Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
It’s just too damned thin. Even if it was that small size with a bigger cockpit and the ability to stand in it. It just looks so pathetic next to other ships.

everytime I watch Solo I wish we had about 100 more figures from that film:

crimson dawn 4 pack: Vos, Aemon, Guard, maul
card table 4 pack: Therm, Argos, Tropical lando, nail biting card player
revolt of Kessel: small gonk, Kessel protocol, Kessel hauler droid, r1 unit
Enfys gang: rodian, two-tubes, enfys with no helmet, fourth gang member

battle bot two pack
Kessel slave 2 pack: sabra (muddy Chewie body with new head) and moriff species with yellow tinged fur
syke (white worm) and hound
beckett in disguise and Han in Kessel guard
beckett officer with Val officer

Qi’Ra with Cape
imperial with coat
imperial custom officer
stormtrooper with backpack
mimban stormtrooper captain
droid pitfighter handler (Clint Howard)
holo maul
Mimbanese soldier

and my list goes on...
I'd buy pretty much every one of those.

Reaction score
Solo did have some great new characters and designs, but I feel they've done the bulk of what we can expect. Maul of course is a given - they could do that in regular and holo form, and it might come a year or more later, like Crait Luke, since his cameo was a secret. Other than him, I want more unique aliens: Therm Scissorpunch, Argus "Six Eyes" Panox, and
Lady Proxima for starters! I'd much rather see these over the Resistance cartoon figures!

Reaction score
^agreed. As much as I disliked most of TLJ I would still appreciate a few dozen more figures from that as well. (Thrownin a few more from TFA as well!).

Reaction score
I just re-watched Solo again & agree it would be great to see more figures from the film. However, since the window for a continued dedicated line of Solo figures has come & gone, I guess all we can hope for is that the occasional figure is interspersed with other figure waves in forthcoming lines.

That being said,

everytime I watch Solo I wish we had about 100 more figures from that film:

crimson dawn 4 pack: Vos, Aemon, Guard, maul
card table 4 pack: Therm, Argos, Tropical lando, nail biting card player
revolt of Kessel: small gonk, Kessel protocol, Kessel hauler droid, r1 unit
Enfys gang: rodian, two-tubes, enfys with no helmet, fourth gang member

battle bot two pack
Kessel slave 2 pack: sabra (muddy Chewie body with new head) and moriff species with yellow tinged fur
syke (white worm) and hound
beckett in disguise and Han in Kessel guard
beckett officer with Val officer

Qi’Ra with Cape
imperial with coat
imperial custom officer
stormtrooper with backpack
mimban stormtrooper captain
droid pitfighter handler (Clint Howard)
holo maul
Mimbanese soldier
Great list- I'd get them all. One of the many toys I'd add to this list are the 11-3K Viper Probe Droids - great design! These were the Imperial droids that came after Beckett's crew during the train heist in the snow.

Reaction score
Is the Han Solo that comes with the Kessel escape playset the same as the one that comes with the Millenium Falcon?
Gotta love the comparison tool over at Jedi Business. The two figures are really close in appearance. It looks like they have some factory production differences - one finish seems a little more glossy than the other.

Reaction score
There's definitely a lot of ground left to cover with SOLO. When Hasbro will get around to doing that is anybody's guess. I had thought that will the gap between SOLO and the release of Episode IX that we might have a window to get some more figures from SOLO as well as TFA, TLJ and ROGUE ONE. But the window for that to happen seems like it might be getting that much more narrow. The line for RESISTANCE will be occupying the pegs for a while. And the line for E9 launches in October.

I do like the multipack concept - especially for SOLO. The concepts that came to mind for me include:

SABACC TABLE - split into two halves (like the 2003 Geonosian War Room screen scene)
TABLE HALF 1
-Lando Calrissian
-Therm Scissorpunch
-Lark & Jonk (the twins)
-Dava Cassamam

TABLE HALF 2
-Han Solo
-Argus (Six Eyes) Panox
-Karjj
-Susaut Volupicite

***There were a couple of alternate players like Tregga and the bucket wearing alien sitting next to Han (no idea of that character's name)

CRIMSON DAWN
-Dryden Vos
-Margo
-Aemon Grenn
-Black Retail droid

KESSEL - DROID REVOLT
-Tobias Beckett (Tuul disguise)
-Kessel Tech Yorsh Manted (white jumpsuit)
-GB-BD
-S1D6-SA-5
-P6B-LT2

KESSEL MINES
-Han Solo (Kessel guard disguise)
-Chewbacca (Chains)
-Sagwa
-Kessel Guard
-Tak

Reaction score
According to the list on Yakface site, there are a couple more Solo figures that are supposed to be coming, right? I too like the multi-packs. I think it’s their best offerings, especially for the Solo line. The ones for TLJ were terrible.

