Grummgar - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Status - Speculation

Who wants this big boy? Grummgar is Bazine's mate in The Force Awakens at Maz's castle. His an interesting design but I'm not sure how Hasbro would ever do him since his pretty massive. Maybe as an exclusive? Is this a character you'd consider buying?

Reaction score
yes, he's would be a really nice 2-pack with Bazine, he's an instant buy for me!

Reaction score
Absolutely! If you can't tell by my new avatar, I'm a big fan of this guy.

I'll take him in just about any format Hasbro chooses to make him in.

Reaction score
Personally i'd prefer to have a figure of whoever that female is in the shot:grin:, she looks pretty cool. But yeah, i think Hasbro can easily do a figure of Grummgar, i just saw a Black Series Jabba the Hutt yesterday, and it was perfectly sculpted with no shortcomings in the details, so i'm assuming Grummgar won't be too hard for Hasbro to produce either. The Jabba the Hutt figure was $99 here at "David Jones," far too costly in my books. I could take-or-leave Grummgar, but if Hasbro does a nice job of the sculpt (and i mean 'nice'), then i'll buy - it's on you Hasbro.

Reaction score
love a two pack of the two of them. One of the cooler Ali designs for my tastes.

Reaction score
Definitely want Grummgar but have no interest in her. I just find her costume boring. That said, a 2 pack or an exclusive is probably the way it would be released.

Reaction score
I'd love to see both characters made as figures. Grummgar is so large that I don't think he would fit even in a two pack package. Perhaps Hasbro will come to their senses and replace the build a weapon parts with build a figure parts for characters like Grummgar, Snoke and the Hurid droid. Nah... It'll never happen.

Reaction score
Who wants this big boy? Grummgar is Bazine's mate in The Force Awakens at Maz's castle.
Judging from where Bazine's right hand is I think they might be a little more than mates :D

Grummgar would be an interesting choice for a figure - although I'm not sure they manage to get him on a single figure cardback.

I'd buy it!

Reaction score
I'd love to see both characters made as figures. Grummgar is so large that I don't think he would fit even in a two pack package. Perhaps Hasbro will come to their senses and replace the build a weapon parts with build a figure parts for characters like Grummgar, Snoke and the Hurid droid. Nah... It'll never happen.
Aw s***, don't give them any ideas. With as many repacks as they're doing, they might figure out that this way they can force us (no pun intended) to buy figures we don't want or already have by doing something like that. Oh well, guess I might as well clear space for another Zuvio and Resistance Fighter.

Reaction score
I made some Grummgar fan art to show my continued support for the character:

If you make a Grummgar figure, Hasbro, I promise to stop posting this stuff. :grin:

Reaction score
I made some Grummgar fan art to show my continued support for the character:

If you make a Grummgar figure, Hasbro, I promise to stop posting this stuff. :grin:
BB, I think you have to make bad fan art (usually a redundant phrase) to get a company or entity to acquiesce to your demands.

Reaction score
Worried that if they made this guy, he would be too small. Hoping for a two-pack in a vehicle-sized packaging along with Bazine. Would instantly buy if the size was (relatively) proportional/correct.

Reaction score
On his own I probably wouldn't buy, but if Hasbro make a two=pack with his girlfriend in it, then to me that would be worth buying, just for the novelty factor and the cool contrasting appearance between the costumes of these two, this would make it worth having from a collectors stand-point. If they didn't look so unique i wouldn't buy, especially because their role in TFA was minuscule to say the least. For some reason I doubt that a figure for these two will be made though.

Reaction score
They should do what they did a few years ago for the Phase 3 Dark Trooper and make him a Build-A-Figure with another Maz Katana alien as an exclusive

Reaction score
I've wanted this guy since we first saw him in the group shot. He is my # one want from the movie

Reaction score
If Hasbro can make Ephant Mon and other thick characters from Jabba's palace, then this guy should be no problem!
None of those figures would be made under Hasbro's new leadership. Ephant and Hermi were released at a time when Hasbro actually seemed to care about creating figures that appealed to collectors. As much as I would like to see a Grummgar figure released, I think the odds are against it happening.

Reaction score
None of those figures would be made under Hasbro's new leadership. Ephant and Hermi were released at a time when Hasbro actually seemed to care about creating figures that appealed to collectors. As much as I would like to see a Grummgar figure released, I think the odds are against it happening.
I agree, as a basic figure: no chance. But in a two pack with a really small 2nd figure? I think that is possible.

Reaction score
Why not just sell this guy in the assortment for mid size vehicles like the Snowpseeder and Rey's Speeder? It could be this guy and his girlfriend along with the chair they set in.

Reaction score
I don't think we'll see him made either. I hope so, but doubt it. Especially when they have a new Star Wars movie to focus on each year. The emphasis will be on main characters and troopers. They won't have 3 years or so to focus on a movie's background characters anymore.

Reaction score
In the past, the avenue to get Grummgar (and Bezine, they would need to be a two-pack like Muftak and Kabe) would have been as a store exclusive. Would have fit the footprint of something like the Kmart Ewok Catapult from a few years back, for instance.

But as mentioned, we don't have time for something like that now. This years exclusives should all be "Rogue One" related.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the big downside of this current "hectic" movie schedule for Star Wars: we're not going to get three years for Hasbro to focus on one movie before the big push for the next film. Hasbro will focus on one movie for a few months, then move on to the next big film release.

