Guest List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
My dreams will be fulfilled: Temuera is coming!

Now, which Clone trooper will I bring for him to sign? Maybe a copy of Republic Commando?...

The icing on the cake would be seeing Karen Traviss attend, too

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH

I am so happy Jnago is going. Temera Morrison is an amazing guy. I'm happy

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
DarthNervous said:
With all of the UK other European cons popping up this year, this is the potential list:

Zac Cohen (Naboo Ground Technician)
Andy Secombe (Watto)
Michael Culver (Capt Needa)
Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
Kenny Baker (Artoo Detoo)
Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna)
Christine Hewett (Brea Tonnika)
Richard LeParmentier (Adm. Motti)
Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma)
Barrie Holland (Lt Renz)
Alan Ruscoe (Plo Koon)
Paul Blake (Greedo)
Ken Colley (Adm Piett)
Alan Harris (Bossk)
Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter)
Richard Bonehill (Nien Numb, Snowtrooper, ...)
Jerome Blake (Mas Amedda, Rune Haako, ...)
John Coppinger (Yarua, Jabba sculptor)
Toby Philpott (Jabba puppeteer)
Lightning Bear (Biker Scout)
Sean Crawford (Yak Face)
Tim Dry (Whipid)
George Roubicek (Comm Praji)
Sally Sinclair (Brindy Truchong)
Mike Savva (Naboo Soldier)
Kamay Lau (Sei Taria)
Peter Roy (Incom Engineer)
Dean Mitchell (Cellheim Anujo)
Adam J Smith (Tundra Dowmeia)

and anyone else on the www.convention-guests.com website

a Buttload of sigs to get!
Wow Convention-guests looks an interesting website I never saw that before! I like the rare photos section and will watch to see how that develops.
Out of DarthNervous's list I met a few of them but got talking to Mike Savva and Dave Sexton in particular at Empireday in Cheshunt, they were great and told a few funny stories in the Q&A, the guest list was for first-time signers (as they always are at EmpireDay) but some of them (and Dean Mitchell, who wasnt there that day) also sign for charity. So SirTristram if your looking to justify why 'extras' charge money, theres your reason. Its also the organiser that sets the prices, not the guest. They may have been extras in Star Wars but some aren't extras in other shows so it depends how much of a fan you are.

I didnt realise Mike Savva was the Naboo Cruiser Guard blown up at the beginning of AOTC till I saw the photos, I also saw him and Dave Sexton and Martin Bou Mansour (TPM Naboo Guards) signing together at a Norwich sci-fi show and they did a 3 way multisigned photo for half price! You only have to ask for stuff and you get it!

I wonder who off Convention-guests.com will be at CE or even CIV?

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
with there being rumured around 150 guests at Celebration Europe i think a majority will be those who are on Convention-guests and have appeared at Empire Day events.

They may not have big parts but it's these people who make the films what they are.

Salo Gardner reckons he's going?

LITTLEOBIWAN

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Your right Lee but I would of liked a few of the bigger star to be there..........

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
The bigger stars will be there, Temeura Morrison will be there aswell! The only big star id really like to see is Ian McDiarmid but I doubt very much he'll be there and you cant erm Force a star to be there. Problem with most of the bigger stars is that if they are regular signers they tend to be so damn rude!! Except Jeremy Bulloch, hes great!
Im still looking forward to the smaller guests going, they always seem to get good writeups at other forums of shows.

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, i hope we get loads of big stars but it's not looking good so far.

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are apparently not comming because they are 'BUSY'
I doubt Anthony Daniels will be there as Showmasters are in charge of getting the guests and Anthony Does not get on at all with them.

Billy Dee Williams is quite likely but no one else from the sequals. Hayden Christensen is POSSIBLE.
I'm hoping Jake Lloyd turns up

Starwars.com said that we are going to get a number of new signers for Europe, so it sounds good.

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
May I ask why Anthony Daniels doesnt get on with Showmasters? I never knew about this (thankfully this isnt Showmasters' forum!!)

Mark Hamill busy?? No chance! maybe he doesnt get on with Showmasters too!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lee_c00per said:
with there being rumured around 150 guests at Celebration Europe
Don't believe rumours.

Jeremy

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
SteveSith said:
May I ask why Anthony Daniels doesnt get on with Showmasters? I never knew about this (thankfully this isnt Showmasters' forum!!)

