Han Solo (2018) Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herder....A Star Wars Story

"Hey, only WE can call each other that!" - Peter Griffin

Reaction score
They could have simply called it Han Solo, and left of the SW story part. Now if they had named it the "Corellian Scoundrel", i could see hte need for a "SW" reference.
It would be like making a movie about Luke's youth, and Calling the Dunes of Tatooine or something.

I kind of like The Corellian Affair or The Kessel Incident. Lets be just tad more creative, than titular names. Especially with the SW story afterwards.

Reaction score
The character by 12 inch lando looks cool but that falcon play-set looks dumb. Probably end up being only one or two things I buy.

Reaction score
I can't tell if those are the 12" "Hero Series" figures or the 6" dollar store versions.

That Chewbacca looks like a scaled up version of the TFA Armor-Up Chewie, so I will likely buy that one.

Reaction score
Not bad looking outfit for Lando, though not really digging the head sculpt. Nor Kessel Guard look. At least not in 5POA form. While it looks bleak now, I'm sure there's got to be more, like 3.75" Han, Chewy and the Girl. I hope that they at least make Han and her in the TVC line!

Reaction score
The character by 12 inch lando looks cool but that falcon play-set looks dumb. Probably end up being only one or two things I buy.
Which Falcon playset? Only saw one Falcon but not clear what scale it is or features it has (the one under the TIE fighter)

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I will get getting anything form the Solo Movie. Though I will wait to see what NYTF has in store. The Nuremberg toy fair never really shows a lot of stuff. Not sure why.

Reaction score
I am very glad to see we're getting a TIE Fighter, can't tell though if it's new or just a reissue. It kinda looks new, maybe it's just the low quality of the picture. But the wings while small, look better portioned than the old Kenner wings.

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Falcon and TIE Fighter shown might be from the Value Line we saw for TFA and Rogue One.

Reaction score
https://imgur.com/xdIhjWX

Here's a link to the pic with the falcon and tie. The tie certainly looks 3.75"... the falcon I think GL1 called it that its probably from the value line. At least I hope it is.

I'm not big on the Falcon design. I'm assuming this is pre "...I've made a lot of special modifications..." which naturally they had to do to because while else would we want to buy another falcon. Right? RIGHT?!

Reaction score
I'm not big on the Falcon design. I'm assuming this is pre "...I've made a lot of special modifications..." which naturally they had to do to because while else would we want to buy another falcon. Right? RIGHT?!
#Notmyfalcon

Reaction score
Does this mean that the Falcon in ROTS is not the Falcon?
Y'know I never once assumed that the freighter we saw in ROTS was THE Millenium Falcon. Since these are supposed to be mass produced vehicles, then it's just one of tens or even hundreds of thousands of that particular model of freighter produced. Kind of like when you see a Plymouth Roadrunner in Michigan then, thirty years later, you see another Plymouth Roadrunner in Connecticut, you don't just automatically assume that it was the exact same Plymouth Roadrunner.

That being said, I think this redesign of the Falcon is stupid.

Reaction score
I kind of like it. Han made a lot of special modifications, so we knew it was different at some point. Plus Lando is a bit of a dandy, do you think he’d fly around in a hunk of junk?

Reaction score
LOVE the Falcon. This is clearly Lando's Falcon, not Han's. He was never going to bum around the galaxy in a hunk of junk. This looks like a ship that a man of sophisticated tastes like Lando would own. :) Gives new meaning to his words to Han at Cloud City, 'What have you done to my ship?'

Overall, I love that the design choices of this whole film so far make it feel like it was made in the 70s. :D

Reaction score
I did see the Value TIE Silencer at Big Lots as well.
How did it's size compare to the 3.75 fig version? The new the looks maybe 3.75 fig scale or at least designed for 3.75 figs not nessessarily to scale for 3.75 figs.

Just saw teaser. Looks interesting. Personally it was hard to compare to any previous movie as we recently got a 4k tv and pic clarity is so vastly different. Returning to watch TWD marathon, those s3 episodes look very different in 4k. Lol.

