Guest List, Part II?

Reaction score
I noticed that the guest list thread was locked, and with no explanation. So, I'm going to say, "take this opportunity to go ahead and continue it here", as I rather liked the previous thread.
News is news.

spaceslug

Sub-Lieutenant
Reaction score
Re: Umm...Guest List, Part II?

i really do hope that the remaining guests (or at least the majority of them) are announced during the first half of this week seeing as it wil take 2 weeks for an order to official pix to arrive. I dont really want to rely on the photos at CE as there probably wont be as good a selection, with different sizes available. I expect that they will be double the price also. And besides, i really do not see what the harm is in announcing the guests that have got contracts signed ASAP, instead of waiting untill Friday which so far seems to be 'announcement' day. Its only logical.

Skylover

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
found that quote in the previous thread :
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The artists were only announced on Starwars.com 2 days ago and already cancelled.

[/QUOTE]

which artist cancelled?! If u mean McQuarrie, he was never announced as a guest
it was the same for C4, prints only

G

McQuarrie was initially included in a list of artists attending CE posted on theforce.net. the post has since been edited to include an explanation that he is not attending.

Skylover said:
The artists were only announced on Starwars.com 2 days ago and already cancelled.

[/QUOTE]

G

Guest lists tread and pannel thread both locked. I have a bad feeling about this...

G

You normally just pay for the autograph and the photo comes free. thats why the price for signing personal items is the same as for signing photos available at the show.not sure about the selections available though.

spaceslug said:
I dont really want to rely on the photos at CE as there probably wont be as good a selection, with different sizes available. I expect that they will be double the price also.

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
Gobo1979uk said:
Guest lists tread and pannel thread both locked. I have a bad feeling about this...
You don't have to, if you read closely the explanations I gave at both those threads. We don't condone at Rebelscum duplicated threads.

If / when in doubt, PM me (or the moderators) first before you start spreading false accusations.

Skylover

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Gobo1979uk said:
McQuarrie was initially included in a list of artists attending CE posted on theforce.net. the post has since been edited to include an explanation that he is not attending.

Skylover said:
[/QUOTE]

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/CE_List_Of_Attending_Artists_For_Celebration_Europe_106943.asp
this news?

the source is starwars.com
TFN probably edited their report cause they misread the sw.com news

Cperry06

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Another weekend passes and no new news on signers. As for putting in an order to Official Pix, perhaps that's why they are waiting? Maybe they want to make the photo money too.

Skylover

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
if they are charging for photos, legaly it would means those photos will be officialy licensed, and then who can produce them if not OPX ?

or maybe Cards Inc got a special photo deal with LFL for CE ?!

so much questions still unanswered

By the way Ive just heard from artist Sarah Wilkinson she isnt comin to CE
... they better have a CE2 soon enough now! please, or Im flying to the US lol

BradP

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
totally off topic for now---my understanding is tat when a thread hits 500 or so they like to lock it and start a new one....

ON TOPIC--- I am really going for the other fans...guests are nice, but I can always send away for autos through a club or something... My guest list is those people I chat to here that I would like to meet when normally I wouldnt just fly over to say Hiya... this is a great chance.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Gobo1979uk said:

Skylover said:
[/QUOTE]

Ralph was never intended as a guest for either C4 or Ce. He is suffering from Parkinson's disease and from what I understand isn't doing well. To expect him to go to a convention with thousands of fans is unfair. We are fortunate that we are getting the 2 prints at CE that differ from those at C4. I would love to meet Ralph but that just isn't possible anymore.

BTW, if you haven't already seen it, check out The Art of Ralph McQuarrie book at CE. I bought it at C4 and am truly amazed by the quality of it it was well worth the money it cost.

Mike

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
damon5973 said:
totally off topic for now---my understanding is tat when a thread hits 500 or so they like to lock it and start a new one....
Exactly. It's been RS policy for years now.

spaceslug

Sub-Lieutenant
Reaction score

That is what i thought and have always found at previous conventions, but i remember reading somewhere that you would have to buy the photos separately.

Cperry06

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score

For the prices we are paying we should get the photo included!

jediknight49

Grand Moff
Reaction score

I agree that we should get the picture included in the price of the signature.

