Guest List, Part II?

Reaction score
Re: Umm...Guest List, Part II?

Anthony Daniels is usually £20 at the memorabilia events so £25 is OK for him. He has more right to be £25 than Billy Dee and Dave Prowse IMO.

Fat chance of Anthony Daniels appearing at LFCC or Collectormania though

Reaction score

Abstractharmony said:
nlindenj said:
5 tickets no doubt
Yeah, £25.00. Do you not think that an actor who has appeared in all 6 movies and is a pivotal character in the franchise should be that?

Come on man. You KNOW that he would be this if he appeared at LFCC or CM.
Does Kenny Baker command that price?

Reaction score

A good guest I have his autograph on some posters but I have always wanted to do a group photo of either Athoney Daniels along with either Kenny Baker or the Endor Forest one with Ford, Fisher and co.

Reaction score

no his price is normally a lot smaller!

Reaction score

The more and more I read about CE, the more I think that its going to be on Watchdog later on in the year!

Reaction score

I originally posted this in the Autographs threads but admittedly its rightful place is here. Hope Jeremy or anyone in the know will be able to answer.

Jeremy,
I have been VERY positive about CE from the start but now I am getting a little concerned about a few things I hope you could clarify.
Does Barry at Cards Inc frequent the forums and this one in particular to get a grasp of what the fans want? A lot of time is passing without news and with only 35 guests reportedly planned, how is this going to cater for everyone that would like to see the Regular/Big/Small names. I am concerned that this is such a small number considering its in the UK. Is he aware of how highly a lot of us Americans (and elsewhere) are depending on this event to meet the guests that don't get to frequent US shows. Is he aware Derek Maki is not popular with fans? what does Maki know about UK convention guests and fees etc when he doesn't seem to know about US ones. Or basic manners for that matter.
Just need reassurance that he is fully aware of what is going on from the fans point of view, wether he frequents the forums or not or has someone telling him exactly what is in demand, not what he thinks is in demand. The whole issue with his replies about the guests charging what they choose for autos just strikes me as a little amateur and poorly planned.
Please reassure us this isnt the case or please be honest if it is.
Steve

Reaction score

Jeremy

Where do we stand here???? This is just silly. These organizers are not even giving people proper time to order photos and make plans. Are there more guests?

This is just comical. One of the most poorly organized shows I have ever seen in my life.

These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Reaction score

friday tommorow, can't wait another week goes by with no new guests, oh sorry there was one a stunt double
CE is gonna rock...with people complaining

Reaction score

Anthony Daniels

Nick Gillard

and a stunt double

what more do you want in one week....

Reaction score

will Gillard be doing autos?

Reaction score

oh i forgot about the others
just checked the CE site no word but on the star wars site AD is annouced there so at least thats something, no word on NG though

Reaction score

35 guests! I'd of been happy with just 10. It would have left a lot more room for other activities.

To be honest 20 would be enough, it's pretty much the norm for most events in the UK I think. Plus the cues for 35 would be herendous. I think it depends on room as well, plus what other SURPRISE guests that wil arrive.

-Nick

Reaction score

Nick_Macarty said:
plus what other SURPRISE guests that wil arrive.
If anyone else shows up that will be the surprise!

Reaction score

I'm just saying we don't need to know everything. No other show I know of, gives out daily reports on who's turning up.

The majority of us are all used to that.

Everyone is looking forward to this show, guest's or no guest's.

-Nick

Reaction score

nlindenj said:
friday tommorow, can't wait another week goes by with no new guests, oh sorry there was one a stunt double
CE is gonna rock...with people complaining
yeah like the half a dozen people on here, compared to the 1000's going guest or no guests. There where a tonne of tickets sold, before any guests where even announced. that just prooves what people are really going for. Enjoyment!

-Nick

Reaction score

There where a tonne of tickets sold, before any guests where even announced. that just prooves what people are really going for. Enjoyment!

no it was probably expectation. im looking forward to ce but im not gonna lie or twist the facts, compared to the us shows its gonna suck a55 and rip you off at the same time.
but its still gonna be the best show the uk and probably europe has had for starwars conventions, its giving me the chance to meet a lot of the guys here on rs and most importantly it gets me away from that beedy eyed scumbag i have to call boss for a few days

roll on 13th july

Reaction score

thechosenbun said:
There where a tonne of tickets sold, before any guests where even announced. that just prooves what people are really going for. Enjoyment!

no it was probably expectation. im looking forward to ce but im not gonna lie or twist the facts, compared to the us shows its gonna suck a55 and rip you off at the same time.
but its still gonna be the best show the uk and probably europe has had for starwars conventions, its giving me the chance to meet a lot of the guys here on rs and most importantly it gets me away from that beedy eyed scumbag i have to call boss for a few days

roll on 13th july
Thats true, but a lot of peoples expectation is to enjoy themselves.
I'm not to worried about prices because if they where to expensive, I just wouldn't go.