Reaction score
T
SABACC TABLE - split into two halves (like the 2003 Geonosian War Room screen scene)
TABLE HALF 1
-Lando Calrissian
-Therm Scissorpunch
-Lark & Jonk (the twins)
-Dava Cassamam

TABLE HALF 2
-Han Solo
-Argus (Six Eyes) Panox
-Karjj
-Susaut Volupicite
This would be so much fun.

Reaction score
There's definitely a lot of ground left to cover with SOLO. When Hasbro will get around to doing that is anybody's guess. I had thought that will the gap between SOLO and the release of Episode IX that we might have a window to get some more figures from SOLO as well as TFA, TLJ and ROGUE ONE. But the window for that to happen seems like it might be getting that much more narrow. The line for RESISTANCE will be occupying the pegs for a while. And the line for E9 launches in October.
I don't see any/many more figures being released from Solo at this point. As you said, the Resistance cartoon figures are the next line coming out, and then the EP09 figures will be coming out in October. The focus these days are on the movie & other medium (in this case the new cartoon) lines. Not sure whether new TBS 3.75" or TVC figures will be coming out this year, but even if they do - I doubt any new Solo figures will be in either line.

Reaction score
The only Solo figure I know is coming is TVC Lando. The movie seems to be such poison for retailers, I doubt we get anymore figures from it in the near future. They did pretty good with the line overall, but yeah I'd love to have the poker table guys, and of course the main bad guy lol.

Reaction score
The only Solo figure I know is coming is TVC Lando. The movie seems to be such poison for retailers, I doubt we get anymore figures from it in the near future. They did pretty good with the line overall, but yeah I'd love to have the poker table guys, and of course the main bad guy lol.
The poison for retailers was/is TLJ. The limited actual SOLO product has moved briskly for the most part.

Reaction score
Each region is different, around here, the only TLJ pegwarmer from the basic line is Rose. After the holidays, everything else sold out at my closest Target and WM. The Solo 2-packs are the biggest pegwarmer from that movies assortments - the basic Qira collected dust and now only a couple remain. I'm actually surprised with how well they did around here. The Forcelink device is everywhere though, just like the TLJ version before it, I wonder if that will continue for Episode IX? Apparently its done well in the boys electronic toys category, but its far too plentiful...

Reaction score
Each region is different, around here, the only TLJ pegwarmer from the basic line is Rose. After the holidays, everything else sold out at my closest Target and WM. The Solo 2-packs are the biggest pegwarmer from that movies assortments - the basic Qira collected dust and now only a couple remain. I'm actually surprised with how well they did around here. The Forcelink device is everywhere though, just like the TLJ version before it, I wonder if that will continue for Episode IX? Apparently its done well in the boys electronic toys category, but its far too plentiful...
I think that it's been left out of the GOA line is very telling, given the absolute debacle of the 2.0 launch with the constant firmware upgrade message, may mean it's done.

Reaction score
Yeah, and I don't believe its included with the new Resistance figures either, so it could very well be over. I honestly wish they'd drop all the gimmicks and allow the price to drop as well.

Utinniii

Reaction score
While they might remove it, I doubt the price will go down. Generally, once a price goes up on an object, it stays that price even when the "extra cost factor" goes away.

Or, they will replace it with some new gimick. Comtech-BAD-Dice-stand-BAW-Big Weapon-Forcelink-new fad...

Reaction score
At this point, I’m just hoping to see ANY new basic line 3.75 figures. I know that they will resume with Episode IX, but maybe not in ways and numbers that we recognize.

Reaction score
Any idea when that vandor plaster is going to go in clearance? I need to get that Chewbacca.

Reaction score
Oh I seriously hope that Hasbro drops the Forcelink concept for EP IX. it was a neat concept but it's been played out since TLJ and needs to end. I'd rather Hasbro focus on giving us accessories and action figure stands/bases similar to the ones from the AOTC Saga series. some of those stands were awesome especially the Geonosis ones.

Reaction score
Oh I seriously hope that Hasbro drops the Forcelink concept for EP IX. it was a neat concept but it's been played out since TLJ and needs to end. I'd rather Hasbro focus on giving us accessories and action figure stands/bases similar to the ones from the AOTC Saga series. some of those stands were awesome especially the Geonosis ones.
Speaking of stands, is it just me, or are the peg holes in the figures getting larger? It seems like all the newer figures have peg holes that are too big for the stands I've been using on all my other figures since POTF2.

Reaction score
The poison for retailers was/is TLJ. The limited actual SOLO product has moved briskly for the most part.
Where I live, this is very true. The TLJ garbage has blocked the Solo stuff. I'm really tired of seeing Hux and Rose sitting on shelves. If a store actually gets Solo figures, they go quickly.
W

Reaction score
I believe if you sign in thingiverse can print it for you for a price, but it is fairly expensive. I will defer to others who are more familiar with 3D printing.