Reaction score
unless the picture has some kinda forced perspective going on, it's not value line. It's 3.75 scaled, you can see some of the figures laying on the diorama below it. It's hard to tell with the quality of the picture if it's a totally new TIE or just an old one. The wings look different though compared to the old Kenner small wings, these look like they may be better scaled to the cockpit. Although it looks like the wing connector may be the same old 40 year old part. Also it looks like there is a third gun on the chin of the cockpit. But thats all just speculation, it's a small grainy picture and it's hard to pick out any solid details. Hopefully better quality ones will surface soon, or at the very least it'll be at Toyfair in a few weeks.

anyhow here is a link to the picture that is floating around, https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...b451eb48a9c9bc367a8ede0e7e36f86eca3919cf4.jpg

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's just a cheap toy and the Falcon in the movie looks much better.

I do kind of like the look of the boxy speeder, though.

Reaction score
I didn’t know my decision to not see any more Disney SW movies could be more cemented until I saw the Solo commercial.

Reaction score
The teaser looks great! :) love the new TIE variant, and seeing the SD in the gaseous space cloud tunnel thingee!

This looks like it’s going to be a fun adventure romp of a movie! I’m buckling up for the ride!

Cant wait for the second trailer tomorrow!

Ps: the falcon looks great - love the gleaming white interiors also!

Reaction score
The trailer from GMA was amazing. I had NO expectations for this but based on what we have seen it's gonna be a fun movie.

On the other hand the trailers from TLJ had me hyped and that movie was terrible.

Reaction score
Just watched the full trailer. I have to say, I wasn't too excited about the prospects of a Han Solo movie, even though he is pretty much my favorite character, but this actually looks pretty darned good! I am now officially excited. Interesting that the "teaser" shown during the Super Bowl is pretty much all different footage than the one shown on GMA. After so long without a trailer, we have now gotten two within the space of less than a day!

Favorite shot in the GMA trailer has to be that quick shot of Han unsnapping the strap on his holster.

Reaction score
We will finally be getting a different looking chewie,

I thought it was a missed opertunity not to give him some grey hairs in the new trilogy.

Reaction score
Solo is going one of those movies where you either like it or not.. I don't think it will garner the same angry hate that TLJ still gets but I think it will be a 50/50 split on the fans. I was always more of a Luke Skywalker fan myself so Solo was never really my favorite character of the trio but I'm still loving what has been shown so far in the teaser and the GMA Trailer

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Lando "Childish Gambino" Calrissian. From the few snippets it looks like he will give us a better glimpse of how Lando from the OT become the intergalactic lady killing entrepreneur that we all know and love.

Reaction score
After seeing the full trailer, I think I can learn to accept Alden Ehrenreich in the role of a young Han Solo (even though I'm not sure if I will ever be able to type his name out without Googling the proper spelling). I don't think Ehrenreich is any worse of a match for young Han Solo than River Phoenix or Sean Patrick Flanery were for young Indiana Jones.

It's funny reading comments on Youtube where people are already complaining about the existence of humor in this film. Humor and subverting drama with jokes have been a part of the Star Wars franchise from the beginning. If it doesn't have humor in it, then it's not a Star Wars movie. It's also weird how suddenly people think putting humor in a film makes it for "babies" and movies made for "adults" have no humor or lightheartedness in them whatsoever and are just a completely dreary and joyless slog to watch. Well, if that's how it works, then I guess I'll just be a baby until the day I die, because I want movies that are fun and entertaining, not completely miserable viewing experiences that take themselves too seriously.

But I digress, overall Solo looks pretty good. Definitely much better than I was expecting and I already want a toy of Han's scamp speeder from the start of the trailer. Still not sold on the redesign of the Falcon, though.

Reaction score
I want to like the movie but after hearing about all the bad news about it i'm not sure. I feel like it'll be another movie filled with Kathleen Kennedy's meddling and Emilia Clarke's character will actually be the lead due to this and her top-billing.

Reaction score
I want to like the movie but after hearing about all the bad news about it i'm not sure. I feel like it'll be another movie filled with Kathleen Kennedy's meddling and Emilia Clarke's character will actually be the lead due to this and her top-billing.
All of the drama behind the scenes of this film has been pretty major and is probably common knowledge among Star Wars fans, but you just need to keep in mind that the last time a Star Wars movie had this many production issues and chaos so close to its release was the original Star Wars in 1977. That's not to say that the Han Solo movie will be great, but it just means that production problems are no guarantee that the movie will be horrible either.

I'm willing to give Solo a chance based on what I've seen in the teaser trailer and the Superbowl TV spot. That's far more positive than I was about this movie a week ago, where I was hoping that it would fail so hard that Kathleen Kennedy gets fired.