Green Leader's A-Wing with Arvel Crynyd

GNT

Reaction score
Re: A-Wing Green Leader with Arvel Crynyd

Since this thread is nearing the end please carry on in the newly started 2nd thread.

GNT

Reaction score
Green Leader\'s A-Wing with Arvel Crynyd v2

Since the first thread is nearing the end, I thought we'd get a 2nd thread up and running.

Who's picked this one up? Discuss all things related to the new A-Wing and the Arvel Crynyd figure.

Reaction score
Re: Green Leader\'s A-Wing with Arvel Crynyd v2

I am still waiting for this to make it's way up to Canada. I was able to pick up the Republic Gunship that was a Walmart exclusive but I still have yet to see the A-Wing.

How much is it going for in the US?

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the new A-Wing's battery hatch is removable like the POTF2 is?

Reaction score

Nope. It's solid.
I'm thinking about changing that, though. I want to add in some LEDs in the cockpit and engines soon...

Reaction score

aackbar01 said:
Nope. It's solid.
I'm thinking about changing that, though. I want to add in some LEDs in the cockpit and engines soon...
Great ideas. Please post pics when you're done, love to see it.

Reaction score

anyone able to to make a mold of this guys head/helmet? Don't really want the ship and the prices for this guy on ebay is insane, especially since I got plenty of Tycho's it's just too much to justify when all I need is the head.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Green Leader\'s A-Wing with Arvel Crynyd

Picked up Green Leader's A-Wing Fighter today at Big-W, very neat in it's little window box! Haven't opened it yet as I'll need to find some hooks to hang it. I just wish it had a few more paint applications but looks alright otherwise.

GNT

Reaction score

Alot cheaper then online sites

Reaction score

Maybe the price they bought it at was higher than what Big W payed for them?

Reaction score

I saw one today....I AM PICKING ONE OF THESE UP!

I really am digging this,i scanned the price at Walmart and it said it was $29.96 Dang Good Deal IMO

Reaction score

The same ship that MSRPed at $20 in 1998, which I got at a better price during a Meijer sale that fall. All in all, I suppose $30 is a relatively fair price.

Reaction score

What happened to these?? The WMs around here had quite a few each and I havent seen one for a couple of weeks??

Reaction score

Falcon_Gunner said:
GNT said:
Alot cheaper then online sites
Cough, cough, Case Fresh, cough!.

Sorry I have a huge "Rip Off" stuck in my throat!
Uh.. actually, I just got one from CF the other day for $35.

BigW doesn't hold a candle to that!

Reaction score

I have two of those POTF2 ones, one of which is being customized. The other awaits a similar fate. I don't know much about this new A-Wing, but the cockpit has some details now, doesn't it?

Does the A-Wing itself still have the crappy raised panel lines? That's so wrong

I'd rather buy yet another POTF2 one and modify that

Reaction score

joekiss said:
What happened to these?? The WMs around here had quite a few each and I havent seen one for a couple of weeks??
One store around here stocked a bunch on the main aisle in a 4-way this week after a short drought, so you might expect a refresh shipment sometime soon.

Reaction score

Won't get this one at retail so i found me a nice deal on Ebay. Should be here by christmas

Reaction score

I got this for Christmas today. Although I can't (and probably won't) get Arvel to hold the gearsticks (or whatever they're called), it's still really good.

GNT

Reaction score

Mine still sits all boxed up atm under a pile of various Star Wars toys lol, I need to find some hooks to hang it up.

Reaction score

I have it boxed still. It does make it easier when Hasbro do these display boxes which they should do with ALL vehicles!! But I have been in two minds about getting a second one and removing the the pilot from the box and replacing him with TAC Tycho. Or less Hasbro decide to release some variants of this with different A-Wing pilots including Tycho..

Reaction score

These showed up in Australia?? Hasbro says they won't be releasing the A-Wing in Canada.What a rip off for us here.I'm a short drive to the border but with exchange now it would cost me over $45.00 Canadian.Has anyone seen this at a Walmart Canada???

