Guavian Enforcer

Reaction score
Got one of these guys last week, and after seeing the film picked up two more. Might buy more if they clearance out since they seem to be peg warming a bit. Despite me not loving the scene they were involved in, they're really cool designs in my opinion, and I wouldn't mind a small squad of these.

Reaction score
These guys looked ace in the movie, quite a bit better than what i was expecting. This was one of several figures i hadn't picked-up because it seemed a bit dismal in general. Now that the movie has woven it's magic, i'm in. Will be glad to get two of these.

Reaction score
I wonder if it weren't for Disney, these guys would be labeled as Guavian Death Gang Member like they're supposed to be called.

Reaction score
I wonder if it weren't for Disney, these guys would be labeled as Guavian Death Gang Member like they're supposed to be called.
Might just be too long. But yeah, a children's toy probably shouldn't have Death Gang on its label. But I can totally buy a member of the Guavian Death Gang being referred to as an Enforcer.

Reaction score
The first one I opened of these guys couldn't move his arms; picked up some more recently, and they can mover their arms. Now just need an older Solo for them to threaten!

JVM

Reaction score
Thought it was a goofy design but after seeing the film and buying the figure I'm really impressed. Think they seem like something bigger than some thug's buddies though.

Reaction score
Thought it was a goofy design but after seeing the film and buying the figure I'm really impressed. Think they seem like something bigger than some thug's buddies though.
I read somewhere that the design was originally intended for one of the main villains (assuming Phasma or Kylo before they developed those characters), but they didn't want to waste the design

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the design was originally intended for one of the main villains (assuming Phasma or Kylo before they developed those characters), but they didn't want to waste the design

The design for the Guavian Enforcer was initially one of the designs for "Jedi Killer", who later turned out to be Kylo Ren

Reaction score
This guy is sort of almost peg warming here. Not that there are tons of the figure, but those few stores in my area that have random figures left usually have at least one or two of this one.

Reaction score
How many were in film like 7 and there leader, I'm in for 4 of these and hopefully 3 SA.

Reaction score
Besides the unusual mask, I wasn't totally convinced that these guys weren't droids or maybe cyborgs. Were there any telltale signs either way?

Reaction score
Besides the unusual mask, I wasn't totally convinced that these guys weren't droids or maybe cyborgs. Were there any telltale signs either way?
Not really, I just assumed they were part of the gang, like how Kanjiclub were all humans. I'd guess cyborgs could be very likely. We didn't see any die in a fantastic explosion or the at least dismembered in a way we could see what's inside them.

Reaction score
Well, since I can't edit my previous post, from Wookiepedia, it says:

The Guavian Death Gang's red-armored foot soldiers were recruited after swearing loyalty to the gang in exchange for a cybernetic augmentation. They were equipped with a mechanical reservoir that acted as a second heart, injecting a secret combination of chemicals into the soldiers' bloodstream, giving them a boost of speed and aggression. They communicated via high frequency data streams transmitted from the central disk in their faceplates. Enforcers were armed with the latest black market technology, such as the Tostovin Munitions percussive cannon.

Reaction score
Besides, i'm sure there's a small army of them somewhere in the SW universe. They look too cool to be a gang of only 6:D

A Black Series figure of the Guavian would do wonders just to show his onscreen costume in all it's glory for collectors, and allow a greater appreciation for just how cool his character-design really is I reckon. The 3.75" base series of all the TFA figures is so sad in the sculpt and paint aspects it ironically makes me wanna love them just for how pathetic they are:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Besides, i'm sure there's a small army of them somewhere in the SW universe. They look too cool to be a gang of only 6:D

A Black Series figure of the Guavian would do wonders just to show his onscreen costume in all it's glory for collectors, and allow a greater appreciation for just how cool his character-design really is I reckon. The 3.75" base series of all the TFA figures is so sad in the sculpt and paint aspects it ironically makes me wanna love them just for how pathetic they are:rolleyes:
You can't possibly be talking about this figure being sad. Out of all the TFA 5 POA figures, I'd put money on this being the best, and that actually is saying something. Yes its 5 POA, but it actually looks very nice, and so far, all of mine have had perfect paint apps.