Reaction score
So, funny story. I googled 'Jefferson County Library 3D priniting' and got an easy enough form to submit which allowed me to put the thingiverse URL right inside it. Today I got an email syaing it was done and ready for pick up, and when I asked what branch to pick it up at, the response I got was 'Port Hadlock, WA'. I live in Colorado. I submitted this request to the Library in Jefferson County, Washington! They were super nice, tho, and when I offered to pay to have it shipped, they offered to ship it to me for free.

Reaction score
Classic! lol
You'd think that good ole Google would use location services and point you towards your local Library within your own State...
Though you likely have it turned off like the rest of us.

Reaction score
I'm pretty much at the don't care anymore stage for wave 4. MAYBE the Hasbro Toy Shop revamped site will change things but I'm not camping out on dorkside or whoever's site and hitting the refresh button 24/7.

Reaction score
I just looked up to see if we have any library printing services around here and I found one that charges $10 for non-card members and $0.50 per ounce of the completed item. Good to know.

Reaction score
Whoa, some of those came out pretty damned impressive. If I can find a library with a 3D printer I may try for the AC droid and four legged gonk.

Reaction score
Brought this comment over from the Moloch 6" thread, since I think it's more appropriate here:

The more I think about it - the SOLO figures, are the one SW movie where I have no complaints about ANY of the figures (so far at least - though I'm not expecting many more from this film any time soon.)

For every other movie - there's several misses/less than great examples in the figure line, but with the SOLO figs, I think they're all pretty much overall great so far?
Agree with all of the above. The 3.75" Solo line last year made me enthusiastic again about collecting SW toys. I had not been a huge fan of the TFA, Rogue One, or TLJ lines - but the majority of the Solo figures/vehicles were fantastic.

I don't have all of them, but do have many of the figures & some of the vehicles. I'm especially impressed by the Range Trooper; Lando & Kessel Guard/Laser rifle pack; Hoth Leia; Mimban Stormtrooper; Moloch; etc.

Han's blue Landspeder, the Enfys Nest Speeder/figure set, & the AT-DT are some of the best SW vehicles from the last ten years - very nice, and I'm intentionally reminded of the OT vehicles when looking at these

I also like that this line produced the best version of a 3.75" Wampa out there (even though that was from ESB).

I actually wish Hasbro/Disney had made many more figures from Solo - I would definitely have liked a 3.75" Imperial Patrol Trooper w/Speeder, and many of the other robots/aliens from the film. But, I doubt we'll see much more now - given that the film hit theaters almost a year ago.

Still searching for Wave 4 of the Solo figures (Tobias Beckett, Rio Durant, etc.) but know they won't hit retail in large amounts, especially now that stores are getting the new Resistance figures in. Maybe Solo Wave 4 will end up at a discount?! store sometime in the future. I hope so.

Reaction score
Brought this comment over from the Moloch 6" thread, since I think it's more appropriate here:

Agree with all of the above. The 3.75" Solo line last year made me enthusiastic again about collecting SW toys. I had not been a huge fan of the TFA, Rogue One, or TLJ lines - but the majority of the Solo figures/vehicles were fantastic.

I don't have all of them, but do have many of the figures & some of the vehicles. I'm especially impressed by the Range Trooper; Lando & Kessel Guard/Laser rifle pack; Hoth Leia; Mimban Stormtrooper; Moloch; etc.

Han's blue Landspeder, the Enfys Nest Speeder/figure set, & the AT-DT are some of the best SW vehicles from the last ten years - very nice, and I'm intentionally reminded of the OT vehicles when looking at these

I also like that this line produced the best version of a 3.75" Wampa out there (even though that was from ESB).

I actually wish Hasbro/Disney had made many more figures from Solo - I would definitely have liked a 3.75" Imperial Patrol Trooper w/Speeder, and many of the other robots/aliens from the film. But, I doubt we'll see much more now - given that the film hit theaters almost a year ago.

Still searching for Wave 4 of the Solo figures (Tobias Beckett, Rio Durant, etc.) but know they won't hit retail in large amounts, especially now that stores are getting the new Resistance figures in. Maybe Solo Wave 4 will end up at a discount?! store sometime in the future. I hope so.
1) I generally agree with everything you said
2) We need more positive posts like this around here

Reaction score
1) I generally agree with everything you said
2) We need more positive posts like this around here
Thanks. I suspect last year's Solo line is the last time I'll be collecting that many SW toys for a while. I don't have a lot of interest in the Resistance figures, and I'm not an ST fan - so doubt I'll get many figures from the next SW ST film (probably coming out in December 2019).

That being said, if & when Disney produces another OT or pre-OT era film like Solo or Rogue One, I may be more enthusiastic about those figures - as long as they're as well-done & interesting.