Guest List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The next round of guests that will be announced with probably give us a much clearer idea on what types of guests will be appearing at CE.

It will be either the more comercial guests like the C4 line up or mainstream guests plus the extras like Stormtroopers and aliens

I sure hope they still announce another 20 like they said they may be witnin the next week or so

Reaction score
I wish they would announce this soon, so I can start planning. I want to know which posters to bring to CIV and then to CE to maximize the most signers. I really wish they would announce the first big grouping.

Reaction score
It's coming soon, and both Barry and the company chosen to provide guests know that a lot of people are sitting on the fence. All parties are working hard to get some names.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Throw us a bone!! THe updates for OP started about 3 months out. I just want to see some new names. I noticed at the new Collectormania they have some new signers in early May. Hopefully these signers are just getting ready for CE.

Reaction score
I think i'll be going to collectormania 11 becuase except Mayhew and Park i don't see the other attending Celebration Europe because they do have rather minor roles and that i think CE will want to focus on more mainstream guests.

Hope i'm worng though.
At least if they do go to CE that having got them at Collectormania that it has eased the fincial blow to my bank account that CE will do.

Becuase i am going to Collectormania next month and getting my first poster signed that they then go and announce a much nicer looking oster for CE which i would prefer to get signed. That's theonly thing putting me off going to Collectormania.

Thaa's why i too so badly want them to announce the next round of guests just to give me an idea on what guests to expect. Not bothered in Guests of Honour just yet

Reaction score
Mainstreem maybe, just like OP have done with CIV because you have to have a certain number of established names and fortunately most of them are not exactly too busy with acting offers to attend nowadays!
Im guessing that Showmasters will plump for more minor characters as their gamble with their recent Empire Day conventions with minor guests had paid off, so I predict more of a healthy mixture of names and minors than at CIV, which isnt a bad thing at all in my book

Reaction score
Can I just make it clear that Showmasters is only providing the staffing for the autographing area.

Jeremy

Reaction score
So they are not responsible for getting the guests on behalf on Cards Inc. like Official Pix are doing in the US.

I must say though that i am getting extremely worried by the lack of guest announcements

Reaction score
Jeremy said:
Can I just make it clear that Showmasters is only providing the staffing for the autographing area.

Jeremy
When did this happen? If they arent booking the guests then who are?

Reaction score
Jeremy said:

Jeremy
I believe its Showmasters are booking guests aswell, at least according to their website. Hopefully they wont be doing the photos too!

Reaction score
it would be nice to get a big bunch of guests listed. it's a little silly they have only announced a handful and no one really has much use for them seeing they do shows constantly especially during the summer. so if anyone's listening, get some guests going here.

Reaction score
Although it should be taken as a pintch of salt and that no one will probably believe me but i have been taking to a friend of mine who is a Dealer that will be at Celebration Europe and apparently at the UK Memorabilia event, the Organisres let slip that they have 1 MAJOR guest of Honour for CE.

He is apparently someone who doesn't normally sign autos but becuase he was offered such a large sum of money that he has agreed to appear. The stall dealers have been swarn to secretcy, so my friend didn't give me a name but did say he played a Baddie

That leaves 3 options to me

Either Christopher Lee is the Obvious although he does do signings

Ian McDiarmid is possible as he did a Private signing for Official Pix in the US and seems to warming to the money potential in autos. Although i think he is also still against the idea

Or Hayden Christensen who i think is most likely of the 3.

Reaction score
Lee_c00per said:
the Organisres let slip that they have 1 MAJOR guest of Honour for CE.
You aren't wrong but it isn't set in stone yet.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Sounds exciting but i sure hope there is more than 1 Guest of Honour Appearing

Mind you, any guest announcements would be nice

Reaction score
At this point in time, i'm looking much more forward to CE than C4. IT's not feasable for Official Pix to bring so many people over from the UK to the States for almost a week stay.

It makes much more sense that the CE is going to be an asbolute blockbuster in terms of guests. I'm guessing there are going to be loads of signers that have never appeared in the US.

I can't wait for the show. I'm going and looking forward to a huge event.

Reaction score
I hope the pictures available to sign are from Offical Pix or at least as good a quality as theirs.

Just seen the pics for C IV and they look great!

Reaction score
I hope many of the guests for CE will be announced by the time I go to CIV, then I will just load up on Official Pix pictures and then bring them to CE with me.

