</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Sponsor Update - Paugus Toy Company

STAR WARS MILENNIUM FALCON £149.99 - Autumn TBC
STAR WARS CLONE WARS AT-TE VEHICLE - Spring Autumn
STAR WARS 3.75” A-WING GREEN LEADER WITH ARVEL CRYNYD - Autumn / Winter

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Re: A-Wing Green Leader with Arvel Crynyd

I was going to post this, but I don't have a good track record with new threads today.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to an A-Wing re-release. The price on the POTF2 vehicle has actually gone up since the TAC pilot came out. You used to be able to get POTF2 A-Wings for around $5 before shipping. Now with shipping, they are consistently above or at $20. I'd rather get a new one for that price with updated paint apps.

Reaction score

As long as Hasbro does two things for me:
1) Get the helmet right.
2) Green squadron A-Wings at Endor weren't green.

Reaction score

I'm actually kind of liking it. It was one of my favorite vehicles as a kid so i'm interested to see how they paint it up and such. I'm assuming this will like the A-wing from saga line, but with a new kitbash pilot.

Reaction score

Yeah, I should have added that if the paint scheme doesn't match the picture you posted, I will pass on it and I will be picking the POTF2 one up off Ebay.

Reaction score

Well the paint should look just like the Saga A-wing, which was based on the action fleet A-wing. Which was based on what though?

Reaction score

TheMurderWeapon said:
Well the paint should look just like the Saga A-wing, which was based on the action fleet A-wing. Which was based on what though?
No it shouldn't. :] I'm sorry but Action Fleet should be one of the last things used as a reference since a lot of those designs were pulled out of nowhere. Look at the Rogue 2 Snowspeeder. I'm pretty damn sure Zev's speeder looked liked everyone elses.

Green squadron from the film looks like the the reference shot. I'm with Lunchie.. If it doesn't look like that, I'm not sure I'll buy it.

Reaction score

MyenShi said:
TheMurderWeapon said:
No it shouldn't. :] I'm sorry but Action Fleet should be one of the last things used as a reference since a lot of those designs were pulled out of nowhere. Look at the Rogue 2 Snowspeeder. I'm pretty damn sure Zev's speeder looked liked everyone elses.
Sorry I think you're misunderstanding, I didn't mean it as it should be that way, but more that this was likely what we'd get. Its fine by me if they make it that way though as I always liked the design.

Reaction score

Edit: I started this post before the preceding two posts.

I believe that's an EU pain scheme and Arvel Crynyd is movie based, so the Saga paint scheme wouldn't make sense...although I'm far from an expert on such discussions.

Toon? '78? Are you out there?

Reaction score

TheMurderWeapon said:
Sorry I think you're misunderstanding, I didn't mean it as it should be that way, but more that this was likely what we'd get. Its fine by me if they make it that way though as I always liked the design.
Well, to be fair.. You said "should look like" which leaves room for a lot of misunderstanding. :] Could or might would've been better.

No harm done.

For the sake of discussion:

The only reference that squad marking makes is to the action fleet vehicle released back in 1996. I don't think it's a reliable source since Galoob took a lot of artistic liberties with its alternate paint scheme vehicles. I think it's something they just came up with to re-release the vehicle as a variant.

Reaction score

I'd love to get that concept blue one, but going by the name it's almost certainly an updated traditional one. It's been 11 friggin' years after all.

But I want that blue one as a store exclusive down the road, Hasbro!

Reaction score

I hope it's not green, they gave us a correct color Y-Wing this year, so maybe they'll do the same for this.
And this may be the year I finally buy one, I've passed on this vehicle countless times at both retail and in the classifieds.

So we had the X-Wing in '06, the Y-Wing in '07, we're getting the A-Wing in '08...I guess it's a no brainer on when we'll see the B-Wing.

Reaction score

Autumn/Winter? Laaaaaaaaaaame.

And yeah, it SHOULD be the red one. Just with a much nicer paint job than the POTF2 one (which was fine for its time, but could use some better weathering & more detail)

Reaction score

MyenShi said:
TheMurderWeapon said:

Green squadron from the film looks like the the reference shot. I'm with Lunchie.. If it doesn't look like that, I'm not sure I'll buy it.
Actually, the Snowspeeders did have some variations. Not huge differences, but they aren't all identical.

Reaction score

One of the guys over at Galactic Hunter was dropping hints earlier this past year that we would see the blue A-Wing in 2008, which I really wouldn't mind!

Reaction score

Well, I already have 3 A-Wings, but if it's in the $20-25, I'll have a hard time passing.

Reaction score

Hell yeah, I'm all over this one. The A-Wing is my second favorite Rebel starfighter. Just as long as it's film accurate (don't want a green one). Arvel is a cool bonus but I'm happy with just getting the ship so if he's a let down I won't be bothered by it.

Reaction score

I wish it was, but unless it's a Target exclusive, it'll probably end up $30-$34. Just because it's 'exclusive' and has a pilot figure.

A-wings should be the JSFs of the OT: easy $20 vehicles that can be repainted a billion times. They could do clean red, Battle of Endor red, the Saga/AF deco, the McQuarrie deco, the Tierfon Yellow Aces deco, Mace Windu purple...

Reaction score

Ruadh said:
Actually, the Snowspeeders did have some variations. Not huge differences, but they aren't all identical.
Yes, I know - but the differences didn't extend to the dark gray and orange like the AF variant.