Basically with regards to Showmasters relationship with Anthony Daniels. Showmasters announced him for one of their first ever events yet Anthony Daniels never 100% said that he would go. Because of that Anthony Daniels refuses to do Showmasters events.

As well as that Anthony Daniels is picky on what events he does anyway as he believes alot of them are badly managed and provide no other stuff for visitors to do except collect autos. weird or what?

With Mark Hamill it's another situation, apparently he is too busy to attend either CIV and CE. Sounds like an excuse to me.

With regards to him being at a Showmaters event, Mark Hamill said he would happily appear at one of ther events but he wants £45 an autograph plus an appearance fee. Showmasters believe that this is too much money and that there's no profit in him at that price.

Maybe it's also because perhaps Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher would then push their prices up over £20 and £25 each too and they don't want that.

I do live in hope of Hamill at CE though because it is an OFFICIAL star wars event there may be more money available to get bigger guests with as i doubt Showmasters will finace getting all the guests
Mark Hamill busy?? No chance! maybe he doesnt get on with Showmasters too!

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Jeremy said:
Lee_c00per said:
with there being rumured around 150 guests at Celebration Europe
Don't believe rumours.

Jeremy
With you being 'in the know' about Celebration Europe from people involved, you have just squashed that rumour dead

150 was a litle extreme to TBH

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
I doubt there were 150 actors in both trilogies and thats including the featured extras!

Maybe 150 if you include even unseen extras, crewperson and Lucas's/McCallums friends and family that got a gig as an extra at some point too.

LITTLEOBIWAN

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I think you would be surprised how many actors were involved in all six movies......

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I thought that they have have got all the guys who played stormtroopers for example to go to Celebration Europe. With all of those kind of people attending 150 isn't impossible.

Be nice if they did a discount for example if you got everyones auto who was a stormtrooper for example.
If the stormtrooper guys attend for example then surely they can't charge more than £5. I know they were £10 each at Empire day but this event will be FAR FAR more busy and more mainstream fans who won't pay £50 for their auto.

People like Sean Crawford and Gerlad Home usually charge £10 at events here yet they are only charging £5 ($10) at CIV.

Galaxy

Midshipman
Reaction score
Itll be good to see the stormtroopers, I wonder if they discovered which one banged his head in ANH?

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I don't think they did. Convention-guests had 2 people who asked to be on their site and both claimed to be the stormtrooper who anged their head on the door. Because of that Convention-guests took neither of them on to be safe

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SteveSith said:
I doubt there were 150 actors in both trilogies and thats including the featured extras!

Maybe 150 if you include even unseen extras, crewperson and Lucas's/McCallums friends and family that got a gig as an extra at some point too.
C'mon! There were over a thousand actors and extras involved. We are talking six movies over 30 years after all.

Just think of how many stormtroopers were in the Battle of Endor for starters.

Jeremy

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
I did refer to FEATURED extras! those thousands wearing masks and helmets arent featured in my book!

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
As long as we get a lot of mainstream gusts like the ones already announced at not just the stormtroopers for example i'll be happy.

I'm excited about there being apparently new and first time signers. I doubt Cathy Munroe will be there though as apparently she wants a stupid ammount for her auto

DarthNervous

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Galaxy said:
Itll be good to see the stormtroopers, I wonder if they discovered which one banged his head in ANH?
I think it's MIchael Leader. He signs TTM very well.

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
Lee_c00per said:
As long as we get a lot of mainstream gusts like the ones already announced at not just the stormtroopers for example i'll be happy.

I'm excited about there being apparently new and first time signers. I doubt Cathy Munroe will be there though as apparently she wants a stupid ammount for her auto
Is that Catherine Munroe on the convention-guests site? How can she want a stupid amount? She was uncredited, under a mask, hardly seen and didnt do anything anyway. She was an unfeatured extra. Who the hell would want her autograph anyway? At least some of the others meet us halfway by actually doing something other than standing still under a mask.