Reaction score
Jeremy, can you not find out as to when we may even hear about some guests, hours, days, weeks?

Any news you find out would be appricated. If they leave it too late to announce any guests then it's going to be a struggle for those who may want to order photos or get hold of some new posters for signing

Reaction score
swgrapher72 said:
At this point in time, i'm looking much more forward to CE than C4. IT's not feasable for Official Pix to bring so many people over from the UK to the States for almost a week stay.

It makes much more sense that the CE is going to be an asbolute blockbuster in terms of guests. I'm guessing there are going to be loads of signers that have never appeared in the US.

I can't wait for the show. I'm going and looking forward to a huge event.
I dont want to sound ungrateful but when the 'biggest number of guests' slogan was mentioned for CIV i expected much more choice than what we got. Yes CE will have access to a wider array of regular and non regular guests so maybe those of us from US will have a good excuse to go to London to have all our stuff signed in one place...

Reaction score
I wanted to address some of the issues surrounding guests at Celebration Europe as there appears to be some undue concern.

It has always been our intention to offer one of the largest selections of Star Wars guests that Europe has ever seen, devoting a space, larger than an Olympic Sized swimming pool, to the Autograph Hall at Celebration Europe.

However Celebration Europe is still over 14 weeks away, and currently the announcements for guests at CIV in LA in May have priority. That is why you are seeing regular guest announcements for CIV and Official Pix are doing a great job on the line up for CIV. We are a partner event for CIV and we do not want to confuse people or steal any of CIV’s thunder so Celebration Europe guest announcements remain secondary to CIV for the next few weeks. If you check back you will find that there were few if any guest announcements made for CIV 14 weeks prior.

Guest announcements will be published on starwars.com and celebrationeurope.com only when we have a signed and confirmed agreement with a guest, not before.

Anything you read or hear anywhere else is just rumour or suggestion. We pay careful attention to the fan forums and take the guest suggestions seriously and read the threads with interest but starwars.com and celebrationeurope.com remain the official source.

We are putting 110% into making sure that Celebration Europe has an excellent guest offering, made up of characters from all 6 movies and beyond. We intend to offer regular signers as well as rare signers and some first timers as well as a selection of special guests, but until people sign a contract......

As soon as we are able to make an announcements we will, please be patient. 14 Weeks is a long time and we want to pace guest announcements in the lead up to July. I had hoped to be able to make an announcement this week, but I am unable to do so as the behind the scenes paperwork is not yet in order.

I can confirm that Showmasters have asked to be released from their contract at Celebration Europe, they did not feel that Celebration Europe was right for them at this time and we respect their decision. This does not reflect negatively on the Celebration Europe Autograph Hall in any way and people should not pre-judge the Celebration Europe Autograph Hall based on previous events or other shows. The Celebration Europe Autograph Hall will follow the US Celebration model closely but will be unique in its own special way.

I hope that helps to clear things up and we look forward to being able to announce some exciting new guests very very soon.

Reaction score
I almost forgot... there is no need to panic about ordering photos or obtaining pictures to sign for Celebration Europe.

Please remember this is an official Lucasfilm event and for the first time in Europe, we will have high quality, officially licensed souvenir items UNIQUE to a European event including a wide selection of images for signing.

Official Pix have just published a stunning gallery of images for CIV, just over 1 month in advance of the event which allows you to choose your images in advance.

Expect a similar announcement from us for Celebration Europe in early June or before.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can rest easy now.

I hope the guest list holds up with Showmasters not beig involved.

I must say that at least we know that they are thankfully not doing the CE photos

Reaction score
Lee_c00per said:
Jeremy, can you not find out as to when we may even hear about some guests, hours, days, weeks
Like CE_Office said, the official sources are starwars.com and celebrationeurope.com. What I know is in confidence and can not be repeated but what I can do is draw the organisers attention to the main concerns of their potential ticket buyers.

Jeremy

Reaction score
I hope prices for Autographs follow the same pattern as C4. Make the guest auto prices cheaper by charging for the photos seperately

With alot of C4 guests being £5 ($10 1 voucher) plus phots being £2.50 on top. Hopefully that means that these type of guests will be in the £10 bracket at CE.

Usually guests like Orli Shoshan, Mike Kingma and Richard LeParmentier are £15 an auto at UK event although the crap free photo is included. For me this is too much money for who they are.

