclusives but a shared excl but were still expecting them soon. Then yesterday I saw on my acct the changes. I hope the A-wing is still coming.

Reaction score
I don't know why people continue to waste their time with EE. The Rey (Island Journey) is available on Amazon cheaper than EE with free shipping. The EE Droid set from a few years ago is available all the time on Amazon for like $30.

All the so called EE exclusives are generally available at other etailers THROUGH the EE vendor distribution outlet and usually cheaper because of EEs shipping costs.

I have probably ordered like 10 things from EE over the past 15 or so years and haven't missed out on anything.

My online money goes to Amazon and Dorkside.

Reaction score
^ for me, I've used EE for 20 years, well before Amazon has become the Amazon we know today.. I've always had great service and well packed items from EE. I cannot say that about Amazon. Yes Amazon can be cheaper and ship faster but sometime the service you get reflects how much you paid. I do order from Amazon on occasion but if I have a large order and a free shipping EE code, I'll go w/ EE. I've only used Dorkside once where the order was fulfilled and shipped on a timely manner. I've cancelled numerous Dorkside orders because I found item elsewhere. Over the years. I've used bbts, newforcecomics( I miss those guys- they used to be my go-to site for online orders til Hasbro screwed them one too many times and they stopped offering Hasbro items) and others. But your big popular named like Amazon and the likes of walmart.com, just have crappy shipping practices that fail in comparison to EE imho.

Reaction score
Ordered wave 4 from Dorkside (minus Quay and Han) the other day. I've just about given up on Quay. Hopefully he gets repacked if the basic line returns for episode 9.

Reaction score
Well I ordered the 3p0 r2 set from amazon, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully EE decides to send my A Wing

Reaction score
I don't know why people continue to waste their time with EE. The Rey (Island Journey) is available on Amazon cheaper than EE with free shipping. The EE Droid set from a few years ago is available all the time on Amazon for like $30.

All the so called EE exclusives are generally available at other etailers THROUGH the EE vendor distribution outlet and usually cheaper because of EEs shipping costs.

I have probably ordered like 10 things from EE over the past 15 or so years and haven't missed out on anything.

My online money goes to Amazon and Dorkside.

I feel the same - third party Amazon sellers are the way to go on most of these "exclusives". If you give it some time, you can pay under the MSRP if that's a consideration as well. It seems like some people associated with EE try to garner praise for "rescuing" figures, but I'd prefer Hasbro cut them out and use other means, including discount outlets. Why would most consumers want to pay those inflated shipping charges on basic figures?

Reaction score
But there is one thing though about EE that is getting worse about thier cs...the constant push back. Now, the A-Wing is pushed to April. First it was nov 3018, then jan 2019, then march 2019 now april. So even w/ EE better shipping practices, one can't win due to losing. Honestly, I was considering not bothering w/ EE this time but when I had a coupon and over 200$ I figured we was best option, but today, I'm doubting that. So far I have not seen A-wing on amazon

Reaction score
Crap..another unfixable typo..2018 not 3018..But at this rate, 3018 sounds more like it for delivery

Reaction score
^ for me, I've used EE for 20 years, well before Amazon has become the Amazon we know today.. I've always had great service and well packed items from EE. I cannot say that about Amazon. Yes Amazon can be cheaper and ship faster but sometime the service you get reflects how much you paid. I do order from Amazon on occasion but if I have a large order and a free shipping EE code, I'll go w/ EE. I've only used Dorkside once where the order was fulfilled and shipped on a timely manner. I've cancelled numerous Dorkside orders because I found item elsewhere. Over the years. I've used bbts, newforcecomics( I miss those guys- they used to be my go-to site for online orders til Hasbro screwed them one too many times and they stopped offering Hasbro items) and others. But your big popular named like Amazon and the likes of walmart.com, just have crappy shipping practices that fail in comparison to EE imho.
I can't disagree that the shipping condition of places like Amazon can be a scare if you are a MOC collector or particular about cards etc even if you are an opener. That's a totally fair point (although I've heard horror stories of EE orders showing up damaged even with the extra "MOC Condition Guaranteed" gimmick...and stuff from Amazon showing up pristine).

For me personally I'm primarily an opener so I'm ok with taking a hit on card/box condition when considering the cheaper shipping.

Reaction score
I don't even see wave 4 on Dorkside.

I'm still trying to find the Maz w/Jet pack! I only need that stupid pack, so I'm m not about to spend $20. lol

Reaction score
I don't even see wave 4 on Dorkside.

I'm still trying to find the Maz w/Jet pack! I only need that stupid pack, so I'm m not about to spend $20. lol
do you mean this wave? https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Star-Wars-Solo-Force-Link-Wave-3-Set-of-5-3-75-Ac-p/e0323as52.htm https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Star-Wars-Solo-Force-Link-Wave-3-Case-Pack-3-75-A-p/e0323as02.htm for some reason they called it wave 3 (they initially called a potential wave 5 "wave 3", but they soon corrected it to the ratio more commonly known as wave 4---the potential wave 5 had 2 quays, 2 han mudtroopers, 2 vaders, 2 becketts, 2 imperial patrol troopers, 1 "hades joker" and 1 Rey. Dorkside never listed the actual wave 3-- 2@ rey, vader, jedi luke, FO trooper, kylo, and leia )

Reaction score
do you mean this wave? https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Star-Wars-Solo-Force-Link-Wave-3-Set-of-5-3-75-Ac-p/e0323as52.htm https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Star-Wars-Solo-Force-Link-Wave-3-Case-Pack-3-75-A-p/e0323as02.htm for some reason they called it wave 3 (they initially called a potential wave 5 "wave 3", but they soon corrected it to the ratio more commonly known as wave 4---the potential wave 5 had 2 quays, 2 han mudtroopers, 2 vaders, 2 becketts, 2 imperial patrol troopers, 1 "hades joker" and 1 Rey. Dorkside never listed the actual wave 3-- 2@ rey, vader, jedi luke, FO trooper, kylo, and leia )
yep, that link is the one I ordered. Just need Quay but I don't see that happening.

Reaction score
Dorkside cancelled my order because their system kicks back visa gift cards and won't let you pay the rest of the balance on my regular card. Emailed customer service and they didn't even try to do anything, they just said the crap about the sytem kicking back visa gift cards. Apparently they don't like money.

Guess I'm not going to be able to get any of the last wave unless 5 Below gets some in. Really wish the wave was available on Hasbro Pulse.

Reaction score
Dorkside cancelled my order because their system kicks back visa gift cards and won't let you pay the rest of the balance on my regular card. Emailed customer service and they didn't even try to do anything, they just said the crap about the sytem kicking back visa gift cards. Apparently they don't like money.

Guess I'm not going to be able to get any of the last wave unless 5 Below gets some in. Really wish the wave was available on Hasbro Pulse.

I only use gift cards that function as set amount credit cards in person at stores because of that exact issue. Too much chance of issues happening online, Dorkside is far from unique about that.

Reaction score
^ to use one of those, your gift card may need to cover entire balance. several places won't allow multiple payment sources. I guess to deter any fraud.

Reaction score
The fact it’s not on Pulse is a shame. I thought that Pulse would allow us to grab any retail misses, but so far have been proven wrong. Shame.