Hallmark SW Ships & Vehicles

Reaction score
Actually, Hallmark did the Death Star II in 2002. :)
But yeah, the Vader's TIE is an unwelcome repeat for me, too. From the first blurry shot I saw yesterday, I'd thought it was the Inquisitor's TIE.

Reaction score
Freestanding battery version instead of corded?

Are there no other ships from the original left undone? I expect 2017 will be 40th focused. ISD maybe?

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any information on what Hallmark's new Millennium Falcon model is? I can't really make out any details.

Reaction score
That's not a moon, that's a better shot (of a shot) of the Death Star.
Assuming that they don't support the Flat Earth theory, I'll definitely be getting one.

Reaction score
More shots of the 2017 ornies from JediNews: the Death Star looks real purdy but I'll skip buying the two fighters (again).

Do we really need the ornies to be interactively story-telling or is this a cunning way to jack up prices? (he asks knowingly) ;)

Reaction score
The paint job looks better this X-Wing. Am I right in assuming they've not released anything from Rogue One ? Shame that

Reaction score
The paint job looks better this X-Wing. Am I right in assuming they've not released anything from Rogue One ? Shame that

I know! Rogue One isn't getting the same attention as the chapter movies. I will get all these 40th anniversary vehicles since I'm intrigued about the interactive show when you have them all turned on.

Reaction score
Agree that it's a shame about Rogue One. Would like to see a blue squadron X-wing. Also re: interactive ornaments... Why would I want my tree to make noise for ten minutes? That just sounds annoying.

I miss the plug in ornaments. When we used to turn on the tree they'd all start taking at once. Was fun.

Reaction score
I dunno if this X-wing's engines light up like the old one but yeah, the paint does look better.
They released a Death Trooper from R1: I think that's the only one that's exclusively from the movie.

I miss the plug in ornaments. When we used to turn on the tree they'd all start taking at once. Was fun.
Agreed, what a racket, great fun! The Borg were always the last to shut up, always droning on. I think 60 seconds of cacophony is probably enough, too. ;)

Reaction score
Hallmark's announced their SW con exclusives for the year: here's the one that's relevant for us: the T-70 X-Wing repaint for SDCC and NYCC.

T-70 X-Wing Fighter™, a Keepsake Ornament of Poe Dameron’s starfighter as depicted in the beginning of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. This repaint of a 2016 Keepsake Ornament includes sound between Poe & BB-8 before the starfighter was destroyed on Jakku and has a total production run of 3,275 and sales will be limited to 275 per day.

The rest, including Celebration Orlando exclusives, are here:
http://newsroom.hallmark.com/News-From-Hallmark/PopMinded-by-Hallmark-Introduces-Event-Exclusive-Products-for-2017
http://newsroom.hallmark.com/News-From-Hallmark/PopMinded-by-Hallmark-Introduces-Event-Exclusive-Products-and-Activations

Reaction score
No worries, bruvva. The only image I've found is the one we saw earlier (plus the ones posted earlier) but at least it's first gen now:

Apparently, the Dreambook catalog isn't out 'til May but it's likely we'll get the same image again, only in a higher rez. o-o
At the moment, we don't know if it's out in July or if it'll arrive in October... but I suspect (and hope for) the former.
I'll definitely post a pic as soon as I find one. And I'll grab you the ornie, if you'd like one, of course!

Reaction score
Excellent. Lots of features, which aren't necessarily what I am looking for, personally. Price will be critical, and of course, as is always the case with Hallmark, availability.

Reaction score
Availability isn't an issue if you grab 'em on the first day of release (as I do), though I'm surprised to see how pricey some recent non-con exclusive Trek ornies like the gold Ent and JJ-prise have gotten. Price is $40 USD for each of the SW ship ornies, as it turns out. Dunno how crap an exchange rate Hallmark will charge us here (it's usually fugly) but gissa shout if you want me to grab you a DS, Rev.

I don't care about audio features, interactivity or if it frickin' tap dances either... but the purdy lights have put me over the line. I'm in. :)

I kinda like the busted-up AT-AT tape dispenser but I didn't see any 2008 ornie previews.

Reaction score
Thanks, mate. $40 is steep for what I want, seeing as I won't use the lights or sounds and in fact plan on gutting the thing. I'm just after a nice, crisply detailed mini at around baseball-size, which this is. I wish there was a back channel by which I could obtain one with faulty electrics or something for cheap. Anyhow, I will probably get it nonetheless. Thanks for the offer, DD. We'll see what happens.

Reaction score
The Christmas SW offering is up on Toyark. Have we seen this before ?

Reaction score
Yurp, it's the convention special this year, details on the previous page, Boris. :)

FYI: Sneak peek of two of 2018's chattering SW ornies: apparently, both are a smidge larger than the previous releases. Detailing looks particularly nice on the Falcon, methinks. I'll probably be up for that one.

If you can make it past Hallmark's somewhat stilted and irksome hosts, it's kinda cool to see a Hallmark designer's workbench. And you can see and hear this year's SW ornies' light and sound extravaganza, if that kind of thing floats your boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5E8zNfFVoE

Reaction score
This one, Rod:

http://www.hallmark.com/gifts/kitchen/kitchen-accessories/star-wars-millennium-falcon-serving-tray-1SHP4058.html

Hehe, if you skip to :54 seconds, you can watch "Boba" use his MF plate to load E. coli onto the cooked steak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UczNyVXM1Gw

Yeah Rev, a smidge disappointing... but still a likely buy for me, too. Dunno what happened to the elaborate "city block" paintwork we can see on the DS designer's screen, either. Odd, that.
Anyhoo, gonna check it out next weekend, if all goes to plan. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my reaction, too, but it's still probably the best version at this size and price. I look forward to hearing what you think of yours. :) Where are you getting it from?

Reaction score
Oh great. I wasn't sure how available it would be. I'm new to Hallmark collecting. My only experience is seeing the crazy lines for their exclusives at San Diego Comic Con. Shudder.

Reaction score
No worries, mate. The first (and by far largest) batch of ornies arrive at HM stores on 15 July where they dole out free coffee and cookies on the day. Helps you empty out your wallet that much faster when you're convulsing from a sugar/caffeine rush. ;) Anyhoo, the later release date for ornies is in early October for the balance of 'em.
Criminy, SDCC, talk about a baptism of fire for Hallmark collecting, the frickin' crucible! Well I, for one, appreciate your past noble efforts very much. B)

As a sidenote, Hallmark Collector's Club members also get a shot at getting the con specials through the US webstore but in reality, quantities are quite scanty and there's a 90 second window.

Ah so. Seeing the Death Star fully light up, I can see why they ditched the city block panels, makes total sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bORapniuf1g

It's a rout. All resistance has collapsed here.

And next year's Falcon looks wunderbuns, just astounding detail.

Reaction score
Thanks D_D I had never seen that before. Kinda tacky, but I will have to get one. :)

Reaction score
Glad to assist, hope you use it for serving cheese, mate. B)

Not saying that HM's previous MF ornies weren't great... they were... but I'll have to nab the 2018 one, too.
Like I need more Falcons. o-o Like I need to talk to you about this subject! ;)

Reaction score
First peek at the 2018 Hallmark SW ornies from the Dream Book:

Think I'm gonna have to get both Falcons. :)