Reaction score

I only have one from the POTF days so I'll get this. I might get the green one off of ebay someday.

Reaction score

LunchBox said:
Edit: I started this post before the preceding two posts.

I believe that's an EU pain scheme and Arvel Crynyd is movie based, so the Saga paint scheme wouldn't make sense...although I'm far from an expert on such discussions.

Toon? '78? Are you out there?
Yeah, and I think you'd have trouble with this one too, I just haven't gone to look yet - this is an older rumor from an old 411, this just bring it to current, I've got a LOT of updates to make to the list!

And, yes, BTW - the A-Wings in ROTJ, including the one that Arvel flew is in fact the Red scheme.

The green scheme that was released during the Action Fleet and then later in the Saga days is EU. The Blue scheme is a bit of concept art - but as they found out anything with blue trim blended into the, well, bluescreen. Remember all the original scripts for ANH had Luke as BLUE FIVE as a member of BLUE squadron - there are even photographs that are starting to surface (I think there's one in the new making of book) that show the blue trimmed models.

So my hope is for the updated POTF A-Wing with a better paint job.

Obviously we'll hope for a proper new head and head gear for Arvel!

'78

Reaction score

I wil wait and see how it looks beforeI make up my mind on gettting it. With the $150.00 Falcon coming out, I might be pressed for $$$ and space.

Reaction score

This isn't the best news for me, because I'd rather Arvel Crynyd carded but oh well.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
lunchbox wrote:
I was going to post this, but I don't have a good track record with new threads today.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, but we love the other thread....it is still on topic even!

Reaction score

BoomBot said:
This isn't the best news for me, because I'd rather Arvel Crynyd carded but oh well.
Yeah, I agree with that, but with this year's Tycho, I just can't see them doing the same thing twice in as many years...

'78

Reaction score

I picked up the POTF2 A-Wing for my nephew for X-mas this year and can tell you that this ship has problems with it's landing gear that I have never experienced with my Green Saga edition. This may be an individual problem, but when I read the directions, they stated that you have to push the landing gear up as you held the button to get them to retract. The green Saga A-Wing's landing gear works perfectly by just working the button, or at least mine does.

You may want to keep this in mind.

Reaction score

Yay

I have been wanting a A-wing for some time now. I am happy it is going to be made
. I just hope Hasbro does everything right, but i know that won't happen

Reaction score

Just hoping his face sculpt doesn't resemble the final moments of his life.

GNT

Reaction score

Commander_Gray said:
Yay

I have been wanting a A-wing for some time now. I am happy it is going to be made
. I just hope Hasbro does everything right, but i know that won't happen
Same, I can finally track one down and add it to the collection.

Reaction score

darthbr3tt said:
I am glad Arvel is rumored to be finally getting the update he deserves.
Update? I think it's more fair to say he's getting his first figure ever.

The Cinema Scenes character shouldn't count since it was so entirely wrong.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
darthbr3tt said:
I am glad Arvel is rumored to be finally getting the update he deserves.
Update? I think it's more fair to say he's getting his first figure ever.

The Cinema Scenes character shouldn't count since it was so entirely wrong.
I totally forgot about that figure, but I was referring to the old POTF '85 and POTF2 '97 figures (which I know weren't named Arvel).

Reaction score

Nice to see this vehicle coming out again, its one of my favorites. But as I already have a mint POTF2 A-wing, I'll pass. Bring on the B-Wing and Tattooine Skiff!

Reaction score

I am worried they will give us a green A-wing. Hasbro usally don't say "Green Squadron" or something unless that is the colour they are painting it
. Please give us the right one Hasbro

Reaction score

I'd be worried that this will be a straight repack of the Target Green A-Wing with pilot. I wouold love to see them repack the red A-Wing with a decent pilot. it seems that Hasbro has a habit of giving us crappy pilots with our ships like the original A-Wing pilot, Red Leader, older Y-Wing pilots etc.

Reaction score

I'm not worried at all about the green A-Wing coming back for this around. If they're using the name Arvel Crynyd, then they're referencing the movie ship, and as we all know, his A-Wing got the most footage of any A-Wing in the film. Secondly, the most recent A-Wing release was the green one, so to my thinking, they wouldn't want to release the same one twice in a row. It was a 2002/2003 release whereas the red one was back in 1997 or so (I'm going off the top of my head, so I may be off) - if I were in Hasbro's shoes, I'd go for the 10+ years out of circulation release before I did the 5+ years alternative...

'78

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
I'd be worried that this will be a straight repack of the Target Green A-Wing with pilot. I wouold love to see them repack the red A-Wing with a decent pilot. it seems that Hasbro has a habit of giving us crappy pilots with our ships like the original A-Wing pilot, Red Leader, older Y-Wing pilots etc.
Where have you been the last couple years? Pack-in pilots of recent times: Lt. Lepira, 181st TIE pilot, Zev Senesca, Dagobah Luke. Not 'outstanding' but all pretty decent. That's most of 'em! Now they've got a great new A-wing pilot mold, all that's needed for Arvel is a new head & screen-accurate helmet. There's NO WAY they'll use the Saga exclusive pilot or the POTF2 pack-in pilot. TIE Pilots are the only POTF2 pack-ins they keep trying to foist on us