Guesses for the Next 12" Jumbo

Reaction score
So... who will be the next Jumbo figure?

Bespin Leia was the most recent... and before her was Stormtrooper Luke... and before him was Jedi card Boba Fett...
and before him was the 2018 PG Exclusive Emperor and 2019 PG Exclusive is Bib Fortuna.

I'm trying to find a pattern and I don't see one.

So with that said, I think the next figure will be Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Ghost) on POTF card with coin.

Reaction score
I thought I read about a scaled up Jabba on the horizon. So I think they may do a few more Jedi palace aliens like Ree Yees and Nikto to go along with him. I hope they do AT-ST driver as he was a favorite of mine as a kid. Also reissue Lando without the painted teeth and white beard Obi-Wan. Lobot, Fu Manchu Bespin Guard, Teebo or Chief Chirpa would be cool. A scaled up Speeder Bike seems do-able, but then I would also want to see them release Luke and Leia with ponchos.

Reaction score
I would say if they want to round out the Bespin characters both Guards would be cool.
True, at least 1 guard would be nice (but which one!?)

BUT, I was thinking GG would choose a more "important" character to keep the sales rolling in.

Dax

Reaction score
I'd love to see them do an exclusive Han in Stormtrooper disguise to be honest. It would be an easy 'repaint' and a strong seller.

I'm not a completist when it comes to this line. Bespin Guards and Lobot were dull figures in the original line, making them 12" tall really does nothing to fix that. I'm not knocking those who love the characters, I myself love some quirky characters, but from a sales perspective, they're just not gonna be great movers. Honestly at this stage, all the big heavy hitters have been done and the only figure remaining that I think would see good sales would be Amanaman due to his unusual design and size.

I'd actually like to see them completely redo the entire line in 6" Mego scale and fix some of their earlier unforgivable errors regarding scale, colour and materials. Then again, I'd almost rather see Hasbro do it because we'd probably get them a bit cheaper and they could keep using the old classic Kenner logo instead of that horrid GG one. Blegh. That scale would also be much more feasible for some items like a Speederbike, Jabba and Tauntaun. Plus, I won't have to purchase another house to fit them all in :)

Reaction score
I'd love to see them do an exclusive Han in Stormtrooper disguise to be honest. It would be an easy 'repaint' and a strong seller.
Agree 100%. Even if not "vintage" it would be a fun addition, especially since GG isn't going to complete the entire line anyway.

Reaction score
I'm not sure they have the rights to make a NON-Kenner vintage figure. I realize they made a prototype Boba Fett (but that is actually a real figure) and they made a Holiday Yoda, but that was just putting a Santa hat on a real Kenner figure. If anyone knows, say something. Han Stormtrooper would be great! But I don't think they have the rights to go outside the originals and create new Kenner-style characters.

Reaction score
Oh I thought of an exclusive they should do in this scale: the old Hoth Survival Kit: backpacks, Luke/Yoda knapsack, masks, guns...

Reaction score
At this point, any figure will be a strong seller! The numbers are so low, only the old jumbo collectors truly care. They won't catch any new buyers, because there is no reasonable way of getting the old important ones... Way too pricey.

They all sell out within a year now, compared to when they sat around 2-3 years. They must produce under 100!

I'm all in for the Fu man chu Bespin Guard or Skiff Lando.

Reaction score
Well prices are going down on some figures from the early days of the line. I saw a small head Han on ebay bidding at about 75. I was going to bid but forgot and when I checked, the price had stayed the same until the end. My point is, it may be possible for late comers to build a good collection at a reasonable price. I had missed several from a few years ago and got them all on ebay and amazon last year for about the original retail. That super sale on the early bird 4 pack would have been a great starting point for someone just discovering these. But I agree the production numbers seem to have gone way down on the jumbos.

Reaction score
What are the production numbers these days vs the early early years? Any info?

Reaction score
Well prices are going down on some figures from the early days of the line. I saw a small head Han on ebay bidding at about 75. I was going to bid but forgot and when I checked, the price had stayed the same until the end. My point is, it may be possible for late comers to build a good collection at a reasonable price. I had missed several from a few years ago and got them all on ebay and amazon last year for about the original retail. That super sale on the early bird 4 pack would have been a great starting point for someone just discovering these. But I agree the production numbers seem to have gone way down on the jumbos.

I am new to the Jumbo 12" line and can confirm it is possible to get a start on a decent collection for close to retail. I am up to 8 figures, being selective about about which ones I want, with the average price including shipping being close to the original retail. You have to patient, selective, and also accepting that the clamshell for the cardback and bubble will rarely be 100% mint.

Reaction score
I thought I read about a scaled up Jabba on the horizon. So I think they may do a few more Jedi palace aliens like Ree Yees and Nikto to go along with him. I hope they do AT-ST driver as he was a favorite of mine as a kid. Also reissue Lando without the painted teeth and white beard Obi-Wan. Lobot, Fu Manchu Bespin Guard, Teebo or Chief Chirpa would be cool. A scaled up Speeder Bike seems do-able, but then I would also want to see them release Luke and Leia with ponchos.
Jabba would be huge and awesome!

Reaction score
I'd like to see them move into the 90's POTF2 line, a jumbo Vader with removable helmet would be awesome. Such great memories of getting him, lots of anticipation to finally get Vader without the helmet. They didn't have the most interesting cards, but it was probably my favorite line. The bounty hunters were nice.