Growing Up In A Galaxy Far Far Away by Eric Walker

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, check out this letter from Eric Walker, the actor who played Mace Towani in The Ewok Adventure. I'd love to see this book come to fruition.

About this project:

Hi, I‘m Eric Walker. I look forward to sharing what it was like to be a teenager in the role of a life time; from audition to screen test, to being directed by George Lucas, in this personal memoir, "Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch".

“Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch” will chronicle my adventures in the Star Wars universe playing the leading role of Mace Towani in George Lucas’ “Star Wars” spin off movie "The Ewok Adventure" and "Ewoks: The Battle for Endor".

Most people think GL did not direct until Episode 1 in the late 90's, but I have proof that he did and I’m excited to finally have the opportunity to share this amazing experience. Yes, GL directed the Re-shoots of "The Ewok Adventure", because credited Director John Korty had a prior commitment and could not be there. It was truly an honor to have worked with George Lucas in person.

In “Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch” I will also share what went on behind the scenes, including a tour of the Skywalker Ranch and Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) at the time, and some of my personal conversations with GL himself. This project is part of Star Wars and our History and deserves to be told. Help me fund my book and you will get some great collectible rewards from the Star Wars universe that no one has!

May The Force Be With Us!

Eric Walker

Click here to help!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Growing Up on Skywalker Ranch by Eric Walker

Project has just been restarted so we could get the word out more properly. 70 days to get it done!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

16 Backers

$1,360 pledged of $4,000 goal

68 days to go

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Alright! 50% funded with 55 days to go!
cool.gif

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Some big pledges this afternoon making it 82% funded.
smile.gif

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

The project is officially a go! 102% funded right now.

FYI, any additional funds collected from here on out will go towards making the book even bigger and better along with some money going towards charities. So, if you still want to get your hands on all the cool collectibles being offered, keep on pledging. There's still 35 days to go!

Reaction score

Sweet, this should be pretty cool. Now with any luck the Lars Homested Watch Project will make it. It's almost there.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For those that missed the latest update released on the March episode of Jedi Journals:

The book Growing Up On Skywalker Ranch has had a title change. It's now called Growing Up In A Galaxy Far Far Away.

It will be released to backers with all the extras on April 27th.

From March 2nd - April 6th, Eric will give fans an opportunity to bid again on his official website to get all the extras offered on the Kickstarter.com project due to popular demand. It will give collectors one last chance to get the behind the scenes DVD and CD of pictures from the set. All the money collected from this will go to charity.

The official book release date will be on "May the 4th be with you" on Eric's website: ericwalker.net and official retailers such as Amazon & Barnes and Noble.

Reaction score
I received my digital copy( very cool by the way ) but no sign of the hard copy yet. Anyone get theirs?

Nope, no yet. I also received the digital copy though... I quickly browsed through it, but want to look more thoroughly through it when I have the book itself...

Reaction score
I backed this project at $50. Mr. Eric Walker asked for my shipping address in late July. I still haven't received anything, nada, no souvenirs, not even the digital copy of the book. Since others have received their stuff weeks ago, should I assume I'm not getting anything now? :(

Reaction score
The only thing I've received is the digital copy of the book. Nothing has shown up in the mail yet. I'm hoping soon though.

Reaction score
I received my copy of this today. It came with a CD of photos, a signed 8x10 and a signed book. It looks pretty cool. Although when the postman brought it to the door it had insufficient postage so I have to come up with $1.17 to cover it. Kind of funny. Im glad it's finally here.

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, and I have to say, I'm quite disappointed.

I went in for the $75 level. I got the book, DVD, CD, and 8x10 photo. There was NO patch; according to the Kickstarter page, there should have been a patch for anyone over the $11 mark. What's more, everything was stuffed into a SOFT bubble mailer, barely larger than the 8x10 photo. Thus, in transit, the photo got completely crushed and warped around the book. There was NOTHING protecting the photo. Seriously, for $75, he couldn't have at least sprung for a simple box?

I haven't even started reading the book or looking through the digital stuff, but at this point, I don't think I'm even interested. My whole set is hereby for sale for $75 - just looking to get out what I put into it.

Reaction score
I feel your pain, I sprung for the $200 level and it sounds like the only difference is my name in the book. All the other stuff is the same. Mine wasn't as mangled but the photo had a couple of creases and the book was dinged up.

Reaction score
Inferior, did you get a patch? I'm going to email Eric Walker and see if he can send me a replacement photo.

Reaction score
Eric responded to me, he says he'll send out another photo. He also said the patch offer was cancelled. It's a shame that he can't update the Kickstarter page to reflect that.

Reaction score
So, despite numerous emails, I only got one response from Eric Walker, and even though he promised to send out a replacement autographed photo, I never got one. I'm really quite fed up.

I'll sell my complete set of stuff that I got from this kickstarter (at the $75 level), including the mangled 8x10 that's autographed to me, and I'll pack it much better than Eric packed it!

$50 shipped. Just message me or email jadbean AT gmail DOT com. Thanks!

Reaction score
Wow, after all this time I can't believe he couldn't just scribble another signature and get it to you. Sorry to hear that.

Reaction score
Resurrecting this ancient thread...
I was reminded of this project that I backed while browsing Kickstarter recently. I happened to look at my old Kickstarter messages and found the one from Eric asking for my shipping address. I said to myself, wait I dont remember ever getting any shipment. I don't seem to have the book or DVD or CD in my collection either so I am almost certain I didnt get a shipment. Did anyone ever get the bonus items and physical copy of the book? I honestly dont remember receiving anything besides the digital copy, which was emailed to me. And then time passed and I completely forgot I was even owed anything. I see I even posted about this same issue in this thread way back in 2012 and then clearly I forgot to follow up. 🤦

Reaction score
Holy mackerel - this was a decade ago, even if you didn't receive something, the time to ask has probably come and gone. You can reach him via his website though, "allforscifi", I know he's friends with the new Rebelscum owners, as I saw a video they posted with him. He might even be here on the forums, who knows?

I'm curious to know what the DVD was - did it have behind the scenes footage from the Ewok movies? I know he's mentioned wanting to release that to Disney, but I've only seen a few tidbits on youtube. I love those movies myself, so it would be cool to see that content made more widely available.