Grievous vs Shaak Ti Diorama

Reaction score
I believe it is from the Genndy clone wars cartoon. Shaak Ti was one of the only survivors.

$350 is pretty steep. But man Grevious looks the b@11s!!!!!!!!

I still wonder how it would look with just him,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Grievous looks fantastic! Shaak..........not so much unfortunately. I think she'd look better if they'd fix her face and that neck joint though. No way i'm paying $350 either, i'll just pick it up later on the secondary market if i can find it for a good price.
I agree. Grievous and the base are stunning, on the other hand, Shaak Ti looks pretty bad. I can live with the pose but that neck gap and facial expression make her look like a cheap Hasbro figure

Reaction score
I agree. Grievous and the base are stunning, on the other hand, Shaak Ti looks pretty bad. I can live with the pose but that neck gap and facial expression make her look like a cheap Hasbro figure

Hasbro's a little harsh. But, I agree Shaak is lacking.

Reaction score
zowie...I had hoped for $299 or less on this - looks like the manufacturing on this ran more than normal. The General looks amazing...which has me flip-flopping on this! Shaak needed to at least have her mouth open rather than the near non-expression on her face. What I'm curious about is how this will fall in their current release schedule. Right now if it's anywhere around October then I won't be able to do that.

Is it me or does this one seem like it'll stick around and not immediately sell out? Which I'm hoping for so I can pick it up later :D

Reaction score
this will be available for a long, long time.

to me this is a complete ripoff and is another example of how lazy SS has become with this line.

Reaction score
Really surprised that there's no exclusive headsculpt for Shaak-Ti. That seam at the neck is glaring so it seemed to support the theory that there would be a switch-out head. Don't understand how Sideshow could've thought a) that the expression of the face was OK and b) that that obvious gap in the neck was acceptable on a $350.00 dio.

Reaction score
Really surprised that there's no exclusive headsculpt for Shaak-Ti. That seam at the neck is glaring so it seemed to support the theory that there would be a switch-out head. Don't understand how Sideshow could've thought a) that the expression of the face was OK and b) that that obvious gap in the neck was acceptable on a $350.00 dio.

Those are the only things keeping me from ordering. Other then that it's perfect.

Reaction score
So according to the item description this is based off the Battle of Hypori, Grievous's first appearance in the old Genndy clone wars series. For those of you that don't remember that was back in the good old days........when Grievous was actually feared and dangerous. LOL!

Well at least he curbstomped a bunch of Nightsister zombies last season in the new series. Maybe he's slowly working his way up to being a jedi killer again.....

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame because his character was really cool conceptually and his design is fantastic. Unfortunately for me, ROTS ruined the character due to depicting him as sickly and cowardly, so it's unlikely I'd add even the 1:6 version to my collection (once released, I mean). Just might add a Magnadroid, though. Really like their design even though they got killed off so easily in ROTS. Don't know why Lucas likes doing that to us so much. :'(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not me, I love Grevious in both the animated series and in ROTS. One of my favorites. I like that he's not only a bad *** but also calculating and cunning. There's enough strait out bad ***'s in the saga, Vader, Maul, Palpatine, Jango etc. He's a fresh villian in an evil galaxy. And his design, top noch! It's hard to beat it. Like all great Star Wars baddies, he surved his purpose.:grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, that's true and there's definitely solid reasons for liking his character. I do love the design, his cape, the eyes being visible behind his mask and the concept of him using his defeated opponents' lightsabres -- that is super bad***. Always really liked that they did that for both him and Anakin/Vader in ROTS as we had gotten so used to red for evil characters and blue/green for good. Was nice to see that convention turned on its head.

Who knows, maybe once I see the pre-order for this I won't be able to help myself and I'll have to order. It's possible but we'll see.

Reaction score
Cheapest I've found this in the UK so far is £275.00..., I've got too much on my want list to be straying from my trooper focus with this one though!!! :\

Reaction score
Sideshow don't seem to be showing this off at SDDC and no new diorama's unveiled either. :(

Reaction score
Yep, Grievous looks awesome and I love the base, but I wish Shaak Ti had more emotion on her face.
After seeing Shaak Ti's face on the PF statue I decided to give this diorama another look & I still feel the same about it..., her face doesn't look right to me, not sure what look they were going for, maybe calm in the face of pressure but it's not the best facial expression & she almost looks vacant i.e. consigned to her fate..., real shame because the PF statue gave me pause to reconsider this piece. :(

Reaction score
After seeing Shaak Ti's face on the PF statue I decided to give this diorama another look & I still feel the same about it..., her face doesn't look right to me, not sure what look they were going for, maybe calm in the face of pressure but it's not the best facial expression & she almost looks vacant i.e. consigned to her fate..., real shame because the PF statue gave me pause to reconsider this piece. :(
Exact reason I did a double take on this piece. :D I love everything about it except her facial expression. Vacant is a good word to describe it.