Reaction score
so far, all of mine have had perfect paint apps.

I don't believe you, it cannot be so, it just cannot be:confused: unless we differ in what we deem "perfect paint apps". Either that or Hasbro is sending all the B-grade stuff to Australia? Here, 99 out of 100 figures i've seen are in sub-par condition technically speaking. Every one of them has obvious misaligned paintwork all over the figure and out-of-place specs and blotches here and there, and many times apparent abrasion/scuff marks, not to mention that the see-through plastic casing many times looks like it barely survived a roller-coaster ride. If what you say is true, then Australia really is the dumping-ground of the world.

You said: "You can't possibly be talking about this figure (Guavian) being sad. Out of all the TFA 5 POA figures, I'd put money on this being the best"

I reckon he's just okay, but nothing to get my jollies over, the two-tone black&red doesn't give me anything to write home about. General Hux is my favorite from a perfectionist point-of-view. The matte gun-metal-black color of his suit and the overall simplicity and classiness of his costume just looks very slick. From an interesting stand-point the TRU Exclusive Poe Dameron is my favorite, i just wish they had included his helmet in the pack as a separate helmet-off item .

Reaction score
Finally picked this guy up. Pretty sweet looking figure. He'd be nicer with some swivel elbows and wrists but all in all pretty nice. I might pick up a second one. We'll see.

Reaction score
I don't believe you, it cannot be so, it just cannot be:confused: unless we differ in what we deem "perfect paint apps". Either that or Hasbro is sending all the B-grade stuff to Australia? Here, 99 out of 100 figures i've seen are in sub-par condition technically speaking. Every one of them has obvious misaligned paintwork all over the figure and out-of-place specs and blotches here and there, and many times apparent abrasion/scuff marks, not to mention that the see-through plastic casing many times looks like it barely survived a roller-coaster ride. If what you say is true, then Australia really is the dumping-ground of the world.

You said: "You can't possibly be talking about this figure (Guavian) being sad. Out of all the TFA 5 POA figures, I'd put money on this being the best"

I reckon he's just okay, but nothing to get my jollies over, the two-tone black&red doesn't give me anything to write home about. General Hux is my favorite from a perfectionist point-of-view. The matte gun-metal-black color of his suit and the overall simplicity and classiness of his costume just looks very slick. From an interesting stand-point the TRU Exclusive Poe Dameron is my favorite, i just wish they had included his helmet in the pack as a separate helmet-off item .

I'll take some pictures and see if the forum will let me psot them this time, but I have no splotches or misaligned apps on the 3 Guavians I've got. I can't speak for all the TFA figures, I mean I have a stormtrooper with a black splotch on the face and an unpainted right knee, but it was a gift, so I kept it since it was my third trooper anyway. I can accept what you mean about Hux, but he's still second best in my own opinion. Despite the general two-tone color shceme, I think the sculpt is the most intricately sculpted and it works with little imperfection here. Although, I have seen more than one person here with a stuck arm joint on the Guavian, so again, I might just have gotten lucky.

Reaction score
I have no splotches or misaligned apps on the 3 Guavians I've got

Following is the 4 Guavians i had to choose from when buying the figure, each with their unique blemishes/imperfections; i'd be interested to find-out which one you would have bought if you were faced with the same limited choice...

1: No imperfections whatsoever on the sculpt, but card and see-through plastic casing in shocking condition.
2: Quite a few obvious dark small blotches on chest area, everything else fine.
3: No blotches anywhere, but the protruding silver pouch on his left leg was of very faint grey color, whereas it's meant to have a more dense solid silverish look to it, and the paint was not completely up to the border of whatever that piece is.
4: Perfect card and see-through plastic casing, and the protruding pouch painted with nice dense metallic color to it, but on his right waist around the side is a 3-by-3 mm blotch of black paint which could almost be mistaken for being an extension to his black belt, but really isn't meant to be there, plus the faintest of two very mild blackish small blotches on his chest area.

Now, obviously i've already purchased him, but tell me which one you would have bought and see if it's the one i actually bought.