From a toy collecting point of view, it's kind of a bummer. I will admit that we got some pretty obscure character choices for TFA prior to the film's release, but those are the same figures that don't seem to be selling through now that the film has been out for a couple of months. Plus, once you factor in the Constable Zuvio and Sarko Plank SNAFUs, I start to wonder just how Hasbro is going to handle things for Rogue One, Episode 8 and beyond.

It seems like Hasbro's TFA marketing strategy was to use all of the secrecy surrounding the plot in order to sell figures. Since those of us who were trying to remain spoiler free really had no idea which character was going to play which role in the movie, we were more likely to just buy everything and sort it all out after December 19th. However, that's really not to going to work more than once or twice before people eventually wise up and start waiting to see the movie first. Especially once franchise fatigue sets in and the idea of a new Star Wars movie coming out fails to get people excited. Once people slip into the inevitable "please just stop already and let it die" mode, when a new Star Wars movie is announced, it's possible that the 3.75" toy line could disappear completely and we'd just end up with some token role-playing toys and a few half-hearted attempts at new play pattern concepts (like Hero-Mashers or those stupid cube things) for each new film release.

And that's my rather bleak outlook on the future of Star Wars toy collecting. I still want Grummgar made, though.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the big downside of this current "hectic" movie schedule for Star Wars: we're not going to get three years for Hasbro to focus on one movie before the big push for the next film. Hasbro will focus on one movie for a few months, then move on to the next big film release.

From a toy collecting point of view, it's kind of a bummer. I will admit that we got some pretty obscure character choices for TFA prior to the film's release, but those are the same figures that don't seem to be selling through now that the film has been out for a couple of months. Plus, once you factor in the Constable Zuvio and Sarko Plank SNAFUs, I start to wonder just how Hasbro is going to handle things for Rogue One, Episode 8 and beyond.

It seems like Hasbro's TFA marketing strategy was to use all of the secrecy surrounding the plot in order to sell figures. Since those of us who were trying to remain spoiler free really had no idea which character was going to play which role in the movie, we were more likely to just buy everything and sort it all out after December 19th. However, that's really not to going to work more than once or twice before people eventually wise up and start waiting to see the movie first. Especially once franchise fatigue sets in and the idea of a new Star Wars movie coming out fails to get people excited. Once people slip into the inevitable "please just stop already and let it die" mode, when a new Star Wars movie is announced, it's possible that the 3.75" toy line could disappear completely and we'd just end up with some token role-playing toys and a few half-hearted attempts at new play pattern concepts (like Hero-Mashers or those stupid cube things) for each new film release.

And that's my rather bleak outlook on the future of Star Wars toy collecting. I still want Grummgar made, though.

I know it's repeated on here a lot, but I don't see the 3.75" line dying. I just don't see it happening in the near future, and especially not within the next 5 films that come out.

Reaction score

couldnt agree more. Disney and Hasbro will kill Star Wars collecting

Reaction score
He'd make a cool figure, but the chances are pretty slim for a release outside of maybe a fan's choice poll. The 3.75 basic line isn't going anywhere, but we shouldn't expect most background characters being released anymore. We were spoiled with some of the obscure OT action figures, I fear those days are gone though.

Reaction score
I just kinda of wish that the aliens we got in the line actually appeared in the movie. I know scenes got cut and stuff, but I find it to be kind of strange how the scenes that were cut featured Goss Toowers and Constable Zuvio. I've seen the movie three times and never saw either of them. I did see Sarco out of focus briefly, but I feel like Hasbro used to prioritize background characters that were pretty easy to spot on a second viewing and would do the out of focus dudes further down the road.

Reaction score
Don't quote me but I think you can see Goss Toowers working on an x-wing at the resistance base.

Reaction score
Think of the characters they could've focused on instead of Zuvio, Sarco, Goss, and PZ.
I mean, I think they're cool (except Zuvio), but we could've had Unkar much earlier on, maybe a Lor San Tekka, or any other aliens we saw on Jakku that actually had screen time.

Reaction score
A real strength of Star Wars action figures has been the diverse cast of cool aliens and background characters we care about. Batman, Indiana Jones, very few of these other big summer movies have a wide variety of interesting toys regardless of how good the movies are--and Raiders was arguably the best Lucas movie ever.

As for the figures we do have, masked aliens with non-removable helmets or veils is a killer. It greatly limits customizing options. Zuvio with a separate helmet, detachable scarf from his face changes the character. Same with Asty and even the human pilot Snap Wesley.

Would love to have more background characters from Jakku and Maz's castle. Wonderful possibilities there. The big guys are the biggest challenges as Hasbro has not given us beasts or deluxe figures in quite a while. Many of the more interesting designs fit into these categories.

Reaction score
The biggest obstacle for this guy is his size. I think he's actually one of the cool looking Aliens in the films (most don't Appeal to me), but he it seems that he'd Need to be the size of at least Hermi Odle. Size is probably the main Thing that will hold Hasbro back on this guy.

It's also possible that Hasbro is looking at both the Long term and the short term. Short term, they don't have the time. Long term, if they Keep the license after 2020, they can always go back to Maz'Castle for figure, like they've been doing with the cantina and Jabba's Palace.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I think they're cool (except Zuvio), but we could've had Unkar much earlier on, maybe a Lor San Tekka, or any other aliens we saw on Jakku that actually had screen time.
Zoo-zoo-zoo zoo Zoooovio!
Croons better than Julio,
Way hotter than Fabio,
Out rocks Ronnie James Dio,
it's, Zoo-zoo-zoo zoo Zoooovio!

You want 3 of him (and a 4th for a Ren Knight victim)!