Reaction score
Exact reason I did a double take on this piece. :D I love everything about it except her facial expression. Vacant is a good word to describe it.
I haven't bought any Star Wars dioramas as yet..., been regretting not buying the Boba Fett with Han in carbonite & now that's quite expensive to get hold of SO I thought this might be a good one to get whilst at the retail price but Shaak Ti is definitely putting me off, it's a real shame as the PF statue wasn't really of interest to me when I heard about it but having seen it I'm definitely wanting to buy that now & the face on that statue is superb (along with the rest of her). :)

Reaction score
I haven't bought any Star Wars dioramas as yet..., been regretting not buying the Boba Fett with Han in carbonite & now that's quite expensive to get hold of SO I thought this might be a good one to get whilst at the retail price but Shaak Ti is definitely putting me off, it's a real shame as the PF statue wasn't really of interest to me when I heard about it but having seen it I'm definitely wanting to buy that now & the face on that statue is superb (along with the rest of her). :)
What sort of prices are you seeing the Boba Fett with Han in carbonite for at the moment? That Shaak Ti PF certainly have a fantasy shape to it I must say. :D

Reaction score
What sort of prices are you seeing the Boba Fett with Han in carbonite for at the moment? That Shaak Ti PF certainly have a fantasy shape to it I must say. :D
Well when I was keeping an eye out for that diorama it was around the £250.00 mark (plus P&P)..., the only one coming up that I can see at the moment is £236.00 but it's in Australia so they want £99.00 for delivery. :(

Reaction score
& the face on that statue is superb (along with the rest of her). :)
That's the truth!;)

You won't be disappointed by SS dios, there all SUBURB. I'm surprised that more people aren't into these. They must have never seen them in person.

Reaction score
That's the truth!;)

You won't be disappointed by SS dios, there all SUBURB. I'm surprised that more people aren't into these. They must have never seen them in person.
That is probably true..., I certainly can't recall if I've actually seen one of the dioramas in person. :\

Reaction score
Well when I was keeping an eye out for that diorama it was around the £250.00 mark (plus P&P)..., the only one coming up that I can see at the moment is £236.00 but it's in Australia so they want £99.00 for delivery. :(
Ouch! I have noticed shipping from Australia seems even steeper than getting something from the US. I paid £260 with free shipping off Amazon for mine, it's a great piece if you get the chance to pick it up though. :)

Reaction score
Ouch! I have noticed shipping from Australia seems even steeper than getting something from the US. I paid £260 with free shipping off Amazon for mine, it's a great piece if you get the chance to pick it up though. :)
I shall be making a point to keep an eye out for that diorama again now..., it's definitely number one for me as far as dioramas go. :)

Reaction score
Bronze is out. Limited to a mere 25 units. From a design perspective this piece just rocks: Cyborg vs. FemAlien
Ordered.

Reaction score
i much prefer the fb version. but this is way overpriced in my opinion and I have way too much other stuff coming.

congrats on getting something so limited. I would love to see in hand pics when it arrives.

Do you have the coloured version as well?

Reaction score
I do not have the colored version. The only other piece in this series I own is the faux-bronze version of the Episode IV Obi-wan vs. Vader duel. A piece so classy it resides on top of my piano in the living room and represents the only SW collectible that's ever escaped from my home office (where all the other SW stuff has been confined.)

Still not sure if I'll even open this one up yet. I'll need to find somewhere to display it first. But if I do, I'll post a few pixs.

Reaction score
cool.

I kind of went overboard with this line and have finally come to terms with not being a completist. I own every single one of them (including the fb versions) except for this one (and I am looking for the fb yoda vs sidious).

I tried to have some of my statues creep up from the basement, but my wife quickly put me in my place : )

congrats again on a cool addition to your collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I let this rare piece sit in the box for 4 months and decided it was time...

And that's my Nexu, "Orpheus." ;)