Growing Up In A Galaxy Far Far Away by Eric Walker

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, check out this letter from Eric Walker, the actor who played Mace Towani in The Ewok Adventure. I'd love to see this book come to fruition.

About this project:

Hi, I‘m Eric Walker. I look forward to sharing what it was like to be a teenager in the role of a life time; from audition to screen test, to being directed by George Lucas, in this personal memoir, "Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch".

“Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch” will chronicle my adventures in the Star Wars universe playing the leading role of Mace Towani in George Lucas’ “Star Wars” spin off movie "The Ewok Adventure" and "Ewoks: The Battle for Endor".

Most people think GL did not direct until Episode 1 in the late 90's, but I have proof that he did and I’m excited to finally have the opportunity to share this amazing experience. Yes, GL directed the Re-shoots of "The Ewok Adventure", because credited Director John Korty had a prior commitment and could not be there. It was truly an honor to have worked with George Lucas in person.

In “Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch” I will also share what went on behind the scenes, including a tour of the Skywalker Ranch and Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) at the time, and some of my personal conversations with GL himself. This project is part of Star Wars and our History and deserves to be told. Help me fund my book and you will get some great collectible rewards from the Star Wars universe that no one has!

May The Force Be With Us!

Eric Walker

Click here to help!

Reaction score
Re: Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch by Eric Walker

Unfortunately I don't have the funds at the moment, otherwise I'd help out. I hope this book gets off the ground though!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

There's only a few days left on this particular project, but I'm talking with Eric about trying to get it posted again so we can properly advertise it and get the word out.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Project has just been restarted so we could get the word out more properly. 70 days to get it done!

Reaction score

Nice! Hopefully I'll now have the time to get some funds together. The Ewok films hold a special place in my fandom.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

16 Backers

$1,360 pledged of $4,000 goal

68 days to go

Reaction score

I just saw that! Way to go guys!

Reaction score

Got my pledge in! The $75 level is a great bargain.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Darth_Engelhast said:
I invested. Hope Eric meets his goal.
Great to hear! I think he'll get it. It's too cool of an idea for a book to not be released.

Reaction score

Just submitted my $200 pledge.

May the Force be with you on your quest, Eric.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

JustinL said:
Just submitted my $200 pledge.

May the Force be with you on your quest, Eric.
Sweet, that puts the book at 82% funded!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

The project is officially a go! 102% funded right now.

FYI, any additional funds collected from here on out will go towards making the book even bigger and better along with some money going towards charities. So, if you still want to get your hands on all the cool collectibles being offered, keep on pledging. There's still 35 days to go!

Reaction score

Just four more days to go. Come on guys...if you have haven’t backed this project yet there is not much time left. Eric has met his goal but he just needs a little more to hit the 5K mark. Every little bit helps him put out a better product.

Reaction score

I donated some money too, I really can't wait to read this book.

Reaction score
I remember seeing that in the 80s. I clearly remember Wikkit the ewok saying "Space Cwussa, Cwashh". And this girl with way-too-curly hair. More importantly, I remember my whole family in the darkened living room watching it all the way through from beginning to end.

Reaction score
Latest Kickstarter update by Eric Walker sent to the project backers:

"I recently got an excited email from one of the backers and I wanted to give everyone an update. The book is in the final review with the editor so it has taken slightly longer than I would have liked. Yet, we are still moving farther along and it is turning out better than I had hoped. It is truly turning into a real behind the scenes story and includes a day by day breakdown which includes the dates we filmed most of the scenes and what went down each day. Just like any movie making experience stuff happens that is magical and sometimes drama filled.

Should it take longer for the book to come back from the editor and the small publishing run and we are not able to get out by the Xmas holidays. I have decided to release some of the extras like the Making of DVD, the behind the scenes pictures including a digital copy of the book via electronic delivery on the internet so everyone will have something to enjoy for the holiday until the book is able to be shipped with the extras. I will keep everyone posted and Thanks Eddie for your excitement!"

Reaction score
Latest Kickstarter update by Eric Walker sent to the project backers:

"I recently got an excited email from one of the backers and I wanted to give everyone an update. The book is in the final review with the editor so it has taken slightly longer than I would have liked. Yet, we are still moving farther along and it is turning out better than I had hoped. It is truly turning into a real behind the scenes story and includes a day by day breakdown which includes the dates we filmed most of the scenes and what went down each day. Just like any movie making experience stuff happens that is magical and sometimes drama filled.

Should it take longer for the book to come back from the editor and the small publishing run and we are not able to get out by the Xmas holidays. I have decided to release some of the extras like the Making of DVD, the behind the scenes pictures including a digital copy of the book via electronic delivery on the internet so everyone will have something to enjoy for the holiday until the book is able to be shipped with the extras. I will keep everyone posted and Thanks Eddie for your excitement!"

I just got an email with a download of a preview of the DVD from Eric. Downloading now.

Reaction score
Any other backers download this yet? Some GREAT behind the scenes pics mostly from the first Ewok movie. I hope Eric has some more stuff from Battle For Endor saved up for us. I now he was not on the set long for that one but he was around long enough to possibly get some great shots of the marauders.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For those that missed the latest update released on the March episode of Jedi Journals:

The book Growing Up On Skywalker Ranch has had a title change. It's now called Growing Up In A Galaxy Far Far Away.

It will be released to backers with all the extras on April 27th.

From March 2nd - April 6th, Eric will give fans an opportunity to bid again on his
official website to get all the extras offered on the Kickstarter.com project due to popular demand. It will give collectors one last chance to get the behind the scenes DVD and CD of pictures from the set. All the money collected from this will go to charity.

The official book release date will be on "May the 4th be with you" on Eric's website: ericwalker.net and official retailers such as Amazon & Barnes and Noble.

Reaction score
From March 2nd - April 6th, Eric will give fans an opportunity to bid again on his official website to get all the extras offered on the Kickstarter.com project due to popular demand. It will give collectors one last chance to get the behind the scenes DVD and CD of pictures from the set. All the money collected from this will go to charity.
I don't see where this is available on his site...

Reaction score
I don't see how Eric can deliver on the $200 award of publishing those folks name in the book and have it published and out the door at the end of April.

I'm glad the book is finally getting released. I was actually wondering last night what was going on with it.

I wonder if the Lucas Camp through a roadblock in front of the original title for some reason.

Reaction score
I don't see how Eric can deliver on the $200 award of publishing those folks name in the book and have it published and out the door at the end of April.
this is how...

[h=1]Project Update #7: BOOK FINAL UPDATE! [/h]Yesterday I got the books from the self publisher. Good News is I LOVED the cover but there is problems with quite a few of the pages and how they printed them. So they are going back in the mail today to them and I have to push the release date back at least a month. To be safe I am setting it for June19th in case there are any more problems. Other Good News is I am now getting a discount so the money that is being credited is going to Charity.
For Fun I would like all the backers this time to submit a charity for consideration. I will post them on my website ericwalker.net and we can do a poll. The winning charity will receive the extra cash. Also in case you have not heard, I have reopened the extras and pledging on my site using paypal. This was because there were a lot of people who missed this kickstarter project and emailed me asking if it could be done, so your wish has happened. So go over to my website and click the banner if you still want to be a part of it. I will close it at the end of May so there is still a lot of time to become a part of it, so if you have friends that missed this opportunity, spread the word!
O.M.
Eric