Hopefully Lucasfilm will sympathise with us poor brits who are used to egtting ripped off on anything at that prices will be reflective of c4

Reaction score
Thanks CE_Office for addressing some valid concerns we had. Like others have already mentioned the only concern I had was obviously the quality of photos on offer, those of us who attended Showmasters' previous events highlighted the photo quality as a concern. Although they didnt seem to affect the vibe and atmosphere of the event too much, it meant we couldnt buy as many as we would have liked.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know, I will now double my efforts to attend!

Reaction score
Well thats interesting, why wouldnt CE be something SM would be interested in, dont they do another Star Wars con called Empire Day??

Reaction score
CE_Office - is it possible to shed some light on the queuing process for autographs at CE?
im only going one day and with your comments above and rumours of big guests i dont want to spend the day in line for one autograph.

have you thought of a structure to manage this??

Reaction score
Sarahjedi0 said:
Well thats interesting, why wouldnt CE be something SM would be interested in, dont they do another Star Wars con called Empire Day??
CE_Office didn't say that SM wasn't interested, he said "did not feel that Celebration Europe was right for them at this time". I'm sure they were interested - and who wouldn't be!

Yes, they do Empire Day. If you've been to an ED and an official Celebration you should compare the two events. One is like a village football match, the other is a cup final.

Fletch said:
CE_Office - is it possible to shed some light on the queuing process for autographs at CE?
CE_Office pointed out that all will be revealed, and it will be sw.com and ce.com that will post the news first, so keep your peepers pointed at those two sites.

Jeremy

Reaction score
CE_Office said:
14 Weeks is a long time...
It really isn't though if you're considering coming over from the US and want to find economical flights and hotel accomodations, ask for time off from work, get a passport, etc.

I can understand not wanting to announce someone until you have a signed contract, but with pretty much all of C4's guests announced, I don't think you'd be stealing any thunder. I mean it's not like people who are committed to going to C4 are going to suddenly decide to go to CE instead. And if there's some concern about CE luring fence-sitters away from C4, then you must have some pretty special guests up your sleeve.

Reaction score
Sorry to drag this up from way back but...

Jeremy said:
Just think of how many stormtroopers were in the Battle of Endor for starters.
What that dodgey ol film???

And for what it is worth, I really think people are hinging far too much on a single aspect (guests) on an event that has so much much much more to offer. If there were no guests, it would still be the best ever event to be held in the Uk becuase of the bringing together of the licence holders, the prop displays, the exclusives and total fan involvement from various collector clubs and websites.

Personally I don't really care who will be there in terms of guests, it's such a small part of the event, not the be all and end all. I just think it's great that something like this is happening in the first place.

Dave.

PS, are there any guests coming from Caravan of Courage or the Holiday Special?

Reaction score
David_Tree said:
...I really think people are hinging far too much on a single aspect (guests) on an event that has so much much much more to offer.
But for some of us (e.g. those of us in the US who are thinking of attending) guests we never see at conventions here are the single most important aspect of this show.

Reaction score
I think for us even in the UK we don't want guests to all be announced after C4 as that alone is another 4-5 weeks making all the guest announcements within 9 weeks is not ideal

Reaction score
mousedroid said:
But for some of us (e.g. those of us in the US who are thinking of attending) guests we never see at conventions here are the single most important aspect of this show.
Well on that front I don't think you'll have any worries as there are a lot of UK actors who regularly appear at UK shows several times a year and who would no doubt attend CE too.

Besides, I'm there, what more could anyone want?

Reaction score
David_Tree said:
I really think people are hinging far too much on a single aspect (guests) on an event that has so much much much more to offer.
Well said Treezo, and hear hear.

I spoke at great length with the organisers yesterday and the guest hall is going to be a drop in the ocean compared to what they've got up their sleeve.

Expect to see an announcement this very day.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Wow! Cool! A new announcement!? Oh, man! I am getting so exicted! I wish the airlines would update their specials for travel during July!!!! I want to have that part of the trip settled!

I am not an autograph hound, but I really would like to meet a few of the big names...I am trying to be reasonable about my wishlist, but i have decided (for myself) that of the big name baddy that is supposed to (potentially) be attneding, I am hoping it is Christopher Lee....I know he signs at Forbidden Planet all the time, but I figure, he is getting up there in years and he is Saruman as well...two bad birds with with one stone!!!

Reaction score
An announcement....cool

It won't be guests so i wonder if it's another show or something they have sorted for CE

Status
Not open for further replies.