Reaction score
Following is the 4 Guavians i had to choose from when buying the figure, each with their unique blemishes/imperfections; i'd be interested to find-out which one you would have bought if you were faced with the same limited choice...

1: No imperfections whatsoever on the sculpt, but card and see-through plastic casing in shocking condition.
3: No blotches anywhere, but the protruding silver pouch on his left leg was of very faint grey color, whereas it's meant to have a more dense solid silverish look to it, and the paint was not completely up to the border of whatever that piece is.
4: Perfect card and see-through plastic casing, and the protruding pouch painted with nice dense metallic color to it, but on his right waist around the side is a 3-by-3 mm blotch of black paint which could almost be mistaken for being an extension to his black belt, but really isn't meant to be there, plus the faintest of two very mild blackish small blotches on his chest area.

Now, obviously i've already purchased him, but tell me which one you would have bought and see if it's the one i actually bought.
Well as someone who opens my figures because I've been into the hobby since I was a kid, I'd pick the first one. Long as the figure was fine, I'd take a dinged up card to get him. I'm not concerned with the after market value, it's something for me to enjoy on a shelf or enjoy light play with my children.

Reaction score
I would love to get this guy if they release an SA version. Does me no good as 5POA in my collection.

Reaction score
Well as someone who opens my figures because I've been into the hobby since I was a kid, I'd pick the first one. Long as the figure was fine, I'd take a dinged up card to get him. I'm not concerned with the after market value, it's something for me to enjoy on a shelf or enjoy light play with my children.

Maybe you might indulge me and care to pick again under the understanding that i'm a MOC collector. I'd still be interested to see if you pick the same one i ended-up purchasing.

Reaction score
Maybe you might indulge me and care to pick again under the understanding that i'm a MOC collector. I'd still be interested to see if you pick the same one i ended-up purchasing.
Well from you're point of view, I'd initially guess the 4th one, but possibly the third one as a gray paint app that should be more silver doesn't sound like the end of the world, and without any other noticeable blotches, and you don't mention the card, it's probably the most well done paint job. .

Reaction score
Well from you're point of view, I'd initially guess the 4th one, but possibly the third one as a gray paint app that should be more silver doesn't sound like the end of the world, and without any other noticeable blotches, and you don't mention the card, it's probably the most well done paint job. .

FYI the card and plastic casing on the third one was all in great condition. But, you were right, I ended-up purchasing the 4th one.

My reasoning for purchasing the 4th (you might be interested to know) was that I deemed the two-tone black&red color of the Guavian figure a bit boring to the naked eye, thus I reasoned that the silver pouch became a stand-out feature of sorts, therefore it needed to be in prime-time condition.

With the 4th, since the black 3-by-3 mm blotch (which funnily enough was a neat square shape) was situated (luckily) right on the border of a section of his black belt, and discretely on the side of his waist, i reasoned (from a pick the best of a bad bunch point-of-view) that it was not so grievous, and the two barely obvious faint black blotches on his chest could pass as meant to be there:)

Reaction score
Awesome figure!I picked him up before the movie came out, not knowing anything about him just cause I liked his look.....pretty much for the same reasons I think Briareos from Appleseed looks cool. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of more..especially if they ever release their leader. I noticed in the visual dictionary...that straight on shot , the helmet unintentionally looks like a light bulb.

Reaction score

Probably would've gone with 3 or 4 as well. I'm not the strictest MOC collector, but the overally quality of the bubble/card has a definite bearing on my decision. Unfortunately, the only FO Snowtrooper I'd seen in the wild had a slightly damaged bubble. i bought it and attempted to fix it at home. Got pretty lucky that it mostly buffed out.

Reaction score
Well, neck post wasn't even close, but here he is side by side with the Cobra Alley Viper.

Reaction score
Finally found an SA body that works well. It's a generic red commando from the Marauder Gun Runner folks!

Just need to add some bits to the shoulders and torso really.

Reaction score
Finally found an SA body that works well. It's a generic red commando from the Marauder Gun Runner folks!

Just need to add some bits to the shoulders and torso really.
Wow. I visited the Marauder site and had the EXACT same thought the other day. Who cares about movie accuracy, that figure looks fantastic!!