Still looking forward to this event.

-Nick

Reaction score

Nick, we will enjoy it too, but this is the "Guest Thread" and many of us on this specific thread want to add signatures to our collection. I don't live in Kent, so I booked my tickets when they originally promised many signing guests were going to be at Celebration Europe. It's obvious that you are going for other reason and that you don't collect autographs. That's great, for you; but since this is the guest list thread on signings let us discuss that. Thanks.

Reaction score

Cperry06 said:
Nick, we will enjoy it too, but this is the "Guest Thread" and many of us on this specific thread want to add signatures to our collection. I don't live in Kent, so I booked my tickets when they originally promised many signing guests were going to be at Celebration Europe. It's obvious that you are going for other reason and that you don't collect autographs. That's great, for you; but since this is the guest list thread on signings let us discuss that. Thanks.
You can discuss it, but if too many guests go, there won't be any room for anything else for people to enjoy. I do collect signitures, but like any show I've had to travel/ work & pay for them. Some quite exspensive. Plus a few let downs along the way, which is the way things are unfortunatley. ie guests not turning up at the last minuite etc.

I wish you well, and enjoy the event.

-Nick

Reaction score

we have two weeks to go till this show opens and it's been a joke up to this point. here's a great idea, shuttle in a bunch of unkown and worthless guests, charge three times what they normally do and call it an autograph hall. please, this is turning into a joke. if your a rational human being you can look at the autograph hall this way. it's going to be a massive waiting room, with most of the so called 'celebrities' doing alot of nothing for three days. the problem with the pricing is the fact that everything is more expensive in the uk and a biggie here, two different people (organizers & maki) have a take in the profits.

if your expecting any more big announcments you may be disapointed. the stunt double for liam neeson and anthony daniels are not exactly exciting.

i'm going to the show, maybe for an hour or two, maybe longer, probably not. i have made alternative plans, setting up private signings with other actors throughout london.

this show is a bust. period.

Reaction score

swgrapher72 said:
we have two weeks to go till this show opens and it's been a joke up to this point. here's a great idea, shuttle in a bunch of unkown and worthless guests, charge three times what they normally do and call it an autograph hall. please, this is turning into a joke. if your a rational human being you can look at the autograph hall this way. it's going to be a massive waiting room, with most of the so called 'celebrities' doing alot of nothing for three days. the problem with the pricing is the fact that everything is more expensive in the uk and a biggie here, two different people (organizers & maki) have a take in the profits.

if your expecting any more big announcments you may be disapointed. the stunt double for liam neeson and anthony daniels are not exactly exciting.

i'm going to the show, maybe for an hour or two, maybe longer, probably not. i have made alternative plans, setting up private signings with other actors throughout london.

this show is a bust. period.
Finally, someone who is REALISTIC and has their head screwed on

Reaction score

I'm bummed out, big time! When I originally booked my flight, in October I was thinking this was going to be something special.

It's not. Empire Day or any other show in the UK has better guests than this show

Just as a disclaimer i'm not ripping the entire show, just the guest hall. Personally I could care less what is at the show, other than the signers. And since this is a thread about the signers, it's very weak.

Originally I was told up to 200 guests, then the mess with showmasters then even worse doing anything with Coolwaters.

So here we are two weeks before the show, and we're missing a load of guests, we haven't had any behind the scenes people announced for panels, zero. Are they doing any, like they have C4 and C3 and C2?

With all the former behind the scenes people that live and work in the UK I would think they would be able to put together a pretty impressive list of panels. NOT!

While I'm holding out hope, they will be able to rescue the guest hall with a few good names (none of those have been announced yet, good names that is) then this show for me and many others is a complete bust.

It's pretty embarassing to be honest. This is the best you guys can do? Tim Dry, Sean Crawford, Christine Hewitt, Mike Edmonds, Barrie Holland, Shannon McRandle??? Give me a break.

Reaction score

swgrapher72 said:
It's not. Empire Day or any other show in the UK has better guests than this show

It's pretty embarassing to be honest. This is the best you guys can do? Tim Dry, Sean Crawford, Christine Hewitt, Mike Edmonds, Barrie Holland, Shannon McRandle??? Give me a break.
I've never known any of them shows to be any better, but at least equal, but I can't see who's better than who's been announced. I seriously cannot see 200 guests fitting into CE, more people would complain about the cues surley.

Where on the CE site did it mention 200 guests? I think even Showmasters have had the same guests, plus a few background characters that where pretty cool.

