grey tab han solo endor raid?

Reaction score
i was reading on the front page of 'scum today about the ROTS rebel vs. empire battle pack set and this is what it stated about the han solo figure that is included:

"Han Solo is the grey-tabbed version of 2002's SAGA Han Solo (Endor Raid) 02-37. This time around he does not come with the grenades".

what exactly does the term "grey tab" mean. is this some kind of variant i was not aware of?

Reaction score
On his belt is a droid caller (I believe that is what it is called) this is the tab the article refers to.

When the figure was released this "tab" came in white and grey.

I can't remember which way round they were released - possibly white first.

There is no mention of it in the RS photo archive Saga Han Endor but the tab can be seen on the left hand side of the belt.

edit for link

GNT

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the figure with the white and grey tabs, the end figure is the one that comes in the set.

Reaction score
The droid caller/tab is what activates the quick-draw action feature, by the way.

Alex

Reaction score
Meh, they should've used Cantina Han in this pack. At least it would've been better than the ol' crick-in-the-neck Han.

GNT

Reaction score
Philip_Marlowe said:
Meh, they should've used Cantina Han in this pack. At least it would've been better than the ol' crick-in-the-neck Han.
I'm glad your joking Marlowe or else we would've had to break your fingers for bringing that to Hasbro's attention

Reaction score
Wow, that is the first time I heard of that variation. I will have to check to see which one mine is. After three years, I didn't even know...

Reaction score
Come on guys I think you're being a bit harsh..

It only looks "dumb" when you try & pose him to stand with his waist & head turned to line up with his legs & face completely forward which isn't obviously what it was sculpted to do. Yeah he looks like he's been hit by a car posed that way, but in his blaster drawn & ready pose, he looks very cool - very similar to the cardback photo for VOTC Han Solo. I know each are from different films but it doesn't get much more iconic than that if they've sculpted him to look like that pic. Plus, the headsculpt is an excellent likeness of Harrison Ford - if they modelled an SA version from this guy, he'd blow the VTSC Endor Han out of the water 4 sho.

I'm not usually big on pre-posed figures, but I love this version of ROTJ Han, I have him pointing his blaster at a VTSC Biker Scout with his hands up & looking over his shoulder - love it!

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the figure with the white and grey tabs, the end figure is the one that comes in the set.

I have like two or three of this figure and I believe that Hasbro did great on them so as to hide the gimmick figures like this came with. If you perhaps re-paint the tab to better resemble the commlink on his belt, then it would be a somewhat better convincing figure. Imagine trying to seat him in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon despite the way his arms are positioned - I know I have. It probably works better that way without Chewbacca, Leia, Luke, Ben Kenobi or Threepio.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had no idea that was a droid caller. You learn something new everyday.
I always thought it was comlink, but a droid caller might be some standard issue piece, particularly when put you need an extra set of hands to work on the Falcon. Just don't forget to put on the restraining bolt as well. :)