Cperry06

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
I just hope they announce most guests before CIV to help me organize who I want to get and when. I would also like to do one big OPix order rather then order twice. I am really into getting multiple autos on one pic, and would love to order some good ones before I go.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cperry06 said:
I just hope they announce most guests before CIV
I think we'll see an announcement soon

SteveSith said:
I did refer to FEATURED extras! those thousands wearing masks and helmets arent featured in my book!
TPM - 67 (not including Jabba The Hutt as "Himself")
AOTC - 31 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
ROTS - 35 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
ANH - 23 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
TESB - 28 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
ROTJ - 121 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)

TOTAL = 305

These are all taken from the cast list at sw.com whose list is the definition of an "official" SW cast member, and is therefore the backbone of who can be invited to CE and C4.

Jeremy

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Any clues, how soon we will hear the announcment
. Less than a week?

DarthNervous

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Jeremy said:
Cperry06 said:
I just hope they announce most guests before CIV
I think we'll see an announcement soon

SteveSith said:
TPM - 67 (not including Jabba The Hutt as "Himself")
AOTC - 31 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
ROTS - 35 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
ANH - 23 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
TESB - 28 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)
ROTJ - 121 (not counting those listed in previous episodes)

TOTAL = 305

These are all taken from the cast list at sw.com whose list is the definition of an "official" SW cast member, and is therefore the backbone of who can be invited to CE and C4.

Jeremy
Does that include crew too? Because I need a Gary Kurtz sig bad....

Also are you omitting the deceased?

LITTLEOBIWAN

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Officially 26 actores names are credieted for A New Hope, and 11 are no longer with us......

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
Cperry06 said:
I just hope they announce most guests before CIV to help me organize who I want to get and when. I would also like to do one big OPix order rather then order twice. I am really into getting multiple autos on one pic, and would love to order some good ones before I go.
I agree with you here, I love multisigned items and I never realised how fun that can be till I started seeing other people do it at shows.
I also agree that the current guest list alone isnt quite good enough to get me to CIV, as others have already said they are all serial signers and those with a larger collection like mine will already have most of them. I hope the next announcement is more of a first timer/rare signer list to make it a winning guest list that caters for everyone.

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I want another Celebration Guest anouncement

I need someone ew to get me excited as i have a bad feeling that we can get the usual suspects that Showmasters have had at their events before.

I'm not sure whether to bother getting autos from the Prequal guests because they are likely to be around for a very long time to come.

Maybe it would just be better to concentrate on the sequal signers.
This is the poster that i am goig to get my Sequal guests to sign

It's not Huge at 27x39 inches but if i ask signers to sign a little smaller than usual and with the ammount of space i could get alot of people of there.

I issue i would have is say i got loads of signautres on it then a private signing came up with say Mark Hamill, i would want it signed by him but too worried about sending my poster

Anyway, what do you guys reckon of my poster? 2500 made worldwsie. I have 2. 1 will remain unsigned and rolled. Other is for signing. The signatures will be in blue and silver

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
Lee_c00per said:
I'm not sure whether to bother getting autos from the Prequal guests because they are likely to be around for a very long time to come.
No necessarily true, I know some of the guys like Steve John Shepherd et al who have tried a convention and didnt like it and will probably never do another, or those that only do a charity signings (which rarely happens).

Id also like some of the 'usual suspects from Empire Days' to be there, I never managed to get everyone. I thought the whole point of Empire Day was that they werent usual suspects!

karnorjax

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Well I have been collecting Autos for over 12 years now from the OT and Im up too over 80 and thats a lot but also small by some collections I know of. !

SteveSith

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
karnorjax said:
Well I have been collecting Autos for over 12 years now from the OT and Im up too over 80 and thats a lot but also small by some collections I know of. !
You have more than me and I met quite a few at Celeb III who could beat most of us put together! I wonder when the first-timer guestlist will be released, anyone got an idea?

Reaction score
karnorjax said:
My friend and I run an autograph collectors forum listing all the latest shows, premieres and signings. If you are interested drop me a message and I'll give you the link.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If it is non-commercial you can post it here.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Thanks Jeremy - I didn't want to just go ahead and post it without everyone here being cool about it first.

Hope to see some of you guys over there - if you know people who like collecting autographs spread the word!

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Ill be annoyed if Silas Carson isn't there. Although i have heard that even if he is announced, he realy turns up

JambeDavdar

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I am in contact with a number of crew members from the Original Trilogy. If you are in charge of booking people just give me a shout if you want their details.

Cheers
JD

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Showmasters are in charge of booking the guests. You'd have to let them know

Status
Not open for further replies.