Reaction score

Mynock09 said:
These showed up in Australia?? Hasbro says they won't be releasing the A-Wing in Canada.What a rip off for us here.I'm a short drive to the border but with exchange now it would cost me over $45.00 Canadian.Has anyone seen this at a Walmart Canada???
that sucks man. i don't understand why they wouldn't just release everything in canada.

GNT

Reaction score

Mynock09 said:
I got mine back in November, don't give up hope just yet. Hasbro might release it this year for you guys. *Fingers crossed*

Reaction score

I finally picked one up the other day. The best part: it was on clearance! Yeah, that's right, they marked it to clearance! Guess how much they took off the regular price. Just guess...

96 cents! A whole 96 cents! Now I can almost afford a Wendy's Junior Bacon Cheeseburger!

I'm hoping to find it at a lower price, but I'll still keep it for $29 if I can't.

Reaction score

There is no way, Hasbro confirmed this in a recent Q&A that I read.This happens a lot and we don't see most of the Exclusive stuff, due to Bi-lingual packaging requirements.Hasbro claimed the packaging diddn't get to the factory or some lame excuse like that.On a rare occasion I have found Walmart to have American packaged items but very rarely, I won't hold my breath for the A-Wing to show up.

Reaction score

I don't even see the A-wing in Walmart stores no more

Reaction score

My brother got me this for Christmas and it's great!

Have wanted an Arvel Crynyd figure since I first saw ROTJ, so am really pleased with this - I think the actual fighter is awesome too, great new cockpit.

GNT

Reaction score

That's a real shame, have a hunt around on Ebay I'm sure someone will have one cheaply on there

Reaction score

Yeah I really do want one of this version so I will more than likely get one on Ebay.I do pretty good with most of the items but it seems that the Canadian market is the worst for collectors.I can't speak for the East but in BC I have a lot of trouble finding things through good old hunting.And like I said before most of the exclusive items are never seen here.This sucks for the kids as well as collectors.

Reaction score

I finally got Arvel to hold onto the gearstick-things
. I have to say, the new detailed cockpits in this and the new B-wing are very impressive.

Reaction score

I am an A wing fan, if I was in Star wars I would fly a dark blue or black one. I bought 4 POTF2 versions and customized three of them. Heres my review of this one.

Its still the same great toy, I really appreciate the updated cockpit and the pilot is cool also. However I have two issues, both should have been fixed since the last release. First is the landing gear collapsing if you put and pressure on them sometimes even if you dont, a small notch either on the trigger, or on the landing gear slots could have corrected this. The other problem I have, seems to happen with a lot of starships, is that if you turn it upsaide down while playing, the cockpit opens, even if you hold the switch it will slip open a little. I have a big issue with this on the ships with atro slots, because the second you turn it for a roll while playing the droid slings out.

But heres my best part, I got this for $7.50 on clearence at a wal mmart today so heck those clearence isles.

Reaction score

Hip_about_Time said:
But heres my best part, I got this for $7.50 on clearence at a wal mmart today so heck those clearence isles.
That's an amazingly good buy! Good spot!!

I really like this set - a great fighter with a superb figure!

Reaction score

There are no more in my area, unfortunately.

Reaction score

Hip_about_Time said:
The best I found on this one was $18, but I did find 3 of the Wal-Mart Gunships for $10 each.

Reaction score

Keller71 said:
Hip_about_Time said:
The best I found on this one was $18, but I did find 3 of the Wal-Mart Gunships for $10 each.
I don't know why my Walmart never clearances anything!

Reaction score

I saw this one once in my Wal*Mart in the clearance isle (oddly enough, however, is was not on clearance), and I passed on it because I wanted to compare paint apps and it was the only one on the shelf. The next time I went back to the store it was nowhere to be found and I haven't seen it since. I really wish I would have picked it up now - even at the $30 price tag.
We had $64 BMFs as well, but I don't really have that kind of space right now. Both of them sold (almost) just as quickly.