Very poor practice in my opinion

Skylover

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Cperry06 said:
cant agree more, especially at 5£ a 8x10

and I hope we will not have to wait till friday to see new guests announcements

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Skylover said:
Cperry06 said:

Is that how much the photos are going to be? £5 each

nlindenj

Lieutenant Commander
Reaction score

fiver for a pic! even richard turpin would complain this was highway robbery (stand and deliver)

i'm glad i've got my posters
do we know how they are organising the queues yet? i hope a virtual ticket system is being used especially for BDW, i think people just standing in queues is a huge waste of time (becuse there is that much to see and do apart from the autograph hall
)when a perfectly workable system exsists and is easy to use and police

Nick_Macarty

Grand Moff
Reaction score

When I got my last autograph at Excel, you purchase a special ticket for £20. That includes photo and signiture.

And that was for Joe Flanagan from Stargate Atlantis.

-Nick

mousedroid

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score

I was out of town since Thursday and when I got back there were 65 new posts in the old thread and 23 in this one. I was so excited to see what new guests were generating so much buzz.

I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Skylover

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Lee_c00per said:
Skylover said:
Cperry06 said:

Is that how much the photos are going to be? £5 each
sorry, checked the CE web site again and no price is stated. I assumed it would be the same price than autos coupons, like at C4. Hope I was wrong

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score

mousedroid said:
I was out of town since Thursday and when I got back there were 65 new posts in the old thread and 23 in this one. I was so excited to see what new guests were generating so much buzz.

I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
This is where we're supposed to discuss CE's guest list, so I'd say you're in the right place.

JediClare

Sub-Lieutenant
Reaction score

Hi guys
Don't post here often, but lurk a lot

Just got a letter from Andrew Lawson - Qui Gonn stunt double in TPM in the mail today. The letter was dated 20th June. He said that he's signed up for two days at CE, and referred me back to Barry on confirmation of which days they will be.
Andrew seems very fan friendly - he told me to "tell all Jedi friends" of his attendance at CE. Guess at least this proves Barry & co are arranging guests as Jeremy had said earlier.
I know Andrew may not be a major actor in the Star Wars saga, I'm chuffed to be able to meet him at CE. It would be cool if Nick Gillard is there too. He confirmed that he is there signing!!

lordstarwars

Sub-Lieutenant
Reaction score

Nick Gillard would be cool! Didnt he play a Jedi in ROTS?

SirTristram

Emperor
Reaction score

lordstarwars said:
Nick Gillard would be cool! Didnt he play a Jedi in ROTS?
Yes, he did...You see him fight Anakin in the security hologram that Obi-Wan is watches.

redxavier

Admiral
Reaction score

"You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!"

I apologise to everyone here, I didn't think it could get lower than Voice of Wedge... I was wrong.

starwarsgrapher

High Admiral
Reaction score

you were wrong, sorry bro. i'm hoping and praying someone will right the ship in time for the show but at this time the guest list is rotten. i'm sure the rest of the show is going to be great but the guest list (that's for those of you that don't understand what i'm saying so i'll type it twice) is not good.

the stunt double for qui gon gin? oh man, that's about as weak as it gets. i'm guessing he'll be three coupons as well?

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

According to this link. Official Pix will be providing the photos for CE at the cost of £5 each

The link also has Warrick Davis listed as a GOH?

web page

benstevens

High Admiral
Reaction score

Ummm, we won't be there selling photos. Not sure where that site is getting their info. We were asked to be involved, but like Showmasters, could not come to an agreement. Then we were asked to just bring in a headliner (or two), then that fell through.

I'd love to sell photos there but getting any kind of an answer from their coordinators has been slow. If they do ask, we would certainly consider it. Given production time, shipping, etc, we would have to know very soon.

I figure Cards Inc (being a licensee) will print their own photos although I don't know for sure.

-Ben

Reaction score

nlindenj said:
5 tickets no doubt
Yeah, £25.00. Do you not think that an actor who has appeared in all 6 movies and is a pivotal character in the franchise should be that?

Come on man. You KNOW that he would be this if he appeared at LFCC or CM.

mattman81

Sub-Lieutenant
Reaction score

He did attend one of the older LF&CC's but I'm not sure how much he was charging back then. But I got his for free when he did the RotS DVD launch at HMV Oxford Street and made some rude comments about Americans to me. Lovely guy, lol.

nlindenj

Lieutenant Commander
Reaction score

Abstractharmony said:
nlindenj said:
5 tickets no doubt
Yeah, £25.00. Do you not think that an actor who has appeared in all 6 movies and is a pivotal character in the franchise should be that?
Come on man. You KNOW that he would be this if he appeared at LFCC or CM.
i suppose so but with the recent price hikes on other smaller characters, 4 tickets would have been a sort of thank you to the fans, but 5 tickets is what it'll be but remember 'the organisers' read this and if people say 'yeah 5 tickets is fine' then thats what it'll be