-Nick

Reaction score

Nick

When this event was announced the organizers who were then working with Showmasters were going to put on the greatest show ever. And this one was going to be packed with guests, maybe not 200 but atleast 150 or so.

Instead we are left with rubish and that is thanks to Derek Maki and Coolwaters who has supplied some real gems.

Reaction score

I have to say I agree with those showing concern. We have less than two weeks to the event and even this weeks announcement of Anthony Daniels hasn't really done anything to relieve my fears of a rather disappointing autograph hall. That said, I've not met Anthony before and I don't think £25 is too steep for him - he isn't as common a signer in the UK as some may think, and he is, after all, the only cast member to have dialogue in all 6 movies.

What really disappoints me is when you consider just how many people who have been involved in SW over the years reside in the UK and we have a rather small selection of guests with less than a fortnight to go before the event.

I know that this event is about more than just the guests, but I bought my tickets on the second day of release in anticipation of a great selection of guests as much as anything else.

My main hopes for the show were some form of cinematic screening of all 6 films (at cIV they did them back to back!) and a packed and varied guest hall. It's looking very disappointing on both fronts for me right now.

There will, undoubtedly, be lots of interesting things happening at the show - and that's why I'm still going, but I've managed to wrangle me and the two people I'm going with some tickets to the second night of the proms at the Albert Hall for the Saturday night - and we'll be looking for other things to do should this event turn out to be really disappointing. That's the benefit of it being in London I guess - lots of other things to see and do.

Reaction score

There was a lot of speculation about what CE would be like, most of which did come from the Showmasters camp as many of us had informal chats with Jason about the show. It then became clear Cards inc. were in fact the ones who'd be responsible for the core of the show, and it's slightly unfair to point the finger of doom and gloom at them because they never promised anything that was being touted by others. Of cause it may well have been the case SM were going to be more involved then just the autograph hall, but somewhere along the line things changed and then changed again when they pulled out.

So the jist is we shouldn't have gotten too excited by what has turned out to be mere heresay in the first place.

I've seen the South Hall floor plans, and as a Star Wars fan (emphasis on the term 'fan' there), I'm very excited by what this show has and of cause there'll be plenty more outisde and in the exhibition rooms.

I quite agree this is the guest list thread and is filled with autograph hunters, and it's perfectly fine to express what you think, but when you say 'this show is poo' I think it would be fairer to say 'the autograph hall is poo' because from what I've seen, the show certainly isn't poo!! Personally I'm glad there is more emphasis on other Star Wars aspects because the shift in shows catering for autographs hunters has not been a good one imo.

Reaction score

Collectormania 6 had the best star wars line up ever (followed closely by Collectormania 7)

This show for autograph guests is a shambles. You simply cannot defend how bad it is

Reaction score

mattman81 - what other things are happening? Other than the collector panels, I haven't been able to find any kind of program. Can you give some details on the South Hall plans?

Reaction score

Lee_c00per said:
Collectormania 6 had the best star wars line up ever (followed closely by Collectormania 7)

This show for autograph guests is a shambles. You simply cannot defend how bad it is
It doesn't need defending as it's not an autograph show. It's a show that that's announced that it will have some guests and other entertainment. If you had 200 guests, people will complain there isn't 300 etc etc. I collect autographs my self, and 30 guests would be enough for me.

-Nick

Reaction score

Nick_Macarty said:
swgrapher72 said:

Where on the CE site did it mention 200 guests? plus a few background characters that where pretty cool.
Yes it does seem a little strange theres only 35 guests max. Showmasters promised around 100 I recall and that wouldn't have been difficult for the UK.

I wouldnt go as far as to say Empire Day had the better guests but the guests were cool as you say. The problem now is that we have been spoiled, Empire Days dont book the regular names so it was like dropping by a social club only some of the guys there happen to have worked on Star Wars! No airs or graces, just a relaxed atmosphere to talk and no rules rammed down our throats. Those that havn't met the background actors have read the blogs from those that had and expected similar for CE.

Cards Inc have tried to mimic this trend by booking stunt doubles as their last hand, which isn't the answer. We know what stunt doubles did, its all on the dvds and they dont hang around the studio all day like background actors do so they wouldnt have the same tales and anecdotes. Another Friday has come and gone once again with no news, isnt anyone going to tell us anything? Jeremy?? Barry??

Reaction score

I was told in an e-mail by Barry last week that there would be an announcement on Friday . . . LAST Friday. Here we are again with no announcement. What gives??

Reaction score

You would have been dead by now.

I think Jeremy has high tailed it out of here. He can't possibly come up with any more excuses.

Reaction score

This is quite possibly the worst organised event I have ever seen. For a UK event with so many diverse guests to choose from, we expect better. If there isnt an announcement by next friday I think im going to actually make a formal complaint to Lucasfilm.